PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal!

weazel
09-09-2008, 12:30 AM
what a 1st game for the rook! making Hall look like a high school player, and racking up over 140 yards and a TD!

Man does he have some explosiveness and some moves. He made Harris and Hall slip and fall probably 4 or times. It was really fun to watch him have a great game like that, I hope they gave him the ball!

Timmy!
09-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I have Royal in both my FF leagues. I'm so buying a Royal jersey :D

For those of you that picked the Broncos to LOSE this week, REPENT SINNERS!!!!

Requiem / The Dagda
Did you guys hear the chants from the Black Hole?

"Hall of Fame. . ."

Tebow4Ever
If a ball is given, Im pretty confident Royal will get it. Lets give credit to Scheff and Jackson though also. That was a nice TD play to Darrell Jackson, Nice job staying in bounds.

LoyalSoldier
09-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Leading receiver after week #1

ikillz0mbies
09-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Hall had absolutely NOTHING on Royal. Goes to show Hall is just a loud mouth, and his frustration showed on a couple of plays when he got those two penalties. Royal is an absolute stud. Royal made everyone forget about DeSean Jackson's performance for a rookie WR tonight. He runs his route VERY VERY well, great awareness, great hands, not afraid of contact, and has a high IQ. The WR duo of Royal and Marshall is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams secondary for years to come.

Hawgdriver
09-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Someone had in their sig something to the effect that 'royal will make an impact as a returner, but he will be remembered as a receiver'.

Yes. He's damn, damn good. That was against one of the absolute best corner tandems in the league. He is exceptional and >> the game. Eddie F'n Royal all night long!!!

Requiem / The Dagda
09-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, he looked great -- but let's not crown him King yet. :D

Tned
09-09-2008, 12:37 AM
There is no doubt the rookie was impressive. Considering he was going against arguably the best set of corners in the league, and no real WR thread going up against the guy with the unpronouncable name, it would doubly impressive.

If the line can continue to offer Cutler that kind of protection, with Marshall and Royal both out there, with Hillis catching out of the backfield, along with other receiving threats like Stokely and Scheff, not to mention Jackson. This could be a fun offense to watch.

Hawgdriver
09-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Yeah, he looked great -- but let's not crown him King yet. :D

King Eddie it is!! Nice call, mate.

weazel
09-09-2008, 12:42 AM
King Eddie!

watch him drop 4 or 5 passes next game now, heh

omac
09-09-2008, 12:46 AM
King Eddie!

watch him drop 4 or 5 passes next game now, heh

grrr ... no jinxes on him :D

Hawgdriver
09-09-2008, 12:47 AM
lol, repent the hex.

ESPN noted he has great route running, and I think that's it. Cutler is a timing master, and Royal came into this league on Cutler's page. If you watch the highlights, you can see that he has exceptional timing. On the play where he went in motion, stopped behind center, and did the short out, you notice that his plant and forward move was perfectly on the snap. That's excellent route running, and that will land him a prosperous career with a QB like Cutler. This is as huge as Marshall's breakout.

honz
09-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Not only did he look awesome out there, but I was very impressed that he had the presence of mind to throw the ball away on that fake reverse. Very smart play for a rookie.

Tned
09-09-2008, 01:03 AM
People forgot what Shanny said about him, when drafted, and just focused on him being a kick returner:

Shanahan said he was excited to learn that Royal was available at No. 42. The team had earlier drafted offensive tackly Ryan Clady with the No. 12 position, another player they were looking to to fill a need.

"We were hoping we'd get these two guys," Shanahan said. "It's never happened that way."

On whether he has ever had his first two choices available when drafting
"It hasn't happened that way before, but we have never picked with the 12th pick, either. You have a little bit better chance, but you don't always know in the second round if that guy is going to be there."

On what Royal can contribute offensively
"I thought he was the best wide receiver versus bump coverage that came out [in the draft]. He has that type of ability to be bumped. That's where you start off as a wide receiver--if you can't beat bump coverage, usually you are selling cars in a short time, it's just the nature of the business--or you're coaching, one or the other. He has the ability to be bumped and he played with three other receivers who were fairly productive. I'm glad he didn't get a lot of balls because I think if he did he would have probably went earlier [in the draft].

"A lot of guys you get in the second round as wide receivers, it's a year's growth. It takes a while to understand the NFL and get used to it, but this is the type of guy that has the ability to help us in special teams and he doesn't have to help us right away [on offense]."

On whether he considered moving out of the second round to acquire additional draft picks
"There could have been if Royal wasn't there. We had a number of options to move back and we could have gotten a third or a fourth, depending on how far back you want to go. You can do that quite a bit, but sometimes when you do that you lose out on guys that you think can help your football team."

http://den.scout.com/2/750170.html

Devilspawn
09-09-2008, 01:11 AM
what a 1st game for the rook! making Hall look like a high school player, and racking up over 140 yards and a TD!

Man does he have some explosiveness and some moves. He made Harris and Hall slip and fall probably 4 or times. It was really fun to watch him have a great game like that, I hope they gave him the ball!
lol giving Hall credit for high school skills. Apologize to the high schoolers!

chanesaw
09-09-2008, 01:21 AM
I have a bit of a man crush on Royal.

DenBronx
09-09-2008, 01:22 AM
eddie royal...im in awe. sorta speechless...i knew he was good but wow this kid has skills. i cant even freakin imagine how good our passing attack will be with marshall back...teams are going to $#!^ their pants covering both of these guys.

javon who???

can we call him FAST EDDIE ???

btw...this draft could turn out to be 2nd to none. grade us now kiper ya biaattches!!!

Jerz
09-09-2008, 01:49 AM
I think Royal had a hell of a game but my MVPs would definitely be the O-line, the really mashed out 2nite

WARHORSE
09-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Its Eddie ROYal. Rookie of the year.

That was the best display of route running Ive seen in a long, long time.
He spun Asomugha round like a top a couple of times, but he really played Hall like an open book. Hall got schooled to say the least, and Royal made it look easy. Faked a comeback, turned inside Halls shoulder, made him turn, and then came back across Halls body on a comeback route to the outside. Hall was a punk tonight. Every night for that matter.

All I know is, the San Diego Dolts are quakin in their boots thinkin of what theyre gonna do with Eddie and Brandon in the same offense.:salute:

DenBronx
09-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Its Eddie ROYal. Rookie of the year.

That was the best display of route running Ive seen in a long, long time.
He spun Asomugha round like a top a couple of times, but he really played Hall like an open book. Hall got schooled to say the least, and Royal made it look easy. Faked a comeback, turned inside Halls shoulder, made him turn, and then came back across Halls body on a comeback route to the outside. Hall was a punk tonight. Every night for that matter.

All I know is, the San Diego Dolts are quakin in their boots thinkin of what theyre gonna do with Eddie and Brandon in the same offense.:salute:

add clady to the list for ROY....

dogfish
09-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Someone had in their sig something to the effect that 'royal will make an impact as a returner, but he will be remembered as a receiver'.

good call, give my boy underrated29 his props on that one. . . . :2thumbs:

DenverBronkHoes
09-09-2008, 02:44 AM
i have been sayin it for weeks.......

Rex
09-09-2008, 07:47 AM
It has been a while since I got excited about a rookie like this.

Wow. What a debut.

ktrain
09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Not only did he look awesome out there, but I was very impressed that he had the presence of mind to throw the ball away on that fake reverse. Very smart play for a rookie.

It was great....I noticed on the replay that Selvin was Wide open about 20 yds down the field running towards the same sideline Eddie threw from, Hopefully they see that in film study and coach him up on it, as it would be great to keep that play in our pocket during one of the close contests

Tned
09-09-2008, 07:53 AM
It was great....I noticed on the replay that Selvin was Wide open about 20 yds down the field running towards the same sideline Eddie threw from, Hopefully they see that in film study and coach him up on it, as it would be great to keep that play in our pocket during one of the close contests

They might, but considering the way the play was blowing up, and he was on the run, my guess would be they tell him he made the right decision. Throw it away, rather than throwing on the run.

Traveler
09-09-2008, 07:57 AM
While it's still early, the Marshall/Royal combo is something teams will have to gameplan against. Now, if we could only get the running situation back to a point where teams have to respect that more than our receivers. Here's where I'm hoping Torain is the answer.

Looks like we are approaching a return to our glory days, at least on offense.

Tned
09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
While it's still early, the Marshall/Royal combo is something teams will have to gameplan against. Now, if we could only get the running situation back to a point where teams have to respect that more than our receivers. Here's where I'm hoping Torain is the answer.

Looks like we are approaching a return to our glory days, at least on offense.

Right now our new formed line is doing good in pass protection (this game and preseason as the evidence), but don't seem to be fully in tune on the run game. Hopefully, with Nalen back and some more time together, they will start creating more holes for the running game.

MOtorboat
09-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Right now our new formed line is doing good in pass protection (this game and preseason as the evidence), but don't seem to be fully in tune on the run game. Hopefully, with Nalen back and some more time together, they will start creating more holes for the running game.

And the playcalling was outstanding...the way Eddie was used and the way they moved him around to get mismatches was Shanahan at his best. The little slip pass, where he went in motion, the up and out and up and out that turned Hall around, and then the comeback route just a few plays later...and the end-around with Eddie going to throw. That's showing a lot of confidence in a rookie.

Hobe
09-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah, the o-line is the key. The dolts have got to realize that with Marshall back we can overpower their d-backfield. They have to go after Cutler or die ugly, like the faiders. With Marriman gimpy, they will have to get creative. It will be a real test for our young line.

MOtorboat
09-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah, the o-line is the key. The dolts have got to realize that with Marshall back we can overpower their d-backfield. They have to go after Cutler or die ugly, like the faiders. With Marriman gimpy, they will have to get creative. It will be a real test for our young line.

Pass pro was absolutely outstanding last night...was Cutler even close to going down?

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Pass pro was absolutely outstanding last night...was Cutler even close to going down?

He only even got touched only twice I think. I can't remember the last time we had such good protection.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM
I guess nobody will question Royal's draft position now will they?

Seriously, he put himself in the running for rookie of the year. I just hope he can keep steady throughout the whole season. It will definitely wear on him down the stretch.

Tebow4Ever
09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
After looking at stats for week 1. Royal Leads all NFL Recievers in yards. Not a bad way to start the season ehh?

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I wonder if Shanny finally got it that all elite receivers don't have to be 6'4" and 235 lbs. Nice to watch a different type of receiver in our offense.

Tned
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
And the playcalling was outstanding...the way Eddie was used and the way they moved him around to get mismatches was Shanahan at his best. The little slip pass, where he went in motion, the up and out and up and out that turned Hall around, and then the comeback route just a few plays later...and the end-around with Eddie going to throw. That's showing a lot of confidence in a rookie.

I mentioned that in the gameday chat or thread.

Also, one of my main reasons for being optimistic with the season win totals (in the post draft and preseason prediction threads), was not just Cutler in his third year, Marshall becoming a star, Clady to protect Cutler, etc., but primarily it was due to the number one factor that would get this offense firing on all cylinders again. The removal of Heimerdinger. The last two years, the Broncos had horrible game plans and play calling. My hope, was that Shanny would get back involved in the play calling, or at minimum game planning and scripting of first and second half starts, and we would get back to the offensive creativity that preceeded Dinger.

SarahKay
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah he was pretty exciting to watch..

I just find it funny that Cutler kept going to him.. and he was obviously his favorite target and the Faides NEVER caught on!!! haha :salute:

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm ordering my Royal jersey today!!! The kid can flat out play! I wouldn't doubt that he get's slowly phased out of returning kicks to ensure he doesn't get hurt.

Reidman
09-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Royal ran his routes to perfection which is why he was open 90% of the time. He is pretty damn fast too and I was just waiting for him to break a tackle and take it to the house, hmm..maybe next game..Him on one side and Marshall on the other, god I can't wait to see that!

And on a side note, Cutler looked as good as I've ever seen him. The confidence seemed to just pour from him. He did not look like a 3rd year player but maybe a seasoned vet to me. Maybe a new era is being ushered in, our aerial assault is more potent than our rush attack...

broncogirl7
09-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Cutler was FANTASTIC and Royal...well, what can we say??!!! Rookie of the Year! Hell Yes!
It was so exciting watching Cutler and Royal connect over and over again.
The way he caught that ball in the endzone and made sure his feet were inbounds...beautiful!
He had many heads up plays that showed he is going to be an awesome Bronco for years to come.

Jaws
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
A right royal raider rippin rout!

:D :elefant::lol:

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Cutler was FANTASTIC and Royal...well, what can we say??!!! Rookie of the Year! Hell Yes!
It was so exciting watching Cutler and Royal connect over and over again.
The way he caught that ball in the endzone and made sure his feet were inbounds...beautiful!
He had many heads up plays that showed he is going to be an awesome Bronco for years to come.

The catch was great, but Cutler's throw. . .on the run. .. making eye contact with Eddie. . .right on the money, was a perfect "10". I bet there's only one or two other guys in the league that make that throw, and complete it right there.

sacmar
09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
....wow him and marshall seem pretty freakin scary all of the sudden.

ktrain
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I mentioned that in the gameday chat or thread.

Also, one of my main reasons for being optimistic with the season win totals (in the post draft and preseason prediction threads), was not just Cutler in his third year, Marshall becoming a star, Clady to protect Cutler, etc., but primarily it was due to the number one factor that would get this offense firing on all cylinders again. The removal of Heimerdinger. The last two years, the Broncos had horrible game plans and play calling. My hope, was that Shanny would get back involved in the play calling, or at minimum game planning and scripting of first and second half starts, and we would get back to the offensive creativity that preceeded Dinger.

Ding ding ding.....you nailed it, addition by subtraction. Shanny might make some mistakes on intitial talent evaluation (players and coaches) but when he gives up on one, there is probably a good reason for it

broncogirl7
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
The catch was great, but Cutler's throw. . .on the run. .. making eye contact with Eddie. . .right on the money, was a perfect "10". I bet there's only one or two other guys in the league that make that throw, and complete it right there.

You are right! It was incredible. Watching them play last night and seeing the connection between Cutler and Royal was like seeing them win the Super Bowl for years to come. I believe a new era has begun for the Broncos and it's Cutler/Royal time!

Rex
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I will be content with beating the RAIDERS before I go throwing around any statements that include the words "Super" and "Bowl".

broncogirl7
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Nothing wrong with positive thinking! It was a great game and I do see Super Bowls in our future and I'm not afraid to say it.

jrelway
09-09-2008, 10:27 AM
deangelo halls a joke. what a way to represent vtech. 2 personal fouls against a fellow hokie. i cant wait for oakland to come to denver for the rematch. deangelo has no prayer against royal, or marshall.

CoachChaz
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
It's way early, but another positive to Eddie playing like this is that maybe Brandon sees we can kick some tail without him and gets his act together.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 10:48 AM
It's way early, but another positive to Eddie playing like this is that maybe Brandon sees we can kick some tail without him and gets his act together.

And if he does get his act together, Royal will take a bunch of pressure off of him. Win, win, all around.

Davii
09-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't wait to see Eddie and BMarsh on the same field together this weekend, should be sick.

I was just picturing the Charger's D Coordinator watching the game last night and thinking, "DAMN! I have to change my whole game plan!"

The two of them, our TE's, pass catching fullback, and ever present threat from Denver's run game and Cutler is loaded like no QB in Denver since Elway rode off into the sunset. I LOVE the weapons this offense has.

Lonestar
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
I will be content with beating the RAIDERS before I go throwing around any statements that include the words "Super" and "Bowl".

One must temper super bowl dreams this year with realizing just how bad OAK was last night.. Lots of talent floating around there and if they give Kiffin time he just might be able to make them respectable.

Eddie just might be the real deal and I will take back my comments about a rookie WR starting in DEN.... He just might be able to pull this off.. Most rookie WR take a half year to figure out where the urinals are.. Let alone absorb mikeys playbooks..

Lets see how he does against SAN before anointing him ROY, even without merriman they also have a alot of talent.. Lets see how they do in DEN..

Northman
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Obviously, aside from his receiving yds and return ability i am just overwhelmed by Eddie's "smarts" as a player. Throwing the ball out of bounds on the reverse when he had nothing there and kneeling on the kickoff at the end of the game not taking any chances just blew me away that a rookie would pick up on stuff like that so early. This guy is the real deal and i see a great career for him in Orange and Blue.

Northman
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
One must temper super bowl dreams this year with realizing just how bad OAK was last night.. Lots of talent floating around there and if they give Kiffin time he just might be able to make them respectable.

Eddie just might be the real deal and I will take back my comments about a rookie WR starting in DEN.... He just might be able to pull this off.. Most rookie WR take a half year to figure out where the urinals are.. Let alone absorb mikeys playbooks..

Lets see how he does against SAN before anointing him ROY, even without merriman they also have a alot of talent.. Lets see how they do in DEN..

I wouldnt be too quick to grant Kiffin praises. Last night his play calling was atrocious. Even if Kiffin gets back on track like last year Davis will always undercut him with bad FA pickups (Hall,Walker,Lelie) and limited what Kiffin can do with his coaching staff. But yes, overall the Raiders played the way everyone is used too so its way early to anoint Denver a Super Bowl Contender. But, offensively i still like where we are at and the play calling on our side of the ball was far superior than the last couple of years.

honz
09-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Obviously, aside from his receiving yds and return ability i am just overwhelmed by Eddie's "smarts" as a player. Throwing the ball out of bounds on the reverse when he had nothing there and kneeling on the kickoff at the end of the game not taking any chances just blew me away that a rookie would pick up on stuff like that so early. This guy is the real deal and i see a great career for him in Orange and Blue.
In the words of Mark Schlereth: He's a football player.:laugh:

Lonestar
09-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I wouldnt be too quick to grant Kiffin praises. Last night his play calling was atrocious. Even if Kiffin gets back on track like last year Davis will always undercut him with bad FA pickups (Hall,Walker,Lelie) and limited what Kiffin can do with his coaching staff. But yes, overall the Raiders played the way everyone is used too so its way early to anoint Denver a Super Bowl Contender. But, offensively i still like where we are at and the play calling on our side of the ball was far superior than the last couple of years.

I said IF Kiffin gets the time.. I should have added the davis has almost sabotaged this time with some lousy personnel choices..

Your correct about davis no doubt.

I do not think the play calling early was all that bad considering the execution of said plays.. Had they held on to the ball on several of those passes it could have been am much different ball game..

They played much better in the latter part of the game.... I think OAK will surprise some folks this year..

Northman
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I do not think the play calling early was all that bad considering the execution of said plays.. Had they held on to the ball on several of those passes it could have been am much different ball game..

They played much better in the latter part of the game.... I think OAK will surprise some folks this year..

No, you are correct. Early in the game it was fine but after the turnover early they abandoned the run. Then, with 8 minutes left they go for it on 4th down at their own 20? I know the game was essentially over but why allow a team to continue to add more points instead of at least earning it? Those arent good decisions to me. As for the them playing better at the end, thats garbage time and the defense just isnt going to play at the same level as they were when the game was closer. Nah, im not sold right now that they are any better than they were last year. I made a comment in the chat room last night after the 4th down call that maybe Kiffin is already fed up with Davis's crap and the team making dumb personal fouls and maybe he is trying to get himself fired. :lol:

dogfish
09-09-2008, 01:00 PM
No, you are correct. Early in the game it was fine but after the turnover early they abandoned the run. Then, with 8 minutes left they go for it on 4th down at their own 20? I know the game was essentially over but why allow a team to continue to add more points instead of at least earning it? Those arent good decisions to me. As for the them playing better at the end, thats garbage time and the defense just isnt going to play at the same level as they were when the game was closer. Nah, im not sold right now that they are any better than they were last year. I made a comment in the chat room last night after the 4th down call that maybe Kiffin is already fed up with Davis's crap and the team making dumb personal fouls and maybe he is trying to get himself fired. :lol:

i know this is off-topic and i'm just going to make one post about it. . . but i actually think he may be close to that point. . . davis asked him to resign, and he quite properly refused-- he also made some fairly blunt statements during camp about the club's talent level. . . i thought he did a pretty respectable job last year, being a first-time head coach with an atrocious mess of a team. . . i'd love nothing more than to see davis fire him-- then we bring him in, make him the OC and let him learn under shanahan, and when mike steps down we have another brilliant young raider-hating coach who sticks it to them every time we face off for another twenty years. . . how cool would that be? :D

Hawgdriver
09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
i'd love nothing more than to see davis fire him-- then we bring him in, make him the OC

I am completely satisfied with the playcalling and offensive tactics of our OC.

Mike
09-09-2008, 01:30 PM

With the exception of that stupid shotgun draw call inside the 10 last night, I was very impressed with the playcalling.

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I can't wait to see Eddie and BMarsh on the same field together this weekend, should be sick.

I was just picturing the Charger's D Coordinator watching the game last night and thinking, "DAMN! I have to change my whole game plan!"

The two of them, our TE's, pass catching fullback, and ever present threat from Denver's run game and Cutler is loaded like no QB in Denver since Elway rode off into the sunset. I LOVE the weapons this offense has.

I agree! I really feel that this group is going to be special and contribute for some time to come. With a fresh Torain in the near future, this group will only get better. This is the best offense we have had since our last Super Bowl win. :salute:

dogfish
09-09-2008, 01:44 PM

oh, i wasn't at all intending to complain about our situation-- i was just making a joke about how much fun it would be to stick it to al davis and the faders again. . . .

Northman
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
i know this is off-topic and i'm just going to make one post about it. . . but i actually think he may be close to that point. . . davis asked him to resign, and he quite properly refused-- he also made some fairly blunt statements during camp about the club's talent level. . . i thought he did a pretty respectable job last year, being a first-time head coach with an atrocious mess of a team. . . i'd love nothing more than to see davis fire him-- then we bring him in, make him the OC and let him learn under shanahan, and when mike steps down we have another brilliant young raider-hating coach who sticks it to them every time we face off for another twenty years. . . how cool would that be? :D

If that happened i would just die from laughter. How pissed would Davis be. :lol::lol:

Hawgdriver
09-09-2008, 02:12 PM
oh, i wasn't at all intending to complain about our situation-- i was just making a joke about how much fun it would be to stick it to al davis and the faders again. . . .

I knew what you meant, and I was actually thinking the same thing. I see Kiffin taking the road of Shanahan as well. I just took the chance to give props to Bates because I think he's a big part of what we saw last night.

underrated29
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
funny you guys mentioned this. I actually like kiffin, and do think he could be a good coach in the NFL.

dogs scenario would be awesome.

dogfish
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Eddie Royal ate ME-Angleo Hall’s lunch, handed him his own ass, screwed his girl, beat his dog and kicked in him in the nuts.

Strangely, after watching the game - it felt like all those things happened to me as well.

- posted by a fader fan on PFT. . . .

:lol: :lol:

BroncoJoe
09-09-2008, 02:28 PM

LMAO!!

Eddie was amazing last night. Rookie? Sure doesn't seem like one.

Mike
09-09-2008, 02:30 PM

I was going to rag on some of the Raider fans at work today. But after that beat down last night I just couldn't bring myself to rag on them. The beat down itself was demoralizing enough.

dogfish
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I was going to rag on some of the Raider fans at work today. But after that beat down last night I just couldn't bring myself to rag on them. The beat down itself was demoralizing enough.

what could you possibly say that would make it any worse??

:D

MOtorboat
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM

Um...what's wrong with you? :confused:

Mike
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Um...what's wrong with you? :confused:

Getting soft in my old age. I actually feel sorry for them. Stuck with a horrible owner committed to impotence.

Now, if we are having this same conversation next week in regards to the Chargers...game on. No mercy. Extreme dislike for Phyllis and Roidboy will never die.

Davii
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I didn't need to rag on any of them. There are a few in my shop here, all I said was "Good Morning" and I got the rundown of how Kiffin and Davis are idiots, and it'll be different in Denver, just you wait and see, and yada yada yada.

Losers.

BigDaddyBronco
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Getting soft in my old age. I actually feel sorry for them. Stuck with a horrible owner committed to impotence.

Now, if we are having this same conversation next week in regards to the Chargers...game on. No mercy. Extreme dislike for Phyllis and Roidboy will never die.

I was giving the Raider fan in my office all sorts of grief this morning. I walked into his office and caught a pass, spiked the ball, and lifted my arms for a TD. He just flipped me off.

Funny thing about Charger fans, I've never seen one out here. I guess the bandwagontrain doesn't extend into Texas.

Mike
09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I was giving the Raider fan in my office all sorts of grief this morning. I walked into his office and caught a pass, spiked the ball, and lifted my arms for a TD. He just flipped me off.

Funny thing about Charger fans, I've never seen one out here. I guess the bandwagontrain doesn't extend into Texas.

:lol:

I guess it depends on the fans. Most of the Raider fans around here are not bad. The last 5 years have pretty much taken away any fight out of them. So it's not all that much fun rubbing their faces in it.

The Chefs and Chuggers fans are a different story though. The Chefs are pretty die hard...and the Chugger fans haven't been fans long enough to face any adversity...so they are still feisty.

DenBronx
09-09-2008, 05:57 PM
royal seems like he could run back a punt every time he touches the ball. he has insane agility. i wont be suprised if he ran 3 or 4 back this year. i say let him do kick and punt returns.

I love Eddie Royal
09-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Eddie Royal is a Sexy Beast!!!

omac
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM

LOL, welcome to the boards! :D

denbroncofan26
09-10-2008, 11:31 PM

Dang you took my new name idea, back to the drawing board i guess...

Reidman
09-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Go VOTE for Eddie Royal for rookie of the week on NFL.com!!!