PDA

View Full Version : "Eric from Denver" on Sirius radio

threefolddead
12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
This is kind of a funny story I don't know if anyone else heard or not. This morning on the way to work I had the NFL radio on and they were taking calls from listeners. They have two numbers, one for listeners and one for coaches and players. Well they say "Alright next we are going to Eric in Denver. What's on your mind Eric?" There is a pause and the guy on the line, Eric, says "Hey guys" another awkward pause and both the radio guys say, "This is Eric Studesville of the Broncos!" They were both former players of his and knew his voice. He had called in on the listeners line because he said he was listening on his way to work and wanted to call in to talk. Kind of cracked me up that he just called in to talk about his team and the next game, was humble enough to call in with the rest of us schmucks, and laughed off them not knowing who he was right away instead of getting angry.
He didn't say much, but did talk about Tebow's audio from the game. Said that it just shows what kind of player he is saying hes gonna go get a TD and does it. Coach laughed when they brought up Tebows comments about being the only one who runs it there and said that's what Tebow thought but it wasn't the way it was. Said its just his passion for the game and that it is what sets Tebow apart as he ran one in. Studs is a pretty cool guy.

Dzone
12-30-2010, 07:56 PM
hey thats cool that he called in. I think Studs is great. He seems like a guy who lets his assistants do their job. He shows leadership skills. He has a personality and is entertaining, unlike some head coaches. How much of being a head coach is personality and leadership skills? It sure doesnt hurt.

BroncoBJ
12-30-2010, 08:05 PM
:lol: Thats pretty funny. Is there an audio of him calling in? I want to hear it.

honz
12-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Haha. I'm starting to wonder if ES wouldn't make a good head coach if he had good personnel guys around him. Seems like a smart guy and the players supposedly love him. The team is clearly buying in to what he says as we haven't totally collapsed down the stretch.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums