PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowler Brandon Lloyd has a two-word message for his former teams

DenBronx
12-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Pro Bowler Brandon Lloyd has a two-word message for his former teams
Posted by Mike Florio on December 29, 2010, 4:57 AM EST
Cee Lo Green ain’t got nothin’ on Brandon Lloyd.

The Broncos arranged a press conference on Tuesday for Lloyd, the only member of the team who made it to the Pro Bowl after the franchise’s toilet bowl season. And near the end of the session, Lloyd was asked if he wanted to say “told you so” to the three teams for which he previously played — the 49ers, Redskins, and Bears.

Said Lloyd, per Mike Klis of the Denver Post: ”No, I want to say, ‘F–k you.’ And I mean that in the most professional way.”

Klis said that the “F” bomb was delivered “half-good naturedly, half-seriously.”

read more
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/29/pro-bowler-brandon-lloyd-has-a-two-word-message-for-his-former-teams/

Dirk
12-29-2010, 05:59 AM
:lol:

That's great.

honz
12-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Lol.

Nomad
12-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Classy and professional! Way to go Brandon, I guess you were that good with the other teams:coffee:!! So now I guess he's gonna expect a big payday!!

SR
12-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Classy.

Northman
12-29-2010, 08:35 AM
No bitterness there.

SOCALORADO.
12-29-2010, 08:36 AM
All i know is DEN needs to keep this guy.
Hes done nothing but make play after play after play all year.
Personally i dont care about his past, he seems to have found his place and hes
outplayed Brandon Marshall in every way this year. Who would have thought!?!?!?
Having a deep threat, that can make any catch is just crucial for Tebows success next year, and just claiming that another reciever will simply walk in and do what Lloyd did is laughable. I say keep him.

Northman
12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
All i know is DEN needs to keep this guy.
Hes done nothing but make play after play after play all year.
Personally i dont care about his past, he seems to have found his place and hes
outplayed Brandon Marshall in every way this year. Who would have thought!?!?!?
Having a deep threat, that can make any catch is just crucial for Tebows success next year, and just claiming that another reciever will simply walk in and do what Lloyd did is laughable. I say keep him.

Well, to be fair a lot of people said that Gaffney would put up Marshall's numbers and while that didnt happen Lloyd did. So was it the system? Im not objecting to keeping Brandon but im almost cautious to pay him big money after just one season of greatness.

Juriga72
12-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Well, to be fair a lot of people said that Gaffney would put up Marshall's numbers and while that didnt happen Lloyd did. So was it the system? Im not objecting to keeping Brandon but im almost cautious to pay him big money after just one season of greatness.

So lets see.....
In 8 years of NFL playing he's caught 50 or more passes ONCE.
Caught 40% of his career td's this year.....

AND is talking crap to his "other" teams. wow....

I'm sure Chicago really misses him as they get ready for playoff football right now.

lgenf
12-29-2010, 08:52 AM
and here I was thinking somehow that "God Bless" was going to make it into that two word statement

hey if playing with a chip on your shoulder works, then keep the chip and play your tail off - it should be a fun upcoming year if we can keep him (happy)

Northman
12-29-2010, 08:52 AM
So lets see.....
In 8 years of NFL playing he's caught 50 or more passes ONCE.
Caught 40% of his career td's this year.....

AND is talking crap to his "other" teams. wow....

I'm sure Chicago really misses him as they get ready for playoff football right now.

Yea, i hate to sound so cold for all the good work he has put in this year but its not like he was an allstar when he came here. Marshall was able to put up great numbers under 2 different QB's and Lloyd even had experience with Orton in Chi-town. Lloyd was a victim of his own accord previously and benefitted greatly from McD's system. Now, if he can continue to put up and play well im all for paying the man. But i wouldnt be willing to break the bank after just one season. We f'd up when we did that for Griese.

SOCALORADO.
12-29-2010, 08:54 AM

I dont care. DEN is seriously depleted in talent, and this guy is playing Pro Bowl football. Who you gonna rely on next year? Thomas? Royal? Both?
Man, thats a huge gamble to just expect DT to become the go to guy next year. As much as i dont like it either, DEN needs to work out a deal with Lloyd. Cant afford to let this guy walk, and then watch him put up huge numbers elsewhere, while DT sits nursing his glass foot.
Just sayin these guys will take Lloyds spot in production is a huge gamble to the offensive success next year.
I am hoping a deal that works for both sides is in the works.

Northman
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
I dont care. DEN is seriously depleted in talent, and this guy is playing Pro Bowl football. Who you gonna rely on next year? Thomas? Royal? Both?
Man, thats a huge gamble to just expect DT to become the go to guy next year. As much as i dont like it either, DEN needs to work out a deal with Lloyd. Cant afford to let this guy walk, and then watch him put up huge numbers elsewhere, while DT sits nursing his glass foot.
Just sayin these guys will take Lloyds spot in production is a huge gamble to the offensive success next year.

Well again, we kind of heard that same mantra last year after losing Marshall. Obviously you cant keep playing with fire as you will get burned at some point. But we are paying DT first round money so it may be wise to start making him actually work for that contract. Im not sold on his health issues either but at this point because of the past Lloyd is almost as risk as DT. In the end i guess it will just depend on what the new HC is looking for but i would be pissed to be paying two guys top money to be on this team.

Juriga72
12-29-2010, 09:10 AM

I just dont want another:
Donte Stallworth
Braylon Edwards
TJ Housh.....

"I made the Pro Bowl..once and now pay me!!!"

SOCALORADO.
12-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Well again, we kind of heard that same mantra last year after losing Marshall. Obviously you cant keep playing with fire as you will get burned at some point. But we are paying DT first round money so it may be wise to start making him actually work for that contract. Im not sold on his health issues either but at this point because of the past Lloyd is almost as risk as DT. In the end i guess it will just depend on what the new HC is looking for but i would be pissed to be paying two guys top money to be on this team.

DEN regardless of who the HC is, will need a true, proven deep threat, that can be relied upon to make catches.
Just saying DT is gonna be that guy is a huge chance.
If both pan out then great, DEN can deal with having 2 really good WRs next year! But having NOTHING, and a new QB could be a recipe for disaster.
I am just hopeful that both sides can iron out a deal that works for both parties.
On a side note, what ever happened to Royal? Remember him?
I am begining to think he might be trade bait to a team like STL or SF in the offseason.

SOCALORADO.
12-29-2010, 09:17 AM
I just dont want another:
Donte Stallworth
Braylon Edwards
TJ Housh.....

"I made the Pro Bowl..once and now pay me!!!"

I know! I hear that!
But what can a team do? Just blow off a pro bowler and hope DT pans out, with a young, raw QB?!?!?

Northman
12-29-2010, 09:45 AM
DEN regardless of who the HC is, will need a true, proven deep threat, that can be relied upon to make catches.
Just saying DT is gonna be that guy is a huge chance.
If both pan out then great, DEN can deal with having 2 really good WRs next year! But having NOTHING, and a new QB could be a recipe for disaster.
I am just hopeful that both sides can iron out a deal that works for both parties.
On a side note, what ever happened to Royal? Remember him?
I am begining to think he might be trade bait to a team like STL or SF in the offseason.

Well, one thing ive learned about receivers and QB's over the years is the better the QB, the better he is at making guys look better than they are. Manning, Elway, and Brady had/have a knack for making average receivers look like gods on the field. If Tebow is really that good and meant to be good i think we will be fine. As too Royal? My guess he is being used in the wrong manner. Part of it could be scheme, part of it could be a QB issue i dont know. I just find it hard to believe a guy like Cutler could find a way to get the boy the ball but Orton couldnt. Just weird when it comes to him.

SOCALORADO.
12-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Well, one thing ive learned about receivers and QB's over the years is the better the QB, the better he is at making guys look better than they are. Manning, Elway, and Brady had/have a knack for making average receivers look like gods on the field. If Tebow is really that good and meant to be good i think we will be fine. As too Royal? My guess he is being used in the wrong manner. Part of it could be scheme, part of it could be a QB issue i dont know. I just find it hard to believe a guy like Cutler could find a way to get the boy the ball but Orton couldnt. Just weird when it comes to him.

Yeah, that is weird. He was soo good his rookie year, and then he just disappeared.
What is Lloyds contact status? Does anyone know?

Clipworthy
12-29-2010, 09:54 AM
lloyd has 1 more year, so i don't know why everyones debating

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm a pretty big BL fan. Have been for years. Probably not the best response, but kinda funny. Probably should have shyed away from taking the bait there.

camdisco24
12-29-2010, 10:18 AM
He earned the right to say that!
SO happy for him. Sounds like he likes it here in Denver too, after all, we gave him a chance.
Hope he's with us for a while. Congrats again Brandon!

GEM
12-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Note to Lloyd: Those teams didn't hold you back. You are a 9 year vet who did nothing on those teams to make them want to keep you. When you get cut once, it can be looked at as ok...when you get cut by 3 teams it might be time to look in the mirror. Business is business and you didn't perform so they decided to let you go. You came in and performed here and were rewarded...but had you sucked again, you probably would be cut again.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Congratulations Brandon!!!

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Note to Lloyd: Those teams didn't hold you back. You are a 9 year vet who did nothing on those teams to make them want to keep you. When you get cut once, it can be looked at as ok...when you get cut by 3 teams it might be time to look in the mirror. Business is business and you didn't perform so they decided to let you go. You came in and performed here and were rewarded...but had you sucked again, you probably would be cut again.

Eff you

Brandon

Northman
12-29-2010, 11:03 AM

Word.

GEM
12-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Eff you

Brandon

Go cry in your Hawaii Wheaties, Brandon.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Word.

suck up

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Go cry in your Hawaii Wheaties, Brandon.

cry about what? I'm a probowler beeotch

Elevation inc
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
we dont have to pay him crap now...he is under contract for next year as well...if he performs well again we know it isn't a fluke and can lock him up more....simple really....

Elevation inc
lloyd is under contract next year people....he signed a 2 year deal before the season....

Northman
cry about what? I'm a probowler beeotch

Oh, your good with balls alright. Salty ones. :elefant:

nevcraw
12-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Not exactly a PC way to say " I told you so" but if he can do it again next year - we will all be laughing!!

IMO there would have been very little man love for Orton this year without him. he also bailed out TT with a few spectacular grabs as well..
I just don't see any of the other WR's being able to make a lot of the catches he made -- and 20-40 yards down field to boot. and that includes Bmarsh.

SOCALORADO.
12-29-2010, 11:31 AM
lloyd is under contract next year people....he signed a 2 year deal before the season....

Good. I wasnt sure. That clears up any issues DEN might have.

PAINTERDAVE
12-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Not exactly a PC way to say " I told you so" but if he can do it again next year - we will all be laughing!!

IMO there would have been very little man love for Orton this year without him. he also bailed out TT with a few spectacular grabs as well..
I just don't see the any of the or WR's being able to make a lot of the catches he made and 20-40 yards down fiel to boot. and that includes Bmarsh.

He certainly has introduced us to the term "circus catch".

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2010, 12:37 PM
GO ahead Broncos, give him the big payday we know he wants (and that he played his butt off for this year).

Then, he can do what he did in Washington when they signed him to a big FA deal and shut it down. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the bad attitude on top of it and he can be our very own Haynesworth! Wait, at least Haynesworth had more than 1 good year before he got paid way more than he was worth.

Lloyd really needs to show me that he can do it in more than just one season and that there's reason to believe that he's genuine this time. How many guys have gotten huge paydays then never lived up to it? Haynesworth, Adalius Thomas, Trevor Price (that one hurt), and yes, even our very own Brandon Lloyd when the Redskins signed him.

It's going to take a lot for me to trust this dude.

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 12:38 PM
He's earned his trip to the pro bowl but to be bitter because he underachieved with those other teams is laying the blame at the wrong feet.

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
The hate for Brandon Lloyd on this board is amazing. For a guy who put up a pro bowl season and has had no issues with the law or the league you'd think he's the next coming of Travis Henry by the way some are bashing him. He can't even support his QB or make a joke to the media without getting blasted on here. It's flat out ridiculous.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 12:40 PM
The hate for Brandon Lloyd on this board is amazing. For a guy who put up a pro bowl season and has had no issues with the law or the league you'd think he's the next coming of Travis Henry by the way some are bashing him. He can't even support his QB or make a joke to the media without getting blasted on here. It's flat out ridiculous.

I'm not so sure it was a joke.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Good. I wasnt sure. That clears up any issues DEN might have.

Don't mean he won't hold out in the final year of his deal if we don't throw him a few more bills, though. Wouldn't that be awesome? A controversy for the new staff to deal with!

Brandon Lloyd plays for one thing, himself. You'll never convince me that after almost 10 years in the league he finally just woke up and decided that he's a team player and it's not just about the $ anymore. Especially when he's being paid peanuts right now.

If he goes through the offseason without a peep about an extension or getting paid then plays next year like he did this year, sure. Show him the money. Until then, he's just another WR that can be replaced.

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm not so sure it was a joke.

All the media that were there said it sounded half joking. And even if it were serious, who cares? That just means he is playing with a chip on his shoulder, which is a good thing for the Broncos. I just think people are blowing this quote way out of proportion.

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Don't mean he won't hold out in the final year of his deal if we don't throw him a few more bills, though. Wouldn't that be awesome? A controversy for the new staff to deal with!

Brandon Lloyd plays for one thing, himself. You'll never convince me that after almost 10 years in the leafue he finally just woke up and decided that he's a team player and it's not just about the $ anymore. Especially when he's being paid peanuts right now.

If he goes through the offseason without a peep about an extension or getting paid then plays next year like he did this year, sure. Show him the money. Until then, he's just another WR that can be replaced.

Hey, you just described 99% of the players in the NFL. Congrats! If you think any player in the league isn't going to put what's best for him and his family first in most situations I think you are pretty naive.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey, you just described 99% of the players in the NFL. Congrats! If you think any player in the league isn't going to put what's best for him and his family first in most situations I think you are pretty naive.

hmmm.. that was kinda my knee jerk reaction at first, but..,,, I don't think it's that cut and dry.

Whatever his motive, I like what he produced this year. Plus he's got an additional year on his contract, I think he can keep this performance up a few more years if healthy. Unless he just flops, we'll eventually have to consider giving him his payday

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
hmmm.. that was kinda my knee jerk reaction at first, but..,,, I don't think it's that cut and dry.

Whatever his motive, I like what he produced this year. Plus he's got an additional year on his contract, I think he can keep this performance up a few more years if healthy. Unless he just flops, we'll eventually have to consider giving him his payday

And it's not like NFL contracts are guaranteed so if he does get his payday and slack off we can just cut him.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 12:50 PM
And it's not like NFL contracts are guaranteed so if he does get his payday and slack off we can just cut him.

very true too. Let's see what he brings next year. with TimTebow under center and go from there. Until then, congrats Brandon Lloyd on your selection to the probowl. :elefant:

oh, and thank you for your service :salute:

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 12:52 PM
All the media that were there said it sounded half joking. And even if it were serious, who cares? That just means he is playing with a chip on his shoulder, which is a good thing for the Broncos. I just think people are blowing this quote way out of proportion.

Yeah and they said half serious. No it means he blames everyone else for his lack of success.

Elevation inc
12-29-2010, 12:52 PM

Brandon Lloyd plays for one thing, himself. You'll never convince me that after almost 10 years in the league he finally just woke up and decided that he's a team player and it's not just about the $ anymore. Especially when he's being paid peanuts right now.

well you never hit the im never gonna play in the nfl again stage, only to be saved by Josh MCD....perhaps it was the wake-up call he needed, we hear about these types of things all over the media comeback stories and players finally get it, and get there shot.....why you hate so much is beyond me....he must have burned you the last six years in fantasy or something:lol:

he will have his chance next year to prove its for real...why the urge to blast him after he has been a pros pro this year is beyond me...we would be winless if it wasn't for him.....

jhildebrand
12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Mal content :coffee:

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Mal content :coffee:

agreed. I'll take a yes man every time.

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 01:00 PM
agreed. I'll take a yes man every time.

It must have been a yes man to a degree palatable to McDaniels otherwise he would have been jettisoned.

Northman
12-29-2010, 01:01 PM

Way to over dramatic dude. Seriously.

Northman
12-29-2010, 01:02 PM

He does have kids to feed. :lol:

Or does he?

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Way to over dramatic dude. Seriously.

No, what's overdramatic is blasting Lloyd for supporting his QB and for this quote he made. Some Broncos fans are absolutely impossible to please.

Northman
12-29-2010, 01:04 PM
No, what's overdramatic is blasting Lloyd for supporting his QB and for this quote he made. Some Broncos fans are absolutely impossible to please.

Its not about pleasing me, honestly.

I just think its funny that he would even go there when he had no one but himself to blame for his failures. Furthermore, i just hope that he doesnt come asking for the farm after one year of success. Too risky for a guy who hasnt been consistent thoughout his career. Thats not blasting him, thats just good economics and common sense.

TXBRONC
12-29-2010, 01:05 PM

And some fans get overly critical of other fans.

jhildebrand
12-29-2010, 01:05 PM
It will certainly be interesting to see the take certain posters will have IF Lloyd comes asking for the farm.

Northman
12-29-2010, 01:07 PM
It will certainly be interesting to see the take certain posters will have IF Lloyd comes asking for the farm.

I wont like it but if he can reproduce than i wont gripe about it. If he does what he did in Wash than im going to rant like a mother******. :lol:

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 01:08 PM

if he does, I'd probably not support him. We're talking aboiut the farm now,

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 01:08 PM
And some fans get overly critical of other fans.

Well seeing as the fans on here can defend themselves and retort back I see that as a much more useful use for this forum than losing my mind going off on players who will never hear or care about what I have to say! :lol:

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Well seeing as the fans on here can defend themselves and retort back I see that as a much more useful use for this forum than losing my mind going off on players who will never hear or care about what I have to say! :lol:

I don't care what Beef says about you. I enjoy you

Nomad
12-29-2010, 01:10 PM

What kind of farm is it?!?!

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 01:11 PM

People care what Beef says? :D

jhildebrand

Right now it is more like a barren desert than a farm. Our midget, one trick pony OLB/DE got the farm

/sarcasm

BroncoNut
What kind of farm is it?!?!

In the NFL, I suppose that would be a contract extension with x amount guaranteed upfront :whoknows:

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 01:12 PM
People care what Beef says? :D

yeah they do, and I'd watch your step a bit there you little virgin

BroncoWave
12-29-2010, 01:14 PM
yeah they do, and I'd watch your step a bit there you little virgin

duly noted!

BroncoStud
12-29-2010, 01:15 PM
We actually had Brandon Marshall and Brandon Lloyd in the same passing attack... We actually had Peyton Hillis AND K. Moreno in the same backfield... It still sickens me to think about what we HAD a year ago...

Northman
12-29-2010, 01:17 PM

You would be just pissed because he took your sheep away.

Northman
12-29-2010, 01:18 PM

I cant quit him either.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
lol. Oh, I could quit Bailey the Best right now. If you can quit Beef, you are a man.

Nomad
12-29-2010, 01:20 PM
You would be just pissed because he took your sheep away.

I thought sheep farms were only in Montana!!:D

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 01:21 PM
back to subject please.

Elevation inc
12-29-2010, 01:26 PM

my stance would then be lets see what DT has:lol:...see I like lloyd alot always have...been touting him for many years and was basically listing him in every draft FA thread I made before we sgned him 2 games into 2009 season.....but i also dont belive big paydays should come with 1 year wonders...period...so if lloyd wants the farm even though he has 1 year left and is under contract and starts being a diva, he can go to miami just like marshalls punk ass....now if he wants to play next year, do his thing, be a baller and then ask for a new contract I'm fine with that especially if he has back to back probowl years with out the arrests or drama of some other Wr's

the guy guarenteed will play his ass of next year as well and then will probally ask for a big deal, but as of right now he is under contract for next year, so people really need to stop with the if he asks the farm in the offseason BS.....he is gonna holdout BS.....he has shown nothing in denver that alludes to this being his intentions...untill he does that bronco fans should rejoice the fact we have a legit pro bowl WR, who doesnt have huge ego issues at this point in his career

nevcraw
12-29-2010, 02:14 PM
I cant quit him either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlYo8EYTWI

underrated29
12-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow. Tough crowd here.

I like the fact that he said that. A lot!
And I would probably say the same thing too.

silkamilkamonico
12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Dude's a f'n monster and if he plays anythihng like this in his last year it would be a complete mistake not to try and extend him. Llloyd was one of the better WR's in the NFL this year.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Dude's a f'n monster and if he plays anythihng like this in his last year it would be a complete mistake not to try and extend him. Llloyd was one of the better WR's in the NFL this year.

go to broncosoutsiders and check out a thread posted by No.1BrandonLloydfan on the breakout year Brandon was going to have. Mind you, No.1 started the thread at the beginning of the season.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
But its been just ONE year out of 9. Orton had his best season, as a pro, this year as well.

I'm not sold on Lloyd yet. He had a great year. Ok. Now back that up with another and show us you aren't just having a career year. If he was young and new and entering his 3rd season I would say we need to lock this guy up. But he's not.

UrbanBounca
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I was hoping he would be a bit more professional, but then again, we all joke around and I can't see Lloyd actually getting upset about it.

silkamilkamonico
12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
IMHO, Orton wasn't one of the better QB's in the NFL. Lloyd was arguably an elite WR this year. I would also argue that there wasn't another WR in the NFL that made the kind of catches he made game in and game out, but I didn't see any others play every week.

I understand the 1 year out of 9 argument, but I will consider the garbage other teams (passing offense) he played for. IMHO it's just his situation, and the fact that the Bears, Redskins, and 49ers of recent years haven't been able to groom any WR because of their inept coaches.

Wingo from Primetime said a couple weeks back that "it seems like every week this guy is aking a highlight catch or 2".

If I'm another team watching his year, I'm probably not thinking about it because I run a different system. But he seems comfortable in Denver, he had a huge year, and I would most definetely take the chance on him succeeding again in this atmosphere. He was a significantly better WR then Eddie Royal. I think he's found confidence in Denver, and IMHO confidence can play a major impact role for the talent of a professional athlete.

BroncoNut
12-29-2010, 03:26 PM
pretty strong Silk. I agree with most, if not all of that though. Numbers do not lie

HORSEPOWER 56
12-29-2010, 03:33 PM
I was hoping he would be a bit more professional, but then again, we all joke around and I can't see Lloyd actually getting upset about it.

I think that would've been the right thing to do. Seeing the way Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis were sent packing (none for underperforming in their job, BTW) and not a single one gave the Broncos the big F U when they had the opportunity, I think it just shows Lloyd's character.

Cutler could sit back now and laugh in all of our faces and slam us until the cows come home, but he hasn't. Not one negative thing said about the Broncos even with his new found success. Maybe Lloyd should try to be just a little more humble...

underrated29
12-29-2010, 04:37 PM
I think that would've been the right thing to do. Seeing the way Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis were sent packing (none for underperforming in their job, BTW) and not a single one gave the Broncos the big F U when they had the opportunity, I think it just shows Lloyd's character.

Cutler could sit back now and laugh in all of our faces and slam us until the cows come home, but he hasn't. Not one negative thing said about the Broncos even with his new found success. Maybe Lloyd should try to be just a little more humble...

Sure, but I look at it like this.

The guy BEASTED the NFL...He is the #1 WR in the NFL. Better than Badass Andre J, Calvin J, Wayne, Jennings, Fitz, MArshall! all the big stars. And he does not get into any off field problems, no mcdonalds bags, no DUIs, no crap on the field. He makes the great catch, then he drops his head and runs back to the huddle. That IMO is humble.

If he wants to drop one FU to the clubs that didnt give him a chance, by all means brandon. You deserve it. Play the way you do, keep it humble on and off the field and I give you a pass on any Fbombs that need to be dropped.

Plus it was really funny. I think everyone had to chuckle a little.

Ravage!!!
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
He's not the best WR in the NFL. He had a good year. NO ONE considers him to be the best in the NFL, not even this season. He just had a really good year.... one out of 9.

underrated29
12-29-2010, 04:43 PM
never said best in the nfl. Just the #1 right now in the nfl.

I would take all that i listed except marshall over lloyd. Fact of the matter is though, he has out produced all of them.

Elevation inc
12-29-2010, 06:18 PM
this hate for lloyd is f'in stupid beyond belief, I cant wait till he balls again next year and shoves it all in your faces and says f'u to everyone of his haters on national TV...i pray that happens....

Elevation inc
12-29-2010, 06:19 PM
dude is without a doubt the # 1 big play reciever in the NFL outside of desean jackson...hands down, not a single WR in the pros has had a year of catching the football the way he has in years....and if itwasnt for him orton would be staring at 2200 yds, 20 td's and 20 Int's

Nomad
12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Why ya movin from italy INC!!

Elevation inc
12-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Why ya movin from italy INC!!

lost my job here in october, so i got a new job in Washignton DC with Columbia Air guard as a civilian full time.....going back to working jets....

Nomad
12-29-2010, 06:28 PM
lost my job here in october, so i got a new job in Washignton DC with Columbia Air guard as a civilian full time.....going back to working jets....

Sorry to hear that! I got the ax last Friday as well but the job was finished/complete so they didn't need me any longer!! Well, after March 1 if you're ever in Anchorage, let me know!! We leave Minot Feb 15!!

Elevation inc
12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear that! I got the ax last Friday as well but the job was finished/complete so they didn't need me any longer!! Well, after March 1 if you're ever in Anchorage, let me know!! We leave Minot Feb 15!!

sweet no more minot for ya, and actually i think my guard unit is deploying to elmendorf in july for 3 weeks....that will be fun...lol

dogfish
12-30-2010, 02:49 AM
what an assclown. . . those clubs all paid him good money and all he ever did for them was short-arm balls like a big poosy. . . now he has one productive year in a chuck-it system, and he wants to bump his gums. . .

he didn't even need to bother to say it-- his performance for those clubs was one big "**** you". . . only two words he should have for those teams is "i'm sorry". . .

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
what an assclown. . . those clubs all paid him good money and all he ever did for them was short-arm balls like a big poosy. . . now he has one productive year in a chuck-it system, and he wants to bump his gums. . .

he didn't even need to bother to say it-- his performance for those clubs was one big "**** you". . . only two words he should have for those teams is "i'm sorry". . .

We can always count on you Dog to everyone where the bear sleeps. :salute:

GEM
12-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Why is it the minute you say something in anyway negative, it automatically equals hate. I love what Lloyd does on the field, I didn't like that he gave his old teams the FU as if he had played lights out for them and they just cut him for no reason. It doesn't mean that I think he's a terrible person or that I don't like having him on the Broncos, it's just the facts. 3 teams cut him because he didn't perform for them. So why do they get an FU when he was the one that didn't fulfil his side of the contract?

Then it gets turned into...oh Broncos fans need a whipping boy and now Lloyd is it....:rolleyes:

weazel
12-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I didnt know he was Asian... and why would he be thanking his former teams?

Elevation inc
12-30-2010, 03:51 PM

my english is rusty what is the meaning of the term assclown????

:lol:

stop hating dog...lol

shit i would pump my guns to if i just spent only the last six months putting together the collage of highlight catches it takes many pro bowl recievers careers to do......he got sticky glue hands man, maybe he hit puberty late or something....:lol:

nevcraw
12-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Why is it the minute you say something in anyway negative, it automatically equals hate. I love what Lloyd does on the field, I didn't like that he gave his old teams the FU as if he had played lights out for them and they just cut him for no reason. It doesn't mean that I think he's a terrible person or that I don't like having him on the Broncos, it's just the facts. 3 teams cut him because he didn't perform for them. So why do they get an FU when he was the one that didn't fulfil his side of the contract? Then it gets turned into...oh Broncos fans need a whipping boy and now Lloyd is it....:rolleyes:

your facts are assuming that his less than stellar stints in SF, WAS, CHI, were doomed by LLoyd. This maybe true but it also could be not true or only partially true.. The facts are he plays WR, which needs a QB, and a designed play / offense to get him the ball for him to do his job. With those teams his lead QB's were - Garcia(BL rookie season), Ratay, Alex Smith, Brunell/Cambell, and Kyle Orton(Chi version). None of these team were offensive juggernauts and the best record was 9-7 and a few cellar dwellars.
My point is --assuming that LLoyd was to blame for his cisrumstances maybe a bit too simplified and it could have been a combination of things including who was or was not getting him the ball or how they played as an example..

While his FU may have been tacky - it could shed light to the circumstances of his time in those places..

EMB6903
12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Great WR's dont need stand out passing systems or great QB's to put up numbers..

nevcraw
12-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Great WR's dont need stand out passing systems or great QB's to put up numbers..

Who said "standout" or "great"??

adquate or decent would do.. or do these guys chuck to themselves.. I missed that in all of Jerry Rice's highlight reels.. :laugh:

EMB6903
12-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Who said "standout" or "great"??

adquate or decent would do.. or do these guys chuck to themselves.. I missed that in all of Jerry Rice's highlight reels.. :laugh:

I wouldnt even say he was playing as an average WR most of his career. Before coming to Denver you could argue that hes only had one average season. The rest?

Below average at best..

jhildebrand
12-30-2010, 05:45 PM
So...just out of curiousity.

I know myself and others have posted that a large portion of Orton's numbers came from 'garbage time.'

I am curious to see how much of Lloyd's numbers came from garbage time.

Don't get me wrong, I am not here to discount Lloyd. I am an equal opportunity cynic :D No, seriously, I am just curious. I do think Lloyd escapes some criticisms, especially in light of this article, that past Denver WR's might have been more roundly derided for similar comments.

threefolddead
12-30-2010, 06:43 PM
If he finds a good natured way to say that I want to know how. I'd have a lot of calls to make.

Northman
12-30-2010, 06:56 PM

Bingo.

Northman
12-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Why is it the minute you say something in anyway negative, it automatically equals hate. I love what Lloyd does on the field, I didn't like that he gave his old teams the FU as if he had played lights out for them and they just cut him for no reason. It doesn't mean that I think he's a terrible person or that I don't like having him on the Broncos, it's just the facts. 3 teams cut him because he didn't perform for them. So why do they get an FU when he was the one that didn't fulfil his side of the contract?

Then it gets turned into...oh Broncos fans need a whipping boy and now Lloyd is it....:rolleyes:

Because they have a small penis.

GEM
12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
your facts are assuming that his less than stellar stints in SF, WAS, CHI, were doomed by LLoyd. This maybe true but it also could be not true or only partially true.. The facts are he plays WR, which needs a QB, and a designed play / offense to get him the ball for him to do his job. With those teams his lead QB's were - Garcia(BL rookie season), Ratay, Alex Smith, Brunell/Cambell, and Kyle Orton(Chi version). None of these team were offensive juggernauts and the best record was 9-7 and a few cellar dwellars.
My point is --assuming that LLoyd was to blame for his cisrumstances maybe a bit too simplified and it could have been a combination of things including who was or was not getting him the ball or how they played as an example..

While his FU may have been tacky - it could shed light to the circumstances of his time in those places..

8 years in the league, cut by 3 teams, sat inactive on a 4th. Sorry, that doesn't scream success just not being utilized. If he had that supreme talent and showed it during game time, one of the 3 teams would have kept him on the roster. If it were 1 team, yea I could believe it, but not 3. You don't just cut talent, you either play them or trade them for value. He was CUT 3 times. So while he is applying himself now and seeing success, he didn't then apparently. Maybe he was humbled by those experiences and figured out that if he didn't get it together, he wouldn't be in the NFL, I don't know. I don't know what was in his head. All I know is that those teams took a chance on him, which is more than a lot of football players get, he didn't make the most of it, and the teams went a different direction. No reason for the FU.

dogfish
12-30-2010, 10:52 PM
8 years in the league, cut by 3 teams, sat inactive on a 4th. Sorry, that doesn't scream success just not being utilized. If he had that supreme talent and showed it during game time, one of the 3 teams would have kept him on the roster. If it were 1 team, yea I could believe it, but not 3. You don't just cut talent, you either play them or trade them for value. He was CUT 3 times. So while he is applying himself now and seeing success, he didn't then apparently. Maybe he was humbled by those experiences and figured out that if he didn't get it together, he wouldn't be in the NFL, I don't know. I don't know what was in his head. All I know is that those teams took a chance on him, which is more than a lot of football players get, he didn't make the most of it, and the teams went a different direction. No reason for the FU.

lloyd has NO ONE but himself to blame for getting cut-- a lot of teams don't want wide receivers that won't go across the middle of the field. . . if you can only be effective on two or three routes, don't play special teams and can't block, it's a lot harder to find a good fit. . . and no, that's not me "hating on" lloyd-- it's just how it is. . .

DenBronx
12-30-2010, 10:57 PM
lloyd has NO ONE but himself to blame for getting cut-- a lot of teams don't want wide receivers that won't go across the middle of the field. . . if you can only be effective on two or three routes, don't play special teams and can't block, it's a lot harder to find a good fit. . . and no, that's not me "hating on" lloyd-- it's just how it is. . .

well hopefully we reap the benifits from llyod being humbled. i think something might have finally clicked for him. although, he did get cut due to injuries from a couple of those teams. he's under contract and if we trade him for a 4th or 5th it really wont benifit the team at all. he's more valuable here making plays down the field.

gaffney would be the wr i would think we should trade off.

TXBRONC
12-30-2010, 11:10 PM
well hopefully we reap the benifits from llyod being humbled. i think something might have finally clicked for him. although, he did get cut due to injuries from a couple of those teams. he's under contract and if we trade him for a 4th or 5th it really wont benifit the team at all. he's more valuable here making plays down the field.

gaffney would be the wr i would think we should trade off.

I think Lloyd would be worth more in trade because of his production.

DenBronx
12-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I think Lloyd would be worth more in trade because of his production.

i dont know...holmes only brought in a 5th to pitt. llyod put up bigger numbers with no off field issues but holmes is younger. i just think keeping brandon would be the smart thing to do. if he puts up monster numbers again then we could give him an extension.

Juriga72
12-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Lloyds stats say that he will take the next 2-3 years off....

Of course ONE good season in 9 years might just be the "Abnormality"
here..