PDA

View Full Version : So Tom Brady is my QB in my big money league...

hookemhess
09-07-2008, 08:04 PM
and my back-up is Eli Manning. Should I pick up Rivers, Kitna, Ryan or Bulger?

Northman
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Must be a small league if those guys are still available. lmao

BFI
09-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I have Brady, too...and here's the fun part. Its a 16 owner league (so all starting QBs are taken)...and my back-up QB is....wait for it...Brodie Croyle, who was also injured today- seperated shoulder.

So whats a girl to do? Pick up Damon Huard?

ugh!

Slick
09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Go get Cassel. Why not? They're still a well coached team. He'll have some good weeks.

Northman
09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I have Brady, too...and here's the fun part. Its a 16 owner league (so all starting QBs are taken)...and my back-up QB is....wait for it...Brodie Croyle, who was also injured today- seperated shoulder.

So whats a girl to do? Pick up Damon Huard?

ugh!

Honestly, pick up Cassel. He still has a lot of talent to work with on that team.

MOtorboat
09-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Um, you saw Rivers go for 3 TDs today, right?

How did the rest of those hacks do?

dogfish
09-08-2008, 03:55 AM
absolutely, hold your nose and pick up rivers-- it's okay if there's money on the line. . . .

BFI
09-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Honestly, pick up Cassel. He still has a lot of talent to work with on that team.

someone already snagged him. I'm eyeing a couple of lame options:
Damon Huard
Chris Sims (if he gets the go ahead)
Kerry Collins.

Outside of the fantasy world...the NFL is really up for grabs now...the elites have stumbled out of the gate...

Broncos need to step it up and kick some ass!:beer:

Thnikkaman
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
I had brady in my money league too.
But I also have Cutler and Gerrard as backups, so I don't feel like I'm screwed yet.

omac
09-12-2008, 09:47 AM
someone already snagged him. I'm eyeing a couple of lame options:
Damon Huard
Chris Sims (if he gets the go ahead)
Kerry Collins.

Outside of the fantasy world...the NFL is really up for grabs now...the elites have stumbled out of the gate...

Broncos need to step it up and kick some ass!:beer:

From those 3, I think the best is easily Kerry Collins.

Titans have an excellent OL, and a dynamic rushing attack, and a moster defense. That will help any quarterback. But Collins already knows the system, and he's pretty well composed and a very good decision maker as a backup. He's brought a team to the superbowl.

The Titans passing game also becomes much better, with more rythm, with Collins under center. All of a sudden, Crumpler, Scaife, and Gage will be tons more effective.

Only problem with Collins is that he's not very mobile, so defenses might try to tee up on him more. Also, if Young comes back, then you're back to square one, but that's not a sure thing with his mental state.

Collins has good vision and still has a great arm.

Huard has to work with a very suspect OL, and KC just looks like an expansion team. Because of their OL, their rushing attack isn't as good. Also, Huard is not a very mobile QB, so he probably loses effectiveness if he can't throw from the pocket. He should get sacked a ton.

Chris Sims hasn't played in years; they probably brought him in as Collins' backup. He doesn't even know the system.

But it's really up to you; don't blame me, hehehe. :D

omac
09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
and my back-up is Eli Manning. Should I pick up Rivers, Kitna, Ryan or Bulger?

I guess Rivers is the safest bet. Bulger and the Rams look attrocious. Kitna might be able to throw a ton, because he has 2 stud WRs, but he might give you negative points if he throws more INTs than TDs. I like Ryan's composure, but very risky since we haven't seen much from him.

Maybe you can get Trent Edwards off of someone's bench relatively cheap. He's got a really good OL, a beast of a RB in Marshawn, a legitimate WR threat in Evans, and a consistent tight end target in Royal. He's got more composure than most starting QBs; the issue with him is durability.

Thnikkaman
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Does someone already have Cassel?

frauschieze
09-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Does someone already have Cassel?

Matt Cassel confident due to years of quarterbacking Patriots in Madden

While many in the football media have written off the Patriots this season in light of the injury to quarterback Tom Brady, backup quarterback Matt Cassel says he knows he has the ability to lead New England to the Patriots.
“As a backup, I have a lot of free time on my hands, and it’s time I fill playing Madden,” he said. “I start myself over Brady when I play. Last season I missed the playoffs by a game and this year I’m off to a slow start at 3-5, but my quarterback rating is up.”
Cassel says he thinks he is better than the so-called experts believe – or at least better than his rating in Madden.
“Seventy-six? That’s bullcrap,” he said. “I’m easily in the 80s. If I was rated accurately, I would definitely have made the playoffs by now.”
Patriots coach Bill Belichick says he will scale back the playbook for Cassel’s first start, but the four-year backup says he wants to play a free-wheeling style.
“I don’t think we should ever punt on fourth down,” said Cassel. “More often than not in Madden I’m able to convert on fourth down. And there’s this one play-action pass that I hit to Moss all the time. I’m not sure if it’s in our real playbook, but it should be.”

Slick
09-14-2008, 01:27 PM
That's hilarious.