PDA

View Full Version : The 1 thing Tebow Cant do :( ...

BroncoBJ
12-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Is fail.

He hasn't failed at any level and I don't expect him to start now. :elefant:

I really hope we hold on to this kid and see him with a full year. So what if hes Raw or needs help. IMO you don't get better by watching people play ( especially Kyle Orton :lol: ) .. NO offense Kyle.

But its like driving. You cant just get good at driving by watching someone drive your whole life. Let him learn with his mistakes and growing. It will only make him better and he will thrive to become great and prove everyone wrong like he always does.

I really feel like Tebow is going to be a QB thats going to throw 25-30 TD's a year, rush for maybe 4 or 5. And throw less then 6-7 ints a year. And just win games. 11, 12 wins a year. I feel like thats the type of QB he will be.

It won't be pretty, and he will throw wierd and continue to make us wonder how he does it.

I've hated Rivers for a while and it took me a while before I gave him credit, because I just didn't understand how he kept suceeding by the way he threw the ball. But he does it.

I'm excited to see what he does in the future and hopefully its with us. You cant teach heart and you cant teach the will to win. Some players have it, most don't.

Hopefully today was a start to the right direction. :elefant:

Just my thoughts. For a Rookie in his 2nd career NFL Start, I'm impressed. :salute:

tripleoption
12-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Good post. Yeah, he's won at every level, even when critics say he can't succeed. I'll take a guy who knows how to win and makes everyone around him better over someone who has all the physical tools and throws great passes, but can't seem to carry a team (a la Jeff George :heh:)

BroncoBJ
12-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Good post. Yeah, he's won at every level, even when critics say he can't succeed. I'll take a guy who knows how to win and makes everyone around him better over someone who has all the physical tools and throws great passes, but can't seem to carry a team (a la Jeff George :heh:)

I agree. I'll take someone with heart and who wants to win over someone who just rides his talent and thinks hes great. Tebow always wants to be better then his opponent.

I will tell you that I didn't like Tebow in college because I don't like Florida. The reason I didn't like Tebow was because he was great.

And people hate greatness. Its a fact. Thats why people hate Tebow so much.

Davii
12-27-2010, 01:30 AM
The more I see of Tebow, the more impressed I am. Certainly he doesn't look like he's ready to play in the Pro-Bowl, but he's improving. He made some tough throws today, made some good reads, and made some bad ones too.

However, overall, I don't think he looks like a rookie that just got his second start.

The only very poorly thrown ball today was the INT. He threw a few away instead of trying to force it into coverage, and he actually stepped out of bounds after picking up the first.

The kid is going to work his tail off to improve everything he has too. Tim Tebow will only improve, and I think he's going to be a good quarterback for years to come.

Call it man love, call it what you will, but I think i'm past the "let's see what he's got" stage and on to the "Tebow is our future" stage.

COULD Kyle Orton have won that game in the second half?

Certainly, but there's no telling whether he would have or not. For a rookie in only his second start to keep his cool, play well, and lead that comeback...

Spectacular, and he has a ton of room to grow. I'm happy.

Shazam!
12-27-2010, 01:30 AM
And people hate greatness. Its a fact. Thats why people hate Tebow so much.

...that's why many hated Elway so much, because he was so physically gifted.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 03:05 AM
The one thing Tebow can't do.....

...is prevent a strike for the 2011 season, meaning we will more than likely have to wait 1.75 years to see him in a meaningful game.

BroncoStud
12-27-2010, 06:39 AM
What I find most ironic about NFL scouts, etc, etc, is that Tim Tebow was supposed to be a longterm project who took YEARS to develop into an NFL QB.

Well, here we are in his 2nd start during his rookie season and he doesn't even look or play like he's a rookie. He looks like a veteran who is making plays trying to win games for his team. The more the playbook gets opened up the better he looks.

He's checking down, he's following progressions, he's making all the throws, he's running to buy time to throw, he's not forcing passes into coverage... He hardly looks like a guy who needs 3 years of holding a clipboard.

Of course, Kiper and McShay said that Clausen was "NFL-ready" when he was drafted and he looks like a High School QB. It's funny how wrong those clowns are and they keep making a LOT of money to be wrong.

Dzone
12-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Good post! Ya, I love the way his critics are starting to come around. Boomer esiason , who was prob the biggest hater of them all, said "He was making throws I didnt think he could make"...Cant wait until next sunday!!!!

Traveler
12-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Credit where credit is due. Tebow took his second step in trying to transition from college all star to professional quarterback.

While I'm still not ready to annoint him saviour of the franchise or hall of fame worthy, I did see some good things from him yesterday. Especially after the coaches finally decided to throw caution to the wind and let him start attacking downfield.

Won't get caught up in the Tebow euphoria, but at least he's shown enough that the new FO can focus on fixing the defensieve (pun intended) side of the ball this offseason without having to spend a high draft choice on another QB.

BroncoNut
12-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Traveler, I failed to see the pun

Dzone
12-27-2010, 08:30 AM
defensieve...the defense has been a sieve

BroncoNut
12-27-2010, 08:32 AM
defensieve...the defense has been a sieve

I was wondering if it had something to do with that misspell. still missed it thanks.

Traveler
12-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Traveler, I failed to see the pun

sieve= riddle

Dzone
12-27-2010, 08:34 AM
I want to see what Mike Golic on Espn has to say about Tebow. That dork has hated Tebow and has bad mouthed him relentlessly. Too bad he is on vacation today.

Dzone
12-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Had orton stayed in as QB, this offseason would be very dreary. Tebow has singlehandedly changed the entire attitude and atmosphere in Bronco nation. We have hope in the future. We can spend draft choices on defense. Tebow brings an excitement that hasnt been seen here since the last Super bowl.

BroncoNut
12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
He will no doubt be interesting and exciting. I think he will always bring a run threat that defenses will respect. I can see where his mechanics in passing may be a source of problems down the road, but he does have his feet and a good head on his shoulders. we'll see :shrugs:

Nomad
12-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Credit where credit is due. Tebow took his second step in trying to transition from college all star to professional quarterback.

While I'm still not ready to annoint him saviour of the franchise or hall of fame worthy, I did see some good things from him yesterday. Especially after the coaches finally decided to throw caution to the wind and let him start attacking downfield.

Won't get caught up in the Tebow euphoria, but at least he's shown enough that the new FO can focus on fixing the defensieve (pun intended) side of the ball this offseason without having to spend a high draft choice on another QB.

Well said Traveler! My thoughts as well!

I'd like to see him work on his velocity with throwing the ball at times and I understand it'll come with time, experience, and trusting himself, but overall he did a good job!! Get him all the right pieces;) and BRONCO Nation will be a happy place again and camdisco can upright his BRONCO flag!!:D

Traveler
12-27-2010, 08:48 AM
He will no doubt be interesting and exciting. I think he will always bring a run threat that defenses will respect. I can see where his mechanics in passing may be a source of problems down the road, but he does have his feet and a good head on his shoulders. we'll see :shrugs:

What I like most about Tebow, at this point, is that he can extend a play or drive because he is a threat as a runner.

Dzone
12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Jeff legwold is on the radio saying he isnt on Tebows side yet and brought up that tebow "about got gaffney killed by throwing it under his ear"...all Legwold does is talk about tebows bad mechanics
Now he is saying tebows foot work is bad...You would have thought the broncos got beat yesterday..Legwold cant say a single nice thing about Tebow...now he says Tebows release point is wrong for the nfl and he wont ever be an accurate passer. He is saying that Tebow should have at least 2 more interceptions that he lucked out on..Legwold sucks

HORSEPOWER 56
12-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Jeff legwold is on the radio saying he isnt on Tebows side yet and brought up that tebow "about got gaffney killed by throwing it under his ear"...all Legwold does is talk about tebows bad mechanics
Now he is saying tebows foot work is bad...You would have thought the broncos got beat yesterday..Legwold cant say a single nice thing about Tebow...now he says Tebows release point is wrong for the nfl and he wont ever be an accurate passer. He is saying that Tebow should have at least 2 more interceptions that he lucked out on..Legwold sucks

He was a Tebow detractor from the beginning. Now, he has to try to justify his initial predictions of Tebow failing to try to look like he was right all along. I'm sure he didn't get much sleep last night being pissed off that Tebow won and proved he can lead the offense. Legwold can say what he wants, but as long as Tebow keeps producing, less and less people will be inclined to listen... :coffee:

Jake Klug
12-27-2010, 10:53 AM

I heard it. Gaffney got killed because the defense knew the Broncos were going to run that play and were all over it. If I remember correctly, someone was stepping into the path of the ball on that play.

He was complaining about Tebow being saved by Lloyd on that jump ball but Tebow was under duress and has already admitted he was putting faith in Lloyd to make a play.

Orton threw it up for grabs to Lloyd all year and there wasnt this kind of criticism. Suddenly Tebow does it and is a massive flaw?

Lets be honest. Every QB in the NFL makes bad throws.

tripleoption
12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Legwold is a talking head who hates looking wrong. He'd rather the Broncos lose and make him look right than win and admit he was wrong. It's ego. Let him live in his own little world thinking he's an 'expert' on football when in reality he couldn't run and coach a team of six year olds.

tripleoption
12-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I heard it. Gaffney got killed because the defense knew the Broncos were going to run that play and were all over it. If I remember correctly, someone was stepping into the path of the ball on that play.

Yeah, that was a case of going to the well one too many times.

MileHiWildcat
12-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I want to see what Mike Golic on Espn has to say about Tebow. That dork has hated Tebow and has bad mouthed him relentlessly. Too bad he is on vacation today.

What the hell does a former, not so great, lineman know about QBs ? Golic needs to shut up and continue stuffing his face.

MileHiWildcat
12-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Another "expert" radio jockey trying to convince all how brilliant he is. See Clough, Sandy.

frenchfan
12-27-2010, 11:21 AM

He was complaining about Tebow being saved by Lloyd on that jump ball but Tebow was under duress and has already admitted he was putting faith in Lloyd to make a play.

Orton threw it up for grabs to Lloyd all year and there wasnt this kind of criticism. Suddenly Tebow does it and is a massive flaw?

Lets be honest. Every QB in the NFL makes bad throws.That's so true...
Ask Eli or Peyton... Brady & co... Every QB makes mistakes... That's a fact. Period.

Tebow is unorthodox for sure and so what? Can many rookie QB manage that kind of comeback on his 2nd start? I don't think so...
Tebow has to work on some things : feet, release, reads and HE WILL... And something you can't deny is that he's eager to work... His goal is to win...
Now, he has also many things that you can't coach : leadership, work ethic, passion for the game and make plays when it matters. TT has it for sure.

And I haven't seen such a comeback for a while... May be the magic is back in Denver?
Elway wasn't always perfect too... And so what? I don't expect Tebow to be either... I just want him give his best effort to the fans... And I'm sure he will...
And there is a plus : Tebow is really a class act... Did you read the story about him giving his towel to a young fan? He made the fan his day... And TT was really happy to do that... Priceless...

I've nothing against Orton... He is a serviceable QB and better than many expected... But IMO, it's Tebow time here now... He has a chance to be special... Too early to tell, but the beginning of the story is nice :D

Now, let's focus on D !!!!

camdisco24
12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Well said Traveler! My thoughts as well!

I'd like to see him work on his velocity with throwing the ball at times and I understand it'll come with time, experience, and trusting himself, but overall he did a good job!! Get him all the right pieces;) and BRONCO Nation will be a happy place again and camdisco can upright his BRONCO flag!!:D

If next week shows as much promise, win or loss, I'll upright the flag! :lol:

I was gonna wait until the next coach was hired, but since Tebow started these last two game, things seem to be different around here.

Superchop 7
12-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I was at the game.......Tebow looked like a rookie that had 50 other guys fighting their tails off for him.

It was a great day to be a fan.

BroncoStud
12-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Talking heads are just that... Talking heads. Hacks. How many of them have thrown an NFL pass?

Krugan
12-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Its nice to see people keeping an even head...

Speaking of defense, didnt the texans have the worst pass d in the league?

Im all for the kid being the answer here for years to come, but really off this small body of work, its a little premature to assume anything more than he still needs work, but has some talent.

gator_fan
12-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Im all for the kid being the answer here for years to come, but really off this small body of work, its a little premature to assume anything more than he still needs work, but has some talent.

I think you're correct not to assume too much, but I would add that Tebow
has shown in the last two games, that he has enormous upside potential.

BroncoNut
12-27-2010, 03:52 PM
What I like most about Tebow, at this point, is that he can extend a play or drive because he is a threat as a runner.

He did chew some clock last night

BroncoStud
12-27-2010, 03:54 PM
He did chew some clock last night

Which in turn keeps our horrendous defense on the sidelines, where it belongs. :defense:

BroncoNut
12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
^ certainly.