PDA

View Full Version : One of the best and brightest stars among us...

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 03:51 AM
... was taken from the team 4 years ago today, right about this time...

RIP DWill... you rocked the house, dude.

You will always be one of the best Broncos ever...
I know you are still playing for us in the big game in the sky...
just sorry you dont get to play any more home games, Bro.

Salute to you, DWill. :salute:

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Gone but not forgotten.

Statement from Broncos coach Mike Shanahan four years ago:

"Losing a fine young man such as Darrent Williams leaves me speechless with sadness. We all know that Darrent was an excellent player, but as a person, he was a first-class young man who brightened every room with his smile, attitude and personality. I cannot express how heartsick I feel at this loss."

UnderArmour
01-01-2011, 04:07 AM
I was upset at the way the season had turned out, losing to San Fransisco to miss the playoffs, but this was devastating. Forget football, somebody we cared about died. As fans, we care about the players, even if we get pissed off at how they perform on Sunday. It really put things in perspective. Nobody had to die over some petty little dispute in a night club. Nobody has to die because of someone else's bad decision.

In DWill's case, he did all of the right things but was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, it had nothing to do with his actions or the way he conducted himself. In no way am I blaming Brandon Marshall for DWill's death, Brandon Marshall did not pull the trigger. Scum like Willie Clark would have killed someone over some stupid shit at some point, but it was DWill's misfortune that night. That night held a tragic lesson for all of us to learn: Our actions can have an impact on others. Negatively or positively. The whole thing still sickens me and I'm not sure I will ever get over it but I have learned that I, as an individual, should make the right decision, even if that decision is not the easy one as our actions have an impact upon others.

TiminatorTebow
01-01-2011, 07:38 AM
It sucks that we lost a young man like that but dont make this into something he never was. He was a big reason why we missed the playoffs that year. He gave up the game winning catch to SF in overtime before the FG. I know this is beyond football but he wasn't that good. He was a better return man than he was a DB.

Lonestar
01-01-2011, 08:17 AM
It sucks that we lost a young man like that but dont make this into something he never was. He was a big reason why we missed the playoffs that year. He gave up the game winning catch to SF in overtime before the FG. I know this is beyond football but he wasn't that good. He was a better return man than he was a DB.

After the tragic death he was immortalized as a great CB. He was just a nickel back at best but a great kid that many have missed.

Glad that chapter is closed. May he RIP.

Nomad
01-01-2011, 08:22 AM
After the tragic death he was immortalized as a great CB. He was just a nickel back at best but a great kid that many have missed.

Glad that chapter is closed. May he RIP.

Yeah, I'm sure DW was a great person and downplaying his skills is no disrespect to DW as a person but some BRONCO fans like the OP have greatly exaggerated his play on the field. Hell, people wanted to put the kid in the Ring of Fame!

EMB6903
01-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Wow expectations a bit to high on a 2nd year CB.

Darrent got beat just like most young CB's do. He also wasnt blessed with playing behind a great defensive line as well. Bottom line is dude made key plays on the field when Denver needed them.

A very good player.

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Dude was full of promise, he was a hard worker who would have been on this squad for many seasons, giving his ALL. When I called him the brightest among us....I was talking about the guy's incredible presence and integrity along with his talent and potential. His charitable work here in two years alone, surpassed many other players that were here for a decade. We will NEVER know how good he could have been.

On this first day of this new year, on the anniversary of his murder... you wanna come in here and piss on his memory to smugly make yourself feel like a superior football analyst? And you seriously want to pin the entire season on ONE PLAY by ONE guy? That is NOT sound football analysis.

I am not in the habit of telling people how to behave.. but you might want to look inside your own ego and take stock. I see you have TT in your sig... you think HE would approve of your NEGATIVE post in this thread?

My mother taught me that if you dont have anything nice to say... dont say anything at all... especially on the anniversary of their murder. You think maybe DWill's MOTHER might be reading this, on this sad day for their family, and do you think she appreciates your NEGATIVE, smarmy comments?

Wow. Just wow. No class, Bro. No class. :confused:

topscribe
01-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Thank you for this thread, Painter.

RIP, D-Will. You will always be dear to this organization. :salute:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Thank you so much Painter for starting this thread, which, the intent was not to scrutinize DWill's every move/play on the field, but to pay respect to his family, and to remember the wonderful, young man, who lost his life at the hands of a "heartless individual".

RIP in DWill, you will always be remembered as part of the Broncos' family. God Bless DWill's family.

Poet
01-01-2011, 05:01 PM
DWill was an up and coming player with promise to be a starting corner. I recall him making more plays than he gave up. It's not like the guy was the next Woodson or Sanders, but he certainly was a pretty good player.

He was known as a very good human being that was liked and respected. He went well before his time, and it's unfortunate.

May he rest in peace.

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 06:11 PM
We really lost two players that night... Javon was never the same person after it.

Of course having your buddies blood all over you will do that.

bcbronc
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I know this is going to sound extremely cold, and I mean absolutely no disrespect...but in the four years since DWill was murdered, a lot of other people have also died before their time. Each and every one of them was a son/daughter/mother/brother/friend etc.

Yes it was a tragic event. But no more (or less) tragic than any of the other thousands (millions?) of untimely deaths since. sorry, I know some are going to be insulted by this post, but no one life is more important than another, even if he was a Bronco. I'm in no way saying we should "forget" DWill, but I don't think Darrent should be exhalted over all the others who have died before and since.

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
No one is "exalting" him. Sheesh...

It is the anniversarry of one of our own being gunned down on the streets of Denver.
Like others noted.. it shook the team.

He wasn't drugging, beating on a woman, toting a gun, or feeling sorry for himself and comitting suicide.
He was one of the good guys.

It is the anniversary of a tragedy involving a great guy who gave a ton of himself to us...
a guy who this community embraced. It CHANGED this team and this town.
We all had grown to respect and like him immensly.

It was a big shock... on this very day 4 years ago.
Sorry if my heartfelt thread offended your egalitarian sensibilities.

Your point that we are all human and we all die is duly noted.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 06:40 PM
I know this is going to sound extremely cold, and I mean absolutely no disrespect...but in the four years since DWill was murdered, a lot of other people have also died before their time. Each and every one of them was a son/daughter/mother/brother/friend etc.

Yes it was a tragic event. But no more (or less) tragic than any of the other thousands (millions?) of untimely deaths since. sorry, I know some are going to be insulted by this post, but no one life is more important than another, even if he was a Bronco. I'm in no way saying we should "forget" DWill, but I don't think Darrent should be exhalted over all the others who have died before and since.

I understand what you are saying, BC, and it isn't unreasonable.

However, this is a Denver Broncos board, and D-Will was a Denver Bronco.
That is why we're giving him special attention here . . .

-----

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 06:44 PM
And hey, everybody!

Have a GREAT year.

Don't hesitate to tell someone you love... "I love you."

Don't put off happiness for some abstract future moment...
it may never arrive.

Do good. Be good. Strive. Be creative. Be nice.

Find beauty in this world and help others to see it.

Want to have good friends? Start by BEING a good friend.

Clean Slate. Choose happiness.

You are not bound by the past... create the reality that best suits you.

Live like you were dying.

Northman
01-01-2011, 06:48 PM
It sucks that we lost a young man like that but dont make this into something he never was.

I agree with this statement but gosh i could easily apply that too just about any young player including Tebow. But, back to your original point. I think Williams was a promising player but he wasnt a star by any means. Its unfortuante what happened just because he was a young man taken from this world too early.

Northman
01-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Dude was full of promise, he was a hard worker who would have been on this squad for many seasons, giving his ALL. When I called him the brightest among us....I was talking about the guy's incredible presence and integrity along with his talent and potential. His charitable work here in two years alone, surpassed many other players that were here for a decade. We will NEVER know how good he could have been.

On this first day of this new year, on the anniversary of his murder... you wanna come in here and piss on his memory to smugly make yourself feel like a superior football analyst? And you seriously want to pin the entire season on ONE PLAY by ONE guy? That is NOT sound football analysis.

I am not in the habit of telling people how to behave.. but you might want to look inside your own ego and take stock. I see you have TT in your sig... you think HE would approve of your NEGATIVE post in this thread?

My mother taught me that if you dont have anything nice to say... dont say anything at all... especially on the anniversary of their murder. You think maybe DWill's MOTHER might be reading this, on this sad day for their family, and do you think she appreciates your NEGATIVE, smarmy comments?

Wow. Just wow. No class, Bro. No class. :confused:

No offense, but you started a thread for people to participate in. So to really complain about comments that dont fall in line with you belief is naive no its own basis. While i may not agree with everything he said he did make some great points as did Jr....er Lonestar.

PAINTERDAVE
01-01-2011, 07:43 PM
No offense, but you started a thread for people to participate in. So to really complain about comments that dont fall in line with you belief is naive no its own basis. While i may not agree with everything he said he did make some great points as did Jr....er Lonestar.

Ok. Point taken.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM

I guess that would be LS now . . . :D

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
However, this is a Denver Broncos board, and D-Will was a Denver Bronco.That is why we're giving him special attention here . .-----

You were much more diplomatic explaining this than I would have been.

Dean
01-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Wiilie Clark was given a life sentence. D-Will was given a death sentence. To me, it still doesn't feel that justice has been done.

BeefStew25
01-02-2011, 12:22 AM
And hey, everybody!

Have a GREAT year.

Don't hesitate to tell someone you love... "I love you."

Don't put off happiness for some abstract future moment...
it may never arrive.

Do good. Be good. Strive. Be creative. Be nice.

Find beauty in this world and help others to see it.

Want to have good friends? Start by BEING a good friend.

Clean Slate. Choose happiness.

You are not bound by the past... create the reality that best suits you.

Live like you were dying.

Are you Tim McGraw?

dogfish
01-02-2011, 04:30 AM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8774/20081009010034cd09darre.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/20081009010034cd09darre.jpg/)

:salute::salute:

UrbanBounca
01-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Wiilie Clark was given a life sentence. D-Will was given a death sentence. To me, it still doesn't feel that justice has been done.

I would rather have a death sentence, than a life sentence, especially in current prisons. They're going to have fun with Willie.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

pipes
01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
No one is "exalting" him. Sheesh...

It is the anniversarry of one of our own being gunned down on the streets of Denver.
Like others noted.. it shook the team.

He wasn't drugging, beating on a woman, toting a gun, or feeling sorry for himself and comitting suicide.
He was one of the good guys.

It is the anniversary of a tragedy involving a great guy who gave a ton of himself to us...
a guy who this community embraced. It CHANGED this team and this town.
We all had grown to respect and like him immensly.

It was a big shock... on this very day 4 years ago.
Sorry if my heartfelt thread offended your egalitarian sensibilities.

Your point that we are all human and we all die is duly noted.

I tip my hat to you for creating this thread to a player and person that was taken from his family, friends, etc and you were very articulate in writing it. However..at one point you tell another poster not to piss on his memory and even bring up that his family may even read it. But then later loosely bring up Kenny's suicide as"feeling sorry for himself" ...obviously he had more emotional problems than just merely "feeling sorry for himself" ...maybe u should use ur own advice and not piss on his memory..as Kenny's family may be reading this as well.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums