PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Chargers

WARHORSE
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Heres a nice article to pump ya up concerning next weeks game vs the Dolts.

CHARGERS GIVE UP TOO MANY BIG PLAYS

Sometimes a head coach's thoughts about a game don't change much based on the outcome.
Losing at the last possible moment on a touchdown pass Sunday provided one of those situations for Norv Turner.
“We all know how the game ended and certainly it's a tough way to lose a football game,” Turner said Monday in his weekly day-after-the-game afternoon address to the media. “But had that play ended up in our favor my message to our team ... would have been the same. We played a football game. We have to find a way to get better.”
The Chargers definitely have to tackle better. They need to give up fewer big plays on the ground and in their air.
“It was not like us defensively,” Turner said. “We gave up more big plays in the first half than in any game a year ago.”
The Chargers gave up 12 plays of 10 or more yards in the first half Sunday – matched in a single game last season only by the 12 they allowed Minnesota in four quarters.
Turner said Antonio Gates' toe, Shawne Merriman's knee and Jamal Williams knees came out of the game as healthy as they could. All will be assessed as the week goes on.
Turner said of Merriman, “He looked very physical. He was explosive and very physical. They thought he was too. They doubled him a great deal of the time.”
LaDainian Tomlinson visited the media center with his right big toe taped. He said X-rays were negative and he will play this week. He injured the toe on a one-yard run from the 7 two plays before Vincent Jackson's go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter.
Turner also addressed the Chargers' porous defense at the end of both halves.
He acknowledged the Chargers' defense was different in those situations than at other times in the game. But, he said, “I don't see it as a 'prevent.' One thing we do more than most teams is we play a lot more man in those situations because we don't want people to nickel and dime us.”
The Panthers nickeled and dimed them for 55 yards and a field goal at the end of the second quarter and 68 yards and a touchdown on the game's final drive.
As for the final play, on which Jake Delhomme had enough time to double-pump and step to the side before finding Dante Rosario in the end zone, Turner said, “It was one play. We got good pressure on the edge.”
And of the coverage breakdown that allowed Rosario to slip behind Eric Weddle and Matt Wilhelm, both of whom said they touched the ball, Turner said, “We need to get deeper. Matt thought he was deep enough. If he had been a step deeper he would have batted the ball.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If its big plays that concern them...........................theyre in trouble.:coffee:

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I have been waiting for this game since last year, expect the Broncos to be FIRED UP for this one!

NorthernLights
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Chargers look plain awful and the Broncos are a scoring machine, so I don't see how the Bolts will be able to even be competitive. They can't stop the run, the passing defense is full of holes, and the LB's can't tackle. Most of the team is hurt and is playing at less than 100%, this just doesn't look too good for my team.

:D

Sotally Tober
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Chargers look plain awful and the Broncos are a scoring machine, so I don't see how the Bolts will be able to even be competitive. They can't stop the run, the passing defense is full of holes, and the LB's can't tackle. Most of the team is hurt and is playing at less than 100%, this just doesn't look too good for my team.

Way to keep the faith my Bolt bretheren. We'll win. It was the ******' Raiders. Jyles Tucker got player of the week because he looked good against the Raiders and Culter will follow suit. The Chargers just need to stop the run because our secondary now has three sutdown corners and a safety to match. That spells diasaster for Cutler. The one thing is I don't want to force Cutler out of the pocket. He's freakin superhuman on the run so we've got to bring blitzes that catch him offguard and hit him before he even realizes we're back there. Also, physicality. Hit em and hit em hard. If the ref doesn't see it, it's not P.I. and and NEVER EVER give up a big play. We're not easy to burn deep so good luck trying Cutlet!

Davii
09-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Way to keep the faith my Bolt bretheren. We'll win. It was the ******' Raiders. Jyles Tucker got player of the week because he looked good against the Raiders and Culter will follow suit. The Chargers just need to stop the run because our secondary now has three sutdown corners and a safety to match. That spells diasaster for Cutler. The one thing is I don't want to force Cutler out of the pocket. He's freakin superhuman on the run so we've got to bring blitzes that catch him offguard and hit him before he even realizes we're back there. Also, physicality. Hit em and hit em hard. If the ref doesn't see it, it's not P.I. and and NEVER EVER give up a big play. We're not easy to burn deep so good luck trying Cutlet!

The Dolts will be giving up big plays. Plain and simple, your pass rush minus Roid boy isn't really scary, and let's not forget BMarsh was out this past week.

Remember that whooping the Bronco's received at home from the Chargeless last year?

So do they.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
You can't expect to come into our house and disrespect us, and expect us to forget about it.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
You can't expect to come into our house and disrespect us, and expect us to forget about it.

Mike Shanahan has a looooooong memory. Just ask Al Davis. . .

atwater27
09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=Sotally Tober;374158] because our secondary now has three sutdown corners and a safety to match.QUOTE]

http://img40.picoodle.com/img/img40/9/7/12/f_6483Spongebm_98392a9.jpg

Italianmobstr7
09-09-2008, 05:06 PM
The Chargers just need to stop the run because our secondary now has three sutdown corners and a safety to match.

3 shutdown corners? Your corners aren't as good as Asomogah and Hall, and look at what happened to them WITHOUT BMarsh out there. Who is this 3rd shutdown corner that you speak of? Antoine Cason? When did Eric Weddle become a shutdown safety? I must have missed all of this. The Chargers have a good DL, and 1 good LB (who is hurt). Shaun Phillips is the most overrated LB i've ever heard of. The guy can rush the passer, and that is it. He is a straight up liability in pass coverage. If I were you, I would worry less about stopping the run, and more about HOPING to stop our passing attack. After watching how much Cutler has matured, I think that sunday could be a long, bad day for the Chargers apparently very overrated secondary (at least by you).

Edit* If you couldn't stop Donte Rosario and Jake Delhomme, just imagine what Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Eddie Royal are going to do....

ATLbroNCO
09-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokely,Tony Scheffler.
Have fun San Diego.

Sotally Tober
09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
We straight up own Denver now! The donks have proved incapable, INCAPABLE of scoring a touchdown against the Chargers so plaease keep up this illusion created by a Raiders blow out. Quniten Jammer IS a shutdown safety. Cro IS an interception machine and better yet he doesn't drop coverage to boost his own ego. Cason was premature. Sorry, TWO shutdown corners. Weddle is a shutdown safety. He's incredibly smart on the field and knows exactly where to be to make the play (exception of Dante Rosario winning play), a lot better than the trash we gave to you (McCree, a guy who blows coverage because he's lazy, runs interceptions on fourth down in the playoffs, and litterally runs slower to the running back because he's afraid of physicality).

atwater27
09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Weddle is a shutdown safety. He's incredibly smart on the field and knows exactly where to be to make the play (exception of Dante Rosario winning play)

Some "shutdown safety". Never heard of the term though. If you are a safety that means you are too slow to be a corner. How does that shut anything down? Good luck hoping a 3rd string tight end doesn't slice through your vaunted secondary again. Because there is a guy named Tony Scheffler that is going to make widdle weddle wish he was facing Rosario again.

JONtheBRONCO
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
We are going to whip your candy asses and Cutler is going to toss his game ball at Rivers feet.

WARHORSE
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
:D

Yep.

I agree.:coffee:

;)

Buff
09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
We straight up own Denver now! The donks have proved incapable, INCAPABLE of scoring a touchdown against the Chargers so plaease keep up this illusion created by a Raiders blow out. Quniten Jammer IS a shutdown safety. Cro IS an interception machine and better yet he doesn't drop coverage to boost his own ego. Cason was premature. Sorry, TWO shutdown corners. Weddle is a shutdown safety. He's incredibly smart on the field and knows exactly where to be to make the play (exception of Dante Rosario winning play), a lot better than the trash we gave to you (McCree, a guy who blows coverage because he's lazy, runs interceptions on fourth down in the playoffs, and litterally runs slower to the running back because he's afraid of physicality).

I'll give you the past two years... Total domination.

But we've got a better team this year. Cutler is in total control. The rush defense IS improved based on the fact that it could not possibly be any worse than it was last year. Merriman just went on IR. Expect the games to be much more competitive this year if nothing else.

MileHighWrath
09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Delhomme threw for 246 yrds; Dante Rosario and Muhsin Muhammad had 96 yrds and 56 yrds respectively.

Panthers won on a last second 34 yrd TD pass.

Where is this "shutdown" secondary these charger fans speak of?

FYI Charger fan; you play Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshal, Eddie Royal, Tony Sheffler and Brandon Stokley this week, not to mention every other eligible receiver Cutler finds open in your "shutdown" secondary.

smith49
09-09-2008, 08:15 PM

aha, ahaha, ahahahahahaaaahhaaahahaaahahaahahaa, oh please stop, please, ahahoohhhaehhehehhaaaahahahaha.................... are you for real? i know the chargers beat the broncs down last year pretty good, but are you kidding me with this crap. the only thing you got correct is that cutler is superman, but hes superman in or out of the pocket.

Sotally Tober
09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Some "shutdown safety". Never heard of the term though. If you are a safety that means you are too slow to be a corner. How does that shut anything down? Good luck hoping a 3rd string tight end doesn't slice through your vaunted secondary again. Because there is a guy named Tony Scheffler that is going to make widdle weddle wish he was facing Rosario again.

I threw that in for good measure, litterally a way to undermine my own claim. But I honestly believe Weddle and Hart are both much better than that castoff who now donns blue and orange. You understand he cost us a Superbowl, right?

MasterShake
09-09-2008, 08:21 PM

Are you talking to us, or trying to calm down that horrible feeling deep down in you gut. You know what the feeling is called? The Broncos.

LoyalSoldier
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I threw that in for good measure, litterally a way to undermine my own claim. But I honestly believe Weddle and Hart are both much better than that castoff who now donns blue and orange. You understand he cost us a Superbowl, right?

No I thought your kicker did. Or maybe the offense. Or maybe the rest of the defense...

Just face it the whole team had a meltdown not just one player. You should have won that game several times.

Sotally Tober
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Don't get me wrong. The Chargers played like crap. They couldn't tackle and played this prevent defense that letterally would allow ANY quarterback to have big game. I recant the claim that we have three shutdown corners but honestly Cro is an interception machine and Jammer is a great defensive back. Not to mention two underrated safeties that adequately prevent any kind of deep threat or particularly red zone ones. I'll say it again if the Chargers get better up front they win. It'll be close, a LOT closer than the previous meetings you've had with Rivers but our O is better than your D. By that fact alone Cutler will not be out there often enough to put on a dominant show and then if the defense approves, he won't do much when he's out there. Chargers win 28-20.

Sotally Tober
09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
No I thought your kicker did. Or maybe the offense. Or maybe the rest of the defense...

Just face it the whole team had a meltdown not just one player.

Brady would've never got the winning score had McCree just dropped down when he got it. We played like crap but we would've won had McCree not decided to pull some heroics and fumble, something he did earlier in the season too. Now he's your problem.

SarahKay
09-09-2008, 09:08 PM
God I can't wait for Sunday!!!!!!! This should be another great game.. I think we will actually have some competition in this one. :laugh:

AlWilsonizKING
09-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Cutler said on his show tonight something to the effect of "just watching the video of Rivers smack talk get him fired up and ready to play." You know he'll be ready to play come Sunday!!!

PEACE!!!

omac
09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Delhomme threw for 246 yrds; Dante Rosario and Muhsin Muhammad had 96 yrds and 56 yrds respectively.

Panthers won on a last second 34 yrd TD pass.

Where is this "shutdown" secondary these charger fans speak of?

FYI Charger fan; you play Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshal, Eddie Royal, Tony Sheffler and Brandon Stokley this week, not to mention every other eligible receiver Cutler finds open in your "shutdown" secondary.

Let's not forget this real important similarity between the Broncos and the Panthers .... they both got their wins without their #1 receivers playing. And those aren't regular #1s ... they're big time, playmaking #1s.

omac
09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Heres a nice article to pump ya up concerning next weeks game vs the Dolts.

CHARGERS GIVE UP TOO MANY BIG PLAYS

Sometimes a head coach's thoughts about a game don't change much based on the outcome.
Losing at the last possible moment on a touchdown pass Sunday provided one of those situations for Norv Turner.
“We all know how the game ended and certainly it's a tough way to lose a football game,” Turner said Monday in his weekly day-after-the-game afternoon address to the media. “But had that play ended up in our favor my message to our team ... would have been the same. We played a football game. We have to find a way to get better.”
The Chargers definitely have to tackle better. They need to give up fewer big plays on the ground and in their air.
“It was not like us defensively,” Turner said. “We gave up more big plays in the first half than in any game a year ago.”
The Chargers gave up 12 plays of 10 or more yards in the first half Sunday – matched in a single game last season only by the 12 they allowed Minnesota in four quarters.
Turner said Antonio Gates' toe, Shawne Merriman's knee and Jamal Williams knees came out of the game as healthy as they could. All will be assessed as the week goes on.
Turner said of Merriman, “He looked very physical. He was explosive and very physical. They thought he was too. They doubled him a great deal of the time.”
LaDainian Tomlinson visited the media center with his right big toe taped. He said X-rays were negative and he will play this week. He injured the toe on a one-yard run from the 7 two plays before Vincent Jackson's go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarter.
Turner also addressed the Chargers' porous defense at the end of both halves.
He acknowledged the Chargers' defense was different in those situations than at other times in the game. But, he said, “I don't see it as a 'prevent.' One thing we do more than most teams is we play a lot more man in those situations because we don't want people to nickel and dime us.”
The Panthers nickeled and dimed them for 55 yards and a field goal at the end of the second quarter and 68 yards and a touchdown on the game's final drive.
As for the final play, on which Jake Delhomme had enough time to double-pump and step to the side before finding Dante Rosario in the end zone, Turner said, “It was one play. We got good pressure on the edge.”
And of the coverage breakdown that allowed Rosario to slip behind Eric Weddle and Matt Wilhelm, both of whom said they touched the ball, Turner said, “We need to get deeper. Matt thought he was deep enough. If he had been a step deeper he would have batted the ball.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If its big plays that concern them...........................theyre in trouble.:coffee:

If there's one thing that could lead to an excelent team getting beaten, it's arrogance. Nowhere once did Turner give any credit to the Panthers; their good defense, their consistent rushing attack, their dynamic passing game without their best WR, Steve Smith. I hope they continue to believe they're invincible, as it will make it easier for everyone else to beat them.

Benetto
09-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Merry mans out for the rest of the season...One less cheater off the field next week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80aae4ea&template=with-video&confirm=true

underrated29
09-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Cutler said on his show tonight something to the effect of "just watching the video of Rivers smack talk get him fired up and ready to play." You know he'll be ready to play come Sunday!!!

PEACE!!!

Dam that gets me fired up!

Italianmobstr7
09-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Don't get me wrong. The Chargers played like crap. They couldn't tackle and played this prevent defense that letterally would allow ANY quarterback to have big game. I recant the claim that we have three shutdown corners but honestly Cro is an interception machine and Jammer is a great defensive back. Not to mention two underrated safeties that adequately prevent any kind of deep threat or particularly red zone ones. I'll say it again if the Chargers get better up front they win. It'll be close, a LOT closer than the previous meetings you've had with Rivers but our O is better than your D. By that fact alone Cutler will not be out there often enough to put on a dominant show and then if the defense approves, he won't do much when he's out there. Chargers win 28-20.

They didn't play prevent defense all day. Not only did the Panthers pass all over your "vaunted" secondary, but they ran all over you too. Antonio Cromartie has had 1, count them 1 good year. He's no superstar or "interception machine" yet. You know who interception machines are? Dre Bly and Champ Bailey. They've done it for longer and better than any other 2 corners in the league. Right now Cromartie is a flash in the pan. How many picks did this so called interception machine have on Sunday? Jammer is a good CB, and a proven one, so no argument there. If your safeties were so great and underrated, and so good in the red zone then they wouldn't have allowed DONTE FREAKING ROSARIO to catch the winning pass with no time left on the clock. Eric Weddle and Clinton Hart are unproven, not underrated. Hart has been in the league for a while, and still nobody outside of San Diego knows who the heck he is. That would be because he sucks. Weddle is still young, and hasn't really had a chance to make a name for himself, but I didn't think he was THAT good in college, and so far I don't think that he's very good in the NFL. You say that Mcree is afraid of contact, but he sure didn't look like it last night. He made some good plays and some nice hits. You can't blame your team falling apart and losing to the Patriots all on one player. So he fumbled after an INT. Your defense still didn't stop them after that. It's not all his fault. Your offense is good minus your dumb ass, sh*t talking quarterback. LT is the best back in the game, Gates is a great TE (although he looked scared to rack up any YAC against Carolina) and you guys have a good DL so our D will be tested, but I think that Denver can score with any team in the league, and I think we will prove it this last week. Denver is going to be psyched to play our home opener, and to revenge last years terrible losses, and all the sh*t talking that the Chargers did. This coming Sunday is bad news for the Chargers. You had better hope that your team doesn't under estimate the Broncos otherwise it's going to be a very, very long game. The way the Broncos offense is playing, it might be a very, very long game anyways. Can't wait for Jay to get ahold of your very overrated defensive backfield. He could put up 300 and 5 TD's this week.

omac
09-09-2008, 11:42 PM
They didn't play prevent defense all day. Not only did the Panthers pass all over your "vaunted" secondary, but they ran all over you too. Antonio Cromartie has had 1, count them 1 good year. He's no superstar or "interception machine" yet. You know who interception machines are? Dre Bly and Champ Bailey. They've done it for longer and better than any other 2 corners in the league. Right now Cromartie is a flash in the pan. How many picks did this so called interception machine have on Sunday? Jammer is a good CB, and a proven one, so no argument there. If your safeties were so great and underrated, and so good in the red zone then they wouldn't have allowed DONTE FREAKING ROSARIO to catch the winning pass with no time left on the clock. Eric Weddle and Clinton Hart are unproven, not underrated. Hart has been in the league for a while, and still nobody outside of San Diego knows who the heck he is. That would be because he sucks. Weddle is still young, and hasn't really had a chance to make a name for himself, but I didn't think he was THAT good in college, and so far I don't think that he's very good in the NFL. You say that Mcree is afraid of contact, but he sure didn't look like it last night. He made some good plays and some nice hits. You can't blame your team falling apart and losing to the Patriots all on one player. So he fumbled after an INT. Your defense still didn't stop them after that. It's not all his fault. Your offense is good minus your dumb ass, sh*t talking quarterback. LT is the best back in the game, Gates is a great TE (although he looked scared to rack up any YAC against Carolina) and you guys have a good DL so our D will be tested, but I think that Denver can score with any team in the league, and I think we will prove it this last week. Denver is going to be psyched to play our home opener, and to revenge last years terrible losses, and all the sh*t talking that the Chargers did. This coming Sunday is bad news for the Chargers. You had better hope that your team doesn't under estimate the Broncos otherwise it's going to be a very, very long game. The way the Broncos offense is playing, it might be a very, very long game anyways. Can't wait for Jay to get ahold of your very overrated defensive backfield. He could put up 300 and 5 TD's this week.

Whoow!!! What a beatdown! The corners should throw in the towel. :salute:

Sotally Tober
09-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm liking this. Cro had a good year, yes. But the cards are laid out, more are coming. The only reason it won't happen is quarterbacks will literally be afraid to throw his way, which means he still has a serious impact. Cutler get a hold of the secondary...what happened last time? And like I said we'll just keep Cutler off the field. The first half of that game sucked and is really where we lost it. In the second half the playcalling sucked but the players were much better. Merriman, who will be missed but not too bad, was pushing guys all the way to Delhomme and the pass rush was better. We'll have a few more looks for Denver. The only thing that scares me is pushing Cutler out of the pocket. He's downright superhuman in full stride. Is it time for Cutler to break out? I think we've heard that before... Chargers win 28-20

Italianmobstr7
09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm liking this. Cro had a good year, yes. But the cards are laid out, more are coming. The only reason it won't happen is quarterbacks will literally be afraid to throw his way, which means he still has a serious impact. Cutler get a hold of the secondary...what happened last time? And like I said we'll just keep Cutler off the field. The first half of that game sucked and is really where we lost it. In the second half the playcalling sucked but the players were much better. Merriman, who will be missed but not too bad, was pushing guys all the way to Delhomme and the pass rush was better. We'll have a few more looks for Denver. The only thing that scares me is pushing Cutler out of the pocket. He's downright superhuman in full stride. Is it time for Cutler to break out? I think we've heard that before... Chargers win 28-20

You can like whatever you want. Cromartie is overrated until proven otherwise. You want a corner that scares people? Champ Bailey is his name. Russell did not throw his way 1 time last night, because he knew better. You seem to be living in the past with this "What happened last time?" talk. Guess what? It's a new year. Cutler is a better player now than last time we played you guys. Losing Merriman is going to hurt a lot more than you think Chargers boy. You're trying to down play losing him, but it's not fooling anybody. Every team in the league knows that the Chargers will not be the same without him on the field That man uses his steroids to get nice and juiced up and it helps juice up the rest of your team. he's your teams emotional and physical leader. Your defense physicality just went down a few notches. Our defense may not be elite, but you guys aren't just going to control the clock all day. They're much improved against the run, and our entire team is going to be looking to prove a point against your team of loudmouths and crybabies. Did you watch the game last night? Cutler looked phenomenal outside the pocket AND inside of it. He is poised, making all of the right reads, and putting the ball right on the money. Cutler's breakout has already happened. By the end of this year, he will be a top 5 quarterback, and he is becoming the leader that the Broncos need him to be. Denver will open up the playbook this weekend, even more so than we did against the Raiders. I'm sure that the Chargers will have a few new defensive looks, but so will Denver. You can predict scores, and say that your O will keep ours off the field all day all you want, the fact is that you'll be proven wrong on Sunday. The Chargers are not going to come in to our house and work us over again. Denver will be fully prepared, and I'm sure Shanny will have something special for them. As for your DB's, good luck with Marshall, Royal, Jackson, Stokely, and Scheffler. If Asomogah and D Hall couldn't stop them, then neither will Cromartie and Jammer.

Sotally Tober
09-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Big Question:
Whoever wins this game wins AFC West, yes or no?

Italianmobstr7
09-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Not necessarily. Week 2 is not going to decide the division. Week 17 however, might.

omac
09-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Big Question:
Whoever wins this game wins AFC West, yes or no?

No, the real question is, who will win this game? While a lot of people picked SD to beat the Panthers, I picked the Panthers, and it's documented in pick'em thread. That's because as invincible as you think SD is, we all know they have weaknesses to exploit. We know that you can put in Volek and still have the same success, but if you lose LT or if he's off, you'll be in trouble. And though you downplay it all you want, Merriman is a huge factor.

Besides Carolina, you'll also face some tough matchups. The Jets with Favre have the potential to score points from anywhere on the field. Buffalo's rushing offense with Marshawn is very tough, Edwards is a very composed QB, and their OL is good. New Orleans has multiple deep and short receiving threats, and another good OL. Pittsburgh has very solid defense, and Parker is running spectacular. Tampa Bay is another tough team with tough defense, and a grinding running game and short passing game.

Lots of teams will affect who wins the AFC West, but it's typical of Chargers fans to not notice the improvements of other teams, including a divisional rival, but their own weaknesses as well.

Sotally Tober
09-10-2008, 01:34 AM
See, I think we lose this one. One week is not long enough to fix the problems AND get ready for a team that barely needs help if any at all. We'll get lucky against Favre, barely beating him. And then we begin the streak that ends with the Bolts on top of the AFC West where they belong. So 0-2 will be the story. I am willing to admit that Denver is a very good team and we'll have our hands full but I still think it's not a good enough team to win the division. Rookie of the Year Royal (Hey! I can call him ROYal) and Cutler are explosive playmakers so Denver, see ya in January!

Sotally Tober
09-10-2008, 01:36 AM
No, the real question is, who will win this game? While a lot of people picked SD to beat the Panthers, I picked the Panthers, and it's documented in pick'em thread. That's because as invincible as you think SD is, we all know they have weaknesses to exploit. We know that you can put in Volek and still have the same success, but if you lose LT or if he's off, you'll be in trouble. And though you downplay it all you want, Merriman is a huge factor.

Besides Carolina, we'll also face some tough matchups. The Jets with Favre have the potential to score points from anywhere on the field. Buffalo's rushing offense with Marshawn is very tough, Edwards is a very composed QB, and their OL is good. New Orleans has multiple deep and short receiving threats, and another good OL. Pittsburgh has very solid defense, and Parker is running spectacular. Tampa Bay is another tough team with tough defense, and a grinding running game and short passing game.

Lots of teams will affect who wins the AFC West, but it's typical of Chargers fans to not notice the improvements of other teams, including a divisional rival, but their own weaknesses as well.

See Above

omac
09-10-2008, 01:42 AM
See, I think we lose this one. One week is not long enough to fix the problems AND get ready for a team that barely needs help if any at all. We'll get lucky against Favre, barely beating him. And then we begin the streak that ends with the Bolts on top of the AFC West where they belong. So 0-2 will be the story. I am willing to admit that Denver is a very good team and we'll have our hands full but I still think it's not a good enough team to win the division. Rookie of the Year Royal (Hey! I can call him ROYal) and Cutler are explosive playmakers so Denver, see ya in January!

Okay, okay ... I might've jumped the gun ... just a little. :D :beer:

broncosfanscott
09-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Chargers win 28-20

First you say the Chargers will win and then you say they lose. :confused:

Which one is it?

GEM
09-10-2008, 12:45 PM

You have to get to a Superbowl in order to have someone cost you a Super Bowl. You haven't gotten to the Superbowl in 18 years. :coffee:

LRtagger
09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
You understand he cost us a Superbowl, right?

I thought the p*ssy in your avatar did that??

NorthernLights
09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
You have to get to a Superbowl in order to have someone cost you a Super Bowl. You haven't gotten to the Superbowl in 18 years. :coffee:

It's only been 14 years.

omac
09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
It's only been 14 years.

:D lol

GEM
09-10-2008, 01:49 PM
It's only been 14 years.

Ohhhh I'm sorry, I was off by 4 years. :lol:

NorthernLights
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Ohhhh I'm sorry, I was off by 4 years. :lol:

Glad I could help.

LoyalSoldier
09-10-2008, 03:12 PM
The thing is this is actually starting to turn out like the 05 season. Chargers lose their home opener in the 4th quarter to an NFC team and then the next game is at Denver. Maybe history does repeat itself.

SarahKay
09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't get the game. I'm pissed! :tsk:

Sotally Tober
09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't get the game. I'm pissed! :tsk:

http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

Now you can watch the Broncos win.
Yeah I'm going back on that 28-20 prediction.
The Broncos are good and the Chargers will be fighting an uphill battle and lose OR I'm only saying that because deep down I think that when I say they win, they lose and vice versa. So Chargers lose...

Bolltfanbo
09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
After all you guys come down off your high from beating the worst team in football please check yourself into reality. You guys are not as good as you looked and The Chargers are not as bad as they looked. It is somewhere in between. Oak flat out sucks with Russel. They had no pass threat. You guys stacked the box to try and stop the run because you didn't fear their passing game. That will not be the case with SD. You guys bought into the hype that the media was spewing about Oak's defense. It's not that great. They have no DL, ok lb's and Asumwhatever is good but Hall and Huff are way overrated. Now the Bolts are banged up and probably at about 75%. They looked flat. They rested most of their injured starters during preseason. The Carolina game looked like a preseason game. I expect a much better effort come Sunday. Should be a great game.

Enjoy the short stay a top the AFC West. Because when the bolts get healthy they will be on top at the end.......... Remember you guys a a two game lead last year and we all know how that ended.

McCain and the Hot MILF in 08

SoCalImport
09-10-2008, 06:13 PM
After all you guys come down off your high from beating the worst team in football please check yourself into reality. You guys are not as good as you looked and The Chargers are not as bad as they looked. It is some where in between. Oak flat out sucks with Russel. They had no pass threat. You guys stacked the box to try and stop the run because you didn't fear their passing game. That will not be the case with SD. You guys bought into the hype that the media was spewing about Oak's defense. It's not that great. They have no DL, ok lb's and Asumwhatever is good but Hall and Huff are way overrated. Now the Bolts are banged up and probably at about 75%. They looked flat. They rested most of their injured starters during preseason. The Carolina game looked like a preseason game. I expect a much better effort come Sunday. Should be a great game.

Enjoy the short stay a top the AFC West. Because when the bolts get healthy they will be on top at the end.......... Remember you guys a a two game lead last year and we all know how that ended.

Without question it's "somewhere in between".
San diego still has great players. Sorry to say that Turner will eventually drag your team down though.

The thing to get excited about for Broncos fans is pretty much EVERYTHING with the exception of the D-line, which is still a huge ??.
What out though. Our O is gonna get better and better each week.

broncobryce
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Bolltfanbo;375698]After all you guys come down off your high from beating the worst team in football please check yourself into reality. You guys are not as good as you looked and The Chargers are not as bad as they looked. It is somewhere in between. Oak flat out sucks with Russel. They had no pass threat. You guys stacked the box to try and stop the run because you didn't fear their passing game. That will not be the case with SD. You guys bought into the hype that the media was spewing about Oak's defense. It's not that great. They have no DL, ok lb's and Asumwhatever is good but Hall and Huff are way overrated. Now the Bolts are banged up and probably at about 75%. They looked flat. They rested most of their injured starters during preseason. The Carolina game looked like a preseason game. I expect a much better effort come Sunday. Should be a great game.

Excuses, excuses. Thats all I hear from you guys when the sparklers lose. And I would take the Raiders secondary over yours (minus hall). If we aren't any good why are you here on the broncos board? Go home and make up some more excuses for when you lose on sunday.

Bolltfanbo
09-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Ah the go home comment. Gotta love a weak response. Do I threaten you? I'm not some unrealistic troll saying Culter Sucks blah blah blah.
Dude get a clue, I didn't say the Broncos are no good I just said that they not as good as they looked against a piss poor Oak team. Great you guys beat a pansy. You should have. As for excuses. Did I the Bolts didn't win because of this and that. No I just said they should be better this week. If you think the team that every NFL poll had to win the AFC west sucks then that's up to you. Go ahead, you'll be looking up at the end of they year.... As for being on other teams board, I just like to hear what other people are saying about their team. I like to have info for FF and the Chargers game. Tons of people go on other teams site. If you're respectable and give your opinion with out being total a s s it's fine.

claymore
09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
After all you guys come down off your high from beating the worst team in football please check yourself into reality. You guys are not as good as you looked and The Chargers are not as bad as they looked. It is somewhere in between. Oak flat out sucks with Russel. They had no pass threat. You guys stacked the box to try and stop the run because you didn't fear their passing game. That will not be the case with SD. You guys bought into the hype that the media was spewing about Oak's defense. It's not that great. They have no DL, ok lb's and Asumwhatever is good but Hall and Huff are way overrated. Now the Bolts are banged up and probably at about 75%. They looked flat. They rested most of their injured starters during preseason. The Carolina game looked like a preseason game. I expect a much better effort come Sunday. Should be a great game.

We will see, but like you said.... Its probably somewhere in the middle. Although losing to the Panthers is worse than beating the Raiders. I say that cause they were scrubs last year, but since they beat you, they are all of a sudden a good team.

We beat a scrub team from last year, and its just what we were supposed to do.

It goes both ways...

As fans, its unfair because bot you, and I dont really know where we sit, and its uncomfortable... Truth be told, Chargers could suck ass, but so could the Broncos....... and........ maybe both teams suck, and sunday is a fight for the shitiest team in the AFC West.........

Sundays game just settles stuff between us. Broncos and Chargers.

Bolltfanbo
09-10-2008, 07:48 PM
We will see, but like you said.... Its probably somewhere in the middle. Although losing to the Panthers is worse than beating the Raiders. I say that cause they were scrubs last year, but since they beat you, they are all of a sudden a good team.

We beat a scrub team from last year, and its just what we were supposed to do.

It goes both ways...

As fans, its unfair because bot you, and I dont really know where we sit, and its uncomfortable... Truth be told, Chargers could suck ass, but so could the Broncos....... and........ maybe both teams suck, and sunday is a fight for the shitiest team in the AFC West.........

Sundays game just settles stuff between us. Broncos and Chargers.

Just a little bit different. The Panthers are a good team. Many predict them to win their division. They were 7-9 last year with their #1 and #2 QB's out for the year. They are just two years removed from the NFC Champ game. Meanwhile Oak has been one of the worst teams for the last 5 years with horrible leadership and coaching turmoil. I will agree you that a loss is worse than a win.....

jrelway
09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
from rotoworld..

LaDainian Tomlinson (toe) missed Chargers practice Wednesday.

This may very well have been precautionary, but since the injury is a toe it's concerning. The Chargers know that best, having dealt with Antonio Gates and Nick Hardwick's extended absences due to bum toes. Keep a close eye on LT2 this week. He's got an inviting matchup against the Broncos. Sep. 10 - 8:11 pm et

uh oh dolt fans..might have to rely on rivers beating us. HAH HAH.

Sotally Tober
09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
LT is gonna play against Denver, a team he usually fares very well against. I'm scared of the Broncos. We have proven them incapable of scoring a touch down the past year against the Chargers, a team that came in 1-3. I know they want revenge and we just want the season to turn around. Both teams will be fighting hard and if the bolts can put some pressure and contain Cutler, this is going to be one hell of a game.
Third flip flop: Maybe the Chargers will win; maybe they won't. I say it's a toss-up.

Day1BroncoFan
09-10-2008, 08:46 PM
dolts may score on us but I say we chew up your secondary with Marshall and Royal. Our running game will stick in your throat and set you on your asses. You better hope lt plays. If he don't we'll be getting a few ints along the way to capsizing you little boat.

omac
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Ah the go home comment. Gotta love a weak response. Do I threaten you? I'm not some unrealistic troll saying Culter Sucks blah blah blah.
Dude get a clue, I didn't say the Broncos are no good I just said that they not as good as they looked against a piss poor Oak team. Great you guys beat a pansy. You should have. As for excuses. Did I the Bolts didn't win because of this and that. No I just said they should be better this week. If you think the team that every NFL poll had to win the AFC west sucks then that's up to you. Go ahead, you'll be looking up at the end of they year.... As for being on other teams board, I just like to hear what other people are saying about their team. I like to have info for FF and the Chargers game. Tons of people go on other teams site. If you're respectable and give your opinion with out being total a s s it's fine.

No, you don't sound like an uninformed troll.

But that "pansy" will beat you once this season. The Panthers ran on you this season, the lowly Chiefs ran on you last season, and the Vikings ran 378 yards on you. Yes, that "pansy" will beat you once this season .... i think. :D

I agree that the Broncos aren't as good as they looked, and the Chargers aren't as bad as they looked. But Oakland isn't as bad as they looked as well. Their rushing attack is actually really good, 7th (6th?) best in the league last season, and now with more options. JaMarcus played pretty decent for practically a rookie, and had his receivers caught a few passes, he would've looked even better.

lex
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
LT is gonna play against Denver, a team he usually fares very well against. I'm scared of the Broncos. We have proven them incapable of scoring a touch down the past year against the Chargers, a team that came in 1-3. I know they want revenge and we just want the season to turn around. Both teams will be fighting hard and if the bolts can put some pressure and contain Cutler, this is going to be one hell of a game.
Third flip flop: Maybe the Chargers will win; maybe they won't. I say it's a toss-up.

Usually fares well against? Perhaps if you look at only the last 2 years. Before that, he had horrid days against us. You must be the typical Charger fan that goes way back to 2006, otherwise youd know this about LaT.

Sotally Tober
09-11-2008, 12:58 AM
LT is the best player in the game...

broncobryce
09-11-2008, 01:54 AM

"Now the Bolts are banged up and probably at about 75%. They looked flat. They rested most of their injured starters during preseason."
That sure sounds like an excuse to me. You're no troll, but I wouldn't say your respectable either. No fan of another team should be able to come here and tell us to "check into reality" and how we "bought into the hype of Oaklands d." Expect to be treated like a red-headed stepchild. Or don't come to a bronco forum. :welcome:

omac
09-11-2008, 06:01 AM
LT is the best player in the game...

That's subjective; to me, he's one of the best. I personaly rank Brady and Peyton as the best in the league, 1 & 2, depending on the season.

WhatEver!!!
09-11-2008, 06:24 AM
I do not believe the Chargers are better than what they played against the Panthers. They are as good as their injuries, LT toe, Merriman knee, etc... Just like last year the Broncos were as good as their injuries, the Panthers as good as their injuries, New England as good as theirs-- this year.

This year the Broncos are health (knock on wood!!), the Chargers are hurt, period... On top of that all their injuries are "OLD" players who will not heal quickly or not at all.

I have to admit Rivers looked good against the Panthers, he kept them in the game. BUT the Panthers have average CBs with good LBs. DL is ok, even with Peppers (whatever happened to him :tsk:) We have Great CBs, good LBs (getting better but nothing to write home about), and a DL which shows signs of being better than last year.

It should be a good game.

EastCoastBronco
09-11-2008, 07:24 AM
The Panthers beat the Bolts with half the talent we have and a TON of heart. Delhomme inspired that motley crew into doing what everyone thought was impossible. If we can muster up even a quarter of the heart the Panthers showed last Sunday, we will kick the Bolts' asses all the way back to San Diego...

omac
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM
On a side note, it's refreshing to see most of almost all of us picked the Broncos to beat the Chargers in the pick'ems. Last season, it was pretty common to pick against the Broncos. This team's offense looks much better, and it's defense seems upgraded a bit. :rockon:

Sotally Tober
09-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I can't wait for this game. We're in for one hell of a fight. Personally I think I get the gameplan. The Broncos were at the bottom in rush defense last year and didn't look too improved Monday night. The Raiders had to abandon their rushing attack and still had 150 rushing yards. Granted the Raiders are a very good team on the ground but San Diego is just as good, if not better. We have our patchwork offensive line but LT still gained close to one hundred yards so if the Bronco D has not improved we should be able to run all over them and if we can do that we'll be able to suprise the secondary with some good passes and win the game. And defensively we should pull the QB contain and keep Cutler's ass in that pocket, where we can pressure him and hopefully knock him down! The Chargers run D also looks terrible this year but it was so good last year (minus a fluke from Adrian Pederson & Chester Taylor) and will probably be closer to form this week so I'm looking for a weak running game from Denver. As far as the secondary is concerned, I think SD is solid and better than the Raiders' DBs this year. Certain things went right and a few things went wrong, a few things that can very easily be fixed. No more jumping the gun, Cromartie. Most of your INTs are bound to happen and few wont; don't try to make something happen when it hurts the team if you fail. This game should be exciting. GO CHARGERS; BEAT THE BRONCOS!!!!!

Bolltfanbo
09-11-2008, 12:08 PM
No fan of another team should be able to come here and tell us to "check into reality" and how we "bought into the hype of Oaklands d." Expect to be treated like a red-headed stepchild. Or don't come to a bronco forum. :welcome:

Ok, defending your turf I get that... I can live as a step child in here..

On a completely different and far more important note;
Do these names mean any thing to fans on this board?
David Dimeglio, Thomas Kennedy, Patrick Currivan, Brian Dale and John Keohane.

Probably not, I've never heard of them either until I received a piece of paper and was told to look them up on the internet. I found out these random people are among the many who died on 9/11... Most sobering bit of internet searching I've done... Never Forget!!! And god bless their families.

Thnikkaman
09-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok, defending your turf I get that... I can live as a step child in here..

On a completely different and far more important note;
Do these names mean any thing to fans on this board?
David Dimeglio, Thomas Kennedy, Patrick Currivan, Brian Dale and John Keohane.

Probably not, I've never heard of them either until I received a piece of paper and was told to look them up on the internet. I found out these random people are among the many who died on 9/11... Most sobering bit of internet searching I've done... Never Forget!!! And god bless their families.

:welcome: Your sentiment is welcome, and we have a place for it. You can find it here:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Please don't take this as anything other than keeping the thread on topic.

omac
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
I can't wait for this game. We're in for one hell of a fight. Personally I think I get the gameplan. The Broncos were at the bottom in rush defense last year and didn't look too improved Monday night.

They looked tons better than last season, but yes, still not good enough.

The Raiders had to abandon their rushing attack and still had 150 rushing yards.

How many of those yards, though, were given up in a prevent defense when we were way ahead? At that point, we want the Raiders to run so they can use up more clock. Still, they were very effective running against us early in the game.

Granted the Raiders are a very good team on the ground but San Diego is just as good, if not better.

You have arguably the best RB in the league. The Raiders, though, have an excellent zone blocking scheme, and various weapons at RB, for a more complex rushing attack. The Broncos defense seem to have a harder time against zone blocking teams, as opposed to man blocking teams.

We have our patchwork offensive line but LT still gained close to one hundred yards so if the Bronco D has not improved we should be able to run all over them and if we can do that we'll be able to suprise the secondary with some good passes and win the game.

Two points; 1st, we'll have to see if that LT indeed has turf toe, and if he can properly run with it, or if he'd be severely hampered by it. That's one of the more painful injuries to play through, and can change his acceleration and cuts.

2nd, you have to be more concerned about your patchwork OL, because it's one of the main reasons the Broncos could not have a consistent rushing and passing attack last season. I noticed 2 of Rivers' TDs were when he was flushed outside the pocket; that sounds a lot like what Cutler was forced into doing a lot of last season, because of our patchwork OL. Though Rivers is good outside the pocket, he's a much better QB in the pocket, so that could affect his performance. A patchwork OL is what made Garrard and the Jaguars look horrible against the Titans' pressure.

The good thing for you guys is that we haven't been able to apply a whole lot of pressure to QBs, so we'll see who wins ... your patchwork OL, or our mostly ineffective pass rush.

And defensively we should pull the QB contain and keep Cutler's ass in that pocket, where we can pressure him and hopefully knock him down!

Now here's where you haven't really been paying attention to the Broncos. Though Jay is great on the run, he's actually an excellent pocket passer. The reason he could not do much of that last season was because his patchwork OL could not protect him. When he did stay in the pocket last season, he had one of the quickest releases for QB's, borne out of necessity. When he decides to pass in the pocket, he delivers his throws without flinching, despite the oncoming hit. He's played in the pocket last season as much success as his OL allowed him, and he's played in the pocket at Vandy. He was the SEC Offensive Player of the Year, in the worst team in the division. He practically carried his team.

Despite not having SD's OL last season, and despite not having LT to run for him, and despite having injuries to his #1 RB and #1 WR, and despite having a patchwork OL, he put up better numbers than Rivers.

This season, he has a healthy and upgraded OL; he has 2 dangerous WR threats, to go with his dependable slot and TE options. He also has a slew of healthy RBs, all of who'm are pass catchers.

And the way he looked against the Raiders is the same way he looked this preseason against the Cowboys, Texans, and Packers.

You want to keep Jay in the pocket; I want him to stay in the pocket, too, because he's very efficient in there.

The Chargers run D also looks terrible this year but it was so good last year (minus a fluke from Adrian Pederson & Chester Taylor) and will probably be closer to form this week so I'm looking for a weak running game from Denver. As far as the secondary is concerned, I think SD is solid and better than the Raiders' DBs this year. Certain things went right and a few things went wrong, a few things that can very easily be fixed. No more jumping the gun, Cromartie. Most of your INTs are bound to happen and few wont; don't try to make something happen when it hurts the team if you fail. This game should be exciting. GO CHARGERS; BEAT THE BRONCOS!!!!!

Though the Chargers have very good secondaries, their real strength is/was the pressure they could put on opposing QBs; that's what the Raiders could not do, and it made their secondaries look bad.

Merriman going out will affect the pressure you can put on the QB.

One thing you don't take into account is that the team you played, the Panthers, are actually a very good team. Their rushing attack with DeAngelo and Stewart was very punishing, and Jake Delhomme plays better under pressure.

I don't think your defense is as bad as you think; you just don't appreciate how good the Panthers are, and by Norv's comments, neither does he. He focussed only on what the Chargers did wrong, not that the Panthers did anything right.

If Norv thinks the Chargers are that invincible, it will be to every other team's advantage.

Here's looking forward to a great game. :cheers:

Sotally Tober
09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
They looked tons better than last season, but yes, still not good enough.

Though the Chargers have very good secondaries, their real strength is/was the pressure they could put on opposing QBs; that's what the Raiders could not do, and it made their secondaries look bad.

Merriman going out will affect the pressure you can put on the QB.

One thing you don't take into account is that the team you played, the Panthers, are actually a very good team. Their rushing attack with DeAngelo and Stewart was very punishing, and Jake Delhomme plays better under pressure.

I don't think your defense is as bad as you think; you just don't appreciate how good the Panthers are, and by Norv's comments, neither does he. He focussed only on what the Chargers did wrong, not that the Panthers did anything right.

If Norv thinks the Chargers are that invincible, it will be to every other team's advantage.

Here's looking forward to a great game. :cheers:

Oh yes...one needs to only watch NFL Replay to see how much the defense and offense improved after the half. The real problem was their offensive line. They held up Merriman really well, took Castillo out of the game, pushed Olshansky over quickly, and kept Williams backed up. The minute a linebacker could've come into play they were there to block him too. Carolina's offense played very well and coupled with poor play from the defensive front that proved disastrous. San Diego is better than that; I'm sure of it. Denver will probably find out too.

As for pass rush...Castillo is one of the best. Williams opens lanes up for ILB and OLB rush up the middle while stopping the other side from doing likewise. And Philips is a good pass-rusher. We didn't have Merriman for a few games in 2006 and the pass rush was still very good.

Oh! You may not like Philip Rivers but he's the top five QB you're tying to make Cutler into.

Thnikkaman
09-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh! You may not like Philip Rivers but he's the top five QB you're tying to make Cutler into.

A loudmouth girl that spends more time on her back than a prostitute at the Chicken Ranch?

GEM
09-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh yes...one needs to only watch NFL Replay to see how much the defense and offense improved after the half. The real problem was their offensive line. They held up Merriman really well, took Castillo out of the game, pushed Olshansky over quickly, and kept Williams backed up. The minute a linebacker could've come into play they were there to block him too. Carolina's offense played very well and coupled with poor play from the defensive front that proved disastrous. San Diego is better than that; I'm sure of it. Denver will probably find out too.

As for pass rush...Castillo is one of the best. Williams opens lanes up for ILB and OLB rush up the middle while stopping the other side from doing likewise. And Philips is a good pass-rusher. We didn't have Merriman for a few games in 2006 and the pass rush was still very good.

Not too hard when he's got LT behind him, a great OLine in front of him and arguably one of the best TE's in the game. See how easy it is....now that Cutler has some options, he is looking even better than before.

Try to remember that SD has 2 years of winning going for them. Thats not a whole lot in a 50 year history. Don't get too used to it, it won't hurt as bad when you get put back in the cellar.

Sotally Tober
09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Not too hard when he's got LT behind him, a great OLine in front of him and arguably one of the best TE's in the game. See how easy it is....now that Cutler has some options, he is looking even better than before.

Try to remember that SD has 2 years of winning going for them. Thats not a whole lot in a 50 year history. Don't get too used to it, it won't hurt as bad when you get put back in the cellar.

The Cellar! We both know that's not happening. This is far too good to lose games against the Raiders and/or Chiefs at the level those teams are at now. Denver hasn't been in the cellar. What makes you think SD is not playoff bound?

omac
09-11-2008, 03:39 PM

errr .... okay .... :loco:

GEM
09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
The Cellar! We both know that's not happening. This is far too good to lose games against the Raiders and/or Chiefs at the level those teams are at now. Denver hasn't been in the cellar. What makes you think SD is not playoff bound?

Playoffs are not the Superbowl. Who gives a rat's behind if you get to the playoffs every year.....it's getting to the big one that counts.

Nope, we haven't been in the cellar in I can't remember how long. It's not too distant a memory for you.

Day1BroncoFan
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
It's true, Rivers by career passer rating (minimum: 500 attempts) is the second best quarterback in the league, third with Brady in.

Got something to back that up with? This is what I am seeing for active players.

1. Peyton Manning (31) 94.7 1998-2007 clt
2. Kurt Warner (36) 93.2 1998-2007 3TM
3. Tom Brady (30) 92.9 2000-2007 nwe
4. Ben Roethlisberger (25) 92.5 2004-2007 pit
5. Carson Palmer (28) 90.1 2004-2007 cin
6. Daunte Culpepper (30) 89.9 1999-2007 3TM
7. Chad Pennington (31) 88.9 2000-2007 nyj
8. Marc Bulger (30) 88.1 2002-2007 ram
9. Drew Brees (28) 87.9 2001-2007 2TM
10. Jeff Garcia (37) 87.2 1999-2007 5TM
11. Trent Green (37) 86.9 1997-2007 4TM
12. Philip Rivers (26) 86.6 2004-2007 sdg

Here is a link. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_active.htm)

broncobryce
09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
It's true, Rivers by career passer rating (minimum: 500 attempts) is the second best quarterback in the league, third with Brady in.

What? Quit making stuff up. Cutlers rating is better than Phyliss' already. And Phyllis had LT to hand to, plus sat and learned for 2 years until he was ready. Cutler was thrown in his first season. Nice try, though.:lol:

Sotally Tober
09-11-2008, 09:27 PM
What? Quit making stuff up. Cutlers rating is better than Phyliss' already. And Phyllis had LT to hand to, plus sat and learned for 2 years until he was ready. Cutler was thrown in his first season. Nice try, though.:lol:

Yes! I ended up taking Yahoosports.com word for it with the obvious distinction that Manning is better. Whoops!
But look at that list - NO CUTLER

MOtorboat
09-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes! I ended up taking Yahoosports.com word for it with the obvious distinction that Manning is better. Whoops!

www.nfl.com.

Your quarterback sucks. Deal with it. He's got a noodle for an arm, and it will bite his loud-mouth in the ass.

MOtorboat
09-11-2008, 09:32 PM

There's a minimum number of pass attempts on that list or something, because Cutler's career rating is higher that Phyllis'...

Davii
09-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Career QB Rating

Phyllis: 87.7
Jay: 90

www.nfl.com

Sotally Tober
09-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Career QB Rating

Phyllis: 87.7
Jay: 90

www.nfl.com

Yeah, but doesn't that have to do with how many times the guy threw the ball? When did Cutler debut? PR came out at the very beginning of 2006 so he's had more passes and that easily drives a passer rating down.

broncobryce
09-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, but doesn't that have to do with how many times the guy threw the ball? When did Cutler debut? PR came out at the very beginning of 2006 so he's had more passes and that easily drives a passer rating down.

Dude, how much do you know about football? More passes can drive the rating up or down, depending on percentage, yard's per attempt, and TD and Int's. The fact that Cutler has a better rating than Rivers says a lot, because if you would have read my post Philip got to sit for two years and learn. (Big advantage when it comes to rating). Plus defenses obviously worry about LT. Cutler got thrown in his first season. Now please charger fans, at least gain some knowledge before you come in here. I get sick of talking to first graders.

Hawgdriver
09-11-2008, 11:40 PM

Cutler has just under 500 attempts, Rivers just over 900. More passes drives a passer rating toward reality, but you would expect it to go up with a young quarterback. Rivers actually regressed last year (82 QB rating), but Cutler's has steadily gone up.

Davii
09-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Anyone else going to be at the game?

It'll be my first time at the new stadium for a game.

My flight leaves LAX in 8 hours. I don't think i'll be able to get to sleep tonight!

broncobryce
09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Cutler has just under 500 attempts, Rivers just over 900. More passes drives a passer rating toward reality, but you would expect it to go up with a young quarterback. Rivers actually regressed last year (82 QB rating), but Cutler's has steadily gone up.

Where are you guys getting your stats from? Cutler has 628 attempts for his career. Ubelievable! :tsk:

Hawgdriver
09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Where are you guys getting your stats from? Cutler has 628 attempts for his career. Ubelievable! :tsk:

You're right! I misread.

Sotally Tober
09-12-2008, 01:40 AM

Oh! Ok. Fine, then Cutler is hands down a better quarterback.

Davii
09-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Oh! Ok. Fine, then Cutler is hands down a better quarterback.

That's a given. Glad you came around to reality.

Nomad
09-12-2008, 05:58 AM
I expect the Chargers to give a tougher game than the Raiders did. I expect the BRONCOS to win by a small margin, and don't expect the offensive dominance like Monday night. Though, Merriman won't be in the line-up, the Chargers is still have a tough defense and they beat us last year without him handily. Shanny can't afford humiliation at the expense of the Chargers again. BRONCOS win 23-20.