PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day

SR
12-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Awesome.

"I've never seen a winner lose. He's a winner," Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said. "And I expect him to win a lot of games as a pro quarterback. Hopefully, I'm around here to see him do it."

Jake Klug
12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Whoa. Apparently Champ isnt one of Orton's guys. I wouldnt mind seeing them sign Champ when I read this. It kind of seems genuine that Champ wants to get in on whats ahead.

Juriga72
12-27-2010, 08:27 AM
BUt...every Ortonite will tell you "Champ HAS Kyle's back"......

Which is it?

Dzone
12-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Did Champ say this after yesterdays game?

SR
12-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Did Champ say this after yesterdays game?

Yeah. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to type much. If you read ESPN's recap of the game, that quote is in there.

SR
12-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Which is it?

Champ is usually pretty careful with his words. He's a "say what I mean, mean what I say" kind of person. When people bait him to try to get something juicy out of him, he usually says something really broad and vague. In this quote he is very specific and very in detail. Reading that quote makes me think Champ Bailey wants to remain a Denver Bronco.

horsepig
12-27-2010, 11:57 AM
He had that quote a few weeks ago where he said he sure hoped to get the chance to play with the kid.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 04:43 PM
That has to be the dumbest quote I've ever heard.

1) obviously winners never lose. That's why they are called "winners", and not "losers".

2) him acknowledging he's not a winner is pretty sad

shank
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM

1) obviously winners never lose. That's why they are called "winners", and not "losers".

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 04:45 PM

2) he's basically calling himself not a winner.

http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Another outstanding argument you got going for yourself. You're on a roll kid.

http://madtown.cc/d/27616-1/Slow-Clap.gif

BroncoWave
12-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Another outstanding argument you got going for yourself. You're on a roll kid.

Something as stupid as what you posted doesn't deserve a dignified response.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Something as stupid as what you posted doesn't deserve a dignified response.

Too late, and another amazing one at that I see.

Davii
12-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Champ is usually pretty careful with his words. He's a "say what I mean, mean what I say" kind of person. When people bait him to try to get something juicy out of him, he usually says something really broad and vague. In this quote he is very specific and very in detail. Reading that quote makes me think Champ Bailey wants to remain a Denver Bronco.

That's what I took away from it. It's also a large departure from his earlier statements about not knowing if he could take the change all over again.

I hope Champ stays, we will always be able to use him, especially if the new regime works on D and finds a way to manufacture a pass rush while holding up somewhat against the run. We have a damn good secondary, the flaws that have been exposed, IMO, are completely due to lack of pass rush.

Champ stops WR's in their tracks with no pass rush, get some rush and Champ gets picks, Goodman looks good, and Dawk isn't a step behind.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 05:01 PM
That's what I took away from it. It's also a large departure from his earlier statements about not knowing if he could take the change all over again.

I hope Champ stays, we will always be able to use him, especially if the new regime works on D and finds a way to manufacture a pass rush while holding up somewhat against the run. We have a damn good secondary, the flaws that have been exposed, IMO, are completely due to lack of pass rush.

Champ stops WR's in their tracks with no pass rush, get some rush and Champ gets picks, Goodman looks good, and Dawk isn't a step behind.

That will be interesting to see how that plays out. I don't think he's going to win anything in Denver. I think the team is just way too much in flux at the moment. If he's more interested in staung in Denver because he likes the area, team, whatnot, I would only want him at a bargain price. IMHOP his HoF career has plateaued, and the amount of money he's probably worth as a football player could be better invested in other more important areas of the defense.

zbeg
12-27-2010, 05:33 PM
I would only want him at a bargain price. IMHOP his HoF career has plateaued, and the amount of money he's probably worth as a football player could be better invested in other more important areas of the defense.

Yeah, he's the second best cover corner of all-time, and he's plateaued - he only remains the second best cover corner of all-time. Rough life.

What if he declines and plays at a level that would only make him the FIFTH best corner in the history of the NFL? The horrors!!!

If the Broncos don't re-sign Champ, then someone else will take his spot, and there's nearly a 100% chance that this player will be worse, and a high chance that it will be significantly worse.

It's not like he's gotten significantly worse. He's still one of the very best in the game and he shuts down receivers on a weekly basis. Champ will command top dollar and will be worth every penny.

And if he does start to slow down, then you have the makings of a pretty good safety. Champ's one of the best tacklers in the league, and that's a reasonable transition. Not signing him would be a detriment to the long-term plans of the Broncos defense.

silkamilkamonico
12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah, he's the second best cover corner of all-time, and he's plateaued - he only remains the second best cover corner of all-time. Rough life.

What if he declines and plays at a level that would only make him the FIFTH best corner in the history of the NFL? The horrors!!!

If the Broncos don't re-sign Champ, then someone else will take his spot, and there's nearly a 100% chance that this player will be worse, and a high chance that it will be significantly worse.

It's not like he's gotten significantly worse. He's still one of the very best in the game and he shuts down receivers on a weekly basis. Champ will command top dollar and will be worth every penny.

And if he does start to slow down, then you have the makings of a pretty good safety. Champ's one of the best tacklers in the league, and that's a reasonable transition. Not signing him would be a detriment to the long-term plans of the Broncos defense.

It's not about his ability, it's his position. We can pump $13 million to Champ because he's that good, patchwork the other areas of the defense because of the money restrictions, and finish with one of the leagues worst defenses again, or we can spend that money on quality free agent depth and upgrade the entire unit as a whole.

This is how important a CB is. We've had the arguably the NFL's best CB for what, 7 years? And we've finished the season with arguably 3 of the worst defenses in the history of the organization?

Yea, I know the other players need to be better, but the heart of the defense is in the front 7. Hell, the NYGiants went on to shut down the NFL's most proilific offense in history to win the SuperBowl with basically a backup and injury riddled secondary.

It all should come down to how much is he going to want, IMHO.

Jake Klug
12-27-2010, 07:20 PM
It's not about his ability, it's his position. We can pump $13 million to Champ because he's that good, patchwork the other areas of the defense because of the money restrictions, and finish with one of the leagues worst defenses again, or we can spend that money on quality free agent depth and upgrade the entire unit as a whole.

This is how important a CB is. We've had the arguably the NFL's best CB for what, 7 years? And we've finished the season with arguably 3 of the worst defenses in the history of the organization?

Yea, I know the other players need to be better, but the heart of the defense is in the front 7. Hell, the NYGiants went on to shut down the NFL's most proilific offense in history to win the SuperBowl with basically a backup and injury riddled secondary.

It all should come down to how much is he going to want, IMHO.

But you know what? You really need to invest in the defensive line through the draft. More teams let good DBs hit free agency than defensive linemen...at least typically. So, if theres a salary cap, persumably, you could spend a little more money on back 8 players. I think this year there are supposed to be a couple of good defensive linemen but they should really be hitting the DL in the draft too.

Plus when a player of Champs stature advocates Tebow, it helps when building around Tebow.

SR
12-27-2010, 07:22 PM

This has to be the dumbest post I've ever heard.

Davii
12-28-2010, 01:10 AM
We've had the arguably the NFL's best CB for what, 7 years? And we've finished the season with arguably 3 of the worst defenses in the history of the organization?

Now, look at those defenses and imagine them WITHOUT Champ.

You could remove that word "arguably" and just say the worst D in the history of the organization.

I Eat Staples
12-28-2010, 11:44 AM

Which is it?

It can be both. Champ isn't the kind of guy to just say the right things, so I'm sure he genuinely supports both QBs.

SR
12-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. You can support more than one QB but favor one of them at the same time. Tebow brings something to the field and to the game that Orton simply doesn't have in him. It's hard for that kind of "it" factor to not be infectious.

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 04:36 PM
But you know what? You really need to invest in the defensive line through the draft. More teams let good DBs hit free agency than defensive linemen...at least typically. So, if theres a salary cap, persumably, you could spend a little more money on back 8 players. I think this year there are supposed to be a couple of good defensive linemen but they should really be hitting the DL in the draft too.

Plus when a player of Champs stature advocates Tebow, it helps when building around Tebow.

There will be a new agreement in place...
Rookies will be capped...
so no more stupid money to the unproven guys...
that frees up money for signing guys like Champ,
who are worth it and have earned it..

(They will call it the Jamarcus Russell Cap)

PAINTERDAVE
12-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. You can support more than one QB but favor one of them at the same time. Tebow brings something to the field and to the game that Orton simply doesn't have in him. It's hard for that kind of "it" factor to not be infectious.

And like all of us... we go with the flow.
Orton had our support... until he proved that he was average.
The disdain for him stems from McD
playing him long past his expiration date.

Now the support shifts to the #1 rookie sensation - Tebow.
He wil have a chance to prove his worth.
Over time... if he cant get it done...
his support would fade.

Personaly... I would not bet against the kid.

gnomeflinger
12-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Silky was probably drunk when he posted that.

SR
12-28-2010, 05:08 PM
And like all of us... we go with the flow.
Orton had our support... until he proved that he was average.
The disdain for him stems from McD
playing him long past his expiration date.

Now the support shifts to the #1 rookie sensation - Tebow.
He wil have a chance to prove his worth.
Over time... if he cant get it done...
his support would fade.

Personaly... I would not bet against the kid.

I, for one, won't bet against Tebow. His energy and drive are more than impressive. Seeing him get amped up on the sidelines and jumping around with the players is what this team needs and what we would never/won't ever get from Orton (or Quinn, for conversation's sake).

underrated29
12-28-2010, 05:20 PM
I, for one, won't bet against Tebow. His energy and drive are more than impressive. Seeing him get amped up on the sidelines and jumping around with the players is what this team needs and what we would never/won't ever get from Orton (or Quinn, for conversation's sake).

Now we just need that on the opposite side of the field. Dawk has it but too old. A mean amped up Fariley tearing peoples heads off would compliment TT holy roller style