PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of server downtime tonight

Tned
12-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Ok, sort of. The datacenter where the server is located sent me an email on Monday, that unfortunately went into my spam folder. Routine testing showed a fault on the power distribution unit (PDU) that BroncosForums is fed from. They scheduled a maintenance period from 11:00-3:00 CST to take down all the servers, replaced the PDU, and then bring the servers back online.

Unfortunately, I never saw the email to post a notice about the down time on here.

The support company is making sure everything came up ok, and there is a slim chance they will have to reboot or do some other work, but if so, that should be brief.

UrbanBounca
12-29-2010, 03:04 AM
I noticed the server status said "Maintenance," but I was able to login and browse normally. (3:04a EST)

dogfish
12-29-2010, 03:08 AM
i demand a refund of my membership dues!

Tned
12-29-2010, 03:15 AM
I noticed the server status said "Maintenance," but I was able to login and browse normally. (3:04a EST)

Server came back up at 2:30 EST. After it was down for about an hour, I disabled the monitoring at Hyperspin, so it wouldn't keep paging me, which is why it says Maintenance on the home page.

pnbronco
12-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Good I thought it was me........:laugh: