12-26-2010, 07:05 PM
A-men! Andrew who? We have our guy!

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh yeah!!!!
:D

MileHiWildcat
12-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Not bad for a guy that the "coaching" staff kept insisting was not ready.

EMB6903
12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Wouldnt mind fairley, Dareus, Quinn, Bailey, Peterson, Bowers, even Hightower.

I Eat Staples
Although Tebow played good, especially when it mattered most, I'm not completely sold on him being the franchise QB. I definitely don't want us to draft Luck though, I'd rather build a defense and give Tebow next year to fully determine if he's the future or not.

And we don't need the #2 pick to get Fairley, which makes winning even sweeter. Let's finish the season with a win and still get our guy.

EMB6903
Not bad for a guy that the "coaching" staff kept insisting was not ready.

Definately.

I cant wait until hes actually ready to play in this league.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Definately.

yeah can you imagine?? :lol:

I Eat Staples
12-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Definately.

You're probably being sarcastic, but I actually agree. Tebow is still very raw, if he can improve his mechanics and reads and all then he can be very good. He has a lot of talent and he's a natural athlete. If he improves on most of the things he's criticized for, the sky is the limit.

He still has a long way to go, though. There's reason to be excited but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

JONtheBRONCO
12-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Hypothetically - could Andrew Luck have played better than Tebow today? I don't think so. Some of his balls looked like ducks though, and his footwork and lower body mechanics were very raw. But the raw talent is there, and its obvious the team feeds off his energy (the high fives today, team energy) - something I never saw in the past two years.

Andrew Luck would be tempting - but I really hope Denver goes defense (Peterson, Fairley, Bowers, Dareus) and sticks with Tebow. Go Broncos.

spikerman
12-26-2010, 07:32 PM
I was very impressed with TT tonight. Like some others have said, I still don't know if he is going to be a "franchise" QB, but I saw enough tonight (especially some good, NFL-caliber throws) to give him at least one season to prove it one way or another. Now, I would like to see Denver trade out of whatever spot they wind up picking in order to try to recoup some of the many draft picks that McDaniels foolishly sacrificed. This team has so many needs that a large number of picks are a necessity.

JONtheBRONCO
12-26-2010, 07:32 PM
I guess it doesn't matter though, if Tebow doesn't want to go anywhere - keep winning kid. Heres to beating the Chargers and drafting D. Go Broncos.

BroncoBJ
12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope you're right. Lets win next week and get the hell away from Luck. Personally I want Luck to return to college. In case we suck next year and find out Tebow isn't our guy, then maybe we can go for him. :lol:

No way in Hell do I or have I ever wanted Luck though. He won't help a damn thing on defense. Get defense and let Tebow be our guy. :rockon:

Today was a great day.

dogfish
12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I think Denver has their guy. Welcome Mr. Fairly. :salute::defense:

can we trade down and find a way to get watt and paea instead?

PAINTERDAVE
12-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Luck has played in 21 college games.

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 07:37 PM

how about we cherry pick paul solaia from miami?

Northman
12-26-2010, 07:38 PM

No. :laugh::D

I Eat Staples
12-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Luck has played in 21 college games.

And? Seriously, that's such a weak argument. We get that you love Tebow, but Luck is an amazing pro prospect.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 07:46 PM
It's all up to Elway, North!!:whoknows:

BroncoStud
12-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Luck is great, and I think he will be a great NFL QB. He has all the right tools to do so. But if Tebow can be really GOOD, and Denver can build a defense with this rare opportunity to draft so high, that would serve the Broncos better than 2 consecutive seasons of drafting a QB in the 1st.

I think first and foremost Denver needs to make sure Lloyd gets a contract to stay. Then, bring in a Free Agent TE, and draft a defense.

If Tebow is the move McDaniels got right, Denver is in a lot better shape than most of us thought a few weeks ago.

BroncoBJ
12-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Studesville said if Orton is healthy, he will be the starter next week.

:lol: That would sure piss everyone off.

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM
And? Seriously, that's such a weak argument. We get that you love Tebow, but Luck is an amazing pro prospect.

all the guy ever did was win and break ungodly records in college. luck could come in and bust like so many high first round qb prospects have done in the past. tebow has a much higher ceiling than luck.

for gods sakes jim, im a doctor not a proctologist!

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 07:52 PM

No one would show up... haha

Did he really say that??

dogfish
12-26-2010, 07:53 PM
how about we cherry pick paul solaia from miami?

yep, he's at the top of my free agent wishlist. . .

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Did he really say that??

not true. he actually said they would evaluate tebow the rest of the year and sheftner reported this to be true on espn.

orton will keep the bench warm the rest of the year.

dogfish
12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
not true. he actually said they would evaluate tebow the rest of the year and sheftner reported this to be true on espn.

orton will keep the bench warm the rest of the year.

and the jack cold. . .

BroncoBJ

Did he really say that??

:lol: No. Sorry to confuse you. I havn't heard him say anything.

Tim did say that he doesn't know if he starts and was his normal self. Always saying the right things. :fight:

I Eat Staples

That would be beyond ridiculous. Not even for that game, but for the future.

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 07:58 PM
yep, he's at the top of my free agent wishlist. . .

mine too. he actually knows nolans 3-4 very well and can stuff the run. that sure would free up some flexibility on draft day. i would go after him but i think miami is smart enough to tag him. also a pass catching te to be a security blanket for tebow on check downs.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 08:00 PM
and the jack cold. . .

cold jack goes down so smooth!! At least I was told:heh:

Ravage!!!
12-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Interesting..because after watching the game today, I have just as many (if not more) questions about him than I ever had. He looks exactly as I expected him to, and believe him to be as big of a project as ever believed.

EMB6903
12-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Interesting..because after watching the game today, I have just as many (if not more) questions about him than I ever had. He looks exactly as I expected him to, and believe him to be as big of a project as ever believed.

He looks exactly as you expected him too?

300+ yards passing on 29 attempts while leading a come back drive in his 2nd start????
some high expectations....

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 08:13 PM

308 yards and a 4th quarter come back in his 2nd start ravage should at least help some of those questions shouldnt it? orton never showed the fight tebow has just in 2 games. i know mechanics schemanics but he finds ways to make plays with his arm AND feet, something that could be deadly for teams next year.

i think the project lies in having him comfortable with the playcalling not necessarily his throwing motion. he will learn to not under throw the more he gets used to the speed of the nfl because he does have the arm but i think its just the timing of the route. it was good to see him get rid of it with out making huge turnovers.

overall....he gets an B+ for his second start.

Ravage!!!
12-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Yes... I watched the game, and you guys are putting up stats. Orton put up great stats in several games, and I continued to ssay the same things about him despite the same kind of comments about him "proving me wrong." Tebow is EXACTLY the project on the field that I expected to see. Huge project.

Thats not taking away from this individual game, but it proved to me that he's a HUGE project, still. ITs nothing different than what I've expected to see.

EMB6903
12-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes... I watched the game, and you guys are putting up stats. Orton put up great stats in several games, and I continued to ssay the same things about him despite the same kind of comments about him "proving me wrong." Tebow is EXACTLY the project on the field that I expected to see. Huge project.

Orton didnt make many plays though... Just put up stats.

Tebow made plays today while putting up very solid numbers.

and actually delivered when it counted... I like Ravage but its pointless to argue with a hater... how can you post something like that after Tebow's performance in his 2nd start ever... LMAO!!!

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Rav get that debbie downer shit out of here. This is a GREAT day to be a Broncos fan. Stats be dammed, Tebow went out there and WON THE MOTHER ****ING GAME! What more could you ask?

Dirk
12-26-2010, 08:18 PM

Thats not taking away from this individual game, but it proved to me that he's a HUGE project, still. ITs nothing different than what I've expected to see.

I agree he still has a ways to go. I only hope the Oline will get better because he had to make plays under pressure all day.

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 08:18 PM

The difference was Ortons stats were padded due to being down late in ball games. Orton also seem to throw the game away and never fought when we were down.

I agree that the verdict is still out on the kid but how can you not even see the potential?

Dirk
12-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Rav get that debbie downer shit out of here. This is a GREAT day to be a Broncos fan. Stats be dammed, Tebow went out there and WON THE MOTHER ****ING GAME! What more could you ask?

Yes he did! :salute:

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Its not even the stats that I care about. Its the W!!!

Ravage!!!
12-26-2010, 08:20 PM

I"m just telling it NOW.. so that I accused by some A-hole (cough) when he has a down game. I'm going to be honest and upfront...NOW...and be consistent until I'm proved different.

He had a good game, never said differently, but that doesn't mean he's not the project I expected.

But bailey.. if you want.. you can go hang out inthe "positive only" threads, if that is easier on your sensibilities :rolleyes:

BroncoBJ
12-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Some people just cant be satisfied. Tebow ran the ball 8 too many times for Ravages liking. :fight:

Ravage!!!
12-26-2010, 08:21 PM
The difference was Ortons stats were padded due to being down late in ball games. Orton also seem to throw the game away and never fought when we were down.

I agree that the verdict is still out on the kid but how can you not even see the potential?

He had a good game. But I definitely is a VERY big project. Like I said before, I"m hoping for the best. We need him to become something

EMB6903
12-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Too much of Floridas offense going on out there....Right?

When can he run the pro style offense?

broncofaninfla
12-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Tebow is already a better option that Orton. Time will tell id he is THE GUY but at least we can concentrate on other needs for the team next year knowing we'll be ok at QB. I can't wait to see him in a better scheme with a OC and HC that builds thier scheme around him rather than force feed a system the HC puts above him.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Its not even the stats that I care about. Its the W!!!

In the end, this is what matters! I wonder with a solid run game, solid oline and great defense what Tebow would look like!!

tomjonesrocks
12-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Tebow made throws that I really wanted to see today. Nice looking intermediate passes that are important for a NFL QB to make.

Am not too concerned with Tebow's statline for today was as nice as it was--the Texans are indeed a terrible, terrible pass defense. All the team really needed to see for now is if there's enough there with Tebow to warrant a longer look at QB. If they feel there is they can feel OK about focusing entirely for other needs in the upcoming draft. After these last 2 games hopefully that's exactly what they do.

Of course Tebow could still be a bust. For now at least he's showing enough to warrant more time. Which is very convenient because there can't be enough picks in the upcoming draft to spend on other positions.

Will have to see after the draft though if I hadn't wished the Texans have made the imminent game winning FG today. This team needs an impact player. Hopefully they can still get one despite dropping 3-4 spots or whatever today's win costs the team.

I Eat Staples
12-26-2010, 08:39 PM
In the end, this is what matters! I wonder with a solid run game, solid oline and great defense what Tebow would look like!!

That is indeed a tempting proposal.

Northman
12-26-2010, 08:43 PM
It's all up to Elway, North!!:whoknows:

Indeed. And if he drafts luck he's the wrong guy for the job.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 08:43 PM
That is indeed a tempting proposal.

It's something the BRONCOS lack!!

.....we as BRONCO fans better hope the FO gets a great HC/GM in here because no matter who plays QB, the BRONCOS will struggle!!

Nomad
12-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Indeed. And if he drafts luck he's the wrong guy for the job.

I'm expecting alot out of him especially the decisions he makes to better the BRONCOS!!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Luck is great, and I think he will be a great NFL QB. He has all the right tools to do so. But if Tebow can be really GOOD, and Denver can build a defense with this rare opportunity to draft so high, that would serve the Broncos better than 2 consecutive seasons of drafting a QB in the 1st.

I think first and foremost Denver needs to make sure Lloyd gets a contract to stay. Then, bring in a Free Agent TE, and draft a defense.

If Tebow is the move McDaniels got right, Denver is in a lot better shape than most of us thought a few weeks ago.

We do have Lloyd for next season, too. A lot of people think he's a FA we need to sign. Actually he was this past offseason (we only signed him to a 1 year deal in 2009) and re-signed him to a 2 year deal this year for $2.05 mil. We're basically stealing him at that price. The contract info is right there on top. We re-signed him in March for 2 years.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=449

HORSEPOWER 56
12-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Tebow made throws that I really wanted to see today. Nice looking intermediate passes that are important for a NFL QB to make.

Am not too concerned with Tebow's statline for today was as nice as it was--the Texans are indeed a terrible, terrible pass defense. All the team really needed to see for now is if there's enough there with Tebow to warrant a longer look at QB. If they feel there is they can feel OK about focusing entirely for other needs in the upcoming draft. After these last 2 games hopefully that's exactly what they do.

Of course Tebow could still be a bust. For now at least he's showing enough to warrant more time. Which is very convenient because there can't be enough picks in the upcoming draft to spend on other positions.

Will have to see after the draft though if I hadn't wished the Texans have made the imminent game winning FG today. This team needs an impact player. Hopefully they can still get one despite dropping 3-4 spots or whatever today's win costs the team.

Well, seeing as how Cincy and Detroit also won we didn't move far. Both of their strength of schedules are tougher than ours because we play the NFC West and with the Sparklers losing today, we look even weaker in the AFC West. That's great news for us.

I Eat Staples
12-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Well, seeing as how Cincy and Detroit also won we didn't move far. Both of their strength of schedules are tougher than ours because we play the NFC West and with the Sparklers losing today, we look even weaker in the AFC West. That's great news for us.

We can win the finale and still have a good chance at a top 5 pick. And we can probably get Fairley or another impact player on defense with a pick outside of the top 5.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 08:56 PM
We can win the finale and still have a good chance at a top 5 pick. And we can probably get Fairley or another impact player on defense with a pick outside of the top 5.

I tried and remained positive with the BRONCOS winning this year but with our defense and limited offense, I don't see us beating the Chargers. It would be great if I'm wrong!! So would that make the BRONCOS the #2 overall draft selection!!

BroncoBJ
12-26-2010, 08:56 PM

Todays loss didn't affect us yet I don't believe. Carolina is #1 and I believe we are still 2. We are 1 of 3 teams with 4 wins. And honestly I still want to win next week. I'd like a draft pick around 4 or 5. I believe all the teams ahead of us might go offense which is good. Let them all get offense. All I want is defense. :fight:

Lancane
12-26-2010, 09:00 PM
You're probably being sarcastic, but I actually agree. Tebow is still very raw, if he can improve his mechanics and reads and all then he can be very good. He has a lot of talent and he's a natural athlete. If he improves on most of the things he's criticized for, the sky is the limit.

He still has a long way to go, though. There's reason to be excited but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

That and the the offensive line needs to be fixed, we need a better right tackle before they get the kid killed.

Medford Bronco
12-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Although Tebow played good, especially when it mattered most, I'm not completely sold on him being the franchise QB. I definitely don't want us to draft Luck though, I'd rather build a defense and give Tebow next year to fully determine if he's the future or not.

And we don't need the #2 pick to get Fairley, which makes winning even sweeter. Let's finish the season with a win and still get our guy.

Defense is what has been bad since 2005 and overall never top 5 since 1977.
That is what I want.

I Eat Staples
12-26-2010, 09:03 PM
I tried and remained positive with the BRONCOS winning this year but with our defense and limited offense, I don't see us beating the Chargers. It would be great if I'm wrong!! So would that make the BRONCOS the #2 overall draft selection!!

I agree, I doubt we'll beat the Chargers. We may have a chance since they've probably given up, but it's not likely.

Lancane
12-26-2010, 09:04 PM

And I'm all for drafting Fairley, but I have to wonder what system will be in place in the new regime, and how will they evaluate defensive talent. Fairley is the one sure bet to be good in either base scheme, but what of the new staff, especially if Xanders does retain his defacto G.M. status?

atwater27
12-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I think Denver has their guy. Welcome Mr. Fairly. :salute::defense:

I will eat my dose of Tecrow and say that is a fair assessment. I guess my hatred of McDaniels trickled down to his draft picks..

Northman
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I will eat my dose of Tecrow and say that is a fair assessment. I guess my hatred of McDaniels trickled down to his draft picks..

Nah, i dont blame anyone for having any doubts. I had my doubts and hated the pick at the time. And its still way early so he could still crash and burn. But, i just hated the idea of drafting another QB in the first round again. We really need to just start working on the defense.

Medford Bronco
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Agreed. I hated McD more than the pick of Tebow. I just wanted to see him play, especially when Oak is beating us like 49-7 and he is not in there. he should have had more snaps before this. he should have started once Denver go to 3-8 IMO and had some playing time in some of the blowouts.

I just hope he has a great career and denver wins again. :beer:

He has a great attitude and lots of guts.

Lancane
12-26-2010, 10:04 PM

I don't think it's time to eat crow just yet...give him a season or two, but till then? The boy still has a lot to improve on, and in the same sense prove before such time. Like North said before, he could prove to be a bust still...just many of us prefer to draft defense over offense once again.

Jake Klug
12-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Agreed. I hated McD more than the pick of Tebow. I just wanted to see him play, especially when Oak is beating us like 49-7 and he is not in there. he should have had more snaps before this. he should have started once Denver go to 3-8 IMO and had some playing time in some of the blowouts.

I just hope he has a great career and denver wins again. :beer:

He has a great attitude and lots of guts.

Now you can add "he should have played Tebow" as one more reason to hate McDaniels. Either that or be glad he's gone.

cuzz4169
12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
If we go 4-3 I like the idea of bringing in Haynesworth....He wants to play in a 4-3...Then I like a pass rushing DE in the draft. for the pick I like Bowers or Quinn. Quinn really being my guy. My front 7 in a 4-3 base defense LE Bowers or Quinn, DT Bannan, DT Haynesworth, & RE on running downs Ayers.....MLB Mays....WLB Dumervil (in nickle and dime he goes to RE plays like Derrick Thomas) SLB No answer yet lol I would trade DJ...would love to sign David Harris......but all of this depends on what system we run next year.

jhildebrand
12-26-2010, 10:12 PM
After today's performance, I wonder why the staff, and Tebow himself, felt it necessary to dial down the game plan so much last week.

Honestly, I don't understand the detractors from today's game. Tebow played damn well! Is there stuff you don't like? Of course! But that was the case with Cutler in his second game! At the end of the day, he is a rookie. Furthermore, a rookie who was by all accounts mishandled by McDaniels and wasn't given snaps during the season while McDaniels was here.

The fire he has translates to the other side of the ball. You could see it after he scored the go ahead TD firing up the D and what do you know? They actually forced a turnover!

Finally, today's game was meaningless with a Defense that was as bad, if not worse, than Cutler's playing a team better than the Bills and 49ers without playoff implications and the guy delivered a victory when it could have been easy to pack it in!

I said it in "my front 7" post, spending more picks on the QB position right now will only serve to set this team back more. This team needs to focus on rebuilding elsewhere.

Northman
12-26-2010, 10:13 PM
If we go 4-3 I like the idea of bringing in Haynesworth....He wants to play in a 4-3...Then I like a pass rushing DE in the draft. for the pick I like Bowers or Quinn. Quinn really being my guy. My front 7 in a 4-3 base defense LE Bowers or Quinn, DT Bannan, DT Haynesworth, & RE on running downs Ayers.....MLB Mays....WLB Dumervil (in nickle and dime he goes to RE plays like Derrick Thomas) SLB No answer yet lol I would trade DJ...would love to sign David Harris......but all of this depends on what system we run next year.

Hell no to Haynesworth.

cuzz4169
12-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Hell no to Haynesworth.

what do you have to lose...he wont command a lot of $ if he's a douche he just gets put on inactive list.

EMB6903
12-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Anybody listen to Tebow's post game presser?

Pretty good stuff.

Rick
12-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Tebow may not be polished but frankly he finds a way to pull plays out of his ass and that is the important part.

I don't give a shit if this kid throws granny style, if it's for first downs and touch downs and he avoids sacks and runs yards....what does it matter.

If he gets it done is more important than how and this kid finds a way.

I am seeing a bright future. Spend the picks on the line and aging secondary.

bigtimebronco
12-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Tebow really impressed me, he's shown the signs, he has the potential to be great. Of course he has his work cut out for him, as does every other rookie, which everybody seems to be forgetting. Tim Tebow won us this game today, something i expect to see again and again in the coming seasons of rebuilding

Jake Klug
12-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Tebow really impressed me, he's shown the signs, he has the potential to be great. Of course he has his work cut out for him, as does every other rookie, which everybody seems to be forgetting. Tim Tebow won us this game today, something i expect to see again and again in the coming seasons of rebuilding

Yeah, Tim symbolizes a lot in that reguard...at least for me.

Rick
12-26-2010, 11:46 PM
The thing feeling I am getting about Tebow is the same one could get from Elway.

Do you think in those 40+ comeback/4th quarter wins that Elway had that for even a second the team around him ever felt that Elway wouldn't find a way to get it done?

I am getting that about Tebow. He may not have the most polished throwing motion, best at making reads but people believe in him. The team is starting to believe that just get behind him and one way or another he will get it done.

Attitude can go a long way.

MileHiWildcat
12-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I hope you're right. Lets win next week and get the hell away from Luck. Personally I want Luck to return to college. In case we suck next year and find out Tebow isn't our guy, then maybe we can go for him. :lol:

No way in Hell do I or have I ever wanted Luck though. He won't help a damn thing on defense. Get defense and let Tebow be our guy. :rockon:

Today was a great day.

Being an AZ Wildcat, I can count on one hand all former Pac-10 QBs that have been stellar in the NFL. Luck tore up bad secondaries this year.

Dreadnought
12-26-2010, 11:55 PM

Then here's to Mcdaniels making one single solitary good decision during his wretched tenure :beer:

Blind pig, broken clock, fill in your own favorite cliche here _______

Jake Klug
12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Then here's to Mcdaniels making one single solitary good decision during his wretched tenure :beer:

Blind pig, broken clock, fill in your own favorite cliche here _______

What about, "even a broken clock plays Tebow twice a year"?