PDA

View Full Version : Broncos score most points in Week 1..

Tebow4Ever
09-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Beautiful. The offense definately had the cylinders firing tonight. Cutler looks outstanding, Very nice blocking by the Oline. Solid contributions from the RB group. Eddie Royal, Simply amazing.I think he realizes his role on this team is going to be a very giving situation. Nice play by the Sheff on that TD pass. Defense had some key 3rd and 4th down stops. DJ williams with the nice sack(I cant see how Russell didnt see that coming)...Just to name a few. The MILE HIGH THUNDER IS RUMBLING!!!!

Kaylore
09-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Very very well done. We'll be able to at least hold our own against the Chargers.

ikillz0mbies
09-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Shanahan opened the playbook tonight that's for sure. Cutler played with great poise and showed how great of a leader he is. He also played with emotion, as it was shown on the opening drive when Nate Jackson dropped that wide open pass. Granted, it was against the Raiders, but they do have a credible secondary, and the Broncos sure dissected it. Also, give credit to the line that gave Cutler plenty of time to make throws.

Tned
09-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Very very well done. We'll be able to at least hold our own against the Chargers.

Yep, can't say how much I loved seeing Cutler have a pocket to pass from. Same thing we saw in pre-season. Loved the play calling, too. Back to creative play calling after two years of Dinger hell.

scott.475
09-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Cutler sure made his performance look effortless tonight. Dang, I hope this is not just a one game event. I am trying to keep from getting overly excited, but dang...

Tned
09-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Cutler sure made his performance look effortless tonight. Dang, I hope this is not just a one game event. I am trying to keep from getting overly excited, but dang...

Considering I have been on the 11-12 win bandwagon and then making noise in the playoffs, I was excited before this game ever started, now I am just feeling like we are on track!!! :D

omac
09-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Considering I have been on the 11-12 win bandwagon and then making noise in the playoffs, I was excited before this game ever started, now I am just feeling like we are on track!!! :D

I predicted 10-6, but I've had a secret thought even then that I didn't mention on the boards, because I'd sound like a real homer ....

weazel
09-09-2008, 01:02 AM
psst... it was the raiders. I wouldnt start tattooing "2009 champs" on your ass yet

Crush05
09-09-2008, 01:05 AM
:shocked:And most called me crazy giving us a win with a score of 34-10!:shocked: And yet here we score 41 and gave them a mercy score which made it 14 for them.:lol:

Tned
09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
I predicted 10-6, but I've had a secret thought even then that I didn't mention on the boards, because I'd sound like a real homer ....

After the draft and before the season, I made predictions. In both cases, the worst case I had at 10 wins and best case 13 wins, with 11-12 the most likely and on one of them I think I went ahead and said 12-4.

We still have a long way to go and five of the next six are fairly tough, with NE possibly being easier now, but who knows how much easier.

It's still only one win, and next week will go a long way to telling us what kind of team we are.

omac
09-09-2008, 04:24 AM
psst... it was the raiders. I wouldnt start tattooing "2009 champs" on your ass yet

:D Hehehe, a stark contrast from those Bronco fans vehemently picking the Raiders to beat us because of our inexperienced OL, and how it would be foolish to think Royal would have much of an impact during the game. :cheers:

omac
09-09-2008, 04:26 AM
and okay, this will sound real foolish, but from what I saw from the offense in preseason, I thought we had a good chance to compete for the AFC West title this season, not just a wildcard. :cool:

Sotally Tober
09-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Not gonna lie...I'm impressed but Donk fans it WAS the Raiders, and a very shitty Raider team at that. "They are who we thought they are" [and we ******' creamed 'em] We started off against Carolina, which is now getting all kinds of praise as a "team ready to do something more" (hmm kind of like the Broncos). Cutler dissected that secondary but it was literally falling down at times. And your offensive line manhandled a shitty defensive front; the exact opposite will be lining up Sunday afternoon. This game will be a lot closer than our other contests but remember Rivers owns Invesco like Obama, bitches.

Retired_Member_001
09-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Royal also leads the league in receiving yards.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Royal also leads the league in receiving yards.

. .. And the Broncos are a game up on everyone in the division. :salute:

Thnikkaman
09-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Shanahan opened the playbook tonight that's for sure. Cutler played with great poise and showed how great of a leader he is. He also played with emotion, as it was shown on the opening drive when Nate Jackson dropped that wide open pass. Granted, it was against the Raiders, but they do have a credible secondary, and the Broncos sure dissected it. Also, give credit to the line that gave Cutler plenty of time to make throws.

In hindsight, I think the lack of the personnel to really open up the playbook is one of the things that has kept us from being an elite team in the past. I won't be surprised if we make the Sparkler's D look below average this weekend.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Not gonna lie...I'm impressed but Donk fans it WAS the Raiders, and a very shitty Raider team at that. "They are who we thought they are" [and we ******' creamed 'em] We started off against Carolina, which is now getting all kinds of praise as a "team ready to do something more" (hmm kind of like the Broncos). Cutler dissected that secondary but it was literally falling down at times. And your offensive line manhandled a shitty defensive front; the exact opposite will be lining up Sunday afternoon. This game will be a lot closer than our other contests but remember Rivers owns Invesco like Obama, bitches.

I said this in your forum, but Rivers will be wearing baby blue, white, green, and brown after this game Sunday. The only thing Rivers will be owning in this trip to Denver is a personal Oxygen mask.

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 11:30 AM

We didn't just beat the Raiders, we blew them out. Last years team would have struggled in this game, this years team BLEW THEM OUT. We did what a good team should and that is blow out a lesser team not just squeak by or even lose.