PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
32. San Francisco - Niners fans have actually stopped making excuses. Can't be good

31. Detroit - Swiss cheese defense and Kitna is already fighting with recieivers.

30. Atlanta - Still a solid running game. Looked good for one week at least.

29. St. Louis - Is Philly that good or are the Rams that bad? Im leaning towards the latter

28. Cincinnati - Miserable outing against a tough defense.

27. Kansas City - Had an opportunity to knock off a good team and let Cassell beat up on them

26. Oakland - Highly rated defense was decimated by Cutler. Another LOOOONG season

25. Miami - If they can play a whole game or even a half like they did the last 10 minutes, they'd be alot better

24. Baltimore - Defense looks scary good...again

23. Houston - So much for improvement. Did they even take the field this week?

22. Seattle - Hasselbeck already lost his best receiver. J Jones better be a stud or they are in serious trouble.

21. Arizona - Solid win against a bad team. Nothing impressive

20. NY Jets - Tried to give away what should have been an easy win

19. Washington - Very average outing. They just lack the talent to contend in the NFC East

18. Cleveland - So much for improving the run defense. The Cowboys made them look pretty bad

17. Tennessee - Good thing they have a defense. When your "savior" QB whines about going back in a game and then suddenly gets hurt, it cant be good for morale

16. Minnesota - Aside from a punt return, they did enough to win. They chould only get better

15. Jacksonville - Looked anemic against a solid defense. Fortunately the only team in their devision that won, also lost their franchise player

14. Denver - Cutler looked like a true leader and the offense responded. Now who is going to fire up the defense?

13. Tampa Bay - Close game against an tough offense. They will still contend

12. Chicago - This is a team that is going to be confusing from week to week. Big win against Indy, but can they maintain?

11. Philadelphia - I guess it doesnt matter what receivers are on the field when you play STL. Impressive win

10. Pittsburgh - Big win, but did they have an opponent?

9. Green Bay - Solid win as expected. Rodgers will do big things this season

8. New Orleans - Brees already has the passing game firing. MVP season for him?

7. Carolina - Very impressive comeback win against a good defense. Could turn some heads

6. Buffalo - Looked good destroying Seattle. Most improved team in the NFL

5. Indianapolis - Big loss to a questionable team. Are they on the decline?

4. New England - I dont care who is on the roster...Brady cannot easily be replaced by a high school QB. However...they're schedule could prove that wrong

3. San Diego - Seemed to give in to a fiesty Carolina team. Luck?

2. NY Giants - They've now lost both their starting DE's, but they were solid and went about their business. Can the D-line overcome this?

1. Dallas - Played simple and solid and looked REALLY good

Davii
09-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Good job Chaz. I was worried you were going to vault the Bronco's into the top 10.

They gave us every reason to be optimistic, but we must remember it was the Raider's after all.

I think they'll be in your top 10 next week after beating San Diego, the real question though, afte Denver wins how far do the Bolts fall?

CoachChaz
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
My biggest concern with Denver is the defense. There is no leadership out there other than leadership by example and those guys cant make every play. The offense looked really good against what typically is a solid defense...at least on paper. The O-line looked great, too. But, until we beat someone other than Oakland, Im not going to start rubbing the rocket just yet

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't think I would have SD ranked so high. There offense looks better than the last few years (scary thought), but I think their defense took a step back. The Panthers ran the ball down their throat in the first half, and when they started to take that away, the Panthers had some luck through the air. All of this without Steve Smith and a questionable Panthers OLine.

Rex
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
My biggest concern with Denver is the defense. There is no leadership out there other than leadership by example and those guys cant make every play. The offense looked really good against what typically is a solid defense...at least on paper. The O-line looked great, too. But, until we beat someone other than Oakland, Im not going to start rubbing the rocket just yet

Like you need an excuse to rub the rocket.

CoachChaz
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I don't think I would have SD ranked so high. There offense looks better than the last few years (scary thought), but I think their defense took a step back. The Panthers ran the ball down their throat in the first half, and when they started to take that away, the Panthers had some luck through the air. All of this without Steve Smith and a questionable Panthers OLine.

Tough to make alot of major changes after just one game. Good points, but we'll see more after next week.

CoachChaz
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Like you need an excuse to rub the rocket.

Correction...I wont start rubbing the rocket to the Broncos media guide just yet

SmilinAssasSin27
09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Atlanta should leapfrog like 6-8 teams and Pitt is MUCH better than 10th. Otherwise, very solid.

omac
09-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Very nice analysis, CoachChaz! :salute: The only thing I don't agree with is KC; I think they should rank much worse this season. Although Miami and Atlanta are "practicaly" expansion franchises because of all they went through, I think they'll do better than the Chiefs this season.

CoachChaz
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I really dont see Atlanta winning a game in their conference and with some tough non-conference foes...it doesnt get easier. I wont jump them 6 spots for beating a bad team.

Same can be said for Miami and KC, but I think they are a little better than Atlanta.

Like I said...its tough after just one week and I should probably wait a few days after Sunday to do this so I can take other factors into consideration. (Merriman out for the year, Colston out for a few weeks, Young out for a few weeks). As we get a little further into the season, things will pan out more.