PDA

View Full Version : Moreno?

Day1BroncoFan
12-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Is Moreno injured again? I saw him look like he was shaken up and didn't see him much after that.

Does anyone know what his status is?

Do you think he will be here next year or do we look for someone else?

tomjonesrocks
12-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Am sure--he's a freaking china doll. Am sure we wouldn't have seen so much Buckhalter if Moreno hadn't been banged up yet again.

Buckhalter looked better than he has in months if not last year though thankfully.

I don't know why Moreno would be gone next year though. He's a moderately useful role player--just overpaid for what he is.

camdisco24
12-27-2010, 04:15 PM
He was banged up with a rib injury and they just decided to keep him out.

From CBS.com...

According to Studesville, "Buck (Correll Buckhalter) was rolling," so the team decided to keep Moreno on the sideline with his rib issue.

If Bucky stays healthy and can keep running like he did yesterday, I wouldn't mind keeping him next season. I'm sure he's not an expensive player....

BroncoStud
12-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Moreno is a decent player, he can catch well, I just question is speed and vision. He missed a WIDE OPEN cutback yesterday. He just doesn't seem to be an elite talent, but he is someone who can be used in a number of situations.

I would like to see Denver either draft a RB late or pick up a young free agent with some speed.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I also am waiting to see what LenDale White shows in preseason next year, as, before he was injured, I liked what I saw.

Day1BroncoFan
12-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Moreno is a decent player, he can catch well, I just question is speed and vision. He missed a WIDE OPEN cutback yesterday. He just doesn't seem to be an elite talent, but he is someone who can be used in a number of situations.

I would like to see Denver either draft a RB late or pick up a young free agent with some speed.

I'm kinda thinking something like that too. I don't like how many times Moreno gets injured and misses games or parts of games. I am starting to question his durability. He shows flashes but is not consistent.

Dzone
12-27-2010, 04:31 PM
I think Moreno plays with heart, but he cant stay healthy, therefore he sucks

CrazyHorse
12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
We need to draft a running back named Jeff Demps.

SOCALORADO.
12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Moreno = Glass
DEN needs a RB (or 2) that can pound the rock for the entire game if need be.

DEN needs one of these guys (or 2 of them even!)
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20100918/all/l4726936.jpg

or

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/346/432/ryan.williams_display_image.jpg?1282011686

or

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-12/58080675.jpg

or

http://www.collegefootballfansite.com/images/photos/37/376069.jpg

or

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/12/04/alabama.florida/t1_demps.jpg

camdisco24
12-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I also am waiting to see what LenDale White shows in preseason next year, as, before he was injured, I liked what I saw.

Agreed, If he can stay healthy, he could be our "pound the rock" guy.
When he's back, our goal line scoring potential goes way up. Him and Tebow anywhere near the endzone--Unstoppable!

ikillz0mbies
12-27-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm not counting out Moreno just yet. A lot of people thought Darren McFadden would be a bust with the injuries, sub-par couple of seasons, playing behind Michael Bush, but look at him this season. Stud. I think Moreno has the talent and he will continue to progress.

BigSarge87
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not counting out Moreno just yet. A lot of people thought Darren McFadden would be a bust with the injuries, sub-par couple of seasons, playing behind Michael Bush, but look at him this season. Stud. I think Moreno has the talent and he will continue to progress.

Great example. Let's hope so.

It seems like a lot of players coming out of college have a hard time adjusting to the grind of the NFL, but you would think if he was going to adjust, he would be pretty much there by now.

Day1BroncoFan
12-27-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm with this thought.

Dzone
12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Moreno needs to gain about 30 pounds and become a blocking back. He needs to come in next year at least 250 pounds or more.

Rick
12-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Moreno and White splitting carries next year, if both healthy, should be fine.

Look late for a under the radar back.

If every early pick isn't on DL and DB....

Day1BroncoFan
12-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Moreno and White splitting carries next year, if both healthy, should be fine.

Look late for a under the radar back.

If every early pick isn't on DL and DB....

The million dollar question... IF

Rick
12-27-2010, 06:12 PM
That's certainly true, I'd just rather take the chance though and go defense, defense, and more defense all through the draft :)

Day1BroncoFan
12-27-2010, 06:15 PM
That's certainly true, I'd just rather take the chance though and go defense, defense, and more defense all through the draft :)

Yes, I think defense is the priority for sure, we should be able to get by for the time being. Having a defense that can stop an opponent would help that situation along too.

Ziggy
12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I enjoy the way Moreno runs when he's healthy. He's had a complete makeover in his style through the course of the season. The first 2-3 weeks he was a dancing bear waiting for holes to open. The last half he's been decisive and aggressive at attacking holes...........when healthy. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him next season. Right now he's in the same boat as Ryan Harris as far as I'm concerned- effective when healthy, but you just can't count on the healthy part.

Day1BroncoFan
12-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I enjoy the way Moreno runs when he's healthy. He's had a complete makeover in his style through the course of the season. The first 2-3 weeks he was a dancing bear waiting for holes to open. The last half he's been decisive and aggressive at attacking holes...........when healthy. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him next season. Right now he's in the same boat as Ryan Harris as far as I'm concerned- effective when healthy, but you just can't count on the healthy part.

Exactly.

horsepig
12-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Moreno needs to gain about 30 pounds and become a blocking back. He needs to come in next year at least 250 pounds or more.

He only goes 210 now. He's just not big enough for what we drafted him for, or fast enough either.

That said, I really like his effort, he's giving it his all, you can't ask more. I want him on the team as an all-around type guy, not your 25 carry/game workhorse.

I Eat Staples
12-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Sprained vagina, common injury for Knowshon. Nothing to see here.

EMB6903
12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I love the way Moreno runs and would think he would be that much better in a ZBS (If Denver decides to move back to it)

hes a gamer when healthy. Its unfortunate hes been hit with these lingering injuries but I cant really hate on him for that.. just bad luck. Im sure hes much more disapointed in how the first 2 years of his career have ended up.

Clipworthy
12-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Moreno isn't good when he has to do everything, thats all. he needs a robin

cuzz4169
12-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Jeff Demps would b great if we can get him later in draft...but not sure what teams think of him yet...if he runs a 4.17 or 4.24 at combine he probably will jump up in draft...The kid is explosive we need that change of pace back. He will be the fastest player in NFL next year.

Clipworthy
12-28-2010, 02:25 AM
Jeff Demps would b great if we can get him later in draft...but not sure what teams think of him yet...if he runs a 4.17 or 4.24 at combine he probably will jump up in draft...The kid is explosive we need that change of pace back. He will be the fastest player in NFL next year.

thats exactly the kind of back we need to compliment moreno's inside running

tomjonesrocks
12-28-2010, 03:22 AM
Is there actually some reason to think White would be here next year? A lot of people keep mentioning him but the guy is basically a washout--a desperation signing--regardless of how he looked briefly. And now he is going to be trying to come back after a serious injury.

I am going to be pretty surprised if whoever gets hired at HC actually keeps White around--the guy could very well be out of chances.

Clipworthy
12-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Is there actually some reason to think White would be here next year? A lot of people keep mentioning him but the guy is basically a washout--a desperation signing--regardless of how he looked briefly. And now he is going to be trying to come back after a serious injury.

I am going to be pretty surprised if whoever gets hired at HC actually keeps White around--the guy could very well be out of chances.

we have no powerback on the roster, so he will be here most likely

I Eat Staples
12-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I like Lance Ball but he's like a less talented Moreno. Not the complimentary back we need. I like the Jeff Demps idea but I would only take him if he fell to the 4th round or so which I doubt if he runs a 4.20 or whatever.

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 11:38 AM
^^^ What a gay sig. Did you shed tears while listening to sappy music as you made it? Dial down the man love a little or people may start talking about you.

I Eat Staples
12-28-2010, 11:42 AM
^^^ What a gay sig. Did you shed tears while listening to sappy music as you made it? Dial down the man love a little or people may start talking about you.

Well aren't you a bad motha****a. Straight up keyboard gangsta'.

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Well aren't you a bad motha****a. Straight up keyboard gangsta'.

My holiday sweater must of gave me a way. It is FUBU afterall.

BroncoNut
12-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Lance Ball didnt' look bad on Sunday a few times

HORSEPOWER 56
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM

That's just the thing. This isn't the zone blocking scheme. This is the man/power scheme. The RB isn't given the leeway to pick his hole and it totally limits his playmaking ability. If he's told to run to the "A" gap, he runs to the "A" gap. If it closes, then maybe if he thinks he can bounce outside, he'll get that opportunity, but I can almost guarantee you that in our current run blocking scheme there is almost ZERO improvisation.

Depending on how the coaches are coaching the RBs and the O-line in practice, the man/power scheme can be extremely rigid and not allow the RBs to really make a play on their own. They are supposed to hit a certain hole on every play, not pick and choose, put a foot in the ground, and hit the cutback if it's available. The man/power scheme relies on the O-line blocking a certain man every on any given play and coaches making the right calls and reads about the holes to run through, the RB is more of just an automaton who just does what he's told until he reaches the second level. This is a good system if your RB is indecisive or not too smart.

The zone scheme relies on the RB to make the right read and hit the right hole (because there should be at least 2 - a frontside and a cutback) to gain the most yardage. This system relies on a decisive and smart RB to make the right choices. This is why typically in a zone scheme, the RBs get screamed at (see Bobby Turner sideline rants) when running is poor and in man/power schemes the O-line gets yelled at.

If we were running a zone scheme and Moreno was ineffective, I'd say he needs replacement. In a man/power scheme, I think he's just running to the hole he's been coached to run to.

BroncoNut
12-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Foochacho, I kinda miss your old avy, the one of the midget.

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 01:34 PM
It is the holidays and this guy brings the spirit. I am trying to convince my mom to make a photo like this with me with matching sweaters and stupid faces. It would be the best and gayest photo ever taken.

SOCALORADO.
12-28-2010, 01:46 PM
It is the holidays and this guy brings the spirit. I am trying to convince my mom to make a photo like this with me with matching sweaters and stupid faces. It would be the best and gayest photo ever taken.

So you think you can just have a sweater photo op and defeat the gayest photo ever taken? Hmm!?!?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2227/2277467118_e97d7b7898.jpg

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Gayest photo of the decade will be my new goal. But then again I am sure those jersey shore kids have done plenty of photo shoots. Maybe I should shoot for gayest photo in Illinois.

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:06 PM
So you think you can just have a sweater photo op and defeat the gayest photo ever taken? Hmm!?!?

Is that Dog the bounty hunter on the right? Damn meth is a crazy drug. Looks like the dude from Bill and Ted (bottom left).

BroncoNut
12-28-2010, 02:06 PM

some of those guys aren't too bad looking.

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:08 PM
I wish I lived in a time where perv staches and chest hair got you laid.

BroncoNut
12-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Foochacho, where in Illinois do you live?

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Kankakee

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Well technically bradley, our shit plant blew up yesterday it shook my windows.

BroncoNut
12-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Kankakee

that's an old railroad town. Arlo Guthrie sang a song called City of New Orleans and mentions Kankakee as the start of a trainride down to the City of New Orleans.

Choo Choo

Have you ever heard of Chicago Illinois?

I Eat Staples
12-28-2010, 02:24 PM

http://www.slapyo.com/wp-content/gay_asians.jpg

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Chicago rings a bell, I hear it is full of thugs, gays, and horrible politicians.

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Here you go Nut, Staples just posted a pic of Chicago for you. That's an amazing skyline.

SOCALORADO.
12-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Here you go Nut, Staples just posted a pic of Chicago for you. That's an amazing skyline.

http://i.imgur.com/JokLA.jpg

No. This is Chicago. All of these guys (or gals) are currently involved in politics in some capacity.

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
this thread is starting to scare me.

BroncoNut
12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
what is kankankee like? Is it a pretty city?

BroncoNut
12-28-2010, 02:35 PM
do you know where Normal and Bloomington are?

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Kankakee is the ******* of the state. I don't know much of Normal and Bloomington I am always shitfaced when I visit.

Day1BroncoFan
12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Gayest photo of the decade will be my new goal. But then again I am sure those jersey shore kids have done plenty of photo shoots. Maybe I should shoot for gayest photo in Illinois.

Just post a pic of yourself, should win hands down. :D :lol: :elefant:

Foochacho
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
I already have the midget with shit stains on his forehead avatar was me.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-28-2010, 07:40 PM
I wish I lived in a time where perv staches and chest hair got you laid.

Late 70's, early 80's bro. It was the Tom Selleck "Magnum P.I." effect. Probably best a thing of the past. Although I'm betting that photo got KCL a little hot...