PDA

View Full Version : Different Broncos players talking

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Champ Bailey on the ticket on 12-30 - scroll down - under GMan, Les and JoJo - Champ talks about not making the pro bowl, staying with the Broncos, etc.

http://www.877theticket.com/#vmix_media_id=20776951

Different players, Studesville, Shannon Sharp on here:

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/archives.aspx

GEM
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I heard the Champ interview. He was making a few more sly comments than I was used to from him. Saying had he been on a better team he probably would have had more consideration. He was a lot more open than I am used to. I don't know that he wanted to be, but they asked the questions and he answered.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Champ on Brandon Lloyd: "Now he got with a good quarterback, and he was able to show his talent."

Couldn't help myself . . .

-----

DenBronx
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Champ on Brandon Lloyd: "Now he got with a good quarterback, and he was able to show his talent."

Couldn't help myself . . .

-----

so he was refering to llyod being paired up with tebow?

sweet.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM
so he was refering to llyod being paired up with tebow?

sweet.

Nope.

-----

DenBronx
01-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Nope.

-----

oh when you said "good quarterback" i thought you must have meant tebow.

who else would he be talking about then?

quinn?

topscribe
01-01-2011, 05:18 PM
oh when you said "good quarterback" i thought you must have meant tebow.

who else would he be talking about then?

quinn?

Well, we could go with the Steve Beuerlein interview, in which he said, "Josh
McDaniels, couple with Kyle Orton, really got [Lloyd] to going."

-----

Northman
01-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Didnt Lloyd work with Orton in Chi-town?

Sorry, couldnt resist.

DenBronx
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Well, we could go with the Steve Beuerlein interview, in which he said, "Josh
McDaniels, couple with Kyle Orton, really got [Lloyd] to going."

-----

I was just messin Top.

I knew what you meant.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Didnt Lloyd work with Orton in Chi-town?

Sorry, couldnt resist.

You bet. Did some pretty good things together until Lloyd was injured.

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Sometimes, I wonder why I even start threads

Northman
You bet. Did some pretty good things together until Lloyd was injured.

-----

Nothing near what he did under Mcd. Do you really have to make me give credit to McD here? Really? :lol:

topscribe

Sorry. :redface:

-----

Northman
01-01-2011, 05:25 PM

I love you and thank you for the thread. I just wish Top wouldnt start shit. :tsk:

topscribe
Nothing near what he did under Mcd. Do you really have to make me give credit to McD here? Really? :lol:

lol

-----

DenBronx

I often wonder that too.

:D

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I love you and thank you for the thread. I just wish Top wouldnt start shit. :tsk:

Some people come here only to troll. :lol: J/K
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Cugel
01-01-2011, 10:27 PM
You have to wonder if the Broncos even want Champ Bailey back if they're going to be starting another "youth movement/rebuilding program."

HORSEPOWER 56
01-01-2011, 11:07 PM
You have to wonder if the Broncos even want Champ Bailey back if they're going to be starting another "youth movement/rebuilding program."

Seeing as how they've all but missed their chance on him, the real question is, "does Bailey really want the Broncos?" His contract expires. If we're not going to pay him what he wants and someone else will, then it's probably bye bye Denver, especially if the other team is a playoff contender.

There's no longer a guarantee that Champ wants to "start over" with another rebuild project, either. He's still one of the best in the business and somebody out there will pay him at least what he's worth. I think Denver F'd up pulling his contract off the table earlier. Now his rate just went up as a FA and we're not looking so good. Back then, we still looked like we had a future...

Shazam!
01-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Honestly, if I was Champ, I wouldnt want to play in Denver.

For all his talent he's not going to win a SB here with a constant revolving door around him.

He'd be better off going to NE :puke: where he can win a title.

It's a shame.

I do hope he stays though...

Northman
01-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Honestly, if I was Champ, I wouldnt want to play in Denver.

For all his talent he's not going to win a SB here with a constant revolving door around him.

He'd be better off going to NE :puke: where he can win a title.

It's a shame.

I do hope he stays though...

Sadly, your right. And considering Denver really isnt in a position to fully compete for a title and are in the mix of rebuilding themselves it may be worth while to see what kind of offers you could get for Champ. It just depends on what he wants as a player.

Lancane
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Champ could decide to stay just because his love for the team, I know the idea is far fetched to some in a world where the almighty dollar is more important then even religion in people's lives...but that could be the case with Bailey, we don't know.

Fact is that Bailey wants to convert to safety to prolong his career, something Denver is in serious need of to begin with? I want him to stay and I'll understand if he leaves, but Bailey's comments to the media have been mostly about returning to the team...so?

Northman
01-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Champ could decide to stay just because his love for the team, I know the idea is far fetched to some in a world where the almighty dollar is more important then even religion in people's lives...but that could be the case with Bailey, we don't know.

Fact is that Bailey wants to convert to safety to prolong his career, something Denver is in serious need of to begin with? I want him to stay and I'll understand if he leaves, but Bailey's comments to the media have been mostly about returning to the team...so?

Ideally i would love for him to stay but again, we arent in a position to win a title anytime soon. It just depends on how badly Champ wants to win it and if he is willing to wait a few more years.

Canmore
01-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Ideally i would love for him to stay but again, we arent in a position to win a title anytime soon. It just depends on how badly Champ wants to win it and if he is willing to wait a few more years.

Bailey is 32, how long can he wait. With that said, I'm still hoping the Broncos and Champ come to an agreement.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 11:51 PM

You never know. It might take a while, but then again, I've seen franchises
turn around in a year's time. You just never know . . .

-----

TXBRONC
01-02-2011, 12:03 AM

Where did you here that Bailey wants to move to safety?

Also from what Rod Woodson has said the transition from corner back to safety isn't as easy as people think it is. Not that Bailey couldn't make the transition but it's just not as easy some people may think.

BeefStew25
01-02-2011, 12:07 AM

-----

We are missing a player who puts up awesome stats in non-competitive situations. Any ideas, Wilford?

zbeg
01-02-2011, 12:08 AM

-----

It's happened before, but it's much more likely that it doesn't happen.

You could take a Division II quarterback from an obscure college languishing in the arena league and NFLE when he isn't working at a grocery store, and make him your starting QB. Last time that happened, the Rams got a borderline HOFer and a quarterback who was better at his peak than any other QB in history.

But if the Broncos start scouring the Piggly Wiggly markets looking for washed up Division II quarterbacks, they're not going to get very far. It was a one-in-a-million thing.

Similarly, teams can turn things around quickly, but don't bet on it. Champ's chances of winning a SB are much higher if he goes elsewhere than if he stays in Denver. It's heartbreaking to think of him leaving, but if his priority is to win a ring, he's better off going somewhere else.

topscribe
01-02-2011, 12:09 AM
It's happened before, but it's much more likely that it doesn't happen.

You could take a Division II quarterback from an obscure college languishing in the arena league and NFLE when he isn't working at a grocery store, and make him your starting QB. Last time that happened, the Rams got a borderline HOFer and a quarterback who was better at his peak than any other QB in history.

But if the Broncos start scouring the Piggly Wiggly markets looking for washed up Division II quarterbacks, they're not going to get very far. It was a one-in-a-million thing.

Similarly, teams can turn things around quickly, but don't bet on it. Champ's chances of winning a SB are much higher if he goes elsewhere than if he stays in Denver. It's heartbreaking to think of him leaving, but if his priority is to win a ring, he's better off going somewhere else.

Denver has its QBs. They had better be looking for defenders . . .

-----

scott.475
01-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Also from what Rod Woodson has said the transition from corner back to safety isn't as easy as people think it is. Not that Bailey couldn't make the transition but it's just not as easy some people may think.

I don't know what all it takes, honestly, but Champ has been so good at playing the run for so long already, and is one of the best tacklers around in his position, I think for him it probably wouldn't be too tough.

zbeg
01-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Denver has its QBs. They had better be looking for defenders . . .

-----

Not going to find those in Piggly Wiggly markets either. :-)

honz
01-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Top, you complain about people harping on your Orton take, but then you ask for it. I'm with you more than I'm against you on Orton, but c'mon man!