PDA

View Full Version : Am I nuts?

Flatinum
09-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I was getting ready to watch the game last night when I made this comment to my wife - "The Broncos better not lose tonight or I'll have a hard time falling asleep". It's true, when the Broncos play a night game and the lose it bugs the sh*t out of me and it takes me a couple of hours to finally fall asleep. Since the Broncos record in night games the last few years hasn't been that great, I've had some rough Monday and Tuesday mornings. Obviously I slept like a baby last night.

She said I'm nuts and have a problem. She can't understand how the outcome of a Broncos game has a bearing on my ability to catch some zzzz's.

I'm assuming that many of you can relate. Am I right.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
You're fine.

You're wife on the other hand, has flipped her lid, and gone bat-shit crazy.

You better seek out some professional counseling for her ASAP before she starts asking you to do laundry or other honey-do's in the middle of a game.

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Lol!!!

CoachChaz
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
I love the Broncos, but when I start losing sleep because of their play...I will immediately find residency and the nearest nuthouse

Rex
09-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I do the same thing. I have been up for hours after a Monday night or Sunday night loss.

I think it probably has to do with adrenaline from the game.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I won't stay up, but I will have restless sleep and it will affect my dreams. Along with the adrenaline, I also think it has to do with the fact that the Broncos were something my family bonded over, so I have a little more of an emotional attachment than I probably should have.

Northman
09-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Nope, same thing happens to me. Totally understand.

MileHighWrath
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm typically just as drunk after a win as a loss so as far as sleep goes, no problem.

Rex
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Remember the meltdown vs the Pats at home a few years ago?

I didnt fall asleep until about 4 am.

Raiders in the snow?

Same thing.

nj10
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Raiders in the snow?

Same thing.

Packers game last year...blank stare at the screen for 2 1/2 minutes then straight to bed without speaking where I laid awake til 3:45

Rex
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Packers game last year...blank stare at the screen for 2 1/2 minutes then straight to bed without speaking where I laid awake til 3:45

Yeah...I almost forgot about that one. I think I woke up my family!

Dreadnought
09-09-2008, 10:59 AM

Raiders in the snow?

Same thing.

Raiders in the snow; Olindo Mare kicking two 55 yarders to tie then win, the Packers game last year - same deal - no sleep for hours.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Jacksonville Jaguars 1996. I didn't sleep for a week.

If I saw Michael Dean Perry today I would punch him in the face.

In-com-plete
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
You're not nuts. I hate when we play night games. I'm either too excited because we won or too pissed because we lost to fall asleep.

Last night I didn't get into bed until 10 minutes 'til 2:00. I layed there for atleast a half hour. It's hard to fall asleep with a grin ya know. I just kept replaying certain plays in my head. My heart was still racing.

And I just kept hearing my friend say "Why did the Broncos take Royal instead of DeSean Jackson".

BroncoJoe
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I dreamed I traveled to Europe with a friend I haven't seen in 20 years or so. We used to watch Broncos games together all the time.

Weird.

I did fall asleep on the couch though, trying to watch all the recaps of the games on various channels. Made it up to bed around 2:30 a.m.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I usually have no problem going to sleep. My problem is waking the rest of the family up with swearing. My wife is going to have to take the girls to the park or something when the Broncos are playing. I sound like a #@$ %*@! sailor.

Dreadnought
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
I usually have no problem going to sleep. My problem is waking the rest of the family up with swearing. My wife is going to have to take the girls to the park or something when the Broncos are playing. I sound like a #@$ %*@! sailor.

Its why I watch by myself in the basement, sitting on the floor a foot away from the old 27" TV. Yes, I am that obsessive.

BroncoJoe
09-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Its why I watch by myself in the basement, sitting on the floor a foot away from the old 27" TV. Yes, I am that obsessive.

Kudos to you! I make the family head up to their respective rooms (part of the reason I have cable in all the bedrooms), or basement so I can watch in peace on the HDVT.

Obviously, I'd love it if they'd watch it with me, but that ain't gonna happen...

Dreadnought
09-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Kudos to you! I make the family head up to their respective rooms (part of the reason I have cable in all the bedrooms), or basement so I can watch in peace on the HDVT.

Obviously, I'd love it if they'd watch it with me, but that ain't gonna happen...

I'm slowly teaching my daughter something about football, but her attention span isn't up to a full game yet. She likes the teams named after animals, especially horses. I always inflect the pronunciation of the word "Raiders" around her with as much scorn and contempt as I can load into that one word.

She is certainly not old enough to be near me when Denver plays Oakland, thats for sure

BroncoJoe
09-09-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm slowly teaching my daughter something about football, but her attention span isn't up to a full game yet. She likes the teams named after animals, especially horses. I always inflect the pronunciation of the word "Raiders" around her with as much scorn and contempt as I can load into that one word.

She is certainly not old enough to be near me when Denver plays Oakland, thats for sure

I taught my youngest to say "the Chiefs smell like poop" when she was little.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2008, 02:50 PM

My 3 year old says, "Go Broncos" and you'll love this... "Raiders suck". My wife got pissed, but I said she's just telling the truth.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 02:54 PM

Last night I had on the Vikings/Packers game while we were picking up some before my daughter's bed time.

Keep in mind she's not quite 5 years old yet.

Sometime in the third quarter, she says, "looks like the Green Bay Packers are going to win."

I said, "yes, they are in the lead, what makes you think they are going to win."

She replies, "I've been watching them, and they're doing a good job of moving the football."

:beer: :cool: :elefant: :lol:

I couldn't be more proud.

Last season when the Chiefs were playing a couple of times she reprimanded me. "We don't like the Chiefs, why are they on the TV. The Chiefs are Stinky!"

Dreadnought
09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
My 3 year old says, "Go Broncos" and you'll love this... "Raiders suck". My wife got pissed, but I said she's just telling the truth.

Thats right BDB. As much as we don't want children using bad language, it is more important that they learn not to lie. It is almost impossible to discuss the Raiders honestly without resorting to some form of bad words, so the kids should get a pass :D