PDA

View Full Version : Really, Orton?

Pages : [1] 2

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 02:18 PM
"Talked to Orton in the locker room. He declined to talk about Tebow's 2 starts. "I don't comment on other guys' play," Orton said."

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

At least try to hide your bitterness Kyle.

Don't comment on other guys' play? Yeah, I'm sure you've never commented on Lloyd's amazing play this year that helped you keep your job as long as you did.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Well now people can begin to connect the dots some of the Orton critics have made about him.

Some critics say he cowers and closes up when the game is close. Apparently he does when he isn't the starter as well.

He is who we thought he was. He will make sure he is a malcontent going forward.

Kyle Orton's success, if you can call it that with 3 wins on his belt for this season, has him believing he deserves to be the unquestioned starter. He will do everything he can to make sure he gets a ticket out of town.

:wave: Kyle. I will certainly miss your phantom sacks and dump offs to RB's due to pressure that almost gets your RB killed.

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 02:26 PM
I used to at least respect his professionalism. Now I think he just sucks all the way around.

UrbanBounca
12-31-2010, 02:28 PM
It doesn't matter. He'll ask for a trade in the offseason.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
12-31-2010, 02:31 PM
It doesn't matter. He'll ask for a trade in the offseason.

He won't have to ask, they're already prepared to trade him IMHO or they'll be cutting his ass from the roster after June 1st.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 02:36 PM
I guess we're all going to put our own meaning into yet another comment . . .

-----

Just admit it was a shitty remark, Top. Good grief.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 02:37 PM
I guess we're all going to put our own meaning into yet another comment . . .

-----

No meaning needed, top. What else would one take from that? :confused:

I know you like the guy but at some point even a person such as yourself would have to admit it is a bit dooshish of Orton to act that way.

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
I think Orton believes he's an elite QB. Which is laughable. No matter where he goes he will be pushed by someone because he is not a franchise QB. He's a mediocre starter/game-manager/stop-gap.

He must read some of his groupies posts.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
I have no idea. Neither do you. What did he mean by it? You tell me.

I just don't have a tendency to take one-liners and make a big deal of them
because I admit that I do not always know specifically what they meant.

So if there is any admitting to do, then that ought to be it, IMO . . .

-----

Please. You are one of the most opinionated people here - absolutely no offense intended in that statement.

Shall we review his comments over the past two years re: other players' performance? There are probably 1,000's of examples. It's VERY clear what he means by that statement.

UnderArmour
12-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Sheesh. The guy might not have anything nice to say and he doesn't have anything nice to say he shouldn't say it at all. I'm glad he is keeping his mouth shut on this.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 02:45 PM
I didn't mind him saying he felt he deserves to start, but that comment just sounds bitter. I hope he's just upset at losing his job and realizes he's being a douche about it and comes around.

Either way, he's not going to be here next year, but I would have expected him to leave professionally. No one likes being replaced but he himself said it's a business and there's always competition.

champbronc2
12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
He wanted to say something bad, and decided to say nothing at all.

Put yourself in his shoes. You have one of the best years of your career, then get benched for a rookie and the rookie excels. It's an unfortunate situation for him. He didn't bring it upon himself, and he can't really control the fact that the team sucks and has to move on to Tebow, but of course he is going to feel negatively toward the whole thing.

At least he decided not to say anything.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
LOL at Top playing stupid. He has too much pride on the line to admit that he could have possibly have been wrong about Orton. I guess some people just aren't capable of admitting when they are wrong.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 02:48 PM
I am opinionated over what I view as FACT!

I find no FACTS in such an off-hand, one-liner. I never have! Ever!

Now, you all go ahead and discuss what you think the guy meant with his
five-or-so worded remark and think that you are wise and I'm the fool. Fine.

-----

Seriously - don't you find that remark a bit odd when he would freely, openly and constantly speak of "player's performance" while he was the starter and not now?

It's pretty black and white to me.

chazoe60
I didn't mind him saying he felt he deserves to start, but that comment just sounds bitter. I hope he's just upset at losing his job and realizes he's being a douche about it and comes around.

Either way, he's not going to be here next year, but I would have expected him to leave professionally. No one likes being replaced but he himself said it's a business and there's always competition.

He didn't mind the competition when it was Chris Simms. He is sounding extremely bitter. Oh well, like I always say; Good bye Orton have fun reinforcing a different team's desire for a franchise QB.

BigDaddyBronco
I know a lot of you guys hate Orton, but c'mon, what do you want him to say?

"Yea Tebow is great, I don't have a competitive bone in my body so I want him to be the QB."

or

"Tim is playing ok, but they can only use 1/4 of the playbook with him."

He is trying to not say anything, but just not doing it the right way. If he said "no comment" (which is basically what he said), then everyone would be jumping all over him. Why is Orton, the guy who didn't make a peep when they brought in Quinn or drafted Tebow, now some total douchebag.

God, get a grip.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 02:49 PM
He wanted to say something bad, and decided to say nothing at all.

Put yourself in his shoes. You have one of the best years of your career, then get benched for a rookie and the rookie excels. It's an unfortunate situation for him. He didn't bring it upon himself, and he can't really control the fact that the team sucks and has to move on to Tebow, but of course he is going to feel negatively toward the whole thing.

At least he decided not to say anything.

A team player would say something along the lines of "I think he played well" and leave it at that. Lying is another thing, considering he HAS commented on the play of others.

Dzone
It goes beyond mere words in one sentence. You really need to see his facial expressions to fully appreciate what a jerk Orton is.
If you look at video of orton saying this stuff, his smugness comes through in his facial expressions. He is a total douche bag. His bad attitude and lack of professionalism has no place here. Cut him or trade him. He is a LOSER.

chazoe60

"Yea Tebow is great, I don't have a competitive bone in my body so I want him to be the QB."

or

He is trying to not say anything, but just not doing it the right way. If he said "no comment" (which is basically what he said), then everyone would be jumping all over him. Why is Orton, the guy who didn't make a peep when they brought in Quinn or drafted Tebow, now some total douchebag.

God, get a grip.

How about "He's playing well, we got a win and that is all that matters."

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Please do not draw that card on me. I don't give a shit whether I like the guy
or not. I'm not going to take a one-line comment and try to put my own
meaning to it. I don't care who the dude is.

WTF?

-----

I have yet to see you be critical of the guy, or any other player you like top. Lindsey Jones isn't Josina Anderson. She isn't out for the sensational.

It seems pretty straight forward. To call it anything but what it is and to insist people are reading into it or adding their own meaning is simply absurd and further proof your blind devotion to the guy is clouding your judgment.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-31-2010, 02:51 PM
I still think he is a very, very capable back up QB. I would not be surprised if Jax did not pick him up in trade since Garrard will be out with surgery and the team does not have a legit back up.

I am on the fence on this. I do not know enough about him like the rest of you do. It could have been a back handed statement, bad mood, negativity notice not one word posted in that statement was positive.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 02:53 PM
To clarify, I like Orton.

BigDaddyBronco
12-31-2010, 02:53 PM
How about "He's playing well, we got a win and that is all that matters."
See if he says anything at all other than gushing about Tebow he's some horrible guy. I would have loved to see his body language when he made that quote.

Why can't the guy be unhappy that he isn't playing. Don't we want our players to be competitive?

atwater27
12-31-2010, 02:55 PM
The anonymous fansite folks love to microinspect every quote and action from every player. They seem to forget we are all human, and for some reason think that our players are supposed to be these superhero moviestars that say all the right things, don't let anything get to them, and , oh, I don't know, don't get pissed off when they are benched after a decent season passing the ball for a rookie.

Think of what Orton went throught this season... Knowing he was the starter with a coach who was going to make him a star, then seeing Quinn and Tebow join the team, then he blows up and starts having a career season, becomes a fan favorite..(you fickle ****s) then his coach gets canned, his confidence takes a hit, his play sputters, and he gets benched for a rookie.

He deserves to be pissed. His future here is done, and not much through his own fault. It's been a rollercoaster season for him. I was skeptical at first of him, but he grew on me. In no way do I think he is the future of the franchise, nor do I want him to be. I want him to get a shot to start for another team. But I appreciate what he did for Denver this season, and don't think he deserves to be treated the way he is by the team and the fans.

That said, bring on the Tebow era!

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 02:55 PM
If I was Orton, I would feel like my play has earned me a starting spot in Denver or elsewhere, but I would still give Tebow credit for a good performance.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 02:56 PM
See if he says anything at all other than gushing about Tebow he's some horrible guy. I would have loved to see his body language when he made that quote.

Why can't the guy be unhappy that he isn't playing. Don't we want our players to be competitive?

That just isn't true at all. He could have made a polite "He's playing well" comment and that would have been fine. To openly lie and say "I don't comment on other player's performance" is deserving of criticism.

And as has been said before, sure I want him to be competitive, but to be pouty and have some sense of entitlement to the starting position is unbecoming of a professional.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 02:57 PM

To me, it's the phrase. He comments on other player's play all the time. To use that wording is what bothers me, and leads me to believe he would be a cancer if kept. Drew Bledsoe lost his job due to injury also, but at least acknowledged Brady was playing well, yet stated he still wanted to play himself.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Situation - you are the head of a department at work, and you have commented on some employees in that department in the past - praising them for their work. Then an "equal" to you is brought in, and performs very well, and you are ask by your boss what you think (fully knowing this equal employee will more than likely replace you) - are you going to go all out and praise that equal employee?

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
WTF is wrong with you people? I say I will not prejudge such a comment, and you all are jumping my ass.

Wow.

-----

Yeah, because you totally didn't call out every poster in the thread in post #6 or anything. Get ahold of yourself.

Dzone
12-31-2010, 02:59 PM

You dont have to act like a jerk to be competitive. Kubiak was Elways backup and he never acted unprofessional the way Orton has.
I used to Like Orton. Not anymore. Not after I have seen the way he has acted .

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 02:59 PM
The bottom line is Orton could have said anything....

BUT

He chose to lie! Seems like a character flaw to me.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Situation - you are the head of a department at work, and you have commented on some employees in that department in the past - praising them for their work. Then an "equal" to you is brought in, and performs very well, and you are ask by your boss what you think (fully knowing this equal employee will more than likely replace you) - are you going to go all out and praise that equal employee?

Who has said that Orton has to go all out and praise Tebow? All anyone is saying is that he could have said something a little less bitter sounding.

BigDaddyBronco
12-31-2010, 03:00 PM
To me, it's the phrase. He comments on other player's play all the time. To use that wording is what bothers me, and leads me to believe he would be a cancer if kept. Drew Bledsoe lost his job due to injury also, but at least acknowledged Brady was playing well, yet stated he still wanted to play himself.

This is coming off a Tweet, how do we know that is exactly how he worded it. He could have meant it in the context of "I don't comment against other players I'm compeating against." We don't know what he was asked before he said that, or what conversation was going on or anything, just a dumb Tweet. Why get all bent out of shape over that?

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
You dont have to act like a jerk to be competitive. Kubiak was Elways backup and he never acted unprofessional the way Orton has.
I used to Like Orton. Not anymore. Not after I have seen the way he has acted .

To be fair, that's a completely different situation.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
WTF is wrong with you people? I say I will not prejudge such a comment, and you all are jumping my ass.

Wow.

-----
You called those out who chose to call the situation as they saw it, top. To make matters worse, you didn't even comment on the OP.

Call me crazy but it seems like you could have commented on the thread or simply left the other posters and their view on the matter out of it :noidea:

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 03:02 PM

Being a professional that has been in a similar situation, yes - to a degree. "Praise" is probably not the word I'd use, but I'd certainly pick that persons brain A LOT to improve my own performance and acknowledge their performance.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:02 PM
This is coming off a Tweet, how do we know that is exactly how he worded it. He could have meant it in the context of "I don't comment against other players I'm compeating against." We don't know what he was asked before he said that, or what conversation was going on or anything, just a dumb Tweet. Why get all bent out of shape over that?

So are you accusing Lindsay Jones of misquoting him? Seems like a pretty straight forward to me. If he meant "I don't comment against other players I'm compeating against.", he would have said that.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Good god people! These are athletes! We pay attention to them for their feats on the field. We aren't dating them or entering them into Miss America contests. Who effing cares what a paid athlete said about a competing paid athlete? Last time I checked this was the NFL, not Oprah.

BigDaddyBronco
So are you accusing Lindsay Jones of misquoting him? Seems like a pretty straight forward to me. If he meant "I don't comment against other players I'm compeating against.", he would have said that.
I don't know, it's pretty hard to discuss context of a effin tweet, two sentences and I know what they were talking about.

Hell, we might as well set up the gallows for Orton, the mob has their torches and pitchforks.

Dzone
I have no idea how someone can take any anti Orton talk so personally. wow. Its just football man. Wow is right.

atwater27

BUT

Then keep him off your Christmas list.:tsk:

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Then an "equal" to you is brought in, and performs very well, and you are ask by your boss what you think (fully knowing this equal employee will more than likely replace you) - are you going to go all out and praise that equal employee?

No. You tackle his ass into the watercooler. Cause it's football, not telemarketing.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 03:07 PM
One thing is certain:

This thread will have 30 pages by nightfall!

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:07 PM

He's a public figure Atwater. When a public figure makes a public comment it is open to public criticism. If that makes you unhappy then perhaps you shouldn't peruse this thread. :noidea:

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:08 PM
I didn't call anybody out. What are you talking about?

-----

Yes you did. Unfortunately you deleted the post so we can't prove it.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Good god people! These are athletes! We pay attention to them for their feats on the field. We aren't dating them or entering them into Miss America contests. Who effing cares what a paid athlete said about a competing paid athlete? Last time I checked this was the NFL, not Oprah.

Why should Orton be spared? This is a COMMENT forum, is it not? Past players have been questioned for far less i.e. Cutler's "he's not my favorite person right now." Shoot people questioned Cutler's every comment. Scheffler's comments about the end of last season. I could go on for days.

Furthermore, Orton was placed on a pedestal at 6-0. We had things like "Orton's Army" and again with his hot start statistically this year we had nonstop nonsense about how Orton is greater than good and just such a perfect person.

Now when we see chinks in the armor we are supposed to just turn a blind eye? :confused: PLEASE!!!

Let's not forget, Jake Friggin Plummer still inspires pages of heated debate around here. Orton is not and should not be above his fair share of justifiable criticism.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 03:09 PM
This thread is starting to turn into comedy gold.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 03:10 PM

Its still in quotes on the first page.

@ top: I am suprised you would try to pull that top. You're better than that.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:11 PM
He's a public figure Atwater. When a public figure makes a public comment it is open to public criticism. If that makes you unhappy then perhaps you shouldn't peruse this thread. :noidea:

I will peruse as I please. Surprised by all the overreacting about Orton's simple statement that y'all aren't spending your time posting at WWE or TNA.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Why should Orton be spared? This is a COMMENT forum, is it not? Past players have been questioned for far less i.e. Cutler's "he's not my favorite person right now." Shoot people questioned Cutler's every comment. Scheffler's comments about the end of last season. I could go on for days.

Furthermore, Orton was placed on a pedestal at 6-0. We had things like "Orton's Army" and again with his hot start statistically this year we had nonstop nonsense about how Orton is greater than good and just such a perfect person.

Now when we see chinks in the armor we are supposed to just turn a blind eye? :confused: PLEASE!!!

Let's not forget, Jake Friggin Plummer still inspires pages of heated debate around here. Orton is not and should not be above his fair share of justifiable criticism.

Exactly. This is a BRONCOS message board and a player on the Broncos made a controversial comment. What are we supposed to do? Ignore it?

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:13 PM

OOOOh you nailed top on that one. I'm gonna call you the hammer!:rolleyes:

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
I will peruse as I please. Surprised by all the overreacting about Orton's simple statement that y'all aren't spending your time posting at WWE or TNA.

SO we're wrong to read into, comment on, or speak of Orton's comments to one of the better Broncos writers in town...

But

your sig of Cutler's comments about McDaniels being right is somehow different.

R-I-C-H.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
I love it when people chastise others for posting their opinion on something on a frickin message board.

:yardog:

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:15 PM
OOOOh you nailed top on that one. I'm gonna call you the hammer!:rolleyes:

I thought you said you were cool with burying the hatchet? If you want to continue to be a douche to me when I haven't said a word about you in this thread though, then by all means...

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:17 PM
I thought you said you were cool with burying the hatchet? If you want to continue to be a douche to me when I haven't said a word about you in this thread though, then by all means...

Douche is a pretty good desrcriptive word to describe your behavior in this thread.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Seriously - don't you find that remark a bit odd when he would freely, openly and constantly speak of "player's performance" while he was the starter and not now?

It's pretty black and white to me.

Okay, as a repost: Yes, I do find it odd. Nonetheless, there is nothing else to
make of it. What it looks like to me does not necessarily constitute what his
intentions were because he has not clarified his position. It was a one-liner.
That's it. I don't care if I hated his guts (although I don't hate anybody on
the team): I don't take such a one-liner and try to put my own meaning into
it. I never have. I never will. That's just me. That, in my mind, is wisdom.

There. Maybe I have clarified my own position a little better now.

-----

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Douche is a pretty good desrcriptive word to describe your behavior in this thread.

And you are always peaches and cream? Please.

Hello Pot...

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:20 PM

Go back and look at all of your posts about Josh McDaniels, then come back and tell me you have a leg to stand on by calling ANYONE a douche based on how they comment about a Broncos player or coach.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Go back and look at all of your posts about Josh McDaniels, then come back and tell me you have a leg to stand on by calling ANYONE a douche based on how they comment about a Broncos player or coach.

I am confident that I was spot on on all my posts about McDaniels.

Back to the topic. You start a thread about a simple comment by Orton, spinning it into waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than it is worth, then criticizing him for it. Dude got the shaft, he handles it better than most of us would. But we want to project that it is this unacceptable, unprofessional action, and posters in this thread are claling him a loser and a douchebag and such. This board is so infantile sometimes.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:29 PM

Back to the topic. You start a thread about a simple comment by Orton, spinning it into waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than it is worth, then criticizing him for it. Dude got the shaft, he handles it better than most of us would. But we want to project that it is this unacceptable, unprofessional action, and posters in this thread are claling him a loser and a douchebag and such. This board is so infantile sometimes.

That doesn't mean you weren't a complete douchebag in your posts about him.

And I am confident that I am spot on here. His quote speaks for itself.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 03:32 PM

How did Orton get the shaft? Please inform me. The KC game he had produced more ground balls than a Rockies game. His AZ game was uninspired and it was clear to many in the media he had all but quit and did so knowing the coaches wouldn't go away from him. His third down conversion rate is as low as the temperature is outside today. So the coaches finally went away from him and now he is entitled to something? :confused: COME ON.

Let's not go down the road of spinning a comment into way to much. It has been done plenty of times before. I was accused of doing the same by Criticizing cutler for his Best Damn Show comments. It is done.

I digress-How did he get the shaft? Please enlighten us.

Dzone
12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
LMAO! This is great! People taking it personally and overreacting because people dont like a certain players attitude. Too Friggin funny. You gotta love it.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:35 PM
That doesn't mean you weren't a complete douchebag in your posts about him.

And I am confident that I am spot on here. His quote speaks for itself.

I am capable of arguing without throwing the word douchebag around if you are. I imagine the mods would prefer it that way as well....

I was right about McDaniels and I don't recall calling him a douchebag either. I criticized him for his actions as a head coach that helped drive us into futility, and I think Pat Bowlen would agree with my assessment. Sorry if that irks you, but it is how history played itself out. But have fun hyper-analyzing Orton's non-comment.:salute:

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 03:39 PM

Orton didn't get the shaft. Bronco fans got the shaft because we had to watch that slug play QB for almost 2 full seasons. That is punishment right there.

Dzone
12-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Have you looked at the size of your sig about what a player said about a coach????Seems like you care quite a bit about what athletes have to say.:beer:

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Orton didn't get the shaft. Bronco fans got the shaft because we had to watch that slug play QB for almost 2 full seasons. That is punishment right there.

It's not his fault he was brought here to start. he did what he could. You guys are acting like he murdered someone.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Have you looked at the size of your sig about what a player said about a coach????Seems like you care quite a bit about what athletes have to say.:beer:

There is a difference between the athletes and the coaches. look it up. :welcome:

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:43 PM

Ok then, what does your sig have to do with feats on the field? Seems to be pertaining to a comment to me.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
And now this thread has turned into a big pissing match. I feel partly responsible
for this, for which I apologize.

I would suggest we return to the topic, but what more can be said about a
one-liner remark? Perhaps it should end about right here?

Just a suggestion . . .

-----

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 03:45 PM
There is a difference between the athletes and the coaches. look it up. :welcome:

Now you are just being difficult. In fact a case could be made that it would be worse for a player to comment on a coach (his superior) than another player (his equal).

The bottom line is your stance on this issue with your current sig is all too hypocritical.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Ok then, what does your sig have to do with feats on the field? Seems to be pertaining to a comment to me.

coaches are fair game. Especially coaches you used to hump that ruined our team.

Dzone
12-31-2010, 03:47 PM

Ok, if you say so...:rolleyes:

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Now you are just being difficult. In fact a case could be made that it would be worse for a player to comment on a coach (his superior) than another player (his equal).

The bottom line is your stance on this issue with your current sig is all too hypocritical.

McDaniels is hardly superior. Fair enough though, if I am a hypocrite, it still has nothing to do with the fact that you guys are making way too big a deal about Orton's non-comment. If you want to get back to the topic that is....;)

BroncoWave
coaches are fair game. Especially coaches you used to hump that ruined our team.

So a coach is fair game but a player is not? Wow, ok. Too much for you just to admit you're being a giant hypocrite in this thread.

atwater27
Ok, if you say so...:rolleyes:

I just did.:coffee:

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:50 PM
McDaniels is hardly superior. Fair enough though, if I am a hypocrite, it still has nothing to do with the fact that you guys are making way too big a deal about Orton's non-comment. If you want to get back to the topic that is....;)

A player's head coach is his superior. You could have the shittiest boss in the world be he is still your superior.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:51 PM
So a coach is fair game but a player is not? Wow, ok. Too much for you just to admit you're being a giant hypocrite in this thread.

Okay. I am the hypocrite of the thread.

Now that that is settled, let's talk some more about Orton's non-comment and the shockwaves it will send shuddering through the sports world!

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:52 PM
A player's head coach is his superior. You could have the shittiest boss in the world be he is still your superior.

Thanks for that. In other news...

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 03:53 PM
And now this thread has turned into a big pissing match. I feel partly responsible
for this, for which I apologize.

I would suggest we return to the topic, but what more can be said about a
one-liner remark? Perhaps it should end about right here?

Just a suggestion . . .

-----

Back to the topic.

I have a feeling that Orton will be trouble if he is kept as a backup. I think he has friends on the team whom he talks to and there would be some dissension in the ranks. I obviously do not know this for fact, just a feeling I get.

I personally do not like Orton's attitude one single bit. I never liked the way he gave post game interviews. I hate the way he hangs his head and IMHO looks mopey on the field.

He's just not my cup of tea I guess.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Okay. I am the hypocrite of the thread.

Now that that is settled, let's talk some more about Orton's non-comment and the shockwaves it will send shuddering through the sports world!

You're right, we shouldn't discuss anything unless it is important in your eyes. Glad we have that cleared up! :lol:

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Back to the topic.

I have a feeling that Orton will be trouble if he is kept as a backup. I think he has friends on the team whom he talks to and there would be some dissension in the ranks. I obviously do not know this for fact, just a feeling I get.

I personally do not like Orton's attitude one single bit. I never liked the way he gave post game interviews. I hate the way he hangs his head and IMHO looks mopey on the field.

People said the same thing about Cutler. Hell, people said similar things about Elway, quite a bit I might add, and Griese and Plummer! Good thing they are paid to throw the football and not for their looks, speech patterns or back posture.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm enjoying this, please continue.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 03:58 PM
You're right, we shouldn't discuss anything unless it is important in your eyes. Glad we have that cleared up! :lol:

You know, it's really entertaining to see the bandriders slobber over players and coaches until the moment they are either off the team or obviously on the way out; where they hurry up and jump into their lynching outfits, grab a pitchfork and a torch, and lead the charge against the very same guys.

It's entertaining, but at the same time pitiful and childish.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 04:00 PM

Its obvious why you would insist that Orton's comment is "non issue."

Afterall you think Orton got the shaft. You have a pure dislike for McDaniels, which I get, but you fail to connect the dot that Orton is here because of McDaniels. Orton would still be playing, and losing, if McDaniels was still here.

Furthermore, please tell me how a player telling a bold face lie is a non issue and above reproach? Please answer that.

Timmy!
12-31-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.gaj-it.com/wp-content/uploads/nuke.jpg

topscribe
12-31-2010, 04:02 PM
I think everyone is making it something it is not, or at least more than it is . . .

-----

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 04:03 PM

Only partly? :confused:

:lol: Its all good fun top. Youre still in my top 10. :salute:

atwater27
12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Its obvious why you would insist that Orton's comment is "non issue."

Afterall you think Orton got the shaft. You have a pure dislike for McDaniels, which I get, but you fail to connect the dot that Orton is here because of McDaniels. Now how would I have failed to connect that dot? Enlighten me. Just because McD brought him in here doesn't mean I revile Orton. I can differentiate. Can you?Orton would still be playing, and losing, if McDaniels was still here. And how would it be any fault of Kyle's?

Furthermore, please tell me how a player telling a bold face lie is a non issue and above reproach? Please answer that.A bold faced lie? Beyond reproach? I'm sorry is this the gridiron or the people's court?

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 04:06 PM
A bold faced lie? Beyond reproach? I'm sorry is this the gridiron or the people's court?

Unless he has forgotten every single quote he has ever made about another player then yes, it is a bold faced lie.

Dzone
12-31-2010, 04:10 PM
at the same time pitiful and childish.
Uh, HELLO!:confused:

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 04:12 PM
A bold faced lie? Beyond reproach? I'm sorry is this the gridiron or the people's court?

ROFLMAO.

You are obviously here to troll today.

How come you wont explain how Orton "got the shaft?"

:lol:

chazoe60
People said the same thing about Cutler. Hell, people said similar things about Elway, quite a bit I might add, and Griese and Plummer! Good thing they are paid to throw the football and not for their looks, speech patterns or back posture.

QBs should also get paid to lead, and Orton is a shit leader.

topscribe
Only partly? :confused:

:lol: Its all good fun top. Youre still in my top 10. :salute:
-
Top Ten? Top Ten??

You think I'm supposed to feel good about Top Ten? Do you think the Broncos
would feel good about only being in the Top Ten?

Oh wait . . .

-----

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 04:14 PM
-
Top Ten? Top Ten??

Oh wait . . .

-----

We're way above top ten...in the draft.

Clipworthy
12-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Alteast orton shows some sort of emotion for once :aetsch:

topscribe
12-31-2010, 04:21 PM
We're way above top ten...in the draft.

And we still couldn't be #1 even there . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 04:27 PM
-
Top Ten? Top Ten??

Oh wait . . .

-----

SOmetimes top 5, top! I normally make other's top 10 lists but its for a whole different reason :tsk:

:D

Juriga72
12-31-2010, 04:30 PM
And we still couldn't be #1 even there . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

Yes... Kyle could have led us to the #1 draft pick..... THATS awesome....lol

Like he leads his teams to top 10 punting... Top ten in 3 and outs......

Northman
12-31-2010, 04:31 PM
For the most part i really dont care about the comment. He does come off a little bitter but im surprised he just doesnt understand why Tebow was put in. I mean, for most of the entire world it is pretty clear that when we drafted Tebow he was going to come in and play. And when the team sucks as bad as it does right now what would be the purpose of Orton continuing to play? He performed admirably while playing but it was pointless to keep him in the lineup with a 1st round draft choice no the bench who needs experience.

Never the less, the comment isnt what is great about this thread. Its the remarks from Top that have made this thread a epic masterpiece.

Northman
12-31-2010, 04:34 PM

or

God, get a grip.

How bout, "I think he has played well for a rookie" and leave it at that? Of course on the other hand, had that been Cutler im sure you would of totally blasted him for the comment right? Funny how that works.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 04:34 PM
For the most part i really dont care about the comment. He does come off a little bitter but im surprised he just doesnt understand why Tebow was put in. I mean, for most of the entire world it is pretty clear that when we drafted Tebow he was going to come in and play. And when the team sucks as bad as it does right now what would be the purpose of Orton continuing to play? He performed admirably while playing but it was pointless to keep him in the lineup with a 1st round draft choice no the bench who needs experience.

Never the less, the comment isnt what is great about this thread. Its the remarks from Top that have made this thread a epic masterpiece.

I couldn't have hope for more hilarious remarks from Top in starting this thread! :lol:

Northman
12-31-2010, 04:35 PM
To clarify, I like Orton.

Indeed. I was surprised by your stance but yet happy because it shows your at least being objective about it.

Northman
12-31-2010, 04:38 PM

Fantastic question.

If they other employee is Dale Carter than no. I will drag him through the mud. But Tebow? Really?

Northman
12-31-2010, 04:40 PM

As if no Bronco player never took critcism for something he said. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BroncoNut
12-31-2010, 04:54 PM
whaddya expect him to say? "yeah, he's really done a great job and is a vast improvement. I am really excited for the organization" just to encourage some more questions? good to take that road imo, even if he thinks Tebow is a vast improvement.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 05:07 PM
whaddya expect him to say? "yeah, he's really done a great job and is a vast improvement. I am really excited for the organization" just to encourage some more questions? good to take that road imo, even if he thinks Tebow is a vast improvement.

It's been pretty well established in this thread what he could have said not to come off as bitter while at the same time not heaping excessive praise on Tebow.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 05:09 PM

Were I a mod and that was you, I would have sent you a "Concerning Your Post" some time ago . . .

-----

pnbronco
12-31-2010, 05:16 PM

or

God, get a grip.

Orton is human. He's also a competitive athletic. He has been so beyond professional with everything he has gone through and the gushing that started the day Tebow was drafted. It was sicking at camp all the cheers every single time the kid touched the ball and I hated the kid before I got to know him.

Orton had the best year of his career. Has done everything that was asked of him and yet even when he played well I would read "he's so boring". There was nothing he could do to please some fans.

Now he's tired, hurt and benched for a rookie. He just pretty much said no comment. I wonder how many times anyone has said to him thank you for giving all you had, I bet none or next to it.

I had to give up a project that I volunteered for because I just didn't have the time to do it right anymore. I was able to do it in 3 days and it cost about $1400. I was replaced with a paid professional, that took 8 weeks and $ 9500 not including the wages. After about hearing 1 1/2 of gushing of how great things were "now" Miss Sunshine herself got snippy. It's called being human and not hearing one thank you for all the previous hard work.

I will not throw one rock at Kyle, but if I have a chance to see him one more time I will shake his hand and thank him, but that's just me. Oh and I don't hate the kid anymore, he seems really level headed and I can never hate someone that works hard and give it his all.

GEM
12-31-2010, 05:17 PM
what a disaster this thread turned into. Let's try to discuss Orton's comments instead of discussing each other.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 05:20 PM

Personally I found the ones from BTB and atwater to be much more entertaining.

what a disaster this thread turned into. Let's try to discuss Orton's comments instead of discussing each other.

Mood killer.

GEM
12-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Personally I found the ones from BTB and atwater to be much more entertaining.

Mood killer.

Sorry, it's in the job description. :(

Juriga72
12-31-2010, 05:26 PM
So Orton is his "Career year" could not lead our team to wins, first downs, and even scoring..... And when he is replaced HE'S "not talking about other players"...

Thank god HIS teammates took this route when he was sucking it up...Of course they were watching him throw pass after pass out of reach when it counted.

spikerman
12-31-2010, 05:31 PM
I just don't see what the big deal is. Orton is a competitor so he's obviously not happy. I would hope that he wouldn't be pleased and he tried to give a generic, bland statement that many athletes do in order not to cause a controversy. In doing so, he appears to have done just that. I don't have a problem with what he said. If he's not happy, good, he shouldn't be, but he went out of his way not to insult TT or the Broncos organization imo.

And this comes from someone who is happy that Tebow is getting an opportunity.

GEM
12-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Please show me anyone who is happy about losing their job and anyone who bites the bullet and compliments the one who took the job.

It doesn't happen in real life, so don't expect it from Orton. OMG...he's human!!! :shocked:

Juriga72
12-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey.. I just checked out his 2006 season ... and it looked like he pouted like a little girl then too!!!!

2011 Bronco Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
I've never seen more excuses heaped on a more mediocre player. The dude didn't have a problem earlier in the season talking about the running game. Pretty sure I remember a couple comments about how the team needs to run the ball better, isn't that talking about other players' play?
He's going to end up being a problem if he isn't handed the starting spot and an even bigger problem if he is.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Please show me anyone who is happy about losing their job and anyone who bites the bullet and compliments the one who took the job.

It doesn't happen in real life, so don't expect it from Orton. OMG...he's human!!! :shocked:

Difference is, he's still getting paid regardless. It's not like they said: "Hey Kyle, here's your final check. You're fired."

It is different, GEM.

spikerman
12-31-2010, 05:45 PM
I've never seen more excuses heaped on a more mediocre player. The dude didn't have a problem earlier in the season talking about the running game. Pretty sure I remember a couple comments about how the team needs to run the ball better, isn't that talking about other players' play?
He's going to end up being a problem if he isn't handed the starting spot and an even bigger problem if he is.

My guess is that his attitude next year won't be a concern. He could probably garner more draft picks than most of the people on the roster. I can't envision a scenario where he isn't traded. The only hang up may be the contract extension he signed before the season.

GEM
12-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Difference is, he's still getting paid regardless. It's not like they said: "Hey Kyle, here's your final check. You're fired."

It is different, GEM.

So you're happy and complimenting the guy who took your job when you get demoted? Must be great being perfect.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Ok, I will change the mood. It's getin hot in here, take off all your clothes.

Happy New Year to Everyone!! May the year coming bring more than last year.

God Speed. Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 05:51 PM
So you're happy and complimenting the guy who took your job when you get demoted? Must be great being perfect.

Last comment not necessary.

I've been "better-upped" before, and am certainly not perfect. I'm very good at what I do, and try to be the best. When I meet someone who preforms better than me, I try to learn from them so I can be even better.

There would have been zero harm to him or his reputation had he just said "he's preformed well." Like I said, I understand where he's coming from, just don't care for his choice of words.

BroncoWave

No one said he had to be happy about it, but when he makes a comment that comes off as bitter, it does warrant criticism IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)

DAMN GIRL - Please stop throwing common sense into this

topscribe
12-31-2010, 05:53 PM

Oh, it's had its ups and downs . . . :whistle:

-----

GEM
12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
So he has some emotion, he has some anger, he's human. Could he have said something better? Sure....but again, he's human, not some politically correct robot here to please the fans. Criticize all ya want, but I would bet half of us would say worse.

GEM
12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Last comment not necessary.

I've been "better-upped" before, and am certainly not perfect. I'm very good at what I do, and try to be the best. When I meet someone who preforms better than me, I try to learn from them so I can be even better.

There would have been zero harm to him or his reputation had he just said "he's preformed well." Like I said, I understand where he's coming from, just don't care for his choice of words.

Joe, I apologize. I didn't mean that to come off like it did or directed at you. Just in general, just the idea that everyone expects him to act a certain way, say a certain thing, he's angry. I don't blame him for being so.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
So he has some emotion, he has some anger, he's human. Could he have said something better? Sure....but again, he's human, not some politically correct robot here to please the fans. Criticize all ya want, but I would bet half of us would say worse.

For $8 million a year? I'd wash his jock strap. :)

GEM
12-31-2010, 05:58 PM

That could be messy. :ewww:

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 06:01 PM

Jags would do that for free! :D

WARHORSE
12-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Well its easy to see Kyles feelings are hurt.

Hes having a hard time seeing past his own hard work that he put in to play well for the organization.

Probably what hurts more than anything is his teamates support of Tebow, which should be the same support hes giving as well.

Wonder what he would have thought of Tebow retorting to how well Kyle had played, "I dont comment on other players play".

Its understandable that his feelings are hurt, and anyone can make an offhand comment that they will want back as soon as it leaves theyre mouth.....but it doesnt excuse it.

Will Kyle make the connection that all of his teamates are hearing this?

Will he understand that he needs to apologize for that?

To not understand that, would tell the team Kyle is out for Kyle when the chips are on the ground.

He should say, "I spoke the other day hastily regarding Tims play. My competitiveness to play has me stewing because I want to battle with my teamates. But the team is bigger than me, and I'll do whatever the team asks me to do to win. Tim has played well, and that has no bearing on my own heart or play, so I could have, and should have been more supportive of Tim. I need to remind myself sometimes of the picture beyond my mirror."

Kyle is hurt. No problem. He said something he probably wants back. No problem.

Just address it and move on, and there will be.......no problem.:coffee:

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 06:08 PM
So, this thread probably won't make the 30 page prediction I made earlier. Let me just say this:

In other threads, it's been discussed - and agreed upon - that you should have "better" people below you. Same applies here. Orton could have taken credit and the high road with that question. He chose to make a comment that we all know is not the truth.

That's where I have a problem, and why he's coming off as a whiny little baby.

WARHORSE
12-31-2010, 06:09 PM

Yeah, but will you give it the Dhani Jones sniff test?:shocked:

:D

BroncoStud
The anonymous fansite folks love to microinspect every quote and action from every player. They seem to forget we are all human, and for some reason think that our players are supposed to be these superhero moviestars that say all the right things, don't let anything get to them, and , oh, I don't know, don't get pissed off when they are benched after a decent season passing the ball for a rookie.

Think of what Orton went throught this season... Knowing he was the starter with a coach who was going to make him a star, then seeing Quinn and Tebow join the team, then he blows up and starts having a career season, becomes a fan favorite..(you fickle ****s) then his coach gets canned, his confidence takes a hit, his play sputters, and he gets benched for a rookie.

He deserves to be pissed. His future here is done, and not much through his own fault. It's been a rollercoaster season for him. I was skeptical at first of him, but he grew on me. In no way do I think he is the future of the franchise, nor do I want him to be. I want him to get a shot to start for another team. But I appreciate what he did for Denver this season, and don't think he deserves to be treated the way he is by the team and the fans.

That said, bring on the Tebow era!

He was never a fan favorite for this fan... And if it isn't Kyle's fault that he sputters when it matter most, whose fault is it? Maybe Kyle should be working harder in the offseason, putting on some muscle, working on his speed, strengthening his arm...

These are ALL things Bill Belichek told Tom Brady he would have to do after his rookie season if he wanted to stick around in the NFL, and he did.

If Kyle isn't good enough he has no one to blame but himself for not working his ass off to get better. Even Josh McDaniels was going to trade him for his offseason ethic and failure to throw with the WRs on the roster.

Kyle just sounds bitter to me, defend it any way you like but when it mattered the most Kyle sucked. He never had the right to come here and start when we had Jay Cutler on the roster in the first place. Orton was just a stopgap until McDaniels found someone good. He should feel blessed to have had this opportunity with the Broncos. Once #7 showed everyone in the franchise how to play the position with dignity, skill, and amazing will power, any QB that comes after him should do the same or they are not worthy of this position.

Kyle will demand a trade, he will either get one or he will be cut. You cannot keep him on this roster.

TXBRONC

or

God, get a grip.

He's human like the rest of us I'm sure he's disappointed, frustrated, and even angry and it seeped out. However, BDB he could said he did well and left it at that. He didn't and showed he was human end of story.

WARHORSE
12-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Well its easy to see Kyles feelings are hurt.

Hes having a hard time seeing past his own hard work that he put in to play well for the organization.

Probably what hurts more than anything is his teamates support of Tebow, which should be the same support hes giving as well.

Wonder what he would have thought of Tebow retorting to how well Kyle had played, "I dont comment on other players play".

Its understandable that his feelings are hurt, and anyone can make an offhand comment that they will want back as soon as it leaves theyre mouth.....but it doesnt excuse it.

Will Kyle make the connection that all of his teamates are hearing this?

Will he understand that he needs to apologize for that?

To not understand that, would tell the team Kyle is out for Kyle when the chips are on the ground.

He should say, "I spoke the other day hastily regarding Tims play. My competitiveness to play has me stewing because I want to battle with my teamates. But the team is bigger than me, and I'll do whatever the team asks me to do to win. Tim has played well, and that has no bearing on my own heart or play, so I could have, and should have been more supportive of Tim. I need to remind myself sometimes of the picture beyond my mirror."

Kyle is hurt. No problem. He said something he probably wants back. No problem.

Just address it and move on, and there will be.......no problem.:coffee:

Thats true War. Good one.
You should quote yourself.:coffee:

Why be a hater on your teamate Tim? He has enough haters on his tail as it is. Dont you know your teamates are listening?

Did someone say...."Bite the bullet?"

Now would be a good time.

Mike
12-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Orton who?

topscribe
12-31-2010, 06:15 PM
It was an awkward answer to a loaded question. It was a one-liner off the
top. It was not a well thought out, prepared speech.

And now we're going to pretend that Orton's teammates view it through our
eyes? Wow. I'm sure they appreciate our telling them how to think. And I'm
sure Kyle appreciates our telling him how to respond.

They should have more respect than that for us . . . :tsk:

-----

Benetto
12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
When an employee loses his or her job on the count of their lack of ability to produce, they should not choose the route of words Orton has taken.

The guy is obviously bitter and acting like a punk kid...

I thought this guy was supposed to be a "pro" and "not a crybaby"....Well true colors are shown in the face of adversity.

Later Orton, Let the door hit you on the way out.

Northman
12-31-2010, 06:23 PM

So wait, people said he could of used better words and you agree yet your still bitching about their bitching? Priceless.

Benetto
12-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Maybe he's just super bitter because he knows he'll never get a starting job somewhere ever again, unless its a HC as stupid as McDumbass to start him..

BroncoBJ
12-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Man, this is so horrible.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 06:27 PM
So wait, people said he could of used better words and you agree yet your still bitching about their bitching? Priceless.

I think (and she can correct me if I'm wrong) that she is alluding to the
forming of opinions about Kyle as a person because of an off-the-cuff remark
that he made to a loaded question. He didn't say it over and over, like what
is being said about him here.

It's happened to me before: I've said something off-the-cuff, then stopped
and thought, "Wait a minute, it wasn't quite like that." But what was said was
said. I don't think I'm the worse for it . . .

-----

MileHiWildcat
12-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Awww, it's okay Kyle. You can get a starring gig as Neckbeard in the 5th Pirates of the Carribean movie.

Northman
12-31-2010, 06:38 PM
I think (and she can correct me if I'm wrong) that she is alluding to the
forming of opinions about Kyle as a person because of an off-the-cuff remark
that he made to a loaded question. He didn't say it over and over, like what
is being said about him here.

It's happened to me before: I've said something off-the-cuff, then stopped
and thought, "Wait a minute, it wasn't quite like that." But what was said was
said. I don't think I'm the worse for it . . .

-----

Ive seen maybe 2 people in this thread who try and bash his character for the comments. But the minute i start to read those post i skim over them because they are nonsense. However, a majority of whats being said in this thread is only about the comments and how it could of been said better. Im still waiting for the day when a member on this board can have a disparaging remark about a player or coach without being crucified for having that opinion. Rather than just keep it on the subject matter it all of sudden becomes about "Geez, why do you all think your perfect" and stupid bullshit like that. Frankly, i dont give a **** if Orton is perfect or not. He is a Bronco, this is a Bronco messageboard and his comment is the topic of this thread. All of those things means he's free game and it should be about him and not what people think of him who are speaking their peace on here.

PAINTERDAVE
12-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Back to the topic.

I agree.. I think Orton is becoming very malcontented.
I put this pic in my avatar...
because it reminds me of the Orton situation.

And it makes me laugh.

Ravage!!!
12-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Orton will NOT be kept as a back-up!! :lol: He was never goingto be kept as a back-up to Tebow.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Ive seen maybe 2 people in this thread who try and bash his character for the comments. But the minute i start to read those post i skim over them because they are nonsense. However, a majority of whats being said in this thread is only about the comments and how it could of been said better. Im still waiting for the day when a member on this board can have a disparaging remark about a player or coach without being crucified for having that opinion. Rather than just keep it on the subject matter it all of sudden becomes about "Geez, why do you all think your perfect" and stupid bullshit like that. Frankly, i dont give a **** if Orton is perfect or not. He is a Bronco, this is a Bronco messageboard and his comment is the topic of this thread. All of those things means he's free game and it should be about him and not what people think of him who are speaking their peace on here.

So you're saying whether a poster has a right to express an opinion
depends on what that opinion is . . . am I correct?

-----

TXBRONC
12-31-2010, 06:56 PM

-----

While you wont see this unless someone else quotes my post I'm going say it anywhere. No you're not correct. To get that out what North said is a stretch.

WARHORSE
12-31-2010, 07:01 PM
It was an awkward answer to a loaded question. It was a one-liner off the
top. It was not a well thought out, prepared speech.

And now we're going to pretend that Orton's teammates view it through our
eyes? Wow. I'm sure they appreciate our telling them how to think. And I'm
sure Kyle appreciates our telling him how to respond.

They should have more respect than that for us . . . :tsk:

-----

A loaded question?

Lots of people give 'one liners off the top' that dont draw unwanted attention to situations that have the potential to become more than they should.

See: "Michael Vick should be executed"..........."I never inhaled".........."I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman" (a Bill Clinton twofer)....

«Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.»

- Mariah Carey, pop singer

«I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them.»- George Bush

«I'm so smart now. Everyone's always like 'take your top off'. Sorry, NO! They always want to get that money shot. I'm not stupid.»
- Paris Hilton

«I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada.»
- Britney Spears, on Blender Magazine (April 2004)

«Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.»
- Brooke Shields

«If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.»

- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

Careless remarks bring attention.

Who wants.....unwanted....attention.?:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2010, 07:03 PM
After thinking about this - IMO - this was an absolute STUPID thing for whoever ask Kyle that question in the first place - how often is a player - WHO DID NOT EVEN PLAY IN THE GAME - even approached by someone, and moreso, ask a question?????

WARHORSE
12-31-2010, 07:04 PM

Said the hypocrite among the hypocrites.;)

What a motley crew we are.:D

rcsodak
12-31-2010, 07:18 PM
"Talked to Orton in the locker room. He declined to talk about Tebow's 2 starts. "I don't comment on other guys' play," Orton said."

www.twitter.com/postbroncos

At least try to hide your bitterness Kyle.

Don't comment on other guys' play? Yeah, I'm sure you've never commented on Lloyd's amazing play this year that helped you keep your job as long as you did.

Anti Orton Bias' run amok, eh?

Pretty sure he was referring to the QB position. He's always been a team player, and has opined of Tebow's play in the past.

Carry on... :coffee:

PS. I remember years ago when Broncos fans were TEAM fans, and not 'this guy vs that guy' mamsy pamsys. Hell, it wasn't that long when most here were bragging about how Orton was leading the league and headed to the Pro Bowl.

Pathetic-ness is growing at subsonic speeds around here.

PAINTERDAVE
12-31-2010, 07:29 PM
RC... I am supporting the TEAM... and I really like the new starting QB.

Orton gave us his all...
his time has passed, though, and ... well...
he just doesn't seem to be handling the transition well.

Which is not a good thing for his own self.

Being cheerful and at least putting up a good front would serve him better...
and help him with his next team.

He's being paid a king's ransom... no reason to keep being mopey.
He'll be traded to a team that is desperate for what he's got...
with a better defense, a running game..
all the things he needs to be succesful.

There just is no reason for him to act like the spurned ex-girlfriend in my avatar.

rcsodak
12-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Who has said that Orton has to go all out and praise Tebow? All anyone is saying is that he could have said something a little less bitter sounding.

You have no idea of how the question was worded.

That's the problem with the electronic age and not seeing how people behave when they type. In fact, that's why there are so many fights on forums. You can't portray your 'feeling' in your typing.

Orton has been full of class his entire career. Even during the Grossman years in Chi. I find it hard to believe he's all of a sudden becoming as some of you opine.

But since when did intelligence come into play around here. :coffee:

honz
12-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it was a stupid thing to say, but of course he is not happy and this is the first time he has ever said anything like this. Personally, I'm gonna give him a pass. I know I've said a lot of stupid shit when I'm not really sure what to say in response to someone, I'm sure all of us have. No need to rip on a good guy that worked his butt off for this team, even if he isn't as good as we wish he was.

rcsodak
12-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Being a professional that has been in a similar situation, yes - to a degree. "Praise" is probably not the word I'd use, but I'd certainly pick that persons brain A LOT to improve my own performance and acknowledge their performance.

So Orton, a vet, should "pick the brain" of Tebow, the rook?

:laugh:

Quit already.....

honz
12-31-2010, 07:32 PM
RC... I am supporting the TEAM... and I really like the new starting QB.

Orton gave us his all...
his time has passed, though, and ... well...
he just doesn't seem to be handling the transition well.

Which is not a good thing for his own self.

Being cheerful and at least putting up a good front would serve him better...
and help him with his next team.

He's being paid a king's ransom... no reason to keep being mopey.
He'll be traded to a team that is desperate for what he's got...
with a better defense, a running game..
all the things he needs to be succesful.

There just is no reason for him to act like the spurned ex-girlfriend in my avatar.
No reason to be mopey? Ever occur to you that he loves the game of football and is incredibly disappointed that he blew his shot with the Broncos and was a big part of his coach getting fired? Give the guy a break, he's human and I'm sure he's not in a great place mentally right now.

zbeg
12-31-2010, 07:32 PM
This overanalysis is driving me crazy.

There's a clip of Tebow after the interception in Houston for TWO SECONDS where Brandon Lloyd's head is down, and Tebow says, "My bad, B!"

Result:

"Brandon Lloyd is a punk!"

Kyle Orton has a one line non-comment to what appears to be a stupid question, and all of a sudden it's, "Orton isn't a team player! What a douchebag! I bet his teammates hate him! He eats babies!"

What the heck, people?

Maybe Orton does eat babies, but we aren't going to know that based on one non-comment. It seems like people have decided they don't like Orton, and now are looking for any little thing that fits in with their view of Kyle Orton: douchebag.

Here, let's try this with Tim Tebow. Tim Tebow: douchebag. Ridiculous? Let's go to the audio of the Houston game again:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81d4ddd8/Sound-FX-Take-a-Te-bow

Look at 2:11 when Studesville is trying to tell Tim Tebow something, and Tebow interrupts his coach not once, but twice. The second with a very disrespectful "I got you."

Who does Tim Tebow think he is? Punk rookie, this isn't Florida anymore! You aren't the BMOC. This is the ENN. EFF. ELL. Nobody cares what you did in college. You think you're so hot with your jersey sales and your fraternizing with the enemy before the game (don't think I didn't notice), and now you can't even respect your own head coach long enough to let him finish his sentences?

You know who else doesn't let people finish their sentences? Baby eaters, that's who.

Tim Tebow is a terrible human being.

Now obviously none of that is true, but if you have it in your head that Tebow's a bad person, you can latch on to ANYTHING. Lloyd is a punk! Orton's not a team player! Tim Tebow is a disrespectful arrogant rookie!

Sometimes a one-line throwaway quote is just that: a one-line throwaway quote.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
For not even playing in the game, he had to be totally shocked when he was even approached and was ask the question.

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 07:46 PM
For not even playing in the game, he had to be totally shocked when he was even approached and was ask the question.

Please. That is a completely fair question to ask. He is very naive he was completely shocked to be asked that question.

nevcraw
12-31-2010, 07:47 PM
LOL -- 11 pages of general hospital.

and we still have one more game..

what's next?-- "Greek is such an ahole for calling out underling for making a tape ball in spare time!!"

zbeg
12-31-2010, 07:51 PM

what's next?-- "Greek is such an ahole for calling out underling for making a tape ball in spare time!!"

Hey, yeah! How come we're not discussing underling-tape-ball-gate?

BroncoWave
12-31-2010, 07:52 PM

You're right, we should get back to discussing whether or not the Broncos should tank this week's game instead!

nevcraw
12-31-2010, 08:01 PM
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

--- Jack Handey

EMB6903
12-31-2010, 08:46 PM
This overanalysis is driving me crazy.

There's a clip of Tebow after the interception in Houston for TWO SECONDS where Brandon Lloyd's head is down, and Tebow says, "My bad, B!"

Result:

"Brandon Lloyd is a punk!"

Kyle Orton has a one line non-comment to what appears to be a stupid question, and all of a sudden it's, "Orton isn't a team player! What a douchebag! I bet his teammates hate him! He eats babies!"

What the heck, people?

Maybe Orton does eat babies, but we aren't going to know that based on one non-comment. It seems like people have decided they don't like Orton, and now are looking for any little thing that fits in with their view of Kyle Orton: douchebag.

Here, let's try this with Tim Tebow. Tim Tebow: douchebag. Ridiculous? Let's go to the audio of the Houston game again:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81d4ddd8/Sound-FX-Take-a-Te-bow

Look at 2:11 when Studesville is trying to tell Tim Tebow something, and Tebow interrupts his coach not once, but twice. The second with a very disrespectful "I got you."

Who does Tim Tebow think he is? Punk rookie, this isn't Florida anymore! You aren't the BMOC. This is the ENN. EFF. ELL. Nobody cares what you did in college. You think you're so hot with your jersey sales and your fraternizing with the enemy before the game (don't think I didn't notice), and now you can't even respect your own head coach long enough to let him finish his sentences?

You know who else doesn't let people finish their sentences? Baby eaters, that's who.

Tim Tebow is a terrible human being.

Now obviously none of that is true, but if you have it in your head that Tebow's a bad person, you can latch on to ANYTHING. Lloyd is a punk! Orton's not a team player! Tim Tebow is a disrespectful arrogant rookie!

Sometimes a one-line throwaway quote is just that: a one-line throwaway quote.

Its obviously effecting you more than it is anybody else seeing as you have repeated my comment about Brandon Lloyd on several accasions (writing paragraphs about it in the process) It was one post dude, chill.

Im not backing off what I said about Lloyd... Tebow made a mistake tried to come up and say my bad and Lloyd completely blew him off regardless of if it was just 2 seconds or not.. But hey.. hes a reciever so its not surprising.

back to Orton... How classy that was.. Veteran move on Ortons part.

lol @ anybody trying to defend that response.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm telling you, those players should consult this board to find out how to act . . . :nod:

-----

nevcraw
12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Its obviously effecting you more than it is anybody else seeing as you have repeated my comment about Brandon Lloyd on several accasions (writing paragraphs about it in the process) It was one post dude, chill.

Im not backing off what I said about Lloyd... Tebow made a mistake tried to come up and say my bad and Lloyd completely blew him off regardless of if it was just 2 seconds or not.. But hey.. hes a reciever so its not surprising.

back to Orton... How classy that was.. Veteran move on Ortons part.

lol @ anybody trying to defend that response.

lol at anybody so hell bent on silly nit picking.. it must be so cozy knowing you have hindsight moral superiority over a couple of football players who just can't seem to live up to your unwritten code.

Juriga72
12-31-2010, 09:08 PM

-----

No...
Orton has already shown he IS a malcontent, when in 2006 he showed up fat and drunk at TC and didnt play the whole year...

OF course his team THEN went to the Super Bowl because he didnt play one snap that year.......

Denver Bronco Super Bowl 2011!!!!!! Neckbeard benchwarmer.........

zbeg
12-31-2010, 09:12 PM
DELETED

I was really pleased to find this board. I spent over a decade on the unmoderated USENET, and the other boards either seemed to have a bad signal/noise ratio, or were way overmoderated. Granted, going from completely unmoderated to overmoderated is going to be a bigger shock than most, but I've been spending the last few years just kind of chilling out, unable to find a good Broncos board/forum/anything.

So I'm really really happy about this one. The mods seem to do a good job, and from what I can tell so far, it looks to have a pretty decent mix of people, opinions, intelligent responses, lively discussion, and so on. Nobody in Seattle cares about the Broncos, so I've just been pent up with no real outlet for my desire to talk Broncos football 24/7.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 09:15 PM
No...
Orton has already shown he IS a malcontent, when in 2006 he showed up fat and drunk at TC and didnt play the whole year...

OF course his team THEN went to the Super Bowl because he didnt play one snap that year.......

Denver Bronco Super Bowl 2011!!!!!! Neckbeard benchwarmer.........

Wow, did Orton beat up your sister or something?

You really hate him, don't you? http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thhuh.gif

I think we have finally found someone who can outdo Jags . . .

-----

pnbronco
12-31-2010, 09:17 PM

I know Greek needs every bit of tape he can get his hands on to get the players back on the field or something falling off....:shocked:

(craw who is your source?????)

atwater27
12-31-2010, 09:38 PM

That thar is some funny shit.

atwater27
12-31-2010, 09:43 PM
After thinking about this - IMO - this was an absolute STUPID thing for whoever ask Kyle that question in the first place - how often is a player - WHO DID NOT EVEN PLAY IN THE GAME - even approached by someone, and moreso, ask a question?????

I can't stand reporters. Especially when they ask retarded questions like "How did it feel to lose the game?"

" How do you think it feels you stupid bitch?! Screw off!"

BeefStew25
12-31-2010, 09:46 PM

Don't talk to Carol like that.

Dzone
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
i can't stand reporters. Especially when they ask retarded questions like "how did it feel to lose the game?"

" how do you think it feels you stupid bitch?! Screw off!"

serenity now!

BroncoBJ
12-31-2010, 10:26 PM
I can't stand reporters. Especially when they ask retarded questions like "How did it feel to lose the game?"

:lol: Yea, reporters always ask stupid questions. At least Jay spoke his mind. I still remember when he was asked how tough our 31-10 home loss to Oakland was. He said " Its not that big of deal because San Diego lost also" .. And he was serious. :fight:

But yea, usually when players get benched, they get interviewed. Obviously Kyle is upset. They should just let him Grieve in peace.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Jags would do that for free! :D

Jags would pay $8 million a year to do it.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 11:04 PM
My question is what was he suppose to say when asked something that seems ignorant to be asking in the first place?

"Yep, that kid has a certain something about him, the fans are ready to throw beer cans at my ass, but if he asked they'd convert to Christianity and run barefoot through the city to get him a milkshake!"

or

"Yeah, he's better then me...so what, I had a good quarterback ranking, I made Lloyd a pro-bowl receiver. It was me McDaniels chose to lead this team, not a two-bit first rounder that seems to have the support of the fans...I hate that Tebow *******!"

Benetto
12-31-2010, 11:11 PM
I remember years ago when Broncos fans were TEAM fans

Team fans huh...That's hilarious. I guess "team fans" either don't have opinions, or are too scared of douche bags chastising them on the internet for expressing their opinions or hard feelings toward certain players.

Either way...Some funny stuff...Now, Carry on.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 11:18 PM
My question is what was he suppose to say when asked something that seems ignorant to be asking in the first place?

"Yep, that kid has a certain something about him, the fans are ready to throw beer cans at my ass, but if he asked they'd convert to Christianity and run barefoot through the city to get him a milkshake!"

or

"Yeah, he's better then me...so what, I had a good quarterback ranking, I made Lloyd a pro-bowl receiver. It was me McDaniels chose to lead this team, not a two-bit first rounder that seems to have the support of the fans...I hate that Tebow *******!"

Thank you . . . lol.

Kyle was on the spot. It was a loaded question. He is not a politician: He
generally says what is on his mind. Period. So whatever he said could likely
be held against him. So he had a choice: He could say "no comment." Can
you imagine how THAT would come back on him? Or he could try to think of
something really quick to say essentially the same thing. So he made an
awkward response. And it was awkward . . . odd, as BroncoJoe put it.

But I maintain what I said at the beginning of the thread: A one-liner remark
is not usually conducive to interpretation. That is, to make anything more
of it is to read meaning into it because there is little that can be taken
from it.

So, after all this haggling and arguing, we are back at Start. We still do not
know what he meant by what he said because he did not say enough to
determine what he meant.

Bottom line. :coffee:

-----

GEM
12-31-2010, 11:23 PM
You're right, we should get back to discussing whether or not the Broncos should tank this week's game instead!

Well, that is more instrumental to the future of the Broncos organization. Moreso than a one line comment that Orton, who probably won't even be a Bronco past this season.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 11:25 PM
There's a happy medium between ejaculating over Tebow and calling him the devil. Orton could have simply said his honest opinion.

GEM
12-31-2010, 11:30 PM
That thar is some funny shit.

Actually it was rude on my part and came across much ruder than my intention. :(

zbeg
12-31-2010, 11:32 PM
There's a happy medium between ejaculating over Tebow and calling him the devil. Orton could have simply said his honest opinion.

Pretty sure Orton found a home in that happy medium by saying essentially nothing.

BroncoNut
12-31-2010, 11:38 PM

BUT

He lied by basically saying no comment? :confused: Seriously, am I missing something? I read the link, or thought I did.

T.K.O.
12-31-2010, 11:44 PM
HEY !...kyle is a good dude who has spent his career fighting for a starting spot.
if he is'nt thrilled by the fact that the rest of the team blew chunks while he battled his ass off....good for him !
he did well with what the broncos offered as a team...
bad timing for him and now he's done
thanks kyle and good luck:salute:

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 12:14 AM

I don't see anything stupid about asking Orton his opinion on how Tebow did.

spikerman
01-01-2011, 12:22 AM
VERY rarely will a public figure like a professional athlete give their honest opinions. That's why they always talk in platitudes like "We've got to take it one game at a time" or "We don't care who we play" or "We've got the talent, we just have to tighten things up". For good reason, they try, at all costs, to avoid controversy. I truly believe that's what Orton was doing here. Of course he has an opinion, but I'm sure he thought he could brush it off with a harmless statement. I'm shocked that his comment has blown up on this board like it has. (ok, not really).

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 12:31 AM
VERY rarely will a public figure like a professional athlete give their honest opinions. That's why they always talk in platitudes like "We've got to take it one game at a time" or "We don't care who we play" or "We've got the talent, we just have to tighten things up". For good reason, they try, at all costs, to avoid controversy. I truly believe that's what Orton was doing here. Of course he has an opinion, but I'm sure he thought he could brush it off with a harmless statement. I'm shocked that his comment has blown up on this board like it has. (ok, not really).

But he didn't take that approach when he was the starter and why some people are calling him on the carpet about it. His frustration seeped out and I understand that given the circumstances. Like you I don't think it's a big deal.

BroncoNut
01-01-2011, 12:32 AM

still kinda fun though Spike. well said

spikerman
01-01-2011, 12:34 AM
still kinda fun though Spike. well said

Thanks, and you're right - it is kind of fun. :beer:

topscribe
01-01-2011, 01:00 AM
I see you there, Chaz, in this thread, just waiting for me to say something. :D

-----

BroncoStud
01-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Reading Orton's quote again it seems like this whole thing got blown out of proportion. Obviously he isn't happy with the current situation. Someone asked him a question that probably was asked to evoke an emotional response from him. If that's all he said then it's no big deal, he just didn't want to play the media game.

He feels he had a good season and should be the starter. For all we know he's already talking trade options with his agent, I would be.

bigtimebronco
01-01-2011, 04:59 AM
The only thing that bothers me about kyle orton is this false sense of entitlement. He thinks he should just be handed the starting job after he put up 3600 plus yards (arguably in garbage time). All stats aside, we're 4-11. That shows that clearly he hadn't earned ****

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2011, 05:02 AM

In that same situation, Jake was very supportive and complementary of Jay. So, while I can't answer your hypothetical, in a real world example of Broncos QBs, Jake clearly handled the situation much better than Orton.

Tned-Mobile
01-01-2011, 05:25 AM

All the time. A vet WR is interviewed on serious or elsewhere and there is a pretty good bet (I've heard it a bunch) that they are going to ask him about D. Thomas. I heard a Woodyard interview a few weeks back and they were asking him about Mays or that other LB who's been playing a lot lately (it's late, drawing a blank).

The other day Hochstein was on 87.7 with Ryan Harris and whoever co-hosts with Ryan and they were asking him about Beadles.

Quite often Champ and the other vet DBs are asked about guys like Cox and other youngsters.

It's the way it works. It happens with every position. Granted, it's going to sting more if you were benched, then say Lloyd or Gaffney being asked about DT, but it's still life in the NFL. When there are hot rookies, the vets are constantly asked about them. The vast majority of those vets answer it in a classy, team-first manner.

ursamajor
01-01-2011, 07:17 AM
TBH, I think that Kyle wants a place where he can plant his Flag and build a legacy. He has been benched before, because the other guy was a first rounder, I am sure he is sick of it, but that is the way it goes. The writing was on the wall when Tim was drafted, that the team was going to actively seek making him the starter.

Look at Kyle's Purdue alum Brees. Once Rivers was drafted, Drew's days in SD were numbered. It worked out for Drew regardless, and it will work out for Kyle.

zbeg
01-01-2011, 08:14 AM
The only thing that bothers me about kyle orton is this false sense of entitlement. He thinks he should just be handed the starting job after he put up 3600 plus yards (arguably in garbage time). All stats aside, we're 4-11. That shows that clearly he hadn't earned ****

I was unaware that Kyle Orton played defense.

nflfan
01-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Orton's been taking crap ever since he came to play for Denver, and he's been nothing but humble and professional about it.

Now, people are throwing him under the bus, and even trying to minimize what he's done for the team, as they try to get rid of him.

I say, at worst, he deserves a pass, and at best, a little appreciation.

Hopefully, branding players malcontents as they leave Denver will be stop being an organizational tradition.

Dzone
01-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Seems that some think that its only in Denver that players get criticized for bad behavior. Hello! Orton has won 3 games this year. That in itself is grounds for a benching. His behavior has been very negative and selfish. His body language and facial expressions are atrocious. Orton will never be a winning quarterback. He chokes when the game is on the line.

chazoe60
01-01-2011, 10:29 AM
TBH, I think that Kyle wants a place where he can plant his Flag and build a legacy. He has been benched before, because the other guy was a first rounder, I am sure he is sick of it, but that is the way it goes. The writing was on the wall when Tim was drafted, that the team was going to actively seek making him the starter.

Look at Kyle's Purdue alum Brees. Once Rivers was drafted, Drew's days in SD were numbered. It worked out for Drew regardless, and it will work out for Kyle.

The problem for Kyle is that he's not good enough to plant his flag. Wherever he goes they will be looking to upgrade him in at least year 2. He just reeks of mediocrity and no team is going to want to build around him. The fanbase wherever he goes will be calling for his head fairly quickly as well.

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 10:32 AM

The defense is unaware that he can get a first down also. The defense seems to hold down teams yet.... how many points are scored then? Seems Kyle can ONLY win when the defense holds the other team to what....17 points?

Of course being one of the NFL leading teams who punt..... THAT would be also a defense stat right?

Punts- 7th in NFL
3rd downs- 28th in NFl

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Wow, did Orton beat up your sister or something?

You really hate him, don't you? http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thhuh.gif

I think we have finally found someone who can outdo Jags . . .

-----

Um...... I guess you forgot this happened huh.. Kyle IS getting better at getting benched... I guess you get better when it happens time after time after time.....

zbeg
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
The defense is unaware that he can get a first down also. The defense seems to hold down teams yet.... how many points are scored then? Seems Kyle can ONLY win when the defense holds the other team to what....17 points?

Of course being one of the NFL leading teams who punt..... THAT would be also a defense stat right?

Punts- 7th in NFL
3rd downs- 28th in NFl

Total yards allowed: 31st
Pass yards allowed: 25th
Rush yards allowed: 31st
Points allowed: 32nd

Yards rushing (offense): 28th
Yards passing (offense): 7th

No no, but it's Orton's fault that the team is 4-11 right now. I mean, sure, the defense gives up more points than the Panthers, Lions, Browns, or Bengals, and everyone runs and passes on them, and the Broncos can't run the football at all, but BY GOLLY IT MUST BE THE QUARTERBACKS FAULT HOW DARE HE NOT INSPIRE THE DEFENSE NOMNOM I'M EATING GLUE.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 11:29 AM

They don't want to think of such things: last-place defense, last-place
running game. They would rather keep it simple: Kyle lost all by himself.

-----

topscribe
01-01-2011, 11:36 AM
The problem for Kyle is that he's not good enough to plant his flag. Wherever he goes they will be looking to upgrade him in at least year 2. He just reeks of mediocrity and no team is going to want to build around him. The fanbase wherever he goes will be calling for his head fairly quickly as well.

The fact is, Chaz, the people in football do not view Kyle through your eyes.
They hold a much higher opinion of him than you do. I suspect that wherever
he goes, they must might have a halfway decent running game and defense -
something kyle did not enjoy here.

You see, I'm sure the league can see that when Kyle first came to the
Broncos, his record was something like 29-19, which included 17-2 at home.
(IIRC - I might be off a game or two.) The guy who came here is the same
one who left Chicago (but obviously improved), so why his .500 record here?

Must have something to do with a last-place running game and last-place
defense . . .

-----

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 11:37 AM

No no, but it's Orton's fault that the team is 4-11 right now. I mean, sure, the defense gives up more points than the Panthers, Lions, Browns, or Bengals, and everyone runs and passes on them, and the Broncos can't run the football at all, but BY GOLLY IT MUST BE THE QUARTERBACKS FAULT HOW DARE HE NOT INSPIRE THE DEFENSE NOMNOM I'M EATING GLUE.

God... get off Kyle jock man.... Ok.. you want stats... HERE'S a few for you....

"Points scored in Wins by Hall of Fame member Kyle Orton"
12- Cincy
27 Cleveland
23 Oakland
17 Dallas
20 ( OVERTIME!!!!!!!!!) New England
34- San Diego
26 Giants
44- KC

2010-
31 Seattle
26 Tennessee
49!!!! KC

If this does not describe "Offensive juggernaut"- 8 out of 11 wins scored less than 27 pts......

We get it.... "We like losing with Kyle"!!!!!
"Losing with Kyle is fun!!!!!"
"Points??? We dont need no stinkin points"
"Losers LOVE Kyle"

Juriga72
01-01-2011, 11:39 AM
The fact is, Chaz, the people in football do not view Kyle through your eyes.
They hold a much higher opinion of him than you do. I suspect that wherever
he goes, they must might have a halfway decent running game and defense -
something kyle did not enjoy here.

You see, I'm sure the league can see that when Kyle first came to the
Broncos, his record was something like 29-19, which included 17-2 at home.
(IIRC - I might be off a game or two.) The guy who came here is the same
one who left Chicago (but obviously improved), so why his .500 record here?

Must have something to do with a last-place running game and last-place
defense . . .

-----
So he was named to the Pro Bowl this year ?

Because IF "Kyle is held to a higher view"......... Oh wait no he wasnt...

Didnt the pro bowl vote happen when "Kyle was great"???

and yet he didnt make the pro bowl... Seems EVERYONE feels the same way about Kyle except ..... you

topscribe
God... get off Kyle jock man.... Ok.. you want stats... HERE'S a few for you....

"Points scored in Wins by Hall of Fame member Kyle Orton"
12- Cincy
27 Cleveland
23 Oakland
17 Dallas
20 ( OVERTIME!!!!!!!!!) New England
34- San Diego
26 Giants
44- KC

2010-
31 Seattle
26 Tennessee
49!!!! KC

If this does not describe "Offensive juggernaut"- 8 out of 11 wins scored less than 27 pts......

We get it.... "We like losing with Kyle"!!!!!
"Losing with Kyle is fun!!!!!"
"Points??? We dont need no stinkin points"
"Losers LOVE Kyle"

Hmmm . . . nope.

Still not worth a response . . . :coffee:

-----

Northman

Not really the same situation. If you have a player who hasnt played all year yea, then its a stupid question to someone who is irrelevant. However, Orton had played a majority of the year and played relatively well only to be benched so that Tebow could get some playing time. Chances are the interviewer knew this would strike a nerve with Orton and it turned out to be true. Reporters always want to get immediate or controversial responses from players.

Northman
01-01-2011, 11:42 AM
--- Jack Handey

There you have it Tned. Shut the board down, cant discuss Bronco players.

/sarcasm

Northman
01-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Team fans huh...That's hilarious. I guess "team fans" either don't have opinions, or are too scared of douche bags chastising them on the internet for expressing their opinions or hard feelings toward certain players.

Either way...Some funny stuff...Now, Carry on.

Yeeeeeeeep.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Not really the same situation. If you have a player who hasnt played all year yea, then its a stupid question to someone who is irrelevant. However, Orton had played a majority of the year and played relatively well only to be benched so that Tebow could get some playing time. Chances are the interviewer knew this would strike a nerve with Orton and it turned out to be true. Reporters always want to get immediate or controversial responses from players.

Yup, they know how to push buttons, don't they? :laugh:

Let's face it: Kyle would make a miserable politician. I think most of us can
agree that it was not a good answer; he could have made a better one. But
he didn't.

He has gotten a bit short with his answers at times, but that is just him, I
guess. Just like when he was asked what he and McDaniels talked about
after the latter was fired. He responded, "It was a private conversation."
That was it.

So this was a one-liner, off-the-cuff response. He's hurting inside, which is
understandable. He doesn't want to talk about it. He didn't have time to
think. So he said what he said.

Not a big deal. Enjoy your holiday. :beer:

-----

Northman
01-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Pretty sure Orton found a home in that happy medium by saying essentially nothing.

Thats certainly your interpretation, but not shared by everyone.

atwater27
01-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Orton's been taking crap ever since he came to play for Denver, and he's been nothing but humble and professional about it.

Now, people are throwing him under the bus, and even trying to minimize what he's done for the team, as they try to get rid of him.

I say, at worst, he deserves a pass, and at best, a little appreciation.

Hopefully, branding players malcontents as they leave Denver will be stop being an organizational tradition.

Not on this board!

Northman
01-01-2011, 11:50 AM

Your only shocked because you want to be shocked. As BroncoJoe has pointed out several times in this thread Orton has had not problem in the past speaking about players so perhaps thats why the reporter came to him AGAIN for his opinion. When he made the statement he did it raised some eyebrows.

atwater27
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM

LMAO... Pure Pwnage.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Seems that some think that its only in Denver that players get criticized for bad behavior. Hello! Orton has won 3 games this year. That in itself is grounds for a benching. His behavior has been very negative and selfish. His body language and facial expressions are atrocious. Orton will never be a winning quarterback. He chokes when the game is on the line.

Um . . . you one of them there psychics?

-----

EMB6903
01-01-2011, 11:56 AM
"waaah he lost his starting job making millions playing a childs game, what do you expect him to say, we have all said things we regret in front of national media!"

riiiiiiiight

EMB6903
01-01-2011, 11:57 AM
LMAO... Pure Pwnage.

As pathetic as this Broncos defense is thats still a misleading statistic.

Defense was on the field a ton this year because this offense couldnt stay on the field and convert 3rd down conversions.

Northman
01-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Yup, they know how to push buttons, don't they? :laugh:

Let's face it: Kyle would make a miserable politician. I think most of us can
agree that it was not a good answer; he could have made a better one. But
he didn't.

He has gotten a bit short with his answers at times, but that is just him, I
guess. Just like when he was asked what he and McDaniels talked about
after the latter was fired. He responded, "It was a private conversation."
That was it.

So this was a one-liner, off-the-cuff response. He's hurting inside, which is
understandable. He doesn't want to talk about it. He didn't have time to
think. So he said what he said.

Not a big deal. Enjoy your holiday. :beer:

-----

I dont blame Kyle for being upset. The guy has worked his ass off and been the consummate professional since he's been here. But this obviously shows that even he has a breaking point, at least to me. In the grand scheme of things i dont care about the comment because i understand why it was made. But i think for people to get so defensive in this thread about it when really most of the people only felt he should of tried to word it better is kind of ridiculous. Like i said, there is only about 2-3 people in this thread who hate Orton in every form so they will spew stupid shit to try and drag his name in the mud. But for most of us discussing this thats not the case. It could of been worse, he could of gone all Ryan Leaf and then wouldnt of that been a joy. lmao

topscribe
01-01-2011, 11:58 AM
As pathetic as this Broncos defense is thats still a misleading statistic.

Defense was on the field a ton this year because this offense couldnt stay on the field and convert 3rd down conversions.

So you don't think that might have improved with a decent running game?

-----

Dzone
01-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Um . . . you one of them there psychics?

-----
Hahaha, naw, Top, not a psychic, just a guess.Next year, he will be with his third team. Chris Chandler has the record, playing for 8 different teams. Jeff George and Steve Bono each played for 7 teams. Orton is a similar type player. Good at times, just not good enough.

topscribe
01-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I dont blame Kyle for being upset. The guy has worked his ass off and been the consummate professional since he's been here. But this obviously shows that even he has a breaking point, at least to me. In the grand scheme of things i dont care about the comment because i understand why it was made. But i think for people to get so defensive in this thread about it when really most of the people only felt he should of tried to word it better is kind of ridiculous. Like i said, there is only about 2-3 people in this thread who hate Orton in every form so they will spew stupid shit to try and drag his name in the mud. But for most of us discussing this thats not the case. It could of been worse, he could of gone all Ryan Leaf and then wouldnt of that been a joy. lmao

North, it has occurred to me that you have made an effort all through this to
maintain a balanced perspective, and I admire you for that. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

EMB6903
01-01-2011, 12:02 PM
So you don't think that might have improved with a decent running game?

-----

A running game improves everything. makes a QB and Defense look much better.

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 12:06 PM

If Orton had gone all Ryan Leaf on that reporter wouldn't that have been ominous way to ring in the New Year. :lol:

spikerman
01-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Your only shocked because you want to be shocked. As BroncoJoe has pointed out several times in this thread Orton has had not problem in the past speaking about players so perhaps thats why the reporter came to him AGAIN for his opinion. When he made the statement he did it raised some eyebrows.

I just want to point out that the "not really" part of my post was about being shocked at the reaction.

I understand it raising eyebrows, but I just don't think he said anything that was overly controversial. Let me put it this way, he could have worded it better, but he also could have said a LOT worse.

Dzone
01-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Someone on another board posted a pic of orton on the sidelines blowing a bubble. Some posters said it was a disrespectful to show Orton like that. The entire thread was taken down. Geez.

Dzone
01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
DELETED

-----
Youre right Top. This board is really great. We all may not always agree, but at least we have a forum to share opinions, comments and discussion.

Hopefully people will disagree with comments without attacking the writer of said comments.

Peace

spikerman
01-01-2011, 02:12 PM
You guys are going to get this thread closed if you don't stop talking about other boards and other mods. :shhh:

Lonestar
01-01-2011, 02:19 PM

A well reasoned post deserves a repeat of it. He did what needed to do as a pro he carried the offense as best he could.
It was unfortunate that the oline/tbs sucked for most of the year defense well .......

frauschieze
01-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Awww. Self-moderation. *wipes away a tear*

I love you guys!

powderaddict
01-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Orton is pissed and I get that.

He's also being a poor sport about it. His body language, his whole demeanor has been defeated and depressed for awhile now.

He was a decent stop gap but it's best for everyone including Kyle to move on.

jhildebrand
01-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Call mne crazy but one would think Orton would put the best foot forward now for his prospective new team. It would be yet another selling point, and they will need it, for his new team to sell him to the fanbase! :noidea:

powderaddict
01-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Call mne crazy but one would think Orton would put the best foot forward now for his prospective new team. It would be yet another selling point, and they will need it, for his new team to sell him to the fanbase! :noidea:

You would think so! He always struck me as a pretty smart person, which tells me that is is very, very bitter.

hamrob
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Orton could be starting for the Broncos next year, if:

Elway isn't sold on Tebow. 90% of the talent evaluators remain indifferent about whether Tebow can become a Franchise QB in the NFL.

What do you think Elway belileves is first and foremost for every Organization to become competetive...having a franchise QB at the helm...maybe?

So, unless Elway is amongst the 10% who believe in Tebow. Why wouldn't he do everything he could to try and trade for Luck?

If Elway believes that Luck is the 1st piece of the puzzle...the next...well, him...then, why wouldn't he go after Luck? Any team who drafts Luck will be competetive for years to come...the only disadvantage is...it will cost us alot to go get him. But, didn't we do something like this before...back in 1983?

Personally, I'm a Tebow guy...but, is Elway???

powderaddict
01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Orton could be starting for the Broncos next year, if:

Elway isn't sold on Tebow. 90% of the talent evaluators remain indifferent about whether Tebow can become a Franchise QB in the NFL.

What do you think Elway belileves is first and foremost for every Organization to become competetive...having a franchise QB at the helm...maybe?

So, unless Elway is amongst the 10% who believe in Tebow. Why wouldn't he do everything he could to try and trade for Luck?

If Elway believes that Luck is the 1st piece of the puzzle...the next...well, him...then, why wouldn't he go after Luck? Any team who drafts Luck will be competetive for years to come...the only disadvantage is...it will cost us alot to go get him. But, didn't we do something like this before...back in 1983?

Personally, I'm a Tebow guy...but, is Elway???

Just curious, where are you getting the 90/10 split from?

BroncoWave
01-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Just curious, where are you getting the 90/10 split from?

87% of stats are made up on the spot!

hamrob
01-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Just curious, where are you getting the 90/10 split from?I think it's obvious...the NFL Channel, ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, writers etc.

Tebow had two very good games for a rookie. Night and day better than guys like Clausen and McCoy...but, all you hear these guys saying...is:

He has a long ways to go
He played the worst defense in the NFL
He's only completing 50% of his passes
They have to be creative in order for him to contribute

It's obvious...Tebow may have the Fan support, but not the so-called experts support. Here's an example:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/behindthemic/?eref=sinav#122810.btm_howie_tebow2

broncobryce
01-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't see why people claim Luck is a sure thing. No one is a sure thing.

TXBRONC
01-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Orton is pissed and I get that.

He's also being a poor sport about it. His body language, his whole demeanor has been defeated and depressed for awhile now.

He was a decent stop gap but it's best for everyone including Kyle to move on.

It's like North said what Orton did is mild compared to what it could've been. At least he didn't pull a Ryan Leaf.

zbeg
01-01-2011, 08:41 PM
A running game improves everything. makes a QB and Defense look much better.

Especially third down conversion rate. When you have 2nd and 11, then have to conver that consistently when defense knows they don't have to respect the run, it's going to make your third down conversion rate very poor. Consistently having to throw on 2nd and 3rd and long is tough for any quarterback. Even if you complete a pass on 2nd down to make it 3rd and short, the run game can't convert those third and shorts, which further hurts the 3rd down %.

Not having a run game hurts the team in a lot of areas, but third down % is where it's the most conspicuous.

He's as close to a sure thing as a sure thing gets.

atwater27
01-01-2011, 11:59 PM

This board coulda used that reasoning when McDaniels was hired. Many folks saw him as a sure thing.:laugh:

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM

Kyle isn't 1/1000th the competitor and leader Drew Brees is. Orton is much more Jon Kitna than he is Drew Brees, and the sooner HE realizes that the better.

BroncoStud
01-02-2011, 01:57 AM

Maybe you forgot the following:

2008: Jay Cutler (47.5% on 3rd downs)
2009: Kyle Orton (36.3% on 3rd downs)

2008: Jay Cutler - Denver rushing yards (1,862)
2009: Kyle Orton - Denver rushing yards (1,836)

2008: Jay Cutler - Denver total defense (374.6 YPG)
2009: Kyle Orton - Denver total defense (315 YPG)

Nah, you're right, the QB doesn't matter on 3rd down. I guess Jay Cutler lucked into 11.2% higher 3rd down conversions than Orton did with the same rushing numbers... Riiiiiiiiiight?

Can we please quit posting bullshit rankings to support Orton, any viable 3rd down statistic you use from his first snap in the NFL to now proves that the guy sucks on 3rd down, which in turn leads to the defense being on the field longer.

Face it, if McDaniels wasn't such a ***** we would NEVER have had Kyle Orton on this roster and Lovie Smith would be fired now because he had Kyle Orton destroying his conversion downs. Remember, it wasn't that long ago before Lovie was on the hotseat with Orton as his starter and the Bears couldn't WAIT to get Cutler.

Kyle has now been benched for Rex Grossman and Tim Tebow. Orton has had PLENTY of opportunity to show he is a starting NFL QB. Good players don't get BENCHED for rookies. I know he has his loyal to the death supporters, but if you REALLY want to dig up stats I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why Orton isn't a starting NFL QB, it isn't hard to do.

zbeg
01-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Maybe you forgot the following:

2008: Jay Cutler (47.5% on 3rd downs)
2009: Kyle Orton (36.3% on 3rd downs)

2008: Jay Cutler - Denver rushing yards (1,862)
2009: Kyle Orton - Denver rushing yards (1,836)

2008: Jay Cutler - Denver total defense (374.6 YPG)
2009: Kyle Orton - Denver total defense (315 YPG)

Nah, you're right, the QB doesn't matter on 3rd down. I guess Jay Cutler lucked into 11.2% higher 3rd down conversions than Orton did with the same rushing numbers... Riiiiiiiiiight?

There's no question that Orton was not nearly as good last year as he was this year. I don't think anyone's saying that Orton 2009 was better than Cutler 2008, or even that Orton 2010 is better than Cutler 20anything. However, that's not the debate. The debate is whether or not Orton's play has been a liability or an asset for the Denver offense this season.

Let's look at the 2010 numbers, since that's the season in question.

2010: Denver total defense - 387.1 YPG.
2010: Denver rushing yards 1398 (pro-rated to 1491).

And yes, having a bad running game lowers the team's third down %, regardless of the QB's quality. Let's look at Orton 2010, since that's what we're talking about - Orton 2010. Not Orton 2010 or Orton 2007 or Orton 1972. Has Orton been an asset this season? Absolutely yes.

Can we please quit posting bullshit rankings to support Orton, any viable 3rd down statistic you use from his first snap in the NFL to now proves that the guy sucks on 3rd down, which in turn leads to the defense being on the field longer.

I agree that earlier in Orton's career, he was not particularly good. He has made a significant leap to being a quality NFL passer this year, however.

Kyle has now been benched for Rex Grossman and Tim Tebow. Orton has had PLENTY of opportunity to show he is a starting NFL QB. Good players don't get BENCHED for rookies. I know he has his loyal to the death supporters, but if you REALLY want to dig up stats I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt why Orton isn't a starting NFL QB, it isn't hard to do.

Being benched for Grossman is largely irrelevant since we're talking about Orton's progress and his breakthrough season this season.

And you realize Orton is hurt, right? That's why Tebow started. That's not getting benched. That's being injured. Otherwise Tom Brady was benched for Matt Cassel, or Aaron Rodgers was benched for Matt Flynn, or Ben Roethlisberger was benched for Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon, or John Elway was benched for Tommy Maddox.

chazoe60
01-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Why do so many people blame everything but Orton? Yes our running game was bad, but that does not excuse the fact that Orton was shitty also.

People defend Orton as though he were their little brother.

TXBRONC
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM

If I may, Orton was starter his rookie season by default. The Bears had planned on Grossman being starter but he got hurt in either camp or preseason. He started 15 games only because Grossman was out. When Grossman got healthy enough to play he started the 15th game of season and then the Bears let Orton play the final game of the regular season and then Grossman started in the playoffs.

I have always maintained that Orton isn't long term solution but with the right offense and solid defense he's ok. You just can't expect him carry his team if need be because he's not a play maker. Other way saying it is that he's the kind of starter that head coaches replace when they find someone better.

TXBRONC
01-02-2011, 09:50 AM
And you realize Orton is hurt, right? That's why Tebow started. That's not getting benched. That's being injured. Otherwise Tom Brady was benched for Matt Cassel, or Aaron Rodgers was benched for Matt Flynn, or Ben Roethlisberger was benched for Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon, or John Elway was benched for Tommy Maddox.

Sorry Z this debatable. True Orton was hurt but all that did was give the front office cover for letting Tebow to start. The way Orton has been talking he at the very least feels that he is healthy enough to play.

I would bet that even if Orton had not gotten hurt he still wouldn't have started the last two games of the season.

As far as the great progress you've mentioned what did it net us? A 3-10 record with him as the start. And before you make the argument about how bad the defenes is let me stop you right there. Because even as bad as the defense has been there has been five game that were very winnable. In fact, all of them were lost on our last meaningful possesion. Three ended by turnover two interceptions and one fumble and one by turning the ball over on downs and one game play game he just flat out played poorly (game at Arrowhead) yet we still had chance to win.

Orton is the kind of quarterback that wont lose you many games but he also wont win you many either.

topscribe
01-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I agree with most of what you said. I might add:

There's no question that Orton was not nearly as good last year as he was this year. I don't think anyone's saying that Orton 2009 was better than Cutler 2008, or even that Orton 2010 is better than Cutler 20anything. However, that's not the debate. The debate is whether or not Orton's play has been a liability or an asset for the Denver offense this season.

Let's look at the 2010 numbers, since that's the season in question.

2010: Denver total defense - 387.1 YPG.
2010: Denver rushing yards 1398 (pro-rated to 1491).

And yes, having a bad running game lowers the team's third down %, regardless of the QB's quality. Let's look at Orton 2010, since that's what we're talking about - Orton 2010. Not Orton 2010 or Orton 2007 or Orton 1972. Has Orton been an asset this season? Absolutely yes.

Their arguments about Orton in 2005 are vain. Orton was a rookie. Rookies
do not normally have good years.

Their arguments about Orton in 2008 are vain. Orton was a 2nd-year player
(actually on the field), one year removed from a rookie. He was playing
with the #24 rushing offense and the #30 pass defense in the league, plus
a particularly porous offensive line and pedestrian receivers, so he did not
have the best of all worlds.

So in the first half of that year, writers were talking about how "hot" he
was. But midway through that year, he suffered a high ankle sprain (not a
common ankle sprain, but a high sprain), and his numbers consequently
went visibly down the rest of the year. If they want to go through the
particularly stupid exercise of comparing Cutler to Orton, they need to use
the first half of Orton's 2008 season, not the latter half, because Cutler did
not have a high ankle sprain. (I'm not getting into that asinine debate: I'm
just saying that in any comparison, the factors have to be as equivalent as
possible.)

And then last year (2009), Orton started the season with a compound
dislocation of his index (guiding) finger on his throwing hand, and he still
had that high ankle sprain that had not completely healed. And then -
wouldn't you know it? - midway through that season, he suffered another
high ankle sprain on the other side. So he finished the year on two high
ankle sprains.

This year, Orton started out healthy, and it showed. Despite a last-place
running game and a last-place defense, he played the first 11 games at a
Pro Bowl level, registering five (5) games of more than 300 yards (would
have been seven with five more yards in the Jax game and four more yards
in the first KC game), a 62% comp rate, and a 95 QBR.

Detractors like to point out his third-down performance, but he faced an
extraordinary number of 3rd-and-8+ downs, and numbers have been
produced to show that other top QBs have had little to no greater success
on third-and-longs.

Then they try to say that Orton was the reason for those third-and-longs.
That might be true if he was expected to block for himself and run the ball.
Yes, he caused some of it on himself with a few delays of games (drove me
nuts) and a couple incomplete passes here and there. (That's the case
with a 62% comp rate: that means 38% of the passes missed.) But a
1.7 YPC in the running game is never going to help, and the rest of the
offense regularly kept setting the LOS back five to 15 yards, too.

I agree that earlier in Orton's career, he was not particularly good. He has made a significant leap to being a quality NFL passer this year, however.

Being benched for Grossman is largely irrelevant since we're talking about Orton's progress and his breakthrough season this season.

And you realize Orton is hurt, right? That's why Tebow started. That's not getting benched. That's being injured. Otherwise Tom Brady was benched for Matt Cassel, or Aaron Rodgers was benched for Matt Flynn, or Ben Roethlisberger was benched for Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon, or John Elway was benched for Tommy Maddox.When Orton was replaced for Grossman in the playoff game after the 2005
season, Orton was a rookie. And there was a lot more going on at that
time than what some of these guys would have you think. Grossman was a
three-year starter who had been selected in the first round of the 2003
draft. So Orton wasn't benched for a rookie that year. He was the rookie.

There's a lot more to that story, and to that of 2006 and 2007, too. But I
have been over and over that, ad nauseam, to the point where it finally
dawned on me that my words had no chance to penetrate closed minds.

But this year, Orton was hurt. Badly. Very badly. His shoulder was injured
in the SF game, then he suffered a rib injury in the St. Louis game, followed
by another rib injury on the other side in the KC game.

It is amazing to me how all the sudden he could not throw those frozen
ropes on the deep outs and down the middle as he could earlier in the
season. Of course, I was not aware of the seriousness of his rib injuries.
And I certainly did not know he was injured on both sides.

It is commendable that Orton felt he could play in the KC and Cardinals
games. Attribute that to his toughness. However, I personally do not feel
he had any business out there in those games. He needed to rest and heal.
He did not allow his body to do that, and, because of his injuries, he stunk
up the joint.

But these guys want to use Orton's performances in his last two games
against him as evidence he can't play. I have news for them: Anyone who
has suffered a rib injury - I mean a real rib injury - knows that it is tough
to do anything, even breathe.

But I've said that before, to no avail. They want so badly to believe Orton
was no good that anything positive is immediately discarded.

Kyle has done fairly well, but he has yet to go through a year under
"normal" circumstances. I would like to see him go into a system with a
halfway decent running game and defense, and then see how he does from
there. The only thing is, if he then plays lights out, as I suspect he will, it
won't be for us.

I just hope, then, that Tebow is indeed "IT."

-----