PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's Yards Per Attempt ratio leads all QBs

robert ethan
12-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Nearly 10 yards per pass thrown. So much for the guys that said he was going to be a dink and dunk passer with a popgun arm. Bradford is around 6. Tim is also second to Tom Brady in 1st down % passing with 41.7, and sixth overall in passer rating at 100.7. That includes Steven McGee ahead of him who has played just half a game this season.

GEM
12-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I thought the funny one yesterday was when they showed the top yardage QB's and Tebow was 4th. :lol: 27 rushing yards and 320 passing yards....but he can't pass the ball, right? :D

Northman
12-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Championship.

GEM
12-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Championship.

Sorry North....it's too late for that this season, but there's always next season. :D

:lol:

Dzone
12-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Tebow could lead us to the playoffs but the "experts" will still say "he needs to fix his throwing motion and he needs to stop running the ball"...

Northman
12-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I stopped listening to critics years ago.

Jake Klug
12-27-2010, 10:34 PM
When you can buy time and threaten the defense with your feet, stuff loosens up.

chazoe60
12-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Tim Tebow can't play QB in the NFL, didn't you hear? If that mouth breathing mongoloid Mel Kiper says it, it must be true.

Krugan
12-27-2010, 10:37 PM
How many attempts? really, come on people...

Not hard to bump a per attempt average thru the rough when you have 50-60 attempts.

scott.475
12-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Sorry North....it's too late for that this season, but there's always next season. :D

:lol:

GEM, why you gotta be such a Debbie Downer? You gotta have faith! The glass is half full! Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it! :lol:

GEM
12-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Debbie Downer my ass.....I called it. Championship next season. :D

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Tebow had a great game yesterday, but I did not realize that they would throw a QB, who has only started 2 games, in with QBs who have been playing all season, to get stats :confused:

abagel84
12-27-2010, 11:28 PM

Not hard to bump a per attempt average thru the rough when you have 50-60 attempts.

Tebow's 19.3 yards per COMPLETION vs Houston was the 2nd highest average among ALL NFL QBs in 2010. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

turftoad
12-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Tebow's 19.3 yards per COMPLETION vs Houston was the 2nd highest average among ALL NFL QBs in 2010. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

Houston has the worst pass "D" in the league.

That said, Tebow did have a good game but I'm still not appointing him as the next comming... yet.

broncobryce
12-27-2010, 11:33 PM

Then why don't you go do it?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

shank
12-27-2010, 11:44 PM
i don't care about the sample size. there are people who, 2 weeks ago, would have bet their middle testicle that tebow would never in his career have a passing performance like that. let alone in his 2nd start. this thread is for those people.

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Tebow could lead us to the playoffs but the "experts" will still say "he needs to fix his throwing motion and he needs to stop running the ball"...

Chan Gailey came into Pittsburgh and DESTROYED Kordell Stewarts career.
He forced #10 to be who he was not. Tried to force him to act liek Gailey thoguht a QB should act.

Not all QB's have to be the same...
they dont all have to win the same way.
I doubt Manning could make that TD run Tebow made.

With time Tebow will develop more... and get better...
better along the lines of how Tebow get's better...
not better along the lines of how the "experts" think they should dictate.

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 12:24 AM
So please, Pat...

don't hire a Coach who thinks like the "experts".

GEM
12-28-2010, 12:26 AM
He forced #10 to be who he was not. Tried to force him to act liek Gailey thoguht a QB should act.

Not all QB's have to be the same...
they dont all have to win the same way.

With time Tebow will develop more... and get better...
better along the lines of how Tebow get's better...
not better along the lines of how the "experts" think they should dictate.

Manning made the run on Sunday. He went down at about the 3 yard line. He had a defender on his butt and he went to the ground, though after reading some thoughts on it, he went down for the time on the clock.

So yea...Manning doesn't do it often at all, but he made the same run just Sunday.

Screw the "experts" it is fun to see them proven wrong. :D

sneakers
12-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Wooo for stats!

OrangeHoof
12-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't think Tebow's stats are going to matter much, other than Ws and Ls. IOW, I doubt his stats are going to look all that pretty but he'll find a way to win which seems to be how Tebow is hard-wired. He could be 1-for-20 passing and if that one pass is the game-winning TD, Timmy will be smiling because he just punked your ass again.

Day1BroncoFan
12-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Tebow is the inTimidator

TimBuff10
12-28-2010, 01:16 AM
How many of his yards are after the catch? I know that TD that he got credit for was ALL Buckhalter. He had one nice long pass yesterday to Gaffney and got really lucky on another long one to Lloyd. Same thing happened last week with the lucky catch to Lloyd that was actually out of bounds before he had control.

I guess if the luck keeps following him though and you can count on him getting lucky every week then that is great! Hate to see what happens if the luck ever runs out and teams figure out how to defend him though.

Softskull
12-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Nearly 10 yards per pass thrown. So much for the guys that said he was going to be a dink and dunk passer with a popgun arm. Bradford is around 6. Tim is also second to Tom Brady in 1st down % passing with 41.7, and sixth overall in passer rating at 100.7. That includes Steven McGee ahead of him who has played just half a game this season.

Sample size is weak...and he got to play against the Texan's secondary. Call me next October.

Day1BroncoFan
12-28-2010, 01:20 AM
How many of his yards are after the catch? I know that TD that he got credit for was ALL Buckhalter. He had one nice long pass yesterday to Gaffney and got really lucky on another long one to Lloyd. Same thing happened last week with the lucky catch to Lloyd that was actually out of bounds before he had control.

I guess if the luck keeps following him though and you can count on him getting lucky every week then that is great! Hate to see what happens if the luck ever runs out and teams figure out how to defend him though.

I don't think the one to Lloyd was luck, that was a great catch by Lloyd. As for the Bucky TD I think you'd see that Bucky has that listed in his stats also.

Stats are just that numbers, they aren't the whole story.

The fact is we came back from 17-0 and won 24-23 and all of those passes, runs and ints contributed.

Northman
12-28-2010, 01:28 AM

Up until this weekend i would of agreed with you. However, as shocked as i was Manning ran for like 18 yds or more and almost made the endzone against the faid. He just doesnt have Tebow's speed. :lol:

Tebow666
12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
When you can buy time and threaten the defense with your feet, stuff loosens up.

right on my brother!
this is what we need, its what we were used to having when we had championships teams, and its what we like to see.
Broncos are not made for pocket QBs only. We need the mobile, botlegging, roll-out, extend plays and run it if u have to QBs!
Its this type of QBs that make us believe in victory till the end, the game is never over if you have guys with this attitude.

We are back BIG TIME if we can get defense together!

Skacorica
12-28-2010, 11:49 AM

Lloyd was not out of bounds before he had control. Do you need some replays?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVzHySlRluA

Also, Id hate to find out what happens when the league figures out how to defend Orton. Oh wait.

Sinthor
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
I love how everyone likes to parrot that "when they have more tape on Tebow and are prepared for his style."

What the heck does that mean? I mean, Tebow's no Michael Vick, but they were saying that for a LONG time about MV and you know what? Nobody's really managed to "defend against his style" just yet and dude's been playing for like 7 years now.

How about figuring out Peyton Manning's "style?" Said the same crap about Elway. Bottom line, a mobile quarterback gives you OPTIONS. The POINT of that mobility is to extend plays when they break down and then make something come of them.

I thought they played Tebow well this week and showed what he can really become. NOT in running QB draws almost every third down like in the Raiders game, but his mobility in the pocket where he extended the play so he could make a passing gain and the few times nothing was there and he still managed to get a few yards. THAT is what he can develop into. THAT is what he needs to develop into because yes, if they ran him as often as they "could," he'd end up injured for sure.

Still remains to be seen if he'll make it or not, but I really like what I'm seeing so far and think he's already given those critics the middle finger, so to speak. They have nothing really else to say unless he ends up flaming out in which case they'll breathe a huge sigh of relief before their "I told you so's!" light up the media.

Elevation inc
12-28-2010, 12:13 PM

well i dont blame him for that, he watched from a seasoned pro like orton all year right...I mean all orton did was throw off target inaccurate throws to lloyd who would bail his ass out constantlty with insane catches and orton was crowned for it, now tebow does it and he is lucky...:lol: aight then....sure was nice to have a Qb run for a TD again after the play broke down.....that wasnt luck there hero and that one gave us the lead....

LordTrychon
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I love how everyone likes to parrot that "when they have more tape on Tebow and are prepared for his style."

What the heck does that mean? I mean, Tebow's no Michael Vick, but they were saying that for a LONG time about MV and you know what? Nobody's really managed to "defend against his style" just yet and dude's been playing for like 7 years now.

How about figuring out Peyton Manning's "style?" Said the same crap about Elway. Bottom line, a mobile quarterback gives you OPTIONS. The POINT of that mobility is to extend plays when they break down and then make something come of them.

I thought they played Tebow well this week and showed what he can really become. NOT in running QB draws almost every third down like in the Raiders game, but his mobility in the pocket where he extended the play so he could make a passing gain and the few times nothing was there and he still managed to get a few yards. THAT is what he can develop into. THAT is what he needs to develop into because yes, if they ran him as often as they "could," he'd end up injured for sure.

Still remains to be seen if he'll make it or not, but I really like what I'm seeing so far and think he's already given those critics the middle finger, so to speak. They have nothing really else to say unless he ends up flaming out in which case they'll breathe a huge sigh of relief before their "I told you so's!" light up the media.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

But a LOT of the time, when a player comes off the bench that hasn't played all season, or in a while... the other team has a hard time adjusting to him. Not just about the running style, but the way he reacts to defenses, etc.

Fortunately, Tebow's still changing and growing... so they can't learn too much just yet.

arapaho2
12-28-2010, 01:13 PM
i think the biggest impact on tebows second half was Mccoys willingness to change the play selection
we started out heavy on the bubble screens, screens and draws...when the defense adjusted to it and started stopping it...the offense went stagnant....until mccoy started letting tebow throw down field

if mcd was still calling plays we would have continued to run the ineffective plays because he the great mastermind that he is thought they would work

SOCALORADO.
12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
i think the biggest impact on tebows second half was Mccoys willingness to change the play selection
we started out heavy on the bubble screens, screens and draws...when the defense adjusted to it and started stopping it...the offense went stagnant....until mccoy started letting tebow throw down field

if mcd was still calling plays we would have continued to run the ineffective plays because he the great mastermind that he is thought they would work

Ageed. Much like the mastermind that is McDebacle, i would play the Amerstam Admirals in goal-line defense all game and still beat my girlfreind who played me with the 2001 Stl Rams back in the day.
Theres just no accounting for the brilliance of the nintendo playcalling.
Now i dont even have a video game console.....almost.....like i was.......fired.

topscribe
12-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Experts ought to be saying that the Broncos need to fix the defense because
until that happens neither Tebow nor any other QB will lead the Broncos
anywhere near the playoffs . . .

-----

robert ethan
12-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Tebow has thrown the ball downfield more than any of the other rookie QBs this season. I think it was mid season before St.Louis let Bradford throw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage. McCoy is in the Drew Brees style of quick checkoff passes near the line of scrimmage, Clausen and the others can't complete passes at any range so far.

I Eat Staples
12-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Tebow has thrown the ball downfield more than any of the other rookie QBs this season. I think it was mid season before St.Louis let Bradford throw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage. McCoy is in the Drew Brees style of quick checkoff passes near the line of scrimmage, Clausen and the others can't complete passes at any range so far.

Lol what a lie.

robert ethan
12-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Lol what a lie.

Lol, that someone named I Eat Staples takes everything literally.

Sinthor
12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I see what you're saying.

But a LOT of the time, when a player comes off the bench that hasn't played all season, or in a while... the other team has a hard time adjusting to him. Not just about the running style, but the way he reacts to defenses, etc.

Fortunately, Tebow's still changing and growing... so they can't learn too much just yet.

I know what you mean here. Yes, you can prep for someone to an extent. For QB's like Michael Vick and maybe Tebow you can set someone up as a "spy" and other things to help limit the damage they can do to you in that way. They used to try this with Elway a lot. The problem then becomes that if they can start making you pay in other phases of the game, you have to either give that up or stick with it and pay the bill.

My point was just that a lot of people say that like once teams have a little bit of Tebow on film they can just stop him from doing anything. Not gonna happen with him or (and especially) any other established player.

Sinthor
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Lol, that someone named I Eat Staples takes everything literally.

Easy way to settle or prove that would be to look at the average yards per attempt for each. Still I know what was trying to be said and it's true. They didn't have Bradford throwing deep over the middle for a good amount of time. One could argue that as they've opened up the offense to him, it's coincided with his more recent "slump" over the past 4-5 games. Bottom line, none of these guys are ready for the full NFL offensive package when they first start. They may still be effective, but it takes a few seasons to FULLY adapt and reach their playing "manhood" in the NFL. Look at Matt Ryan even. Not until this year has he been truly effective in making all the plays they've asked of him. Same was true for Rothlesburger and others. The only QB I remember seeing that seemed to really "get" the full NFL game during their first year was Marino. He of the way under average Wonderlic score. :) So much for THOSE tests. I really don't put a whole lot of stock in those as they've shown that some of the results are misleading. Vince Young for example scored so low they had him take it again and THEN he scored in the average range they'd expected. Some people just aren't great with tests.

broncobryce
12-28-2010, 10:21 PM
When teams get more tape on him, he will also be improving his game. So it works both ways.

robert ethan
12-28-2010, 10:28 PM
It will be a lot harder to "figure out" Tebow than the other rookie QBs. You could see that at the end of the last game. Tim would take the ball and bounce back and forth on his feet. The D had no idea whether he was going to run right, run left, pass right, pass left, or go up the middle. Defenses have to rush wide to keep him contained, then he can step up in the pocket, freezing the defensive backs and linebackers. Once they hesitate it opens up most or all the receivers.

Lancane
12-28-2010, 11:18 PM
http://www.gagreport.com/Funny_Pictures/Funny%20Pics%20(6-21-07)/football_jesus.jpg
Jesus says "Shut the Hell Up, Tebow is the Bomb-Diggity!"

zbeg
12-28-2010, 11:28 PM

Kordell Stewart destroyed Kordell's career. He was a headcase and he didn't take instruction well. Chan Gailey tried to fix his mechanics, but Stewart didn't listen, continued to make poor decisions on the field, and never figured out how to throw the ball accurately. Then when he got benched, he cried.

Let's not pretend that Kordell was some blossoming flower that would have vaulted to greatness had he just gotten a little bit of TLC. The guy was a bad quarterback period, and he never put in the time and effort to become better.

Jake Klug
12-28-2010, 11:31 PM
http://www.gagreport.com/Funny_Pictures/Funny%20Pics%20(6-21-07)/football_jesus.jpg
Jesus says "Shut the Hell Up, Tebow is the Bomb-Diggity!"

A better caption would have been, "Jesus says, "Dont touch me there!""

Lancane
12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
A better caption would have been, "Jesus says, "Dont touch me there!""

Hahaha...so wrong bro, so wrong indeed! :lol: