PDA

View Full Version : If we still had Tony Scheffler

cardoso
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
How huge would Scheffler be for Tebow? A great catching tight end that tebow could rely on as a security blanket and/or another option down the field!

Damn you mcdummy!!!!

i don't even want to think of how Hillis would have helped :argh::argh::frusty::ranger:

BroncoNut
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
aw man.

Traveler
12-30-2010, 11:55 AM
aw man.

Swiper no swiping!

Seriously though, woulda, coulda IMO. Scheff could never stay healthy during his time with us so I'm not so sure if he'd help on a consistent basis.

BroncoNut
12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Swiper no swiping!

Seriously though, woulda, coulda IMO. Scheff could never stay healthy during his time with us so I'm not so sure if he'd help on a consistent basis.

kinda agree there with what I remember. great catcher w/o a doubt

Dreadnought
12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Swiper no swiping!

:lol::lol::lol:

You can always tell the fathers of small children when they break out the Dora the Explorer catch phrases.. I disagree on Scheffler's fragility though; he actually missed remarkably few games given this rap on him. Its become almost an Urban legend. And yeah, he could have been murderously effective in a Tebow-led offense, esp. if we can successfully move further away from the 3 WR spread offense Mcd was so enamoured of.

Superchop 7
12-30-2010, 12:17 PM
You could put a flyer out on Nate Jackson.....(begin flaming)

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 12:49 PM

You can always tell the fathers of small children when they break out the Dora the Explorer catch phrases.. I disagree on Scheffler's fragility though; he actually missed remarkably few games given this rap on him. Its become almost an Urban legend. And yeah, he could have been murderously effective in a Tebow-led offense, esp. if we can successfully move further away from the 3 WR spread offense Mcd was so enamoured of.

Even if Scheffler were still here we could still run a lot of three receiver sets because he would be a match up problem for most defenses.

No offense Cardoso but I don't think does us any good to lament over Scheffler because we can't change the fact he's not here.

GEM
12-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Could of, would of and should of.....well we can't so let's move ******* on because it just pisses us all off to sit and dwell on all of it.

LTC Pain
12-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Could of, would of and should of.....well we can't so let's move ******* on because it just pisses us all off to sit and dwell on all of it.

Not so dorkish.... :salute:

Traveler
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM

Tell us what you really mean GEM. ;) I hear you though.

BeefStew25
12-30-2010, 01:54 PM
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2010, 01:59 PM

Scheffler didn't miss a lot of whole games, but he was always getting dinged up and missing a half here or a half there, or 2 series here, 2 series there.

It's not as bad as some make it, but he wasn't on the field as much as he needed to be either.

BroncoJoe
12-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Move along. Nothing to see here.

GEM
12-30-2010, 02:30 PM

Take it to the lounge, beef.

robert ethan
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm sure he is the missing ingredient.:rolleyes:

DenBronx
12-30-2010, 03:03 PM
I'd love to see Zach Miller here. I don't think Oakland will let him walk but anything could happen.

Especially if Gruden came here. :laugh:

bcbronc
12-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Scheffler has to go down as one of the most overrated former Broncos of all time.

ya he was athletic. full stop.

honz
12-30-2010, 04:24 PM
There are a lot of Scheffler's in this league and probably 4 or 5 of them coming out in this draft. They aren't all 6'6", but receiving TE's are a dime a dozen anymore.

broncofaninfla
12-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I liked Shef, I remember some pretty damn good catches and coming through in the clutch. We certainly currently don't have anybody as dangerous as he is in the passing game. I know it's would've, could've, should've but it would be nice to have Shef right now. McCoy is doing a pretty good job adjusting Mcd's system to match Tebow's skill set. A good pass catching TE will be needed for 2011.

BroncoStud
12-30-2010, 07:45 PM
I didn't think Tony was all that great and he was seemingly always on the injury report. There are better options out there.

atwater27
12-30-2010, 08:19 PM

ants have tiny balls.

BroncoBJ
12-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Tim Tebow doesn't need Scheffler to succeed. :elefant:

Dzone
12-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Scheffler is a journeyman TE on his second stop of many...before his career is over, he will probably have played for 5 or 6 teams...
Why would anyone lament the loss of scheffler? He's skinny and cant beat his way out of a paper saCK

atwater27
12-30-2010, 09:17 PM
He's skinny and cant beat his way out of a paper saCK

???

I Eat Staples
12-30-2010, 09:22 PM
A better title for this thread would be "If we never hired McDumbass."

Dzone
12-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Sorry, I was being a little facetious there