PDA

View Full Version : Jay Glazer reports Elway to become top Broncos Executive within 2 weeks + discussing ownership

Tned
12-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Elevation Inc posted this in another thread, but I thought it needed to be out of that thread and on its own.

RT NFLONFOX: Glazer: John Elway will become the top #Broncos executive within next 2 weeks. Discussions ongoing w/ Elway willing to buy stake in team.

dogfish
12-26-2010, 02:59 PM
*hopes for the best*

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:02 PM
*hopes for the best*

If he's correct, then either I was wrong about Ellis reporting to him, or Ellis is gone.

Ziggy
12-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Hopefully his first move is to hire a real GM.

red98
12-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Elevation Inc posted this in another thread, but I thought it needed to be out of that thread and on its own.

Looks like Elway is going to be an Owner in Training.

I like it!

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Looks like Elway is going to be an Owner in Training.

I like it!

I don't think he has the money to be a 'real' owner, unless he got a conglomerate together, or was co-owner with Bowlen and/or his children long term.

Elevation inc
12-26-2010, 03:20 PM
there was also word elway was putting together a GM and HC list, glazer was talking about it on his show.....my guess is Ellis is gonna stay on the financial side of things as well as xanders, and elway and a legit GM will be the top Football guys, with elway the direct link to bowlen on that end....could be good as long as elway focuses on a legit GM and HC, but the prospect of him over ellis with regards to structure is a big plus

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm really excited to see what Elway could do for this team.

BroncoStud
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
GREAT news!

BroncoBJ
12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
I hope Ellis is gone. I just don't really like him. I think at least a few people agree with me but I really don't like him. Something about him that I just don't trust. :fight:

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I hope Ellis is gone. I just don't really like him. I think at least a few people agree with me but I really don't like him. Something about him that I just don't trust. :fight:

I disagree on both counts, but would like to see Elway on board. I'm not sure how much he will actually bring to the FO, but if nothing else, he will give us fans something to be excited about.

BroncoBJ
12-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I disagree on both counts, but would like to see Elway on board. I'm not sure how much he will actually bring to the FO, but if nothing else, he will give us fans something to be excited about.

Yea, not sure how I feel about Elway being in here, but it will make fans happy. I know 1 thing though, I sure cant wait til the season is over so we can get our new coaching staff in place and get ready for next year. I'm counting down the days. :elefant:

dogfish
12-26-2010, 03:39 PM
there was also word elway was putting together a GM and HC list, glazer was talking about it on his show.....my guess is Ellis is gonna stay on the financial side of things as well as xanders, and elway and a legit GM will be the top Football guys, with elway the direct link to bowlen on that end....could be good as long as elway focuses on a legit GM and HC, but the prospect of him over ellis with regards to structure is a big plus

man, that would be so sweet if it actually happened like that. . .

i'm going to be nervous as hell about this whole thing until we get to see how it really plays out. . . i've convinced myself the real GM thing isn't happening-- i'll be so ****in' happy if i'm wrong. . .

give me eric decosta or omar khan, please. . .

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
man, that would be so sweet if it actually happened like that. . .

i'm going to be nervous as hell about this whole thing until we get to see how it really plays out. . . i've convinced myself the real GM thing isn't happening-- i'll be so ****in' happy if i'm wrong. . .

give me eric decosta or omar khan, please. . .

decosta for the win.

we need some fresh ideas in here, mainly on the defensive side of the ball.

dogfish
12-26-2010, 06:27 PM
decosta for the win.

we need some fresh ideas in here, mainly on the defensive side of the ball.

fo reals. . .