PDA

View Full Version : My fixes

Superchop 7
12-30-2010, 12:14 PM
John Elway- Vice President of football operations ......nice vague title.....keeps him out of trouble......buffer between Ellis and Bowlen.....has a vote in player personnell matters)

Rick Dennison- Head coach....No surprise here....He is a guy that along with John can get the Goodmans back....he is also a guy that can get us a running game (zone blocking) and keep Tebow from getting killed.

Gary Kubiak- assistant head coach....at some point Gary is gone in Houston...probably next year.....he would like to work under Dennison....this is a natural fit.

Brad Childress- Offensive co-ordinator.....knows west coast offense....excellent fit for what Dennison wants to do.

Wade Phillips- Defensive co-ordinator......the past is water under the bridge....we need him badly.....defense has been a joke too long. (John Elway had his "only" 4000 yard season under Wade)

Joe DiCamillis- Special Teams---Will come with Phillips and again....badly needed.

This is a nucleus that can get along......unlike McDaniels......proven professionals.

Traveler
12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
PASS! Too much reliance on past success by individuals who have done nothing worthy of note since leaving here.

Go new! Go experienced! Go in another direction from the old "Bronco Way!"

Superchop 7
12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
PASS! Too much reliance on past success by individuals who have done nothing worthy of note since leaving here.

Go new! Go experienced! Go in another direction from the old "Bronco Way!"

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Admin stated publicly that they wanted to "get back" to Broncos football.

BroncoNut
12-30-2010, 12:31 PM
it is rumored here in Washington that Shanahan is giong to return to the organization with Elway, at least by one drunk bowler I was conversing with last night.

Traveler
12-30-2010, 12:38 PM

I read that too and almost hurled.

We all know that Bronco football over the last 10-12 years has been mediocre at best. Is that really what they want to get back too? I think not!

Superchop 7
12-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Why do you think that new blood equals success?

Pretty sure we just tried that and failed miserably.

shank
12-30-2010, 12:55 PM

probably something to do with coagulation.

Superchop 7
12-30-2010, 12:57 PM
My plan gets us to "top ten" offense and "top ten" defense.

Superchop 7
12-30-2010, 12:59 PM
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about blood clotting. For other meanings see Coagulation (disambiguation). For other meanings of coagulant, see Coagulant (disambiguation).
Coagulation is a complex process by which blood forms clots. It is an important part of hemostasis (the cessation of blood loss from a damaged vessel), wherein a damaged blood vessel wall is covered by a platelet and fibrin-containing clot to stop bleeding and begin repair of the damaged vessel. Disorders of coagulation can lead to an increased risk of bleeding (hemorrhage) or obstructive clotting (thrombosis).

Traveler
12-30-2010, 01:08 PM

Ah, Ah, Ah! Putting words in my mouth.

All I'm saying is that your suggestion to bringing in all those individuals from the Broncos past weren't that successful during the last 10-12 years.

What makes you think returning to that will be more successful this time?

I am suggesting is that the team bring in new people with a successful and established history of doing the jobs they'd be hired for. That still doesn't guarantee success to be sure. But it does beat the inexperienced we just survived these past two years.

PAINTERDAVE
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Ah, Ah, Ah! Putting words in my mouth.

All I'm saying is that your suggestion to bringing in all those individuals from the Broncos past weren't that successful during the last 10-12 years.

What makes you think returning to that will be more successful this time?

I am suggesting is that the team bring in new people with a successful and established history of doing the jobs they'd be hired for. That still doesn't guarantee success to be sure. But it does beat the inexperienced we just survived these past two years.

If you call it survival...

Spiritguy
12-30-2010, 01:40 PM

Question I have is, what exactly does that mean? Is it regurgetating
the old mngt, coaches, blocking scheme etc... or getting back to being respected, winning and leading the division? :confused:

Spiritguy
12-30-2010, 01:45 PM

I agree Traveler, I think this is the direction the team needs to go. Should start to see how this plays out in a few weeks or so.

Traveler
12-30-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree Traveler, I think this is the direction the team needs to go. Should start to see how this plays out in a few weeks or so.

Hate to say I'm already disappointed, but I am.

Spiritguy
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
stiff upper lip and all that. :listen: I can only hope they mean getting back to dominating the conference and doing so by bringing in the new guys that can get it done. It will be disappointing if they go back to all the old coaches etc...

D. Moore
12-30-2010, 03:05 PM
IMO and dont take it personal your fixes would do nothing but bring misery all over again. I do like Phillips as D cord. But I think its best we go back to a 4-3 we just dont have enough good LBs and a stout DL. I cant understand why Kubes is even being considered as HC after his debacle in houston and ive never seen Dennison as an bonafide HC that would be Mcdaniels all over again. I say do whatever possible to land Jeff Fisher. Fisher would change the whole mentality at Dove Valley and get away from this finesse crap for the last 10yrs.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

DenBronx
12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Two things Chop.

1. Kubiak will stay in Houston. The owner is still very high on him as reported yesterday Jason Lacanfora. The offense is actually doing very well but they will shake things on on defense and give it one more try.

2. Wade Phillips is being considered/rumored to be the next DC in Houston.

So that leaves Dennison and Childress??? Childress isn't that great of a play caller to me to be OC.

Lancane
12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Two things Chop.

1. Kubiak will stay in Houston. The owner is still very high on him as reported yesterday Jason Lacanfora. The offense is actually doing very well but they will shake things on on defense and give it one more try.

2. Wade Phillips is being considered/rumored to be the next DC in Houston.

So that leaves Dennison and Childress??? Childress isn't that great of a play caller to me to be OC.

Kubiak is safe in Houston and Wade Phillips is expected to be announced as the new defensive coordinator in Houston within a few days of the Texans' last game of the season.

Childress is a possibility as the offensive coordinator here in Denver, especially if Ron Rivera is named Head Coach. Studesville who knows Rivera as well could likewise be returning under him. If Rivera is hired we would also likely see Charger's Defensive Backs Coach Steven Wilks named Defensive Coordinator.