PDA

View Full Version : Studesville to interview for a permanent position...

Lancane
12-31-2010, 03:13 AM
Late last night before the server went down I read an article by Denver Post columnist Mike Klis that stated that Interim Head Coach Eric Studesville will interview with the organization for the Head Coaching position and was supposedly confirmed by sources with the team.

I couldn't post it unfortunately because the down server, but the article was erased from the Post's archives? You can google it or search the Denver Post website and it mentions it, but the article was erased. A few months back Klis wrote an article stating Orton was nothing but numbers and was not a good quarterback, like this article it was erased. Sorry I couldn't provide a link, but I feel the story has legs.

If what the sources said was true, then it looks like Studesville will officially be interviewed on Monday or Tuesday of next week at the latest.

According to one trusted source of mine, Studesville's list of coordinators that he'll present to Pat Bowlen, John Elway and Brian Xanders includes Jim Fassel for Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator, Kevin Wolthausen who served under Fassel on the UFL's Las Vegas Locomotives for Defensive Coordinator. For those who do not know Wolthausen he is currently the Defensive Line Coach for the Locomotives, before that he was the Associate Head Coach/Linebackers Coach at Eastern Michigan. He knows Brian Xanders due to the fact he was the defensive line coach in Atlanta in 2007, before which he was the Co-Defensive Coordinator and Defensive Line Coach at the University of Louisville where he coached Elvis Dumervil. Also Larry Mac Duff who followed Fassel to the UFL, he was the Special Teams Coordinator in New York under Fassel and knows Studesville from their days in New York together.

Go ahead and discuss, I just wanted to share what I read and heard.

Tned
12-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Here's the article: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16978548

Lancane
12-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Here's the article: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16978548

Thanks Tned, I appreciate it. :salute:

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Fassel as Asst. HC/OC. That is interesting and honestly a damn smart play by Mr. Studesville. I don't know that Eric will become our HC but I certainly would like to see him remain on this staff. Dude has a way about him and I for one like it.

honz
12-31-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah, Studes (can we make this his official nickname?) has won me over. Not sure I want him to be the HC, but it is intriguing. I definitely hope he stays on in some capacity, though.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 03:34 AM
Fassel as Asst. HC/OC. That is interesting and honestly a damn smart play by Mr. Studesville. I don't know that Eric will become our HC but I certainly would like to see him remain on this staff. Dude has a way about him and I for one like it.

I think Studesville knows that he's lacking and without a strong staff he stands little chance. Fassel however is a close friend, plus Studesville knows that Fassel is close friends with Bowlen and Elway as well, and is likewise being mentioned for the job. This could be a 'You scratch my back and I scratch yours situation', if Fassel get's interviewed then he'll likely keep Studesville on in the same position! And Bowlen might feel more at ease knowing that the Assistant Head Coach is the same man as the Offensive Coordinator who could help Studesville. It's a very smart play, and that could play a factor for Studesville, after all...he'd already be proving himself smarter then McDaniels!

dogfish
12-31-2010, 04:16 AM
UFL defensive coordinator?

sounds like exactly what this team needs-- i'm on board. . .

Lancane
12-31-2010, 04:28 AM
UFL defensive coordinator?

sounds like exactly what this team needs-- i'm on board. . .

You're such a smartass Dog...:lol:

Wolthausen was just one name mentioned, Dick Jauron was also mentioned as a possible candidate for the DC from the same said source. But he thought Studesville may listen to Fassel and that Wolthausen would be someone he may mention for such a position. Another name he threw into the mix was Ed Donatell our current Defensive Backs coach. So I would take it with a grain of salt, it was one source's opinion. Hell knowing our luck, we'll be re-hiring Larry Coyer or Bob Slowik.

dogfish
12-31-2010, 04:43 AM
You're such a smartass Dog...:lol:

thanks, most people say dumbass. . . :lol:

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 04:48 AM
thanks, most people say dumbass. . . :lol:

I'm in the majority. :cool:

dogfish
12-31-2010, 05:00 AM
I'm in the majority. :cool:

yea, well, you suck!

:laugh:

DenBronx
12-31-2010, 05:09 AM
eh, just part of the rooney rule.

nothing more to see here....move along.

BroncoBJ
12-31-2010, 05:52 AM
Meh, I'd rather get someone else. I know I'll feel bad for Studesville when hes no longer our coach just because he seems like a great guy and the players all love him.

But I kinda want a whole new staff. Not sure what Studesville will do if he becomes the head coach. What guys he will keep and what guys he will let go. I just don't like many of the other guys we have behind him.

But like people said, probably just the rooney rule. Either that or since Bowlen will have to pay 3 different head coaches next year, might as well just hire Studesville for cheap now. :lol:

But 2 quarters against the Texans doesn't make me want Studs and the whole staff back :lol:

We looked terrible against the Cards. Our offensive play calling looked horrendus against Oakland and pretty damn bad for the 1st 2 quarters of the Texans game.

I'm not on board after the last 2 quarters. Sorry studesville but I'd like to go in a new direction of coaches.

Keep our offense in tact and lets go with defense. :salute: Pretty sure most people can agree with that.

Juriga72
12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
Never hire someone who will work under you that is better than you are.

THATS what happened to McDummy with Nolan. Fassell will be here about 1 secondd and go...."Oh crap.... what did I get myself into"

Either way...let Studes get more coaching time somewhere elase, like jr pee-wee football somewhere.

Lets hire someone who can coach from the get go, not one who will just expand a failed system.

Dzone
12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
He's got great rapport with Tebow, the team and the media. Studs has been awesome. Hopefully we can keep him in some capacity. HC success is a weird science. You never know what can happen until it happens. We all like to be amateur Nostradamus. People say Studesville will never be HC again here. Ok, if you say so.

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
He's got great rapport with Tebow, the team and the media. Studs has been awesome. Hopefully we can keep him in some capacity. HC success is a weird science. You never know what can happen until it happens. We all like to be amateur Nostradamus. People say Studesville will never be HC again here. Ok, if you say so.

That's a great point.

Whoever thought Smith in Atlanta would be as good as he is? Hell, I had barely even heard of him when they hired him. Maybe I'm in the minority on that but that guy just came out of nowhere.

frauschieze
12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Never hire someone who will work under you that is better than you are.

THATS what happened to McDummy with Nolan. Fassell will be here about 1 secondd and go...."Oh crap.... what did I get myself into"

Either way...let Studes get more coaching time somewhere elase, like jr pee-wee football somewhere.

Lets hire someone who can coach from the get go, not one who will just expand a failed system.

Funny. I think the exact opposite is true. The smarter and "better" the people are underneath you in a hierarchy, the better you look. You have to be able to deflect praise down to them, while taking all criticisms. And you have to know when to trust them and when you need to be the one making the call. It's not the easiest, but it's certainly much closer to ideal than making sure everyone below you is lesser.

McDaniels' problem is he couldn't get along with anyone who opposed him. That has nothing to do with how much better Nolan was.

Dreadnought
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Funny. I think the exact opposite is true. The smarter and "better" the people are underneath you in a hierarchy, the better you look. You to be able to deflect praise down to them, and while taking all criticisms. And you have to know when to trust them and when you need to be the one making the call. It's not the easiest, but it's certainly much closer to ideal than making sure everyone below you is lesser.

McDaniels' problem is he couldn't get along with anyone who opposed him. That has nothing to do with how much better Nolan was.

Exactly - ALWAYS hire people better than you, and make sure they get a ton of credit, too. That was the prime cause McD's downfall IMO - he couldnt stand having anyone but toadies, 3rd raters, and lickspittles serving under him.

OrangeHoof
12-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Of course, Studs will interview. It satisfies the Rooney Rule.

gnomeflinger
12-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Exactly - ALWAYS hire people better than you, and make sure they get a ton of credit, too. That was the prime cause McD's downfall IMO - he couldnt stand having anyone but toadies, 3rd raters, and lickspittles serving under him.

This rule applies in life, and not just football. My husband had this assistant working for him. He started out great, but as time when on, because a real PITA. His bad attitude and laziness made my husband look bad. Thankfully that AssMan is far, far away in some hell hole named Detroit. He is now what I call SEP (Someone Else's Problem).

cardoso
12-31-2010, 12:44 PM
NO THANKS!!!

I'm happy for the guy at the moment and I hope Bowlen asks the new staff to keep studs as a rb coach but no way in this world Do i want him coaching the broncos next year. It would be a disaster and this is not the time to give another inexperienced dude a chance here. He knows nothing more than the RB position. It wold make me sick if he was our next head coach.

cardoso
12-31-2010, 12:47 PM
We do not need another guy to come in here and learn on the job at our expense. F that shit!

gnomeflinger
12-31-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't know enough about Studesville or any of the other options out there for HC to make a valuable opinion. But I think that after the McD debacle, the board in charge of hiring will be more careful in their selection of who the HC will be.

Why would Studesville not be a good choice, other than lack of experience?

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Studesville isn't fit to be a HC in this league, sorry. I'd be outraged if he became our HC.

Some of you just fall in love at first sight with these coaches. Remember the support McDaniels had? Look how that worked out.

T.K.O.
12-31-2010, 01:17 PM

that's reason enough, he will be facing teams with experienced HC's almost every week.
the HC needs to be familiar with all facets of the game,able to provide insight to his assistants,motivate players and use them to the best of their abilities,understand what it takes to get the entire organization on the same page.
that takes experience,sure there are exceptions and everybody has to start somewhere....BUT,i really dont think anyone should jump from rb's coach to head coach in the most competetive league in the world.
i agree with others who say this is NO time to experiment with the HC position.
the broncos have a lot of young talent and need a great draft,a leader who has a proven track record and a "captain" who knows the waters.
one that gives them the best chance to right the ship,before it sinks completely !:salute:

Lancane
12-31-2010, 01:18 PM
eh, just part of the rooney rule.

nothing more to see here....move along.

That could be DB, but over the years I've learned that usually teams fulfill the 'Rooney Rule' requirement right after interviewing the candidate that is their favorite for the position or likely to be hired and hardly ever before.

So you could be right or could be wrong, Studesville could actually become the next head coach in my honest opinion if he offers a prominent enough staff to Elway, Xanders and Bowlen. Studesville is also friends with Fassel and Rivera, two of the coaches that are being linked to the job as well, he could return in some capacity akin to what I stated for Fassel.

Why do you think that only a couple solid coaches are being linked to the position? Because it's not a sexy job offer right now, we are going to have a major overhaul for the lack of talent we have and it will be a work in progress, so at this point don't count anyone out.

T.K.O.
12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
on the other hand.....if we beat the bolts by 30 points.....i may be swayed:beer::elefant::salute:

BroncoStud
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Studesville isn't fit to be a HC in this league, sorry. I'd be outraged if he became our HC.

Some of you just fall in love at first sight with these coaches. Remember the support McDaniels had? Look how that worked out.

THIS. Studes seems like a nice guy but if you listen to him speak does he really sound like a man you want scheming against opposing HC's in the NFL? Did you like his gameplans against Arizona and Oakland?

He ALLOWED the offense to try to win a game for 1 half against Houston, and Tebow did. No thanks, we just got out of a mess created by a HC with no experience, let's bring in Chucky and get on with the franchise.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 01:27 PM

Sorry Staples but who thought Tom Cable, John Harbaugh or Mike Smith would be great head coaches? What about Raheem Morris? That's the thing...look at Dennison, a lot of people want Rick Dennison but let's be honest, Shanahan and Kubiak called the offensive plays and Dennison filled a role, but we're still willing to give him a shot. And I'm not on the Studesville-for-Coach wagon, I want Rivera, Garrett or Dennison...but I can say see why the Broncos would give a serious look at Studesville as well.

BroncoStud
12-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry Staples but who thought Tom Cable, John Harbaugh or Mike Smith would be great head coaches? What about Raheem Morris? That's the thing...look at Dennison, a lot of people want Rick Dennison but let's be honest, Shanahan and Kubiak called the offensive plays and Dennison filled a role, but we're still willing to give him a shot. And I'm not on the Studesville-for-Coach wagon, I want Rivera, Garrett or Dennison...but I can say see why the Broncos would give a serious look at Studesville as well.

I would love to get Jason Garrett, he's done an outstanding job with the Cowboys this year.

dogfish
12-31-2010, 01:30 PM

no other reason-- the lack of experience is the only reason, and it's MORE than sufficient by itself. . .

people who want studes as HC just because the team has gotten an emotional lift from tebow wouldn't be very happy next year when our unqualified HC got completely exposed over the course of a full season. . .

emotion only goes so far-- winning teams have to be able to get it done with X's and O's. . . especially when you play against teams that have comparable or better talent than you do, which will be most weeks in the NFL. . . if you told me we could get dick lebeau and sean payton as our coordinators i wouldn't hate the idea of studesville as HC, but no-name HCs aren't generally able to get top assistants. . . nobody with better options wants to work for someone who'll probably be out in a couple of years. . .

unless bowlen has totally lost it and ellis is a bigger turd than even i think, studes' interview will be a courtesy only. . .

Nomad
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM
no other reason-- the lack of experience is the only reason, and it's MORE than sufficient by itself. . .

people who want studes as HC just because the team has gotten an emotional lift from tebow wouldn't be very happy next year when our unqualified HC got completely exposed over the course of a full season. . .

emotion only goes so far-- winning teams have to be able to get it done with X's and O's. . . especially when you play against teams that have comparable or better talent than you do, which will be most weeks in the NFL. . . if you told me we could get dick lebeau and sean payton as our coordinators i wouldn't hate the idea of studesville as HC, but no-name HCs aren't generally able to get top assistants. . . nobody with better options wants to work for someone who'll probably be out in a couple of years. . .

unless bowlen has totally lost it and ellis is a bigger turd than even i think, studes' interview will be a courtesy only. . .

The jury is still out on this one, hopefully Elway can bring some sense back to this franchise!!

I believe this post says it best though!!

Lancane
12-31-2010, 01:36 PM
I would love to get Jason Garrett, he's done an outstanding job with the Cowboys this year.

I would love it if we stole Garrett from underneath Jones' nose...:lol:

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 01:37 PM

Can he coach defense? And he abandons the run far too much, just like McDaniels. No thanks.

DenBronx
12-31-2010, 01:40 PM
I would love it if we stole Garrett from underneath Jones' nose...:lol:

He's the highest paid OC in the league. I think he's comfortable with less responsibility while getting paid as much as a HC. I can see him staying on as OC with Fisher coming in as HC.

topscribe
12-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Can he coach defense? And he abandons the run far too much, just like McDaniels. No thanks.

I'm not concerned whether he could coach defense, provided he hired a
good, competent coordinator and then got out of the way. McDaniels fulfilled
the first part of that with Nolan. I just wish he would then have left him alone.

-----

Nomad
12-31-2010, 01:42 PM
He's the highest paid OC in the league. I think he's comfortable with less responsibility while getting paid as much as a HC. I can see him staying on as OC with Fisher coming in as HC.

You could be on to something there!!

Lancane
12-31-2010, 01:43 PM

That's sort of the issue Dog, what is his level of committment, what is he willing to pay in order to right the ship that he allowed others to sink for the most part? What is he willing to sacrifice to make this better?

Half the coaches linked to this job right now I wouldn't want out back cooking BBQ for fear they would blow up the damn grill and take half the guests with them.

Studesville could be getting a courtesy interview, I'll admit that it's possible. But all he has to do is impress one or two with the staff he wants to have in place to get a serious consideration. If he plans on keeping the offense and defense as is, well then he doesn't stand a chance and he blew his shot to actually make them take him seriously.

The Experience
12-31-2010, 01:45 PM

I agree Garrett is overrated. Plus the dumbass did not even know who he was interviewing for last time he was here.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm not concerned whether he could coach defense, provided he hired a
good, competent coordinator and then got out of the way. McDaniels fulfilled
the first part of that with Nolan. I just wish he would then have left him alone.

-----

I agree, I would just rather a defensive minded coach to fix the defense that's plagued us for years. But above all, I want a coach that can evaluate talent, because I'm extremely skeptical of Xanders and Elway in that role.

dogfish
12-31-2010, 01:47 PM
That's sort of the issue Dog, what is his level of committment, what is he willing to pay in order to right the ship that he allowed others to sink for the most part? What is he willing to sacrifice to make this better?

yep, that's pretty much the $62 million question. . .

Lancane
12-31-2010, 01:51 PM

Yes, because offensive coaches run the defense? :confused:

And before you state anything else Staples, maybe you'd like to know that on average eight out of ten coaches usually focus on the side of the ball they are not associated with. Look at Kubiak in Houston, he's an offensive minded coach and his drafts have been heavy defensively, he's just never had a quality coordinator to put it together. Spagnuolo is defensive minded and has focused mostly on offense...I don't know why we had two back to back coaches that thought the other way but they did. A defensive minded coach might not be the answer either. A lot depends on the staff he can put together, after all we wouldn't have our two Lombardi trophies without Greg Robinson. Just something for you to keep in mind as well Staples.

;)

TXBRONC
12-31-2010, 01:58 PM
It's not a big surprise that he's getting and interview but I don't going 2-2 at best will be enough to get him the job permanently.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 02:08 PM
It's not a big surprise that he's getting and interview but I don't going 2-2 at best will be enough to get him the job permanently.

Like I said in another thread, he's a long-shot...but what does he have to lose? He loves Denver and wants to be a part of this team, and that's a big thing right now when it seems that half the coaches were hearing linked are absolute garbage and will be coming only because of a paycheck.

We need someone who wants to be here, someone committed to the work and the long-haul ahead, this is not going to be easy by any means. We need a Tebow-like coach who's outlook and personality is infectious to others and who has a desire to be a part of this organization. Why do you think Bowlen wanted a coach with ties to the team, city or state? For the same reason Calhoun was a favorite for the position at one point, it's going to be trying and someone with a love for the team, fans and so forth will be the right choice.

UnderArmour
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Of course, Studs will interview. It satisfies the Rooney Rule.

I don't belief that is the case because there are plenty of worthy(or at least worth an interview) minority HC candidates out there this year. Ron Rivera, Leslie Frazier(Although I doubt we can get an interview with him), Mike Singleterry, Marvin Lewis, and former Chiefs coach Herm Edwards. I think this is more to do Studs a favor in getting his next job. I could be wrong though, Bowlen could know exactly who he wants after going through an extensive interview process 2 years ago.

gnomeflinger
12-31-2010, 02:22 PM
To sort of be a DA, how do you guys know if Studes has shown all his cards? I don't mean that he was a closet HC for some ghost team somewhere :lol: but what if he has plans and ideas and the material to get it done? No one knows if he does or not.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes, because offensive coaches run the defense? :confused:

And before you state anything else Staples, maybe you'd like to know that on average eight out of ten coaches usually focus on the side of the ball they are not associated with. Look at Kubiak in Houston, he's an offensive minded coach and his drafts have been heavy defensively, he's just never had a quality coordinator to put it together. Spagnuolo is defensive minded and has focused mostly on offense...I don't know why we had two back to back coaches that thought the other way but they did. A defensive minded coach might not be the answer either. A lot depends on the staff he can put together, after all we wouldn't have our two Lombardi trophies without Greg Robinson. Just something for you to keep in mind as well Staples.

;)

Eh, I understand that, but look what happened when we hired McDaniels instead of a defensive minded coach. Granted, McDaniels is on his own level of coaching stupidity, but still. I'd feel more confident with a proven coach, especially one who focuses on defense.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Eh, I understand that, but look what happened when we hired McDaniels instead of a defensive minded coach. Granted, McDaniels is on his own level of coaching stupidity, but still. I'd feel more confident with a proven coach, especially one who focuses on defense.

That's the whole point though, Shanahan focused on offense as did McDaniels, but most times offensive minded head coaches focus on defense more then offense, we just happened to get stuck with two coaches that went against the grain. We could hire a defensive minded head coach who says that he's going to focus on defense and yet focuses on the offense and then we'd all be pissed, and that is the importance of a good General Manager, but if Xanders is the next G.M., we'll have to be iffy about what is to come.

I'm leaning towards Ron Rivera being my favorite for the position right now, I just hope if we do hire him that he is forced to focus on both sides of the ball, but more defensively via the draft.

Right now I'm writing my state of the Broncos, and I feel that we'll be trading some big names this off-season to garner more picks, I also expect us to spend a good amount of money in free agency as well.

UrbanBounca
12-31-2010, 03:11 PM
I will take ANYONE who wants to win, and not in it for their own ego.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 03:46 PM
I will take ANYONE who wants to win, and not in it for their own ego.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I'll also take someone who knows their own limitations and puts people around him to offset those limitations, instead of someone who is terrified that the people around him know more than he does and then proceeds to prove those fears correct.

OrangeHoof
12-31-2010, 05:53 PM
I thought McD was underqualified to be a head coach and McD's resume was more solid than Stud's. We really need somebody who knows what he's doing.

chazoe60
12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought McD was underqualified to be a head coach and McD's resume was more solid than Stud's. We really need somebody who knows what he's doing.

Not true, Studs has headcoaching experience ;)

Lancane
12-31-2010, 06:00 PM

Problem is that those who have a freaking clue don't want much to do with us unless we are willing to throw top dollar at them. And I don't want another coach who's only concern is a damn paycheck, we need someone that wants to be here and has a desire to see this team succeed at all phases, not just on the field but in whole.

BroncoBJ
12-31-2010, 06:01 PM
I agree Garrett is overrated. Plus the dumbass did not even know who he was interviewing for last time he was here.

:lol: Yea, he kept calling us the Dolphins. :fight:

No thanks on him.

And did someone really say that Tom Cable is a good head coach? :lol: :lol:

GEM
12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
I was listening to a national show on the radio this morning and they went through the list of teams that are definitely or could be looking for head coaches and compared which job they would rather take:

Denver or Cleveland-Denver
Denver or Miami-Denver
Denver or Arizona- Denver
Denver or Jax- It was split and the deciding factor was weather
Denver or Dallas-All said if it was based on talent it would definitely be Dallas but because of Jones it was Denver.

Denver is still a good destination.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 06:06 PM

No thanks on him.

No, I said Tom Cable has been a good coach compared to the expectations many expected from him. And I wouldn't laugh BJ, seems his team whooped our asses twice this year and once last year, that's better then I can say for us...now isn't it?

;)

GEM
12-31-2010, 06:07 PM
I would say Cable has done a damn good job in Oakland. They are on the rise and seem to making the right decisions to lead them in the right direction.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 06:12 PM
I was listening to a national show on the radio this morning and they went through the list of teams that are definitely or could be looking for head coaches and compared which job they would rather take:

Denver or Cleveland-Denver
Denver or Miami-Denver
Denver or Arizona- Denver
Denver or Jax- It was split and the deciding factor was weather
Denver or Dallas-All said if it was based on talent it would definitely be Dallas but because of Jones it was Denver.

Denver is still a good destination.

Yeah Gem, because coaches put stock into what a radio broadcaster says wether local or national. :lol:

From a coaching standpoint, Arizona may be the only one that is below us, that is until Cincinnati fires Lewis.

FYI - Miami is keeping Sparano, Houston is keeping Kubiak and Mangini may end up being saved because what the players have said in Cleveland. Arizona has not made a decision either. What about Carolina, Cincinnati, Tennessee, San Fran, Oakland, Indianapolis and New York who may be joining the ranks of teams looking for a new head coach? I'd say those are some pretty solid organizations Gem, don't you?

Lancane
12-31-2010, 06:13 PM

No thanks on him.

Yeah, well look what happened with the man who kept calling us the Broncos, you know Mr. McLovin!

:lol:

Maybe we need someone that is mixed up about who we are! :laugh:

BroncoBJ
12-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah, well look what happened with the man who kept calling us the Broncos, you know Mr. McLovin!

:lol:

Maybe we need someone that is mixed up about who we are! :laugh:

:lol: Maybe we do need someone whos confused.

But as for Tom Cable, the guy is horrible. The only reason they are having any sort of success this year is because of Hue Jackson down there. Cable is a bum. But I hope they keep him. :elefant:

Not to mention 5 of thier 7 wins is just vs the pathetic AFC West. The other 2 wins is vs the pathetic NFC West. So Not really impressed.

And beating the Broncos doesn't impress me very much either.

MileHiWildcat
12-31-2010, 06:41 PM
I hear the Broncos need someone to carry the Gatorade cooler. Studs is perfect for that job. Head Coach - not so much.

Lancane
12-31-2010, 07:02 PM
I hear the Broncos need someone to carry the Gatorade cooler. Studs is perfect for that job. Head Coach - not so much.

I find this statement aberrant and classless, he may not be the best candidate but that doesn't surmount the fact that he is a well respected coach in the National Football League nor does it mean that he is deserving of such horrid criticism that is borderline atrocious.

If we can not expect better of ourselves as fans, maybe we don't deserve better as far as who coaches.

:coffee:

OrangeHoof
12-31-2010, 10:07 PM
I would say Cable has done a damn good job in Oakland. They are on the rise and seem to making the right decisions to lead them in the right direction.

Give Cable credit. A lot of organizations would have held onto JaMarcus Russell for way too long simply because he was an overall #1 and it looks bad to toss him overboard after just a couple of years. The Raiders dumped him once they realized he wasn't the answer instead of hanging onto him just to save face.

BeefStew25
12-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Give Cable credit. A lot of organizations would have held onto JaMarcus Russell for way too long simply because he was an overall #1 and it looks bad to toss him overboard after just a couple of years. The Raiders dumped him once they realized he wasn't the answer instead of hanging onto him just to save face.

Cable, or Al Davis?