PDA

View Full Version : Only the Raiders?

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 12:35 PM
There seems to be a lot of people who are quick to discredit last nights win over the Raiders. Denver did what a good team should do and that is blow out a lesser team. Last years team would struggle with this game. We made bad teams look good last year, not so this year. This years team BLEW THEM OUT. We didn’t squeak by or lose, we blew them out. The Raiders area lesser team this year but even with that, a majority of the teams don’t blow them out like we did. Our defense wasn’t perfect but it is improved. Does that mean instant Super Bowl? Of course not but it is an early assessment of the skill level of this years team. The potential is there for the Broncos to have a good season this year, we are going to compete. Enjoy the win and give them some credit. This week’s game is most certainly going to be more of a test, especially facing a very good 3/4 defense but I like our chances. :salute:

MOtorboat
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I agree.

But, yes, it is just the Raiders. The Raiders are going to implode by Week 8...I guarantee Davis fires Kiffin this year, and maybe Rob Ryan too.

What it really does is give the Broncos confidence.

BroncoJoe
09-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Can't wait for next Sunday.

Northman
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Yea, good win but Oakland didnt help themselves as usual. But no worries, there are plenty of legitimate teams still waiting on our schedule that we can compare and see where we stand. Next weeks game to be for starters.

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Honestly I can see Kiffin gone in 2-3 weeks if the "Al Davis Raiders" continue to struggle to compete. Davis will make him and possibly Ryan the fall guys but is blatantly apparent that Davis himself is the problem. I’m glad we have an owner like Bowlen instead of one like Davis!

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Honestly I can see Kiffin gone in 2-3 weeks if the "Al Davis Raiders" continue to struggle to compete. Davis will make him and possibly Ryan the fall guys but is blatantly apparent that Davis himself is the problem. I’m glad we have an owner like Bowlen instead of one like Davis!

Hopefully, Bowlen hands over the reigns before he gets senile. Al Davis used to be one Hell of an owner too.

MOtorboat
09-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Hopefully, Bowlen hands over the reigns before he gets senile. Al Davis used to be one Hell of an owner too.

Davis was a good owner before free agency...I just don't think he can figure it out...

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Davis was a good owner before free agency...I just don't think he can figure it out...

Yep, and hopefully we're not saying down the road, "Bowlen was a good owner before <insert unforseen change here>, he just can't figure it out."

MOtorboat
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Yep, and hopefully we're not saying down the road, "Bowlen was a good owner before <insert unforseen change here>, he just can't figure it out."

I doubt we'll ever have to worry about that...he doesn't meddle with the team like Davis does.

However...I hope we never get "Shanahan was a good coach before <insert unforseen change here>, he just can't figure it out."

Luckily the recent offensive shift (the spread) doesn't seem to be a problem for Shanny.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I think the biggest difference between Al Davis and Pat Bowlen is that Bowlen doesn't interfere with football decision every moment of every day. He has some common sense to realize that is why he hired these people. Hell, Al Davis still thinks it's the early 60's and he is a coach/GM, mix that in with the game passing him by, and his senility and it's easy to figure out why the Raiders have been abysmal for the last 6 years.