PDA

View Full Version : Season of optimism?

broncofaninfla
09-08-2008, 08:27 AM
The Chargers lost, The Colts lost and The Patriots look like they are losing Brady for the year. The dynamics of the AFC took on a whole new look yesterday as the power house teams of the AFC are looking vulnerable right now. Add to it that it looks like KC is still harmless on offense and we'll be able to gauge the Raiders first hand tonight. Not sure about you guys but I was feeling optimistic before week 1 got under way. I'm feeling even more so now. It's early and we haven't played our first game yet but everything seems to be falling in place for a good start for us this year.:beer:

honz
09-08-2008, 09:51 AM
The Chargers lost, The Colts lost and The Patriots look like they are losing Brady for the year. The dynamics of the AFC took on a whole new look yesterday as the power house teams of the AFC are looking vulnerable right now. Add to it that it looks like KC is still harmless on offense and we'll be able to gauge the Raiders first hand tonight. Not sure about you guys but I was feeling optimistic before week 1 got under way. I'm feeling even more so now. It's early and we haven't played our first game yet but everything seems to be falling in place for a good start for us this year.:beer:
San Diego's loss will mean nothing if we don't take care of business tonight. I will be much more optimistic if we have a strong showing tonight.

BroncoNut
09-08-2008, 09:54 AM
It's still to early to be rationally optimistic. These losses mean little if we lose ourselves tonight. If we beat Raiders on the road tonight and stay healthy, yeah, I'd be optimistic.

Crush05
09-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Is there no Broncos Pride here?:confused::tsk: Come on we have shown what we can do in the preseason! We will only improve on it starting tonight!!! No question we win 34-10 and IMO take the AFC West BABY!!:salute::cool:

broncobryce
09-08-2008, 10:04 AM
A lot of people are afraid of jinxing us. I understand that, but I do think we will win tonight. Remember Greg Robinson (d. cordinator of superbowl years)? I think Shanahan likes the defense to play like that, blitz a lot to stop the run, make them pass on 3rd and longs, then mix blitz in to confuse the QB. With Champ and Bly back there, sounds like a winning combination to me. And the Raiders strength is not the pass, as we all know. Jamarcus will get smoked!

LRtagger
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
If we predict the entire season based on week 1, then the Bills will be playing the Eagles in the super bowl.

honz
09-08-2008, 10:18 AM
A lot of people are afraid of jinxing us. I understand that, but I do think we will win tonight. Remember Greg Robinson (d. cordinator of superbowl years)? I think Shanahan likes the defense to play like that, blitz a lot to stop the run, make them pass on 3rd and longs, then mix blitz in to confuse the QB. With Champ and Bly back there, sounds like a winning combination to me. And the Raiders strength is not the pass, as we all know. Jamarcus will get smoked!
I think we should win this one pretty easily tonight, but I also saw how up and down the Broncos were last year. Hopefully th Broncos play like we know they can tonight!:salute:

Crush05
09-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I think we should win this one pretty easily tonight, but I also saw how up and down the Broncos were last year. Hopefully th Broncos play like we know they can tonight!:salute:

The ups and downs were IMO Jay losing weight and being tired!!! That is rectified now!!! Watch out here we come!!:salute:

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I appreciate everyone's optimism...but I'll make judgments after the Oakland game...I think this is an 8-8 team...think...if we can't win in Oakland, again, we might be more of a 7-9 team.

WARHORSE
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
The Broncos will send the house at Jamulchus Russell.

If we get a two touchdown lead, it will be a long, long night for the silver and turd.

honz
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
The ups and downs were IMO Jay losing weight and being tired!!! That is rectified now!!! Watch out here we come!!:salute:
*steals Crush's orange colored glasses*

Ahhh, much better view through these things.:cool:

:lol:

Crush05
I appreciate everyone's optimism...but I'll make judgments after the Oakland game...I think this is an 8-8 team...think...if we can't win in Oakland, again, we might be more of a 7-9 team.

No judgements to be made!! As stated by someone earlier you cannot judge a whole season from one game!! As for me I am going from a gut feeling, and our first teams play so far!! 13-3 or 12-4 talk to me when the season is done I will take the props then!!!!:salute:

MOtorboat
The Broncos will send the house at Jamulchus Russell.

If we get a two touchdown lead, it will be a long, long night for the silver and turd.

The key to our offense before the last three or four seasons, was scoring on the first drive. Going right down the field, getting a very nice drive, take some time off the clock, wearing out that defense a little, and most importantly...7-0 lead.

We haven't seen that the last few years. Jay has to be able to do that.

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
No judgements to be made!! As stated by someone earlier you cannot judge a whole season from one game!! As for me I am going from a gut feeling, and our first teams play so far!! 13-3 or 12-4 talk to me when the season is done I will take the props then!!!!:salute:

Then how can you judge a season off of nothing?

chanesaw
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM

I will give you props right now.:beer:

Crush05
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Then how can you judge a season off of nothing?

As I said a gut feeling, camp, and the starters as of right now and the way they played in the preseason. Like I said just a gut feeling!!! Not trying to cause a fight. As I said give me my props at the end of the season!!!

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 10:53 AM
As I said a gut feeling, camp, and the starters as of right now and the way they played in the preseason. Like I said just a gut feeling!!! Not trying to cause a fight. As I said give me my props at the end of the season!!!

Neither am I...just dying for a little Broncos discussion today...I've got the Fan internet stream on, but they go to Jim Rome in 8 minutes...ugh.

Its Raider Week!

Crush05
09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
High 5 to ya on some Broncos talk!!!! Did I not meet you at camp a year or two ago when I was with mtnman?

By the way have you read that I have predicted Cutler to be better then Elway!!!!:salute:

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 11:23 AM
High 5 to ya on some Broncos talk!!!! Did I not meet you at camp a year or two ago when I was with mtnman?

By the way have you read that I have predicted Cutler to be better then Elway!!!!:salute:

Lol...I doubt it, I haven't been to camp in at least 10 years...last time I went it was still at UNC in Greeley.

I'm thinking about finding a San Francisco web stream, to see what they are saying today.

Crush05
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Lol...I doubt it, I haven't been to camp in at least 10 years...last time I went it was still at UNC in Greeley.

I'm thinking about finding a San Francisco web stream, to see what they are saying today.

Let me know if there is anything new!!!:salute:

Crush05
09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
*steals Crush's orange colored glasses*

Ahhh, much better view through these things.:cool:

:lol:

I know the view is good!! Now give me my props!!!!41-14 and this was without Marshall!!! :salute: I like these Orange colored glasses...:cool:

LoyalSoldier
09-09-2008, 12:56 AM
If we predict the entire season based on week 1, then the Bills will be playing the Eagles in the super bowl.
That would be an ironic matchup since both teams had 4 years in a row where they were at the superbowl or the conference champ.

honz
09-09-2008, 12:58 AM
I know the view is good!! Now give me my props!!!!41-14 and this was without Marshall!!! :salute: I like these Orange colored glasses...:cool:
I'm officially optimistic now!:salute:

Crush05
09-09-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm officially optimistic now!:salute:

Well then I will give you a high 5!!:cool:

ChairmanBron
09-09-2008, 01:12 AM
I am stoked!

Play calling and execution between last year and this first game is like night and day! More movement and misdirection along the line and Cutler booting getting to the outside more. It looked like Kubes was back there. The defense did what made it count, as opposed to last year.

Let's keep it rolling!

Timmy!
09-09-2008, 03:39 AM
It's early still, but what naysayers???!!! Repent sinners!!!!!

Sotally Tober
09-09-2008, 03:48 AM
It was the turds Donk fans, more like a practice test
The real test is this Sunday. Will you pass? It will be a lot tougher.
Keep in mind we failed our "practice test" and it was incredibly difficult, tripped us up literally. Filthy kneee hunters!

MOtorboat
09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
It was the turds Donk fans, more like a practice test
The real test is this Sunday. Will you pass? It will be a lot tougher.
Keep in mind we failed our "practice test" and it was incredibly difficult, tripped us up literally. Filthy kneee hunters!

A tought test? The Panthers are supposed to suck.

ktrain
09-09-2008, 07:45 AM
I hate to sound like a naysayer, I am trilled by the victory and the way the offense played.....but I don't think we can read too much into this blow-out win for the following reasons:

1. Jamarcus the "love muscle" looked pretty good against us. A more experienced QB (ala phillip the assmunch) would have connected on a few of those near miss big plays. A couple of those near misses are connections and this is a much closer game

2. Like the Defensive scheme much better than last year, but the personnel (outside of DJ, Doom, Thomas and Champ) sucks. We got no pressure without blitzing (we did not blitze much on the last two drives and gave up TD's).

3. The faid gashed us in the running game, which if not for the great offensive display would have killed us

4. Very impressed with the O, but I noticed very little blitzing from the faid. I know why Kiffen wanted to fire that DC (the guy who looks like a convicted con on the sidelines), he called a horrible game. When we face the sparklers, they are going to be rushing 4-6 players on everydown from different angles, and it will really test our young players ability to pick up the blitze. Hopefully, they pass the test.

Overall lot's of reason for optimism - royal, cutler, doom, dj, O-line, Hall, scheff....all looked great. Dennison/shanny - great play calling,etc.... But we need to remember, this was not a real test, the faid is the faid.

Tned
09-09-2008, 07:50 AM
I hate to sound like a naysayer, I am trilled by the victory and the way the offense played.....but I don't think we can read too much into this blow-out win for the following reasons:

1. Jamarcus the "love muscle" looked pretty good against us. A more experienced QB (ala phillip the assmunch) would have connected on a few of those near miss big plays. A couple of those near misses are connections and this is a much closer game

2. Like the Defensive scheme much better than last year, but the personnel (outside of DJ, Doom, Thomas and Champ) sucks. We got no pressure without blitzing (we did not blitze much on the last two drives and gave up TD's).

3. The faid gashed us in the running game, which if not for the great offensive display would have killed us

4. Very impressed with the O, but I noticed very little blitzing from the faid. I know why Kiffen wanted to fire that DC (the guy who looks like a convicted con on the sidelines), he called a horrible game. When we face the sparklers, they are going to be rushing 4-6 players on everydown from different angles, and it will really test our young players ability to pick up the blitze. Hopefully, they pass the test.

Overall lot's of reason for optimism - royal, cutler, doom, dj, O-line, Hall, scheff....all looked great. Dennison/shanny - great play calling,etc.... But we need to remember, this was not a real test, the faid is the faid.

All good points.

If SD does rush 4-6 players, then having Marshall, Royal, Stokely, Hillis and others to get the ball to on quick hitters will help out.

NightTrainLayne
09-09-2008, 09:10 AM
This next week will put Shanny's game-planning ability to the test for sure.

It's a short week for one, so thank goodness it's at home. The best thing about this game is that it might keep SD from loading up so much to stop the run. Jay showed that he can take over a game and pick apart a D if it's focused too much on the run.

SD will have to be balanced on defense, and that bodes well for our multi-faceted offense.

Defensively I'm worried. We will probably have to load up to stop LT, and as much as I hate to say it River's is more than capable of completing the passes needed to score. I am hoping that Slowik was holding some stuff back last night with the big lead, because we'll need every bit of help in slowing down SD enough to out-score them.

Enough about next week though. I am pumped to see the "old" Shanahan offense that scores at will and eventually builds enough of a lead to take the other team out of their game-plan and lets the defense pin their ears back.

And here's the deal. . .we could have been better on offense last night. We made some silly mistakes, and if we can avoid those and improve the timing Jay has with this great corps of receivers we will put up points (lots of points) on anybody.

broncofaninfla
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
I know it was only the Raiders but there IS reason for optimism for the Broncos this season. The dynamics of the AFC is different this year, we are vastly improved on offense. Look what we did without Marshall, add him to the mix and look out!!! We get him back this week which means odds are we will always have one receiver open on each passing play. Defenses will now have to play the pass more on us which in turn open up the running game. Shanny will keep defenses off balance all season long with the weapons we have now. The defense is improved as well but only time will tell if they will be good enough. The Broncos are better than we've been for the last two years and we will only be getting better. The Broncos are back and I am evry optimistic about our chances to compete this year