PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd: McDaniels might still be here if he started Tebow

JONtheBRONCO
12-29-2010, 11:24 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/29/brandon-lloyd-mcdaniels-may-still-be-coach-if-he-went-to-tim-tebow/

BeefStew25
12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Rod Smith retired.

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah McDaniels might have survived to the end of the season but I don't think it would have gone beyond that.

JONtheBRONCO
12-29-2010, 11:41 PM
“It’s not Tebow’s place to say anything to the team because he’s still a rookie,” Lloyd said via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “He’s a rookie, we are the veterans on the team, and our veterans speak. Brian Dawkins speaks . . . What I find funny about the whole Tebow thing is how well his passion has translated to the fans. We feel it as the players, but at the same time, he’s just another player to us. He’s not how the public views him and not how you guys view him as being the instant leader. . . . There’s no animosity towards his popularity. “

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-tim-tebow/

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 11:53 PM
“It’s not Tebow’s place to say anything to the team because he’s still a rookie,” Lloyd said via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “He’s a rookie, we are the veterans on the team, and our veterans speak. Brian Dawkins speaks . . . What I find funny about the whole Tebow thing is how well his passion has translated to the fans. We feel it as the players, but at the same time, he’s just another player to us. He’s not how the public views him and not how you guys view him as being the instant leader. . . . There’s no animosity towards his popularity. “

This excerpt comes off as some what adversarial to me. It doesn't mean that it is but it does come across that way imo.

Northman
12-29-2010, 11:54 PM
I dont know if his tenure hinged on starting Tebow. Probably had more to do with lack of winning, lack of direction, and lack of character.

DenBronx
12-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Llyod has been very vocal as of late. The last guy to really say what he felt to the media was Shannon Sharpe. Every kind of dodges and ducks the questions but I like when a guy is just blunt sometimes even regarding his own team.

BeefStew25
12-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Llyod has been very vocal as of late. The last guy to really say what he felt to the media was Shannon Sharpe. Every kind of dodges and ducks the questions but I like when a guy is just blunt sometimes even regarding his own team.

Like when a guy just says screw it and open mouth kisses you. I get that.

The Glue Factory
12-29-2010, 11:58 PM

And he did it with a flair and humor that will not be seen in Denver for a very long time. :(

DenBronx
12-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Like when a guy just says screw it and open mouth kisses you. I get that.

glad you're on board....i think...

And he did it with a flair and humor that will not be seen in Denver for a very long time. :(

yep, I miss that guy! he was a game changer! it would be nice to find a pass catching TE like that for Tebow as a security blanket.

jhildebrand
12-30-2010, 12:06 AM

I caught his interview on 87.7 tonight and thought he was not only vocal but not his usual self. He almost seemed to have a bravado about him or a chip on his shoulder. It all seemed to lack the authenticity i have grown accustomed to from Lloyd being on the FAN all the time.

DenBronx
12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
I caught his interview on 87.7 tonight and thought he was not only vocal but not his usual self. He almost seemed to have a bravado about him or a chip on his shoulder. It all seemed to lack the authenticity i have grown accustomed to from Lloyd being on the FAN all the time.

He has played with a huge chip on his shoulder this year. Kinda like he's angry after he catches the ball. Whatever is motivating this guy I want it to continue. He is by far our best WR right now and I hope we can keep him happy as a Bronco.

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 12:15 AM
He has played with a huge chip on his shoulder this year. Kinda like he's angry after he catches the ball. Whatever is motivating this guy I want it to continue. He is by far our best WR right now and I hope we can keep him happy as a Bronco.

Only if we can keep Beef from hittin on him. :D

BeefStew25
12-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Only if we can keep Beef from hittin on him. :D

He seems like a progessive man. He probably even believes in ethanol.

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM

Maybe so but that doesn't mean his door swing your way. :D

DenBronx
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM

I hear he's a huge Oprah fan.

BeefStew25
12-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Maybe so but that doesn't mean his door swing your way. :D

Lets just give it time. Maybe PM him for me.

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Lets just give it time. Maybe PM him for me.

Ah no.

honz
12-30-2010, 12:56 AM
When did this become AnalyzeEveryWordLloydSaysForums.com?

hamrob
12-30-2010, 02:34 AM
This excerpt comes off as some what adversarial to me. It doesn't mean that it is but it does come across that way imo.

I agree. Lloyd is a Orton Guzzler. He played with Orton in Chicago and he's loyal to Orton now. Orton is the reason he has his great stats.

Lloyd needs to either understand that Tebow is the Leader of this team...or hit the highway! We have Thomas and Decker waiting in the wings!

scott.475
12-30-2010, 11:00 AM
So, I take from this that we are to listen to a 9 year veteran who, until this year, never really did much tell us that a rookie, any rookie, no matter how good he is playing at the pro level, can't say anything to the team just because he is a rookie? I totally understand a rookie giving veterans their due, but find it a little laughable that this is coming from Lloyd.

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
When did this become AnalyzeEveryWordLloydSaysForums.com?

Yesterday the name was changed. Tned just hasn't changed the name of forum yet.

What Lloyd said comes across as abrasive/maybe even a little combative to me. Some people have a little harsher criticism than I do but that's their take on it.

T.K.O.
12-30-2010, 12:45 PM
i think brandon is just saying that the team has not gone all gaga over a kid who has started 2 games.
and that the public perception of him is nothing like the way he is seen by the team.
he's still a rook,and he needs to stay grounded.
makes a lot of sense to me and i dont see it as a "slam" in any way:salute:

LTC Pain
12-30-2010, 12:58 PM
i think brandon is just saying that the team has not gone all gaga over a kid who has started 2 games.
and that the public perception of him is nothing like the way he is seen by the team.

Nail on head :beer:

RyanC
12-30-2010, 01:58 PM

Decide for yourself, Tebow miced up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t8QnCNPwfs&feature=player_embedded#!

"theres only one person that carries the ball right here" right before he runs it in for the go-ahead touchdown. I'd say that's some pretty impressive leadership period, it's ridiculously impressive for a rookie in his second start.

nevcraw
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM

I see it somewhat similarly.. I took it as Tebow knows his place on the team behind the vets like Dawk. He's not running shit yet like maybe the fans are thinking.. and his work ethic is apreciated by the team but he's not a source of envy..