PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Brandon Lloyd

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 07:03 PM
You made the pro bowl!

Kudos.

You deserve it.

See you Sunday when you help Tim out again.

camdisco24
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Congrats Brandon!
This is a hard earned honor.

Glad to have him representing the Broncos in the pro bowl.

BroncoWave
12-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Very well deserved. I hope he is a Bronco for a while!

Jake Klug
12-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I heard him on with Sandy Clough today. It was kind of refreshing to hear how appreciative he was and how candid he was about this almost not happening because he was left by the side of the road.

zbeg
12-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Good for Lloyd! Who saw THAT coming after the Marshall trade?

I'm surprised (and sad) Champ didn't make it. He played at a PB-level this year. I figured he was a shoo-in for another one after Dwayne Bowe's goose egg. Champ was playing well all year, but the Bowe shutout got a lot of attention since Bowe was having one of the hottest stretches in NFL history heading into that game.

From Lindsay Jones (of the Denver Post)'s twitter:

@PostBroncos The AFC WRs are Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe and Lloyd ...... Champ shut down two of 'em (and didn't get a chance to play AJ).

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2010, 07:21 PM
:salute: CONGRATULATIONS BRANDON - DEFINITELY DESERVED :salute:

After seven seasons of many thrills but little consistency, Brandon Lloyd put it all together in year 8.

The Broncos' top receiver following the departure of the disgruntled Brandon Marshall, Lloyd was named to the AFC Pro Bowl team Tuesday, completing a remarkable comeback.

Lloyd leads the NFL with 1,375 receiving yards on 72 catches. His 10 touchdown receptions are tied for fifth in the league.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16959835

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Good for Lloyd! Who saw THAT coming after the Marshall trade?

I'm surprised (and sad) Champ didn't make it. He played at a PB-level this year. I figured he was a shoo-in for another one after Dwayne Bowe's goose egg. Champ was playing well all year, but the Bowe shutout got a lot of attention since Bowe was having one of the hottest stretches in NFL history heading into that game.

From Lindsay Jones (of the Denver Post)'s twitter:

@PostBroncos The AFC WRs are Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe and Lloyd ...... Champ shut down two of 'em (and didn't get a chance to play AJ).

I agree that Champ deserves to be there also.

Jake Klug
12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Another thing that Ive liked is that he has continued to peform for Tebow. Tebow has fed him the ball and he has responded. He didnt pout and start giving half-effort.

BroncoBJ
12-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Sucks that Tim Tebow didn't make it. I thought for sure after the Texans game that he would be a lock to make it. Oh well. :coffee:

Bronco4ever
12-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Along with Lloyd's highlight reel catches every game, I just love his enthusiasm. He springs up after every catch like it's his first catch in the NFL. You can tell Brandon just loves to be out there competing. Much deserved selection.

Kenny
12-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Awesome news! Congratulations to Mr. Lloyd!

BigSarge87
12-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Now if we can keep Thomas healthy and get him playing half that well...damn.

TiminatorTebow
12-28-2010, 08:19 PM
It's nice to see hard work paying off. Tebow Lloyd have a lot in common.

Bosco
12-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Awesome news. Kid played out of his mind this year.

Day1BroncoFan
12-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Good job Brandon, tear 'em up!!!

Davii
12-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Congratulations Brandon! Very well deserved! I hope we see him on the Broncos for years to come.

Happy he made it, but I am VERY disappointed that Champ did not. Champ played very well this year, certainly good enough to be one of the top three corners in the AFC. I think how horrid this team has been is the reason Champ wasn't honored. Sad, but true.

nevcraw
12-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Congrats LLoyd! I want you back fo sho! - you have been a blast to watch!!

this is one of very few bright spots for the Mcd tenure in Denver.
I would also give credit to Xanders (our future top dog GM) but since from his own admission has been nothing but a lap dog the last 2 years years he deserves none.

tripleoption
12-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Any word on possible alternates?

spikerman
12-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Ok, I'm wearing my flame-resistant underwear so I'm prepared, but I'm ok with Bailey not making it. I didn't think he had a great year. Yes, he was great against Bowe, but especially early in the season I almost felt like teams were targeting him and having success doing it. There are several very good corners in the AFC so I can't argue with his omission.

TXBRONC
12-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Well done Lloyd and very much deserved.

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Any word on possible alternates?

I looked... did not see the list... it was not printed with the winners.

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 09:53 PM
He he... I just imagined Kyle franticly scrambling to find the alternate list.... :laugh:

MasterShake
12-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Thats great news! One of our brightest spots this year, and I barely knew who he was. I remember going to the game against Indy and he made that beautiful catch in the endzone, and I was like, "Who is that?". He kept my attention the rest of the year.

Makes me miss that other Brandon a lot less!:salute:

Going into the offseason, its good to know we have a pro bowl type receiver to help us going forward. Already looking forward to a retooled team next year with a pretty good offense in place, and a big part of that is B. Lloyd!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
He he... I just imagined Kyle franticly scrambling to find the alternate list.... :laugh:

Well, seeing as how 2 of the 3 AFC QBs are most likely going deep into the playoffs and the probowl is again the week before the Superbowl, I'd be willing to be Manning and Brady won't be going again. That leaves 2 slots to fill (along with Rivers) so it's going to be the "consolation prize pro-bowl" like last year where greats like David Garrard were playing QB...

If enough people back out as alternates, Orton might just get in like Plummer did back in '06 (Plummer didn't play though, due to "injury").

Northman
12-28-2010, 10:58 PM
You mean Orton didnt get in?!!! Oh my!!

Congrats to Brandon.

pnbronco
12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
A big congrts B. Lloyd.......:salute:

It's so nice to see you rewarded for all your hard work.

I am bummed about Champ though.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2010, 05:55 PM
By Brandon Lloyd

@BroncosForums thank you for accepting me! 4 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to BroncosForums

http://twitter.com/mrblloyd

AND from Lindsay:

Broncos fans, send your congrats on the Pro Bowl to Brandon Lloyd -- @mrblloyd. He needs more followers! 36 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/postbroncos