PDA

View Full Version : good comments from the team on tebow

arapaho2
12-27-2010, 05:46 PM
broncos sticking with tebow
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgZRNIkw.8Nmdg.CRKQVUuhDubYF?slug=ap-tebowsfirstwin

“I love his will to win. As long as he has that, we’ve got a chance. Everything else we can work on,” receiver Jabar Gaffney (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5919/)

He definitely brings a lot of emotion to every play,” deep threat Brandon Lloyd (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6460/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6460/news) said. “He really gives us added incentive to do great things for him, because we know he’s willing to do anything humanly possibly to make the most of out every play.”

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Says alot when other players want to go out of their way to win for one guy, especially considering he probably had to work twice as hard to win his teammates trust and respect coming in because of who he is.

I remember at the combine he wanted to pray with the other prospects at lunch, and they all basically told him to **** off. Now he has grown NFL men wanting to play hard, for him.

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Says alot when other players want to go out of their way to win for one guy, especially considering he probably had to work twice as hard to win his teammates trust and respect coming in because of who he is.

I remember at the combine he wanted to pray with the other prospects at lunch, and they all basically told him to **** off. Now he has grown NFL men wanting to play hard, for him.

One person was reported to have told him to F off. Let's try to stay accurate.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:00 PM
One person was reported to have told him to F off. Let's try to stay accurate.

You are the baddest mo'fo' in here! Who bad?

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 06:02 PM
You are the baddest mo'fo' in here! Who bad?

I just present the facts buddy.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I just present the facts buddy.

Obviously not, according to the report of the player who told Tim Tebow to "shut the **** up", and not "**** off".

If you're going to present the facts, make sure you get them right please.

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Obviously not, according to the report of the player who told Tim Tebow to "shut the **** up", and not "**** off".

If you're going to present the facts, make sure you get them right please.

I was just going off what you said. I'm not that obsessed with Tebow that I remember every detail of the report. I just know it was only said by one player, contrary to the BS you tried to spew.

arapaho2
12-27-2010, 06:11 PM
im not entirely sold on tebow being the future franchise qb...but does anybody actually believe that had orton been the starter we come back in that game?

that is the tebow factor...

im surely not alone in thinking that had orton been starting instead of rallying behind tebow...we would have been blown out watching orton slinking to the bench all alone

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I was just going off what you said. I'm not that obsessed with Tebow that I remember every detail of the report. I just know it was only said by one player, contrary to the BS you tried to spew.

You then went on to say how you present the facts, while missing that one glaring fact. I can see right through your badness bs'ing self.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:16 PM
im not entirely sold on tebow being the future franchise qb...but does anybody actually believe that had orton been the starter we come back in that game?

that is the tebow factor...

im surely not alone in thinking that had orton been starting instead of rallying behind tebow...we would have been blown watching orton slinking to the bench all alone

Tebow played very well yesterday, and I'm not sure what the organization's motive was in not playing him sooner.

With the benefit of hindsight which the organization obviously doesn't have, I think it was a big mistake not starting Tebow sooner.

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 06:16 PM
You then went on to say how you present the facts, while missing that one glaring fact. I can see right through your badness bs'ing self.

The only difference is, the exact wording of the quote is insignificant when they are both sending basically the same message. The difference between "f off" and "shut the f up" is minimal at best. But to say that "basically all" of the players held that sentiment is quite the opposite of what was reported. Just admit that I caught you in your BS instead of using this lame retort.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:19 PM
The only difference is, the exact wording of the quote is insignificant when they are both sending basically the same message. The difference between "f off" and "shut the f up" is minimal at best. But to say that "basically all" of the players held that sentiment is quite the opposite of what was reported. Just admit that I caught you in your BS instead of using this lame retort.

OK, I have had about enough of your trolling. I've even sunk down to your level again. This is a thread about Tim Tebow and the quotes that his players are stating about him. If you would like to preach an English lesson, please start a new thread. Please do not undermine Tim Tebow....again.

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 06:21 PM
That's fine. You really got me though, I didn't get the quote exactly right. That's totally the same as blatantly fabricating part of a report.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
That's fine. You really got me though, I didn't get the quote exactly right. That's totally the same as blatantly fabricating part of a report.

Oh completely. It's as bad as trying to give an english lesson, and confusing "you're" and "your".

....now please, back to Tim Tebow....

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 06:31 PM
now please, back to Tim Tebow....

Sure. If you can make it through a post about him without inserting some sort of dig or backhanded compliment I'll pleasantly surprised.

Tned
12-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Come on guys, :focus: and leave the personal bickering out of it please.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Sure. If you can make it through a post about him without inserting some sort of dig or backhanded compliment I'll pleasantly surprised.

"Says alot when other players want to go out of their way to win for one guy, especially considering he probably had to work twice as hard to win his teammates trust and respect coming in because of who he is.

I remember at the combine he wanted to pray with the other prospects at lunch, and" one "basically told him to" shut the **** up. "Now he has grown NFL men wanting to play hard, for him."

This is just one thread...the same thread!

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 06:35 PM
"Says alot when other players want to go out of their way to win for one guy, especially considering he probably had to work twice as hard to win his teammates trust and respect coming in because of who he is.

I remember at the combine he wanted to pray with the other prospects at lunch, and" one "basically told him to" shut the **** up. "Now he has grown NFL men wanting to play hard, for him."

This is just one thread...the same thread!

Yeah, except you put a dig in that post with your little "basically all told him to shut the **** up" quip.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Yeah, except you put a dig in that post with your little "basically all told him to shut the **** up" quip.

Yes, some personal dig when it shows just how far, and how much respect, a rookie QB is getting from his current teammates. I am now 2 for 2 in this thread. You have done nothing but shit on him by trying to turn a positive Tim Tebow + teammates bonding moment into an english lesson.

Congratulations.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 06:43 PM
The cool thing about this thread is it shows that not only has Tim Tebow injected hope into the fanbase, but his teammates are believers as well, which is the most important thing IMHO.

Dzone
12-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Lets hold hands and pray

G_Money
12-27-2010, 07:53 PM
I think silk would tell you to **** off.

I do like how enthusiastic his teammates seem to be about him, though. With Champ's quote and some others, it seems like they really do have his back.

http://www.businessinsider.com/two-starts-in-to-his-nfl-career-tim-tebows-legend-is-growing-2010-12

"No matter what he does," Mario Haggan said, "good things seem to happen."

"I've never seen a winner lose. He's a winner," cornerback Champ Bailey said. Receiver Brandon Lloyd said, "It's the passion," and running back Correll Buckhalter said "it's the energy."

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/26/2543819/nfl-roundup.html#

“He definitely stepped up and gave the fans what they wanted,” said wide receiver Brandon Lloyd from Blue Springs. “And as a player, he gave us what we needed.”

I think they were all ecstatic to be back in the win column. Losing seasons are hard. But Tebow is an incredibly passionate guy, and that can either turn people off or get them on his side.

Early returns are that he's gonna be able to lead this team. To where is another matter, but if vets are lining up to praise the guy - not just acknowledge his effort, but praise him - then it looks like his rah-rah attitude may play as well in the NFL as it did in college.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/27/1989744/tebows-play-lifts-broncos-past.html

"I love his will to win. As long as he has that, we've got a chance. Everything else we can work on," receiver Jabar Gaffney said.

"He can keep plays going," receiver Eddie Royal said. "When things don't work (with) the first option, the second option, his third and fourth options are his feet."

This is still the best quote, though (thanks Frau):

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16946856#ixzz19KISmF9a

"It's the passion," Lloyd said, "and it's funny how it translates to people who don't play. It's strange because to us players, it's expected to play with a lot of passion. But a lot of us don't play with it. And a lot of us know the difference between guys who really are passionate and guys who are trying to act that way but are chilling out.

"With Tim, when he calls the play I know he's going to do everything humanly possible to make that play happen. It's crazy having that kind of confidence in a rookie quarterback."

I'll take it. As something to build on this offseason, when we have so many repairs to make and structural supports to build?

Knowing Tebow is gonna be the QB of the 2011 Broncos is at least something. I'd rather he be the great QB of the 2011 Broncos, but one thing at a time.

Getting him a running game and a defense would be two very useful things. Not spending the top pick on another QB should help with that defense.

I hope.

~G

gator_fan
12-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Getting him a running game and a defense would be two very useful things. Not spending the top pick on another QB should help with that defense.
~G
From your lips to God's ears.

Sinthor
12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
And don't we think that if what some of these pundits are saying about Tebow throwing terrible, etc. were actually true, these guys that are in practice with him every day would be at least a bit more neutral on their comments instead of positive? Would be a lot easier to be neutral and just "about the team," wouldn't it?

GEM
12-27-2010, 10:31 PM
They are not only gushing about him in interviews, they are protecting him on the field. 2 weeks in a row when the other team had him down and tried to get some cheap shots in, his teammates jumped in and got chippy. That does only good things for building chemistry on the team.

Northman
12-27-2010, 10:36 PM
This thread is more interesting just based off Silk and BTB. Pass the popcorn.

MileHiWildcat
12-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Why does EVERY thread seem to become a lover's quarrel between silk and bailey ? Give it a rest, girls.

Superchop 7
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
The thing is this.....we are developing a young QB.....which means that you need a good defense and o-line to overcome his lack of knowledge.

This is going to be a huge offseason.....biggest in recent memory.

It will literally make or break the kid.

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Make or break this team.

HC hiring is HUGE.

The draft is crucial to get good guys that can play and stay.

No more A Smith picks.

arapaho2
12-28-2010, 01:03 PM
The thing is this.....we are developing a young QB.....which means that you need a good defense and o-line to overcome his lack of knowledge.

This is going to be a huge offseason.....biggest in recent memory.

It will literally make or break the kid.

i believe with the right Dc we can be a decent defense..remember these nearly same guys were the 7th ranked defense in 09...we supposedly upgraded the line and got horribly worse

with a guy who can design a great defense and is given the power to run his defense...i think we can resurect a good defense...not great...but good if we get a impact lineman with our 1st pick and target the defense all draft

i think our oline will only improve next year

getting the right coaching staff is whats gonna make or break tebow and the broncos