PDA

View Full Version : Union: NFL players, owners sense urgency in talks

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2010, 01:11 PM
NEW YORK (AP)—Union executive committee member Brian Dawkins(notes) says he believes NFL owners and players have a sense of urgency to avoid a lockout because they don’t want to alienate fans.

The veteran Denver Broncos safety said Tuesday “we understand who butters our bread.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfllabor

Northman
12-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Dawkins may have lost a step on the field but he hasnt lost a step when it comes to common sense.

Lancane
12-28-2010, 01:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfllabor

Thanks again Carol, you're always on the ball! :salute:

It's good to see that their fires are lit to get the damn thing done, especially before the UFL becomes the next AFL. But I have to question that quote of Dawkins'
“we understand who butters our bread.” I didn't think we had players on the roster who swung like that!

:lol:

Nomad
12-28-2010, 01:29 PM
You're right North, Dawkins knows who puts the dinner on the table for him and his NFL comrades!!

I believe restructuring the rookie salary is more important than the 18 game thing. I believe the proven vets deserves that cash than some unproven rookie who the media hypes up. As far as the 18 game thing goes. it would be nice to see more games but it's not a make or break thing for me as a fan!!

BORDERLINE
12-28-2010, 03:51 PM
If there is a lockout, us fans will still come back after it

I love football, I follow all off season moves, watch NFL network pretty much anytime i'm infront of the tv same with espn and I'm a Madden player as well...

this sport is too popular for it to lose fans people will be mad but they all will come back...

I agree with NOMAD....the vets should get the bulk of the cash...not a unproven rookie...the whole 18 game thing is a bad idea teams need 4 pre-season games to get in the swing of things and pick the right players...If that happens alot of BAD football is gonna be airing the first 2 weeks...

silkamilkamonico
12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Yea, I personally do not think a lockout is going to be a big deal with the fanbase. Fans will be mad, but they aren't going to not support the NFL when it comes back. It has just evolved to be such an important part of the fall culture and has become such a big deal.

I also think this is just PR feelgood talk, and that there will be a lockout. Just MHO.