PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs. Raiders

Pages : [1] 2 3

sneakers
09-08-2008, 12:06 AM
It is officially 12:01 AM here in the Midwest so.....

It's Time for Broncos Gameday!!!!! (finally)

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
It is officially 12:01 AM here in the Midwest so.....

It's Time for Broncos Gameday!!!!! (finally)
Great excuse to have Tuesday off work :rockon:

sneakers
09-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Great excuse to have Tuesday off work :rockon:

I already told my work that I was coming in late!

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 12:49 AM
I already told my work that I was coming in late!
I just tell them I'm not bothering :D

MNF = 5-5:30am to bed + :beer: ;)

sneakers
09-08-2008, 01:03 AM
I just tell them I'm not bothering :D

MNF = 5-5:30am to bed + :beer: ;)

I can see why you like MNF so much :lol:

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I can see why you like MNF so much :lol:
Only problem is I can only justify it for Broncos games :(

And if it's on terrestrial TV................so if we've got any SNF after the World Series ....................:D

sneakers
09-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Only problem is I can only justify it for Broncos games :(

And if it's on terrestrial TV................so if we've got any SNF after the World Series ....................:D

When we are 12-0, maybe they will move all of our games to SNF like they did with the patsies last year.

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 01:56 AM
When we are 12-0, maybe they will move all of our games to SNF like they did with the patsies last year.
Sounds good to me :D :rockon:

Time for work :frusty:

Watchthemiddle
09-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Its about time!! I have been waiting to see this thread for 8 1/2 months. :salute:

SR
09-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I could barely watch any football yesterday because I'm so excited for tonight. Normally I go in to work at 11pm, but I told my boss about the game and he said not to come in until 0100, which is great.

EastCoastBronco
09-08-2008, 06:35 AM
I see a sick day in my immediate future....;-)

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 07:01 AM
I see a sick day in my immediate future....;-)
:nono:

:laugh:

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Happy Gameday everyone.

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 08:23 AM
In many ways, what happens tonight is one-stop shopping for the Broncos, all of what they want, all of what they need.

For it is the one place where the things-to-fix list for the 2008 season, the one that came out of the things-that-went-wrong list in 2007, can get some check marks.

"It's important for us to get off to a good start after everything we've done this offseason," Broncos cornerback Dre Bly said. "Because last year was totally unacceptable, unacceptable for this defense, unacceptable for this team."

And by the time the Broncos finish their evening's work against the Raiders at McAfee Coliseum (8:15 MDT, KDVR-Channel 31, ESPN), they might know a lot more about themselves. That's because:

* The Broncos have said they believe they have repaired a run defense that was 30th in the league last season. Now they get to prove it against a Raiders team that was sixth in the league running the football in 2007 and has added first-round pick Darren McFadden to the backfield.

* Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler has said he believes the offense has "a lot of weapons," but it must play without receiver Brandon Marshall as he serves a one-game suspension from the league.

* And the Broncos say, after two consecutive years of only being able to press their noses against the glass of the postseason, on the outside looking in, they are ready to once again compete for the AFC West title.

"If you don't do anything in the division, it's tough to get in the playoffs . . . ," Bly said. "That's just a fact. We know that. It starts right away, with this game."

In many ways, the Raiders, despite their own woes with a 12-loss season in 2007, their fifth consecutive year with at least 11 losses, were one of the teams that sent the dominoes falling the wrong way for the Broncos last year.

The Broncos escaped Week 2 with a 23-20 overtime win only after Sebastian Janikowski missed the winning field-goal attempt after a quickly called Broncos timeout had negated the kick he made.

But the 200-yard rushing game by the Raiders was the first thread pulled in what then became a defensive unraveling.

The Broncos surrendered at least 200 rushing yards in two of the next three games, and at least 186 rushing yards in those three games, and never quite regained their balance.

Making it clear

It's why Bob Slowik now is calling the defensive signals instead of former assistant head coach/defense Jim Bates. And it's why coach Mike Shanahan has said he wanted to return to a scheme he is far more comfortable with and one the players say is far more conducive to making plays instead of mistakes.

"Everything's a lot more clear," linebacker D.J. Williams said. "Guys are focused, there's no indecision."

"I've said it before, but if you can't stop the run, you're not going to have a very good chance of winning in the National Football League," Shanahan said. "And last year, we weren't good, we didn't do what you need to do to be successful."

Offensively without Marshall, who led the team in catches, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns last season, the Broncos offense also is going to have to construct drives against a defense whose strength is in its secondary.

Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha already might have been one of the more underrated players in the league, but then Oakland added former Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

The Raiders had their own problems stopping the run last season. They allowed 10 backs to gain at least 100 yards and finished 31st in the league, right behind the Broncos. So the Broncos might have to lean on their own run game a little more early against the Raiders as they work to the passing game out of that.

"We can't change the fact Brandon's not in there," Cutler said. "We have to deal with it. Other guys have to make plays. We'll have opportunities out there to make plays, and other guys are going to have to do it."

Indeed they will. Especially because the Broncos can have a lot to say about the AFC West race even before September is out.

Early West tests

They will face the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs within the first four weeks of the season - San Diego will be at Invesco Field at Mile High on Sunday - and whichever team closes the month the best will have an immediate advantage in the division.

Since winning the division in 2005, the Broncos have not beaten the Chargers in four meetings, and last season they split with the Raiders, losing in Oakland in December as the Raiders pounded out 175 rushing yards.

There also was the matter of the Broncos' 2-6 record on the road last season, including 1-2 in the division.

"But we've got talent to get it done," defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson said. "I believe that; I believe we have what we need to do some things. It's just about everybody lining up and doing their job."

So, here it is. All of the summer optimism of Shanahan's youngest team, all of the feel-good themes of training camp give way tonight to what will be in the 2008 season.

It's just the first step of what Shanahan always has called the "16-round fight" of the regular season, but one that could give a glimpse of whether what the Broncos believe they have done truly has been done.

"It's the start, the beginning," Bly said. "You always want to get off to a good start, always. We did last year; we were 2-0 right away and kind of just fell after that. But we want to come out and get it going in this one. We need to."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/sep/07/broncos-head-into-the-great-unknown/

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 08:24 AM
http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/09/08/brochart_t613.jpg

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Five Keys to the Game:

1 Get another guy. Receiver Brandon Marshall won't play in this one because of his suspension, so some other receivers have to find some open spaces against the Raiders' aggressive secondary. All in all, Marshall's absence even could prepare them for Week 2 and beyond, when Marshall figures to get plenty of attention from defensive backs who want to make someone else beat them.

2 Protect and serve. The Broncos' youthful offensive line likely will get tested early with some blitzes to see how it reacts. The Raiders certainly have the cornerbacks to play singled up on the outside, so the pressure likely is coming up front.

3 Pound it. No Marshall and plenty of youth in the offensive line, now there is the recipe for running the ball plenty early to calm down things some. The Broncos need some production out of their two-back and two- tight end looks to give the Raiders something else to think about.

4 Here he comes. The Raiders are chomping at the shield to unleash rookie running back Darren McFadden on somebody. They steamrolled the Broncos defense in two meetings last season, and the Broncos will start the season with a loss if Oakland turns the trick again. If the Broncos let McFadden have a crease, it's a touchdown.

5 Lift the lid. It is indeed just one game on a 16-game list, but the Broncos' opener in Buffalo last season, and all the struggles they had before squeaking out a win, set the tone for what became a 7-9 limp to the finish. The Broncos have a chance to give a young roster confidence heading into the Week 2 game.

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Key Match-ups:

When the Broncos run the ball

* The skinny: The Broncos certainly couldn't make things go in their last trip to Oakland - they gained 86 yards on 29 carries in December - but the Raiders struggled most of 2007 against opponents' backs, and the only significant change on defense was to acquire former Giants safety Gibril Wilson. Wilson's signing, to play strong safety, moves Michael Huff to free safety, where the Raiders are hoping the 2006 first-rounder will have more room to use his speed and find the level they hoped to see long before now.

* It's a fact: Last season, 10 running backs rushed for at least 100 yards against the Raiders, and four of those rushed for at least 150 yards. That total included 128 yards from former Broncos back Travis Henry in Week 2.

Advantage: Broncos

When the Broncos pass the ball

* The skinny: The Broncos will play this one without receiver Brandon Marshall, who is serving a one-game suspension for violating the league's conduct policy. That means the Broncos will have to find some impact elsewhere in the formation against Oakland's top-shelf set of cornerbacks. Also, with a rookie left tackle in Ryan Clady and a first-year starting right tackle in Ryan Harris without Marshall on the outside, the Raiders figure to be aggressive in the rush early and play single coverage on the outside to see how the Broncos react. They'll keep coming if the Broncos can't handle their business.

* It's a fact: The Raiders are the only team in the league that has intercepted Jay Cutler more than three times. The Raiders have picked off four passes in two Cutler starts against them.

When the Raiders run the ball

* The skinny: Most personnel executives around the league are not enthralled with the Raiders' offensive line, especially the right side, where former Broncos Cornell Green and Cooper Carlisle play. They signed Kwame Harris in free agency and quickly moved him to the left tackle spot. But the backfield is another matter. Out of a similar zone-run scheme the Broncos run, the Raiders can send Justin Fargas (146 yards in December against the Broncos) or first-round pick Darren McFadden at a defense. For much of 2007, the Broncos had no answer for backs such as that.

* It's a fact: McFadden was one of six running backs in the league to average at least 5 yards per carry in the preseason. Four of those players, including McFadden, were rookies.

Advantage: Raiders

When the Raiders pass the ball

* The skinny: This could be a struggle for the Raiders all season if quarterback JaMarcus Russell can't get the ball out quickly. They don't have much depth at receiver - they signed former Broncos player Ashley Lelie just days before the season started - and Russell didn't always look decisive in the preseason. Russell started only one game as a rookie in 2007, so he still is facing a long developmental curve. Right now, he has the double dip of trouble, in that he hasn't been all that accurate and often holds the ball too long in the pocket.

* It's a fact: In his preseason finale against Arizona, when he faced largely starters across from him, Russell was sacked four times. He also was sacked four times in his only start in 2007.

Special teams

* The skinny: The Broncos have a rookie punter, a rookie returner and a kicker who has made only one career field goal in a regular-season game. They have piles of potential in all three spots, but until they perform in games that get added in the standings, they are a collective question mark. Kicker Matt Prater and punter Brett Kern showed huge legs in the preseason, but a nationally televised opener on the road against a longtime division rival is another matter entirely.

* It's a fact: Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski made three kicks from at least 52 yards last season. Also, eight of his nine misses last season came from at least 40 yards.

Intangibles

* The skinny: The Raiders certainly are not the most stable of teams, with rumblings around the league coach Lane Kiffin and owner Al Davis are not even on the same book, let alone being on the same page. Kiffin also is believed to have tried to replace defensive coordinator Rob Ryan in the offseason only to be overruled by Davis. But it is the season opener, it is nationally televised and even teams in trouble usually can muster something to begin the season at home, especially because the Raiders can run the ball to settle things down.

Jeff Legwold's prediction: Broncos 27-20

NameUsedBefore
09-08-2008, 08:37 AM
If we win, especially by a blowout, I'd like to think that team will explode.

If we lose, our fanbase will probably explode.

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
This game is making me nervous...

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 08:40 AM

Ditto. Opening day on the road again. We don't fare well, typically.

At least it's the west coast, not the east. And against the Fade.

claymore
09-08-2008, 08:40 AM

Me to man. I wasnt nervous for St louis or Miami awhile back, so hopefully Thats a sign.

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Ditto. Opening day on the road again. We don't fare well, typically.

At least it's the west coast, not the east. And against the Fade.

Nothing like starting the season on the road four straight seasons...:rolleyes:

Scarface
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/Denver%20Broncos/2839236145_315e0e5331.jpg

Crush05
09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
After seeing our first team clicking in what little time they played in the preseason watch out!!! We have something to prove watch and see. Also if you look our first team defense rocked it for the most part. IMO our one main weakness is our return special teams!!:salute:

Broncos 34 Faiders 10

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2008, 02:17 PM
:salute: :defense: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME MNF :salute: :defense:

Northman
09-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeeeep. And im nervous as hell. I want so badly to make a statement tonight and pound the Faid.

AlWilsonizKING
09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!!

Kick some Faider behind!!!!!

PEACE!!!

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
:tsk:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20910

:elefant::beer:

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2008, 02:28 PM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20910

:elefant::beer:

Where's 9798. A gameday thread just doesn't seem official unless 9798 does it. ..

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Where's 9798. A gameday thread just doesn't seem official unless 9798 does it. ..

He's a slacker.

LRtagger
09-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm excited to finally get to see the team play in HD and not on the crappy web stream...first time this year!

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
6 hours and counting. . .

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM
6 hours and counting. . .

9 p.m. is gonna suck.

I got $20 on Clay not even remembering this game. He can drink a lot in 5 hours (time he gets off of work until kickoff). I think he does have DVR though.

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2008, 03:27 PM
9 p.m. is gonna suck.

I got $20 on Clay not even remembering this game. He can drink a lot in 5 hours (time he gets off of work until kickoff). I think he does have DVR though.

Yeah. I'm guessing the game will be over somewhere around 12:30am. And then I have the obligatory Sportscenter review before I go to bed. Tomorrow morning is going to be really rough.

honz
09-08-2008, 03:43 PM
This day is going by so slow! Watching the Pack/Vikes game (and tennis at 3:00) should make the last few hours go by faster, but it seems like every time I look at the clock only 5 minutes have passed. Let's get this show on the road!

claymore
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
9 p.m. is gonna suck.

Hell no..... Ive waited 8 months for this. I took tomorrow off too.... So I will be good and liquored up..... but not bad enought to forget.

BroncoJoe
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm already drinking.

Bronco9798
09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm already drinking.

I'm already having diarrhea. I hope that's a good thing!!! I'm so ready for tonights game. :beer::beer:

turftoad
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm already drinking.

Jeeesh Joe. Slow down, we still have 5 more hrs to wait. You wanna see the game don't ya.

turftoad
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm already having diarrhea. I hope that's a good thing!!! I'm so ready for tonights game. :beer::beer:

Me too Kev. Been a long wait.

Raiders are always a tough game, esspecially away. They do have some talent. I think they're going to be tougher than last year.

Should be a good game.

MasterShake
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM

No, thats the guacamole. You left it out too long. GO BRONCOS!

Buff
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm already drinking.

Get a job you lush...

;)

shank
09-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Get a job you lush...

;)

get a beer you prude...

;)

girler
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
AAARRRRGH. :croc: :spider:

Buff
09-08-2008, 04:47 PM
get a beer you prude...

;)

If I could crack one at my desk, I would have done it hours ago...

I guess I could always employ the Costanza method-- "Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? If I would have known that sort of thing was frowned upon..."

pnbronco
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM

Yes, yes and YES!!!!

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
If I could crack one at my desk, I would have done it hours ago...

I guess I could always employ the Costanza method-- "Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? If I would have known that sort of thing was frowned upon..."

It's better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission.

shank
09-08-2008, 04:57 PM
buff is a corporate shill

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
WHY OH WHY do we have to be the second game??? Oh well the drinking has started and I'm grilling some good steaks. HERE WE GO BRONCOS! :beer:

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Tom Jackson is the shit. :salute: BRONCOOOOS!

girler
09-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Right now the NFL channel is playing "John Elway: Champion Forever"

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes, yes and YES!!!!

Love your sig and hopefully our adoptee will have a good game. :beer:

Tned
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
If we win, especially by a blowout, I'd like to think that team will explode.

If we lose, our fanbase will probably explode.

Nahhh, our fans 'never' explode :laugh:

BigDaddyBronco
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
So I'm watching the Packers-Vikings game and during the intros for the defense Jared Allen was wearing a black cowboy hat. Did anyone else think he looked like Chuck Norris a little?

Tned
09-08-2008, 06:23 PM
WHY OH WHY do we have to be the second game??? Oh well the drinking has started and I'm grilling some good steaks. HERE WE GO BRONCOS! :beer:

Yea, it is going to be after midnight here when it ends. You east coast?

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Yea, it is going to be after midnight here when it ends. You east coast?

Yeah unfortunitly.

I might be half smashed when it starts.. damnit.

Broncogator
09-08-2008, 06:31 PM
So I'm watching the Packers-Vikings game and during the intros for the defense Jared Allen was wearing a black cowboy hat. Did anyone else think he looked like Chuck Norris a little?

For some reason those into things really annoy me

Tned
09-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah unfortunitly.

I might be half smashed when it starts.. damnit.

NOt me, I had a massive headache after work, had to take something for it, that had Tylenol, and I never drink when I have taken tylenol.

I'm double pissed. The late game, and no booz

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Aww that sucks man...

I have to stay up I didn't wait this long to just pass out and not even watch it. I'm fired up for it.. it's just so odd having TWO Monday Night games.. we so should have been first.

Tned
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Anyone know what happened. The last few years, Fox Sports Rocky Mountain played the John Lynch show, Total Access, A preview shows and several other Broncos shows (most of them were also aired on CBS 4 I think). This year, nothing is showing in the DirecTV guide.

This is driving me crazy that I am not going to get these shows this year.

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Did ya'll see that run by Adrian Peterson? He RAN over that man! Then the run after... damn I shoulda had that boy on my fantasy team!

Nomad
09-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Should be a close game! GO BRONCOS!

Sparkie
09-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Game starts at 3AM our time (UK) ... Five are carrying the Vikings-Packers game as well. NFL bonanza from 1am til 6 in the morning! Gotta love it :laugh:

The North Wales Whiskyteers - Sharkie and I - will be awake (hopefully) and texting each other as the plays progress. Oh and there'll be plenty of eating & drinking as well! *burp* *hic*

GO BRONCOS !!!!

:salute: :defense: :madgrin:

denbroncofan26
09-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Did ya'll see that run by Adrian Peterson? He RAN over that man! Then the run after... damn I shoulda had that boy on my fantasy team!

Ya that was ridiculous! I had the first pick in my draft and took LT and Im already doubting myself. Peterson is such a beast, but he has to split some time with taylor and that detracts from his worth some

claymore
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
It almost seems like the NFL/Refs dont want the packers to win with some of the calls. I was so happy when Favre retired......... I wish he would have stayed that way.........

Kapaibro
09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I was happy to see Aaron get that TD.

claymore
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I was happy to see Aaron get that TD.

Me to. It was 2 lucky catches, but he needed it. Plus I have him in my salary cap league. :D

Kapaibro
09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Just after all the crap he has had to put up this preseason, it was good to see him get the points.

Especially after his OLine fuq'd that previous possesion hugely! 1st and 33?? Seriously you twits!

claymore
09-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Just after all the crap he has had to put up this preseason, it was good to see him get the points.

Especially after his OLine fuq'd that previous possesion hugely! 1st and 33?? Seriously you twits!

I agree 100%........ I will say Al Harris is a cheating SOB!

Benetto
09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
**** this Packers game....When is it going to be 7 o'clock already!!!

Poor saps who have to watch it at 10PM...East coasters. Good luck waking up tomarrow :salute:

Bozo Jr.
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone, I've been offline for a while.:mad:
But it's great to be back!

Go Broncos:elefant:

MasterShake
09-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey everyone, I've been offline for a while.:mad:
But it's great to be back!

Go Broncos:elefant:

Good to have you back whoever the hell you are. GO BRONCOS! :salute:

Just kidding dude, your ok in my book.

Bozo Jr.
09-08-2008, 07:49 PM

Poor saps who have to watch it at 10PM...East coasters. Good luck waking up tomarrow :salute:

Insomnia solves that problem!!!! I've got a bad case of it.:coffee:
Luckily I don't work till 4PM!!!!

Calif. Bronco
09-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Listening to Countdown to Kickoff online and ready to roll - GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Sidenote: They just replayed part of John's retirement press conference - can you guys believe it's been 10 years??????:shocked:

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Sidenote: They just replayed part of John's retirement press conference - can you guys believe it's been 10 years??????:shocked:

No.

Tebow4Ever
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM

I have him on mine, I am very pleased thus far. Would like to see him get into that endzone though.

Bozo Jr.
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Listening to Countdown to Kickoff online and ready to roll - GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Unbelievable how time flies. What I can't believe is the fact we have not been back to the SB in 10 years.:tsk:

Tebow4Ever
09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
78 Minutes to kickoff..WOOOHOOOOO. LETS GO BRONCOS!!!

Kapaibro
09-08-2008, 08:14 PM

hello? It's 3.14am in Spain here already. I'm looking at sunrise football!

scott.475
09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
hello? It's 3.14am in Spain here already. I'm looking at sunrise football!

OK, Kapaibro wins the fan of the year award!

slim
09-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Bag of doritos - $3.99
12 pack of Michelob Amber - $12.99
Elway Throwback - $299

Watching the Broncos open the season on MNF - Priceless

I am so amped for this game it is unreal.

BTW, Tavaris Jackson = BVP.

Calif. Bronco
09-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Just saw the inactive list and Javon Walker's name is on it

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
This game isn't going to be over...:tsk:...

Missing kickoff = suckage.

Calif. Bronco
09-08-2008, 08:34 PM

ESPN has like 84 channels - hopefully they show the beginning of it on one of them

slim
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM

You would think this clowns could figure out how long the average game takes and then add a 15 minute cushion (or 30 minutes) :tsk:

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
You would think this clowns could figure out how long the average game takes and then add a 15 minute cushion (or 30 minutes) :tsk:

They did...that's why its starting at 9:15...but wouldn't you know it, the Vikes and Packers have to play a slow-ass game.

SR
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
SR checking in. I'm getting antsy because this Minnie/GB game looks like it's going to run in to the Denver game, but I'm patient. I'll probably be in the chat room during the game, unless I feel like getting my post count up then I'll post in this thread.

Hobe
09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
ESPN has like 84 channels - hopefully they show the beginning of it on one of them

I doubt. This is ESPN we're talking about.

silkamilkamonico
Just saw the inactive list and Javon Walker's name is on it

So is Jarvis Moss.

What a terrible, terrible, terrible pick last year. Both trading a third rounder to grab Moss in the first round, and then Crowder in the second.

Unbelievable.

slim
They did...that's why its starting at 9:15...but wouldn't you know it, the Vikes and Packers have to play a slow-ass game.

No they didn't. They used the old 3 hour rule. Game have been longer than 3 hours for quite some time.

SR

I like "the Ocho"

pnbronco
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
For anyone in the Denver, Mecklenburg is on Fox 31 with the sports reporter giving analysis. They are having all kinds of different reports.

Wow Kapi I'm impressed.

Sarah my good friend Med made my sig, I'm the dumbest tech person on this site, but I love my Broncos....

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
This definitely has to be tough for Andre

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10413271?source=rss

ALAMEDA, Calif. — With a heavy heart, Broncos running back Andre Hall has decided to play in the season opener tonight against the Oakland Raiders.

Hall learned a couple hours before game time that his mom had passed away.

Hall knew his mother was ill and in a Florida hospital, but her passing came as a shock. After talking it over with several members of the Broncos' coaching staff, front office and teammates in his hotel room today, Hall decided to play.

He is expected to share carries with Broncos' starting tailback Selvin Young.

Tned
09-08-2008, 08:44 PM
SR checking in. I'm getting antsy because this Minnie/GB game looks like it's going to run in to the Denver game, but I'm patient. I'll probably be in the chat room during the game, unless I feel like getting my post count up then I'll post in this thread.

Yea, that's going to suck. They need to stop throwing those yellow hankies and let this game end.

Tned
09-08-2008, 08:45 PM

ALAMEDA, Calif. — With a heavy heart, Broncos running back Andre Hall has decided to play in the season opener tonight against the Oakland Raiders.

Hall knew his mother was ill and in a Florida hospital, but her passing came as a shock. After talking it over with several members of the Broncos' coaching staff, front office and teammates in his hotel room today, Hall decided to play.

Ouch.

pnbronco
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Ouch.

That is so sad, I can't imagine how he must feel, I think ouch says it all.

Hobe
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM

Man that hurts! Hope they can get him to a plane right after the game!

slim
09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
When Farve went off on MNF a few years back...I can't remember if his Dad had died that same day or if it was a few days prior. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, God's speed Andre...you are a better man than me.

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Broncos Football coming up!

:beer:

tubby
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
:rockon:

BroncoAV06
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

OAKLAND - In addition to Javon Walker, here are Oakland inactive players:

Receiver Todd Watkins, safety Rashad Baker, defensive end Kalimba Edwards, center John Wade, tackle Mario Henderson and third quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo. Edwards is injured.

Here are Denver's inactives: safety Calvin Lowry, running back Ryan Torain, linebacker Louis Green, tackle Erik Pears, center Tom Nalen, guard Dylan Gandy, defensive end Jarvis Moss and defensive tackle Josh Shaw.

The only surprise is Moss. He had no reported injury. If he is healthy, this is a surprising move. The 2007 first-round pick finished last season injured. But Oakland was expecting a lot from him this year. Yet, Moss was unproductive in the preseason. If he is indeed a healthy starch for this game, that does not mode well for Moss on a defense that hungry for pass rushing.

Casey Wiegmann continues to start for Nalen, who is coming off a knee injury. Nalen may be back in the coming week.

Well, guess no looking at Jarvis tonight....

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

OAKLAND -- Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker will be inactive for tonight's Broncos-Raiders game. Walker will miss playing against the team that cut him because of a hamstring injury he suffered Saturday. Raiders coach Lane Kiffin had said Walker would play. Johnnie Lee Higgins will replace him in the starting lineup and just-signed Ashley Lelie will likely play as well.

More on both teams' inactive list shortly.

slim
09-08-2008, 09:00 PM
15 minutes to kickoff. Hold your water, boys.

claymore
09-08-2008, 09:01 PM
15 minutes to kickoff. Hold your water, boys.

I wish I had a real man like you here to hold my hand. ............. Im shaking I think.

Love Clay

:D

Tned
Come on guys, keep those plays in bounds and keep the clock running.

Tned
Big fourth down, stop them GB!!

slim
Well, guess no looking at Jarvis tonight....

Oakland was expecting a lot from Moss this year? I think Burger Bill needs to put down the double cheese and pay attention to what he writes.

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I wish I had a real man like you here to hold my hand. ............. Im shaking I think.

Love Clay

:D

Come on GB and MV Hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Ugh...an injury...

slim
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Ugh...an injury...

Just a cramp. 3 minutes on the game clock and 12 on the real clock.

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Just get it over and done with.

scott.475
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Man, I'm telling you, after just losing my Dad to a 2 year fight with cancer, I do not know how Andre could play. I mean, we had two years to prepare for his death, and it still hit me so hard, I could not believe it. I cannot imagine playing or working the day of or after his death.

Blessings and prayers for his family.

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Man, what was up with Barnett?

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Man, I have GB in the office pool, I need them to hold on for the win. I'm one behind, but I picked GB and the leader picked Minn. :sad:

slim
09-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Uh, eight minutes and counting.

Maybe they will hold kickoff for a few minutes.

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Ok, switching to laptop and big screen. be back shortly

RunYouOver
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Let's get ready to go!!

BroncoAV06
09-08-2008, 09:10 PM
12 mins till kick in OAK.

pnbronco
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
More flags, come on guys 21...please.....

claymore
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
My greatest fear was this game (GB/MV) going to OT................

RunYouOver
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Looks like it's starting at 10:20 PM now EST

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
My greatest fear was this game (GB/MV) going to OT................

Well, lucky for you, there's no easy way to score 5 points...

EastCoastBronco
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
ECB checking in...

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Can we disguise BMarsh as Keary Colbert and have him play instead?

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Can we disguise BMarsh as Keary Colbert and have him play instead?

Sounds like a plan to me...

slim
09-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Alright, let the last 30 seconds run off...we don't need to see it.

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Come on, switch to Oakland

Hobe
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
SHut up! Switch it!

slim
Good Lord, we don't give a crap about Aaron Rodgers.

C'mon........

RunYouOver
Let's get this started!

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a plan to me...

We just need Brandon to grow Keary Colbert hair.

EastCoastBronco
It's almost as if they think people actually give a shit about Aaron Rodgers...;-)

RunYouOver
Yeah!! Let's GO BRONCOS!!

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:21 PM
We just need Brandon to grow Keary Colbert hair.

As long as he doesn't take off his helmet...

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Let's get this started!
Let me ask you...............................

Do you knw the meaning of HATE!!!!!!!!! ;)

Morning folks :salute:

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Let me ask you...............................

Do you knw the meaning of HATE!!!!!!!!! ;)

Morning folks :salute:

4 a.m.?

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Broncos season has started!

BTW, the Raiders field SUCKS!

Tned
At least they held the kickoff.

ktrain
Man I just saw that shit excuse for a field with its dirt infield and stands full of **** turds!!!! Gawd I hate that place

Den21vsBal19
4 a.m.?
Not far off..........3:20 :beer:

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Hmm, interesting play, but Royal slipped.

MOtorboat
Damn, he tripped...if he had cut back and turned it up...he had some room...

Hobe
That didn't fool any one

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Fast Eddie!

Retired_Member_001
Eddie Royal!

Tned
For those that want to get into the gameday chat room, you can click on this link:

Ok, the link doesn't seem to be working, click on BF Chat in the upper right, then click floating chat.

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Royal in the backfield!

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Looks like a heavy Eddie gameplan :D

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:27 PM
"Come on Nate!"

Jay is pumped...

Retired_Member_001
Come on Nate, how can you drop that?

scott.475
"Come on Nate!"

Jay is pumped...

I like seeing that from Jay.

RunYouOver
Big third down here!

MOtorboat
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Got to score on the first drive...big play...

RunYouOver
09-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Great throw by Cutler to pick up the first, keep it moving!

WTE
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Gosh, that's an early timeout.

I guess there's communication problems already.

RunYouOver
09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Come out of the timeout with a good play, let's score 7 on this drive.

denbroncofan26
This is intense, Im all pumped up!

claymore
Doing good so far, but want to say so its not a jinx.......... I hate playing games that have baseball diamonds..............

Especially opening games............

Tned
Broncs have been known for burning early timeouts the last few years.

nmbroncosfan
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Cutler giving a heavy dose of leadership

soonerjh
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
oh yeah!!!

ktrain
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
royal!!!!!!!!!!

a star is born

Retired_Member_001
TOUCHDOWN!

Good play! Good drive.

omac
Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!@!!

Den21vsBal19
WOOT FAST EEEEEDDDDDDDIIIIIEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:

RunYouOver
Touchdown Eddie Royal!!

pnbronco
Yeah Royal, and good job my boy Stok for keeping the drive alive...

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute::salute:TOUCHDOWN:salute::salute:

Tned
So much for the guy on KOA saying that it is too much to expect the rookie (Royal) to make much impact, the Broncos will need to dominate in the run game. :)

Ok, let's see how this new, improved run D looks :defense:

nmbroncosfan
how sweet it is

red98
Royal is the man tonight!

WTE
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Did he only have one foot down?

BroncoAV06
Eddy Money!

scott.475
Eddie!

Gamechanger
nice play, good opening drive

MOtorboat
Ed-die! Ed-die! Ed-die!

omac
Cutler! Royal! OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!!!

MOtorboat

No, he had two.

nevcraw
love the O line play on that drive!!!!

EastCoastBronco
Now that's getting it done...7's instead of 3's baby....Sweet. Royal is something else man...

Benetto
09-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Beautiful Freakin pass. PERFECT!!

omac
did He Only Have One Foot Down?

Lol! :D

Retired_Member_001
Time to see this run defense.

I can't get over how well Eddie Royal has started.

Benetto

Only to eyes connected to small brains.

Gamechanger
you guys would think i'm liars if I said I knew Eddie Royal's family

ktrain

nope he did a great job of tapping the second foot, great body control.

R U scared????????

nmbroncosfan
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
with Royal and Marshall defenses are going to have a tough time

Retired_Member_001
Greeeeaaat

ktrain
our special teams really sucks stilll

RunYouOver
Terrible Special Teams...I guess that's something that hasn't changed

BroncoAV06
Well.......

Nomad
Typical ST from the BRONCOS:coffee::tsk:

Den21vsBal19
Special teams :sad: :mad: :frusty:

:defense:

WTE
Gosh,

You guys gotta be a little worried with your special teams.

pnbronco
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Nice tackle Jamie...

Retired_Member_001
Winborn good tackle

Den21vsBal19
Gosh,

No more than usual :frusty:

Benetto
We need an INT here...Gain momentum back

RunYouOver
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
C'mon D STEP UP!

Nomad
Gosh,

And the run defense!

nmbroncosfan
Gosh,

You guys have to be a little worried without Tom Brady

WTE
Yikes,

Your thin D-Line is already showing its stripes.

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:39 PM
For those that said McFadden was an outside back that couldn't run it between the tackls, Nate Webster was put on his butt, so he might disagree.

Den21vsBal19
And there goes Nate's Helmet :lol:

Tned
Come on Ditka, give us more than one series before you say our run D still sucks.

Benetto
09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
We need to go for a fumble....They're not throwing it.

BroncoAV06
McGree does fly at the legs with force.

Tned
bad spot, but they might still get it. I think they should have spotted it about 6" or more towards the endzone.

ktrain
gawd the mikes really suck as announcers

Benetto
09-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Stop Them!!

RunYouOver
Stop Them

pnbronco
And there goes Nate's Helmet :lol:

We need to have a over/under on how many times his helmet comes off.:laugh:

Den21vsBal19
:defense: :defense: :defense:

RunYouOver
09-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Defense looks weak.

WTE
Jinkies,

I think Velma has her first clue to solve the mystery of your defense.

Your defense stinks.

http://www.umsl.edu/~ccj/images/velma.jpg

Benetto
Got jakked up!!

pnbronco
Great job Jamie and Nate....

Tned
WEbster got him back for being put on his butt :D

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Good defense there.

We've always been good at the goaline.

Tned
Great bat away by Manuel, even with the hold he got away with

BroncoAV06
Oh Doom!

soonerjh
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
alright! way to go d!

Retired_Member_001
Take that!

ktrain
doom!!!!!

pnbronco
Elvis is in the building!!!!

Benetto
What Did I Say Bitches!!!

Gamechanger
*sigh* i'd rather have the Broncos run D rather than the Colts run D :tsk:

atwater27
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmm!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Tned
Yes!!! Wonder if they will challenge that as a forward pass (I think it might have been lateral anyway)

ChairmanBron
Nice Stop!

RunYouOver
Yeah Elvis!!

Just What We Needed!!!!

Nomad
Way to rush the passer and get the TO

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2008, 09:45 PM
After listening to these announcers, I will never complain about Kornheiser again :tsk:

omac
Whow, dodged a bullet there. Run defense has to play much, much better.

ktrain
These guys are as much in the tank for the evil empire raiders as their counterparts in the mainstream press are for Obama......geez, it seems like every comment they make is anti bronco

RunYouOver
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Let's get another TD and put this game in our control early!

ChairmanBron
Whow, dodged a bullet there. Run defense has to play much, much better.

And not to mention special teams.

Nomad
After listening to these announcers, I will never complain about Kornheiser again :tsk:

Isn't Golic an ex-Raider? I know he was an Eagle.

atwater27

"Denver's run defense was ranked 30th last season...........
An there are 32 teams." Mike Ditka.

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I like the run out of shotgun. Not a real option we have had in recent years.

Benetto
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Deangelo Hall is a bitch

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Nice second effort by Nate. Justa llittle short.

Benetto
09-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Nate missed one earlier too...

Benetto
Where was the face mask?

soonerjh
looks like he got the first

Tned
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Hope they don't challenge

Benetto
The two mikes (greeny & golic) sound like a bunch of Bias pansies..

Tned
Damn, they are challenging it, which will kill the 1st down :(

Den21vsBal19
09-08-2008, 09:51 PM
And not to mention special teams.
PLease, don't mention the special teams :mad:

claymore
I think this is an jokekland broadcast.

Retired_Member_001
We needed to get the ball off before they could challenge.

:mad: