PDA

View Full Version : I hate Tim Tebow...

honz
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
That's what I would have said a year ago today...but now I love the guy and he even inspires me to want to try harder and be better at the things that I do. What is it about this guy that is so polarizing? Does this make me a bandwagon Tebow fan? I've always prided myself on not being a bandwagoner, but I may have crossed the line. Anyone else that couldn't stand Tebow and his holier than thou stuff last year, but absolutely loves him now? I'm feeling so confused and conflicted.

Northman
No, your just Honz. Quick joking around bitch.

BroncoNut
That's what I would have said a year ago today...but now I love the guy and he even inspires me to want to try harder and be better at the things that I do. What is it about this guy that is so polarizing? Does this make me a bandwagon Tebow fan? I've always prided myself on not being a bandwagoner, but I may have crossed the line. Anyone else that couldn't stand Tebow and his holier than thou stuff last year, but absolutely loves him now? I'm feeling so confused and conflicted.

I dont' know if it makes you a bandwagoner, but it sure makes you ghey

honz
12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Serious post is serious post...

I Eat Staples
12-29-2010, 03:32 PM

You should know which way you swing by now.

Tned
12-29-2010, 03:51 PM

Not sure how serious this is meant to be, but I will answer as if serious.

I don't judge players by their off field stuff. I could care less if someone is a christian or atheist. Short of them being a pedophile, rapist or similar, I don't really care what they do off the field if they produce on the field. Their personal life is their business, as mine is mine. I do think it's a bonus when they make an effort to help others, help the community they live in.

So, I would never have an issue with a person for being religious (or not). I would only have a problem with someone if I didn't think they were what the team needed (for instance my feeling that Orton wasn't/isn't good enough to win games, only not lose them in the right system).

I know a lot of other people put as much, or more, emphasis on player's private lives and off field activities. Each to their own. I take the same approach with actors. I know people that won't watch movies or TV shows featuring activist-actors, who use their stardom to show their political views down your throat. I compartmentalize and don't care about that when choosing whether or not to watch their on screen work.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I am the same way Tned. I like Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, even though I probalby do not agree with them on political and spirtitual issues.

SR
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
What did Jagsbch slip you in your morning coffee?

gatorpower
12-29-2010, 03:58 PM
What did Jagsbch slip you in your morning coffee?

It was Tebrew

I Eat Staples
12-29-2010, 04:01 PM

I don't judge players by their off field stuff. I could care less if someone is a christian or atheist. Short of them being a pedophile, rapist or similar, I don't really care what they do off the field if they produce on the field. Their personal life is their business, as mine is mine. I do think it's a bonus when they make an effort to help others, help the community they live in.

So, I would never have an issue with a person for being religious (or not). I would only have a problem with someone if I didn't think they were what the team needed (for instance my feeling that Orton wasn't/isn't good enough to win games, only not lose them in the right system).

I know a lot of other people put as much, or more, emphasis on player's private lives and off field activities. Each to their own. I take the same approach with actors. I know people that won't watch movies or TV shows featuring activist-actors, who use their stardom to show their political views down your throat. I compartmentalize and don't care about that when choosing whether or not to watch their on screen work.

Hell, if they produce on the field, I don't even care if they are a pedophile or rapist.

LTC Pain
12-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Hang on now. Those of you who are saying that you don't care about the off-field stuff. Don't you think that negative player/coach activity, conduct, etc. reflects on the Broncos organization, even a little bit?

DenBronx
12-29-2010, 04:09 PM

are these the same feelings you had when you decided to come out of the closet?

then yes ...not only are you gay but you love tebow.

honz
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM

It's not the religious stuff that got me, simply the way he carried himself and talked...annoyed the heck out of me. That's what I meant by holier than thou.

honz
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Great gay jokes, guys.

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 04:24 PM

I wouldn't have ever said I hated the guy, but I did say I didn't want Denver to draft him. Now that he's here I want him to succeed.

Dreadnought
12-29-2010, 04:27 PM
It's not the religious stuff that got me, simply the way he carried himself and talked...annoyed the heck out of me. That's what I meant by holier than thou.

Doesn't bother me a jot if he actually lives his life that way. Then I salute him for it.

DenBronx
12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Great gay jokes, guys.

i would high 5 you bro but half the boards already did! :D

MasterShake
12-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I think Tebow has that Philip Rivers factor except the opposite end of the personality spectrum. You hate him on other teams, but love him on yours. I never follow college football so I had no basis of hatred or liking him until after our season tanked.

Day1BroncoFan
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Never had as issue with Tebow. I do care about what players do off the field to some degree. I don't care if they contribute to charities or what not, although it is a plus. I do care if they are out raping, beating or driving drunk type of stuff.

Dzone
12-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Its pretty dang cool to have people in sports who inspire others to make the world a better place.

honz
12-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Doesn't bother me a jot if he actually lives his life that way. Then I salute him for it.

I know he's a good guy, truly, and I do salute him for that, but he just rubbed me the wrong way. Like he was rubbing our noses in how great he is or something...then again if that bothers me, maybe it's my problem and not his. I really am confused by this...trying to analyze my change of feelings about the guy.

I Eat Staples
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I know he's a good guy, truly, and I do salute him for that, but he just rubbed me the wrong way. Like he was rubbing our noses in how great he is or something...then again if that bothers me, maybe it's my problem and not his. I really am confused by this...trying to analyze my change of feelings about the guy.

Just get a beer and cheer him on as long as he's our starter.

GEM
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Hell, if they produce on the field, I don't even care if they are a pedophile or rapist.

:tsk: Sorry, but I don't give a shit if they can hand me a Super Bowl win on a silver platter. Pedophiles can rot.

Dzone
12-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Yep, people who resent Tebow for being a good guy have some internal issues themselves that they need to deal with
:confused:

Day1BroncoFan
12-29-2010, 04:51 PM

It's because he's a winner and everyone wants to hang with a winner. :nod:

I Eat Staples
12-29-2010, 05:00 PM
:tsk: Sorry, but I don't give a shit if they can hand me a Super Bowl win on a silver platter. Pedophiles can rot.

I agree but...I don't think I can turn down that super bowl on a silver platter.

I'd have no objections to seeing them rot after we win the super bowl though. :lol:

robert ethan
12-29-2010, 05:03 PM
..that's because he is. By a WIDE margin. Not to mention richer than thou, better looking than thou, and a lot more popular than thou. Deal with it.

shank
12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
..that's because he is. By a WIDE margin.

i concede, without hesitation. tebow makes most people look like douchebags, me included. the thing is, i'm ok with that. honz, you need to embrace your douchiness in order to embrace your teboner.

I Eat Staples
12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
..that's because he is. By a WIDE margin. Not to mention richer than thou, better looking than thou, and a lot more popular than thou. Deal with it.

I shall dispute this.

Okay, I'm lying, Tebow is one sexy dude.

PAINTERDAVE
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I know he's a good guy, truly, and I do salute him for that,
but he just rubbed me the wrong way. Like he was rubbing our noses in how great he is or something...
then again if that bothers me, maybe it's my problem and not his. I really am confused by this...
trying to analyze my change of feelings about the guy.

Very perceptive. Everything the guy says is done in a humble way...
he does not judge and he does not make it about things outside of himself.

To his critics... he has no animosity... the criticism is irrelevant to who he is.

A self starter - he admittidly strives to prove his critics wrong -
but he does not make their criticism a focal point of his existance.

Someone who hates him... that is about who THEY are.

Like you said, Honz, if you felt like he was rubbing your nose in something...
maybe that is your deal... not really about him.

I have come to similar conclusions in my world. Having gone through a lifestyle destroying divorce,
enduring protracted legal troubles,
looking to the future and striving to be the best person I can be FOR MYSELF....

I have come to realize that by suspending judgement in my own life...
it frees me from the judgement of others.
I understand that blowing out the flame of anothers candle
will not make mine burn brighter in the darkness.

See that guy over there? I dont know what paths have led him to this place.
I've never walked a mile in his mocasins. I dont KNOW him or what makes him tick.
Who am I to call him names or cast him in a bad light?

And those who judge me, though they do not know me? This is simple and beautiful...

IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS WHAT THEY THINK OF ME.

Understanding that... free's me from their petty proclamations and juvenile snap judgements.

That is what so many people do. They take one look at you and size you up. In a snap...
they judge you and wrap you up and cram you into a little box with a label attached.
They then place the box upon a shelf and feel good about themselves, by judging others.
In judgement they find COMFORT.

I choose not to be this way any longer. I choose happiness.
I choose to suspend judgement and expectations.
I choose to accept reality. I accept people for who they are... who they choose to be.
I accept a situation for what it is... and what my part is in it.
I accept reality... as it is, instead of how I wish it was.

So.. at the end of my ramble... I applaud you, Honz, for looking inward and searching your soul.

Experiences shape the man, yet do not dictate his future.

BroncoStud
12-29-2010, 06:04 PM
I always liked watching him play. He was demonized by the media who hope to see people like him fail. It would be interesting how he would be perceived if he didn't proclaim his religious beliefs so openly.

Tim is one of the greatest rolemodels in professional sports. I wish him nothing but the best as people like him who give so much of themsevles deserve nothing but the best out of life.

zbeg
12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I always liked watching him play. He was demonized by the media who hope to see people like him fail. It would be interesting how he would be perceived if he didn't proclaim his religious beliefs so openly.

I think that last part was the key. Because he was so open about his religious beliefs and aggressively advertised them, it created a polarizing effect. There was the big hubbub about him running an anti-abortion ad during the Super Bowl last year, which is political and religious, and unabashedly so (the ad turned out to be not that controversial once it was aired, but by then the damage had been done).

I don't care what your beliefs are. If you want to believe in the Christian god, or Allah (well, they're actually the same entity and "Allah" is just the Arabic word for the Christian/Jewish/Muslim god but most people don't realize that) or if you believe in multiple gods or an angry sheep god or a benign sheep god or no god or whatever, that's cool with me. I just don't want to hear about it.

But when you start telling me at every opportunity that you worship the angry sheep god, and maybe you start telling me that if I don't, fiery wool will rain down upon me, then I have a problem.

Tebow was bordering on the edge of that kind of behavior, and it was polarizing as a result. Sometimes I hear people say things like "people can't stand a winner and that's why they wanted him to fail so badly," while failing to identify that Tebow was engaging in behavior that some people find distasteful.

I think Tebow's done a very good job of keeping things to himself now that he's gotten to the NFL, or at least done so to a degree that doesn't cross the threshold of being distasteful, but the damage has been done for a lot of people, and they aren't going to like him based on the way he behaved in college. Eh, it happens. Some people's opinions will change about him over time, and some won't (much in the way that I still talk to people who don't forgive John Elway for demanding a trade from the Colts - some people get locked into an opinion and never ever change).

But that's my viewpoint on why Tebow was polarizing. I'm glad he's with the Broncos and I'm excited to see what he can do on the field, but I also realize that if he had been drafted by any other team, it would have taken a lot longer for me to be so firmly in support of him.

Juriga72
12-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Hang on now. Those of you who are saying that you don't care about the off-field stuff. Don't you think that negative player/coach activity, conduct, etc. reflects on the Broncos organization, even a little bit?

Yeah.. because with all our "Good guys" this year we have had arrests for:

DUI
rape
battery

So yeah....... It already looks bad with "Good guys" getting arrested. Didnt we get rid of a "Bad guy"?

lgenf
12-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Sorry for the long post, but it seems this may be the topic for it.

Yes I love TT (not for his views or his life choices, but rather his performance for a team that I love and cheer for as an alumni, although it does make it easier to cheer for him then say someone that may being buying 16 yr old hookers in the off-season or getting busted for DUI or doing drugs or beating his wife) and no this is not in support of him - just giving some FL perspective

Don't forget TT went to school in the heartland of FL, a bible belt area and one of the reasons his views on religion were always brought up. No Joke, once you get out of South FL the anti-abortion billboards are all over the higway. You combine that with the story of TT (in case you don't know, his mother was having a difficult pregnancy and as a missionary in a foreign country was advised to abort TT and since she already had other children it was viewed as a safety issue. She didn't and the rest is history. It was a way for many in the media to take or push him one way or another depending on their slant (either they loved his views and agreed with them, or hated his views and hiim for putting them in their face)

Many people that do not take the time to understand his story (entire story) may choose to look at him the same way as posted above by the OP, before they ever know him, because of what they have been limited to in some of his over exposure do to his success at UF and winning 2 national champs and a heisman while there.

Now I know the Teboites that ambushed this site (me being one) may not have made it easy on many that have been Broncos fans for years and years, but that may be a clue as to how infectious tebowitis is once you catch it.

hope this helps and doesn't hurt anyones feelings

PAINTERDAVE
12-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Heck, no. Thanks for your take on it.

atwater27
12-29-2010, 08:50 PM
The title of this thread is ghey.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2010, 08:57 PM
The title of this thread is ghey.

I know... you were totally fired up to come on in and pile on, huh? :D;)

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 09:13 PM
I have absolutely loved Tebow as a player since his sophomore year at Florida. Don't really care about any of the off the field stuff with him, other than his work ethic. I just loved to watch him play at Florida and I couldn't have been happier when we drafted him.

broncofaninfla
12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
My college team is the Noles, I've always pulled against Tebow being he was a Gator, I'm lovin me some Tebow now though. This team now has the leader they have lacked since #7 retired.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2010, 09:42 PM
My college team is the Noles, I've always pulled against Tebow being he was a Gator, I'm lovin me some Tebow now though. This team now has the leader they have lacked since #7 retired.

I'm a 'Nole fan, too. I absolutely hated playing against this dude every year. He's just one of those guys that you're either for him or against him. There's really no gray area. Love him when he's your guy, hate him when he plays for the other team. He's like the bizarro Bill Romanowski (meaning Tebow is a saint compared to Romo's sinner). Both guys are easy to love and easy to hate...

From the second they announced his name last year at the draft, I've been on the wagon. After seeing how hard this guy plays I wanted him to be a Bronco, even if it was just as the water boy. I've never seen a more complete player on and off the field. Hate him as a player all you want, but he's impossible not to like and respect as a person, at least as far as I'm concerned. I'm stoked he's here and have the utmost faith that he is the future of this franchise.

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 10:34 PM
I agree but...I don't think I can turn down that super bowl on a silver platter.

I'd have no objections to seeing them rot after we win the super bowl though. :lol:

I don't see one iota of humor in that at all. A Super Bowl title isn't worth destroying a child's life.

I Eat Staples
12-30-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't see one iota of humor in that at all. A Super Bowl title isn't worth destroying a child's life.

Sometimes you have to get off your high horse and take a joke.

Dzone
12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
So excellent to see this kid prove people wrong.
Its going to be good seeing someone else besides Peyton Manning on all those goofy TV commercials. Tebow's is on his way to becoming the most popular player in the NFL

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Sometimes you have to get off your high horse and take a joke.

Rape, and pedophilia have nothing to do with being on a high horse.

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 11:01 AM
When Tebow's name was called I was certainly disappointed. For me, the investment was simply too much. I still feel this team spent way more than it needed to considering they could have simply drafted him in the spot they took DT. However, I will also be the first to admit that it was well worth the picks if he succeeds.

A long time ago I heard Bill Parcells philosophy on drafting QB's. He always looked for 5th year seniors who graduated, had their team in the national title picture, and competed in big games. Tebow fits the bill.

Once Tebow got to Denver and I got to hear more from him, I understood all the rah rah criticism of the guy. I recall a quote this summer where he made it clear that his goal was to win over the team and locker room and the rest will follow. It seems to be happening before our eyes.

Going forward I am excited to see what Tebow can do Sunday and next season as the starter. I don't care about his mechanics and all the other alleged stuff he can't do. I care about what he can do and so far that seems to be lead the team even down by 17!

Finally, those that mock him for his views and devout spirtuality, just know that can't hurt the team especially on a global scale. Tim Tebow could be the biggest ambassador for the Broncos EVER (yes bigger than Elway).

I am on the Tebow wagon!

Ravage!!!
12-31-2010, 11:11 AM
I get tired of people telling me I don't like him because of his spiritual beliefs.

The truth is, I WANT Tebow to succeed, because I like the guy and the BRONCOS need him to succeed.

But if I feel that a guy like Luck would be better for the Broncos, that is NOT because I hate/dislike Tebow. Its because I like the Broncos.

Why is it, that if you like another QB, you dislike Tebow? How is that one-in-the-same? :confused: I want Tebow to succeed because he's our QB, but if we had Luck on the team, I would want HIM to succeed because he's a Bronco.

Some are so invested in the person, that they take anything other than raining praise as an insult. If I compliment Luck, I'm disrespecting Tebow. Just because I don't believe Tebow will ever be the pure passer that a team needs in the NFL to succeed, doesn't mean I don't like the person (or because I don't like his religious beliefs).

Seems that if you don't have absolute praise for everything he does, you are labeled a hater or there is reasons for the critiques that don't have to do with his play.. i mean.. it HAS to be his religion, right? Can't possibly be anything else.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-31-2010, 11:37 AM
I get tired of people telling me I don't like him because of his spiritual beliefs.

The truth is, I WANT Tebow to succeed, because I like the guy and the BRONCOS need him to succeed.

But if I feel that a guy like Luck would be better for the Broncos, that is NOT because I hate/dislike Tebow. Its because I like the Broncos.

Why is it, that if you like another QB, you dislike Tebow? How is that one-in-the-same? :confused: I want Tebow to succeed because he's our QB, but if we had Luck on the team, I would want HIM to succeed because he's a Bronco.

Some are so invested in the person, that they take anything other than raining praise as an insult. If I compliment Luck, I'm disrespecting Tebow. Just because I don't believe Tebow will ever be the pure passer that a team needs in the NFL to succeed, doesn't mean I don't like the person (or because I don't like his religious beliefs).

Seems that if you don't have absolute praise for everything he does, you are labeled a hater or there is reasons for the critiques that don't have to do with his play.. i mean.. it HAS to be his religion, right? Can't possibly be anything else.

I do not think you are a hater! You just have not given him a chance. Yet you already know that Luck would be better or more suited to take us to the next level, without considering Tebow. You do not believe in Tebow, fine. Will you at least consider this, if he carries us to a much better year next year, would you then like him as the Broncos QB? Would you say, yes we made a great pick? If all this happens (which I think it will), I will come back and remember this thread next year, you know I will and I will be surprised by your answer maybe you will be too. God Speed Go Broncos!

Ravage!!!
12-31-2010, 12:01 PM
I do not think you are a hater! You just have not given him a chance. Yet you already know that Luck would be better or more suited to take us to the next level, without considering Tebow. You do not believe in Tebow, fine. Will you at least consider this, if he carries us to a much better year next year, would you then like him as the Broncos QB? Would you say, yes we made a great pick? If all this happens (which I think it will), I will come back and remember this thread next year, you know I will and I will be surprised by your answer maybe you will be too. God Speed Go Broncos!

again.. I WANT Tebow to do well. I WANT him to succeed. I absolutely, 100% root for the guy. There is nothing to dislike about him, and I don't dislike him. He makes the Broncos more interesting to watch right now for sure.

But if you are asking me why I believe Luck is the better choice...its simple. I want the BRONCOS to have the absolute best QB that they can have. In the NFL, thats the sure-fire way to succeed and be CONTINUED contenders is by having a top QB. That QB MUST be a passer. Above anything else, he has to be a superior passer in the NFL. Luck is rated as the BEST QB to come out of College since Elway. SINCE ELWAY (Elway has the highest rating of any player ever to come out). This kid isn't considered a 'maybe.' He's not considered a project. He's not considered a "might." He's considered to be about as sure of a thing as you can have in the NFL, AND he can run, AND he has a photographic memory. Some are going to come back and say "yeah, but we never know in the NFL." True, but they don't hand out ratings like this to just any player.

That to me, spells success. That would be the ABSOLUTE best thing for the Broncos. It would be the best thing for ANY team that doesn't have Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ryan, or Rothlesburger (and maybe Bradford).

So its not that I don't want to give Tebow a chance, because I will. I know we aren't going to get Luck. I know we don't have a chance for Luck. But if I had a CHOICE, I would absolutely take Luck and KNOW that we have the franchise QB.. and maybe the franchise QB of the decade.. on our team. Thats HUGE for any team.

Plus, come on. It would absolutely be AWESOME to have the NEXT "Elway", from Stanford, endorsed by Elway, to come back and rule the AFC West again.

frauschieze
12-31-2010, 12:05 PM

I don't think that's true at all, and that's why Rav posted his rant. He simply has a different opinion on what's necessary for longterm success at the QB position. That doesn't reflect badly on Tebow. Nor does it mean that he should give Tebow "a chance". He's stated that as long as Tebow is the QB of the Broncos, he'll support him. Why can't that be good enough? Why does he have to buy in lock, stock and barrel?

JaxBroncoGirl
12-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I respect your stance. We will agree to disagree. I still think Tebow will take us to the next level IF we can get a good coaching staff in place.....If not, I will still be here next year and we will see how you feel about the QB.

Really do mean my statement about Respecting your stance.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2010, 12:09 PM
It is not even for sure that Luck will leave Stanford and enter the draft. What if he does, and there is not football in 2011 - he has lost his senior year in college for nothing.

BroncoJoe
12-31-2010, 12:26 PM
It is not even for sure that Luck will leave Stanford and enter the draft. What if he does, and there is not football in 2011 - he has lost his senior year in college for nothing.

Speculation is he will stay for another year at Stanford.

EMB6903
12-31-2010, 12:43 PM
ya the only way I see Luck leaving is if Harbough accepts a HC job somewhere else. Otherwise hes staying to get a degree and a shot at a national title.

But on Thursday, a Stanford source told me this: "If Andrew Luck had to make his decision today as to whether he would stay or go to the NFL, he'd say he was staying in school."

The source - who is heavily involved with the Stanford football program and sees Luck every day - said that statement doesn't mean that Luck has ruled out declaring himself eligible for the 2011 NFL draft. But the source said he "knew" Luck was leaning toward staying at Stanford at this moment, as the big quarterback with the big arm prepares for Monday's Orange Bowl showdown with ACC champion Virginia Tech.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/31/1945446/source-luck-in-no-hurry-to-turn.html#ixzz19iEHwssI

Ravage!!!
12-31-2010, 12:50 PM

Its not like he will leave for nothing. He'll still be the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft. He can always get his degree.

Bradford and Leinart are perfect examples, and just happened recently, as to why you don't pass on that chance.

Leinart was they consensus #1 pick, and decided to go back for one more National Championship. Instead, he was picked 10th after having a sub year.

Bradford went back, and sustained an injury early in the season, and got EXTREMELY lucky to be picked #1 overall, when the injury just as easily taken him out of the first round all-together had it been just a bit more severe.

Luck would be foolish not to declare now, and still get his degree later. Many NFL players have done it.

So although its speculation that he may not come out.... he's going to have a LOT of advice telling him just how stupid it would be to pass this up.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Rape, and pedophilia have nothing to do with being on a high horse.

Sorry if I offended you, try not to get too worked up over what I post. I'm usually not 100% serious if you didn't notice.

TXBRONC
12-31-2010, 01:53 PM
When Tebow's name was called I was certainly disappointed. For me, the investment was simply too much. I still feel this team spent way more than it needed to considering they could have simply drafted him in the spot they took DT. However, I will also be the first to admit that it was well worth the picks if he succeeds.

A long time ago I heard Bill Parcells philosophy on drafting QB's. He always looked for 5th year seniors who graduated, had their team in the national title picture, and competed in big games. Tebow fits the bill.

Once Tebow got to Denver and I got to hear more from him, I understood all the rah rah criticism of the guy. I recall a quote this summer where he made it clear that his goal was to win over the team and locker room and the rest will follow. It seems to be happening before our eyes.

Going forward I am excited to see what Tebow can do Sunday and next season as the starter. I don't care about his mechanics and all the other alleged stuff he can't do. I care about what he can do and so far that seems to be lead the team even down by 17!

Finally, those that mock him for his views and devout spirtuality, just know that can't hurt the team especially on a global scale. Tim Tebow could be the biggest ambassador for the Broncos EVER (yes bigger than Elway).

I am on the Tebow wagon!

I was going say that if Tebow becomes the franchise quarterback we all hope becomes then the picks were well worth it but I noticed as I was reading along you already said that so here's to you J. :beer: :salute:

MileHiWildcat
12-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Luck is sooooo ridiculously overrated. He had the best line in the Pac-10, giving him all day to throw, a good running game, and great receivers. He is Matt Leinert v2.0.

WARHORSE
12-31-2010, 07:06 PM
All I know is Im glad to hear 'bandwagoner' used in a sentence again.

EMB6903
12-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Luck is sooooo ridiculously overrated. He had the best line in the Pac-10, giving him all day to throw, a good running game, and great receivers. He is Matt Leinert v2.0.

Hating on Luck because he has a good supporting cast?

How about how he actually plays?

Ravage!!!
12-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Hating on Luck because he has a good supporting cast?

How about how he actually plays?

:beer:

I guess all those scouts, who have been watching players for their lifetime, never thought to think about how the OL is playing. I guess they just didn't watch Luck play. :lol: Seems if he has the highest rating SINCE Elway, we would have seen some other players get a rating we haven't seen in the last 27 years! No no no.. its alllllll because of his OL!!! :lol:

jhildebrand
12-31-2010, 09:34 PM

Sam Bradford had a dang good crew around him too. In fact, Bradford came from a program that is MUCH MORE established than Standford. I don't think we can hold Luck's team against him.

Besides, sometimes it is hard to tell who makes who better. For all we know all those guys look as good as they do BECAUSE of Andrew Luck.

I Eat Staples
12-31-2010, 10:41 PM

Leinart was never considered a great prospect because of his weak arm. Some teams liked him, but scouts were skeptical.

Luck is considered a consensus #1 overall and has had his draft stock compared to Peyton Manning and Elway.

zbeg
12-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Besides, sometimes it is hard to tell who makes who better. For all we know all those guys look as good as they do BECAUSE of Andrew Luck.

Which is the only reason why Marcus Nash ever managed to be a first round pick. The whole "does Peyton Manning make Marcus Nash look good or does Marcus Nash make Peyton Manning look good" debate I think has finally been resolved. :-)