PDA

View Full Version : Broncos @ Raiders -- Who Has The Edge??

TheSportsGuru
09-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Welcome to a Week 1 edition of The Edge, MileHighReport's in-depth look at this week's Broncos game. Each week I'll take a look at the rosters and give my thoughts on which team had the advantage in each area. I'll then give my official prediction. As always, I look forward to your feedback.

Enough talk, it's Broncos/Raiders. Who has "The Edge"?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/9/8/606898/denver-broncos-oakland-rai

BroncoNut
09-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm afraid this will be a tough one for the Broncos to pull off with it being a homegame for Oakland and Denver's history with season openers. I look for a close game, but the Raiders eeking this one out. 13-10

BeefStew25
09-08-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm afraid this will be a tough one for the Broncos to pull off with it being a homegame for Oakland and Denver's history with season openers. I look for a close game, but the Raiders eeking this one out. 13-10

Ballsy prediction, Nut. Dog Ballsy.

Mike
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Well, Denver doesn't have Jake anymore. That has to count for something in regards to season openers, doesn't it? ;)

BroncoNut
09-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Well, Denver doesn't have Jake anymore. That has to count for something in regards to season openers, doesn't it? ;)

Certainly Mike, most certainly. We barely got out of Buffalo with a W last year though, not even a division rival. so put that in your pipe and smoke it and challenge me no more.

tia

Mike
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Certainly Mike, most certainly. We barely got out of Buffalo with a W last year though, not even a division rival. so put that in your pipe and smoke it and challenge me no more.

tia

Well, that was east coast game. Denver doesn't play well on the east coast.

They also weren't playing Shanahan's #1 most hated team.

Don't get feisty, nut. I am wearing my orange colored glasses today. ;)

BroncoNut
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
yeah, Buffalo, NY is nestled on the east coast. Good point Mike :rolleyes:

Mike
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
yeah, Buffalo, NY is nestled on the east coast. Good point Mike :rolleyes:

Thanks, nut. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Rex
09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I love "Football Nut"

BroncoNut
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I love "Football Nut"

Does that mean we are friends again?

Rex
09-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Does that mean we are friends again?

No.

Crush05
09-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Well let's put it this way!

1. Cutler is playing his best football to date along w/ a steller O-line.
2. IMO our running game is going to do well this year
(watch when Torrain comes back) but we will be fine until then.
3. I feel our defense is coming together
4. our receiving corp is the best it has been in years.
5. It's the Raiders and Mike always pulls out all of what he has got
to stick to Davis and the Faiders.

Broncos 34 Faiders 10

GO BRONCOS!!!

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I love "Football Nut"

I have really missed "Football Nut".

Football Nut, what are your thoughts on the field conditions, and how the infield dirt from the A's might affect the game?

BroncoNut
09-08-2008, 09:33 AM
No.

We've got only a little more than 1 month to patch things up.

BroncoNut
09-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I have really missed "Football Nut".

Football Nut, what are your thoughts on the field conditions, and how the infield dirt from the A's might affect the game?

the field conditions should be fine, affecting neither team. I've never felt comfortable with infield dirt in a football game, it seems to favor the defensive line of scrimmage, hurting the run game, but that is just my personal opinion. Running backs have a tougher time cutting on infield dirt. If the Denver O-line can control the LOS in the infield dirt, that would be a great thing for Bronco fans.