PDA

View Full Version : What has Elway ever done to get so much cred as an Analyst?

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Beside play?

I mean what has he ever said that you could consider being critical cutting edge analysis? All I ever hear this guy say is the obvios, the proverbial yes man for the franchise, never seems to go out on a limb, except when he invests his money that is. DOH~!!

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 02:04 PM
He was the head personnel guy for the Colorado Crush when they won the Arena League championship.

BeefStew25
12-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Aside from the fact pretty much everyone says if you can get Luck, you do it, not much.

But think of it this way: you get to join a new message board if Tebow is moved.

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:05 PM
That's pretty good. That is football. But I want to hear his takes on the NFL that has so many seemingly hanging on his every word.

BeefStew25
12-26-2010, 02:07 PM
That's pretty good. That is football. But I want to hear his takes on the NFL that has so many seemingly hanging on his every word.

He himself said he knows his limitations. That is why he would not make personal decisions.

I guess I haven't seen you make this same topic about Joe Ellis.

Dzone
12-26-2010, 02:08 PM
^LOL...

on his friday show on 877 fm, elway said he has no interest in coaching or scouting personnel

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Dude, he's basically coming in to consult. He won't me making the final personnel decisions.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah... Elway is not coming to call the plays and construct our draft... He's gonna be here to put in some advice every once in a while. Maybe help the QB's here and there, and give an inspirational locker room speech... I don't see who could be opposed to that, or question his football knowledge of the NFL.

BroncoAV06
12-26-2010, 02:14 PM
How dare you question John Elway.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Sounds like he is scouting to me. Best player in the draft? That is a whole hell of alot of scouting when you consider how many players are eligible.

Elway was asked as a Broncos' fan, not an executive, what he would do if such a scenario were presented.
"That's a big question," Elway said on his radio show. "I'll tell you this: I think Andrew Luck is the best football player in the draft, without a doubt. If that were to happen, then you're going have to have some very serious conversations of exactly which direction you want to go, whether it's with Tim or take a guy like Andrew Luck. To me, barring injury, he's going to be very successful in the NFL."

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Sounds like he is scouting to me. Best player in the draft? That is a whole hell of alot of scouting when you consider how many players are eligible.

Elway was asked as a Broncos' fan, not an executive, what he would do if such a scenario were presented.
"That's a big question," Elway said on his radio show. "I'll tell you this: I think Andrew Luck is the best football player in the draft, without a doubt. If that were to happen, then you're going have to have some very serious conversations of exactly which direction you want to go, whether it's with Tim or take a guy like Andrew Luck. To me, barring injury, he's going to be very successful in the NFL."

Wow, you are reading WAAAYYY to much into that comment. Elway is probably just basing that off of watching Luck play and what other scouts have said. I highly doubt he is basing that comment off of scouting all the players in the draft. Come on man.

Plus, he is a Stanford QB and so is Luck.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Keep in mind, Elway was a Stanford guy himself so he'd prob watched Luck play quite a bit...

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Elway is claiming Luck is going to be very successful in the NFL? All this hype alludes that somehow Tebow isn't.

Someone needs to tell this jackass the Broncos already have a QB~!!:salute:

No wonder Shanahan gave him the boot. What an idiot

BroncoAV06
12-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Are you up for the position vs Elway or something?

Elevation inc
12-26-2010, 02:24 PM
according to rumors on twitter from glazer, Elway is set to become top executive of the broncos with in the next 2 weeks, also says that elway is working ownership stake and putting list together for GM and HC canidates,

HAVE NO IDEA HOW TRUE THIS IS PROBALLY JUST A RUMOR< BUT ITS OUT THERE NOW IN MEDIA LAND ACCORDING TO GLAZER!!!!!

Dzone
12-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Anybody who gets rid of Tebow will be hated

honz
12-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, Jagsbs...

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Tebow is a Bronco who played exceptional in the SEC, the best conference in college.

Last thing I want to hear from my Exec is wanting to disregard that fact, and place the focus of the players on this team and its fan base on someguy from the Pac Ten.

This is treasonous behavior, that betrays the leader of this football team.

Elevation inc
12-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Tebow is a Bronco who played exceptional in the SEC the best conference in college.

Last thing I want to hear from my Exec is wanting to disregard that fact and place the focus of this team and its fan base on someguy from the Pac Ten.

This is treasonous behavior, that betrays the leader of this football team.

jesus dude just stop already this is the duke you talking about, if you cant be respectful about the best player in denver history, florida would welcome you back full time with open arms, enough with the over the top antics already jesus

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Elway is claiming Luck is going to be very successful in the NFL? All this hype alludes that somehow Tebow isn't.

You are clueless. There's a reason why Luck is a top 2 prospect, and Tebow was considered a first round reach, and possibly a third round. COnsidering Colt McCoy looks better than him, who knows how far he could have dropped.

LMAO This ain't college son.

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, Jagsbs...

I guess I was dumb when I called out Orton as well, when everyone and their brother wrote me me off. What a bunch of homers

honz
12-26-2010, 02:31 PM
I was dumb when I called out Orton as well. What a bunch of homers

Just gonna let that one sink in for people...

turftoad
12-26-2010, 02:32 PM

What???

Really? :confused:

Tned
Are you up for the position vs Elway or something?

Nope, he's just got his feelings hurt because he thinks that Elway disrespected his idol Tebow by saying that you can't pass on Luck in the draft.

silkamilkamonico
I guess was dumb when I called out Orton as well. What a bunch of homers

You also said Tebow was a winner who made his teammates better. A 39-23 beatdown to the lowly Raiders? Some "winner".

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I guess was dumb when I called out Orton as well. What a bunch of homers

Well, when you call out John Elway, don't expect it to sit well with real Broncos fans...

Do you know who John Elway is?
Take a minute to review the 1997 and 1998 NFL season. You might see why we're "homers" when it comes to Mr. Elway...

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 02:34 PM
You also said Tebow was a winner who made his teammates better. A 39-23 beatdown to the lowly Raiders? Some "winner".

LOL please. Tebow is the only reason we didn't lose that game by the same margin we did the first time we played the Raiders.

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2010, 02:36 PM
LOL please. Tebow is the only reason we didn't lose that game by the same margin we did the first time we played the Raiders.

LOL You are not very good at this are you?

Tned
12-26-2010, 02:38 PM
according to rumors on twitter from glazer, Elway is set to become top executive of the broncos with in the next 2 weeks, also says that elway is working ownership stake and putting list together for GM and HC canidates,

HAVE NO IDEA HOW TRUE THIS IS PROBALLY JUST A RUMOR< BUT ITS OUT THERE NOW IN MEDIA LAND ACCORDING TO GLAZER!!!!!

Gonna create a new thread on this, rather than keep it in this one that's surely going to spiral into cess pool hell.

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 02:38 PM
LOL You are not very good at this are you?

I know you're just trying to needle Jags, but when someone posts something ridiculous I'm going to call them out on it.

claymore
12-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh please lord Jesus, let Luck fall to us in the draft, or let us trade Tebow to Carolina to be with his redneck kin.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Hanging on every word of Elway - NO - when you have followed the Broncos for years, you are well aware of what John has done for the Broncos, what John means to the Broncos, and that John wants only the best for the Broncos, and the Bronco fans. John will always be the "top" player associated with the Broncos.

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I am glad I got this off my chest. Elway is a trader.:salute:

spikerman
12-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Jags, Tebow would like to know if you'll be finished sniffing his jock in time for him to get it back for today's game.

claymore
12-26-2010, 02:44 PM

Lets hope so. Hopefully we can recoup a 2nd or third for tebow.

BroncoWave

:lol: You have a very strong grasp of the English language!

spikerman

Do you mean he trades people? He hasn't traded anybody yet as far as I know. :confused:

If you meant what I think you meant you're making the Florida school system look bad. I went to school in Florida and I don't appreciate it.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Well... I think this is black hole bound....

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Jags, Tebow would like to know if you'll be finished sniffing his jock in time for him to get it back for today's game.

He's probably doing more than just sniffing it. :shocked:

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 02:46 PM
He's probably doing more than just sniffing it. :shocked:

Dude is probably wearing it at this point...

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2010, 02:46 PM

AND, you left out the last part of what John said -

On whether the Broncos should draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck if available when Denver picks

I think that's something you really have to think about. Look at the situation you're in and look at all the different options."

http://www.877theticket.com/page/59/The_John_Elway_Show

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Tim Tebow without a doubt is the leader of this team right now, what Elway is doing with his horse teeth is cutting him to shreds by propping up a player who has never played a down in the league on the same pedestal.

Horse teeth Elway needs to stop disrespecting the leader of this team and start putting the emphasis on what is ailing it namely the defense.

Broncos have been outscored by over 120 points this season. What an idiot

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:03 PM

This is the kind of utter nonsense that results in nearly all of your threads spiraling into the gutter.

WTF are you talking about.

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Can Tebow complete more than 50% of his passes today? Kyle Orton is at 58.8% on the season. Can Tebow be better than Kyle Orton?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Tim Tebow without a doubt is the leader of this team right now, what Elway is doing with his horse teeth is cutting him to shreds by propping up a player who has never played a down in the league on the same pedestal.

Horse teeth Elway needs to stop disrespecting the leader of this team and start putting the emphasis on what is ailing it namely the defense.

Broncos have been outscored by over 120 points this season. What an idiot

You are TOTALLY unbelievable - cutting down the GREATEST player to ever play for the Broncos, to satisfy YOUR OWN AGENDA :mad: HOW IN THE HELL IS JOHN DISRESPECTING YOUR BOY?????

silkamilkamonico
12-26-2010, 03:06 PM

This is Tebow's job. I was told that he made his teammates better. It sure didn't look like it against lowly Oakland last week.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I hope Elway makes all the right decisions for the BRONCOS....from the FO to his so called 'advice' in player personnel!! I'll be pulling for him like I always have!!

Elevation inc
12-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Can Tebow complete more than 50% of his passes today? Kyle Orton is at 58.8% on the season. Can Tebow be better than Kyle Orton?

lol pot stirrer:beer:

BroncoStud
12-26-2010, 03:27 PM

John Elway is the man, he is the unquestioned all-time great of this franchise. We know, without fail, Elway will do everything in his power to make this a successful franchise, not for his sake, but for the sake of the Broncos.

He has earned the right to be a part of the front office more than 99% of the current NFL executives have.

Now let me ask you... What has Elway done or said to make anyone think we won't be a successful executive?

This thread = F'ing STUPID. :welcome:

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM

this is one of the dumbest things i've ever read on a message board.

ever.

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Love seeing all Tebow haters on board with Elway in regards to playing down Tebows role on this team. :beer:

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:32 PM

I didn't see this gem the first time. What total BS is this? :confused:

Do you know anything about the Broncos and their history?

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Love seeing all Tebow haters on board with Elway in regards to playing down Tebows role on this team. :beer:

Tebow haters? I'm very high on Tebow.

That has nothing to do with pointing out the ridiculousness of your posts. Sorry, don't hide behind Tebow's skirts when trying to defend these posts of yours.

Slick
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't think it's out of the question to wonder if Elway is qualified for the job. The problem is we are all speculating on exactly what John's role will be. Glazer's tweet doesn't exactly clarify anything in my eyes.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Tebow haters? I'm very high on Tebow.

Yeah me too... Jags is on a totally different planet.

Jags, you're NOT a Broncos fan. End of story. Anyone who talks about John Elway like that, and then tries to claim to be a fan of OUR team, is off their rocker.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2010, 03:38 PM

Who in the HELL is hating on Tebow???? I will let you know that your RIDICULOUS posts are enough to make anyone a Tebow hater. Do everyone a FAVOR, and STOP posting such RIDICULOUS stuff for your agenda ONLY. Believe me, Tebow DOES NOT NEED ANY HELP FROM YOU

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't think it's out of the question to wonder if Elway is qualified for the job. The problem is we are all speculating on exactly what John's role will be. Glazer's tweet doesn't exactly clarify anything in my eyes.

Agreed. I'm not convinced that Elway is qualified for an exec job, this stuff that's being posted in this thread is just ridiculous. Shanahan gave Elway the boot? :confused:

BroncoStud
12-26-2010, 03:39 PM

WTF does Elway have to do with Tebow? Elway knows QB's better than most, if he sees Tebow is a winner and a franchise QB then Tebow will be built around.

If he believes that Luck is the better prospect and Denver has a chance to get him, he'll do it.

This has nothing to do with Tebow, it's about Elway replacing Joe Ellis, who has NO CLUE what he's doing.

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Wow, Jags, you got CAROL pissed off. That is an accomplishment.

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:44 PM
WTF does Elway have to do with Tebow? Elway knows QB's better than most, if he sees Tebow is a winner and a franchise QB then Tebow will be built around.

If he believes that Luck is the better prospect and Denver has a chance to get him, he'll do it.

This has nothing to do with Tebow, it's about Elway replacing Joe Ellis, who has NO CLUE what he's doing.

It has to do with Tebow, because Jag's is mad becuase Elway said the Broncos shouldn't pass on Luck (or something close to that) if they had the #1 pick.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 03:44 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing!!

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Can we add a ban rule on the disrespecting of John Elway to the COC? I'd love to get this fool off our board...

BroncoWave
12-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Can we add a ban rule on the disrespecting of John Elway to the COC? I'd love to get this fool off our board...

I'm in favor! :D

PAINTERDAVE
12-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Umm.. you crossed a line there pal.

Shanahan did not "give him the boot".
Elway helped us win two Superbowls in a row...
his helecopter move into the end zone is famous....

and then John gracefully retired.

Shanahan would have LOVED for John to play another year or two.

So Elway acknowledges that Luck is the best QB in the draft....
and that IF... IF he comes out..
and IF... IF.. the Broncos were presented with the opportunity..
they would have a choice to make.

Big Deal. That is reality. They would have a choice to make.

I would choose Tebow and a defensive first pick.
It's not my call, though.

You getting all butt hurt over Elway voicing an opinion ..
and then coming on here of all places and slamming him for it..
and saying things that are not true..

well... that is just plain stupid.

I never had a problem with you, dude, but you are creating animosity for yourself on this board with your ignorance.

Just sayin'...

Nomad
12-26-2010, 03:49 PM

As a player and what he means to the BRONCOS....yes!!

As a proven FO exec......no, the jury is still out!!

Jags is going off the deep end but I'm not going to annoint Elway some FO genius just yet....I will give him my support on his decisions and hope they are for the better of the team, but if this team isn't better in 3 to 5 yrs then Elway's FO ability will definitely be questioned and scrutinized!!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2010, 03:50 PM

Doesn't happen very often - BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Tned
12-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Jags is going off the deep end but I'm not going to annoint Elway some FO genius just yet....I will give him my support on his decisions and hope they are for the better of the team, but if this team isn't better in 3 to 5 yrs then Elway's FO ability will definitely be questioned and scrutinized!!

Agreed, but this thread isn't really about whether or not Elway is qualified, it's about Elway saying no team should pass on Luck, which the OP saw as a slam on his idol, Tebow.

Nomad
12-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Agreed, but this thread isn't really about whether or not Elway is qualified, it's about Elway saying no team should pass on Luck, which the OP saw as a slam on his idol, Tebow.

I understand, just answering cam's post and agree that Jag's is going overboard on this!!

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 03:54 PM

No, im not either. But I'm just shocked at how this guy is going about voicing his opinion. Dude comes on a Broncos board and starts bashing our most beloved player? He's delusional... half the stuff he's said has NOTHING to do with Elway's comments on Luck...

Real fans, like you Nomad, know that that's a big NO NO! :beer:

PAINTERDAVE

Fail.

I am far from a Tebow hater.

You , sir, are a blind fool.
I doubt a guy like Tebow would think much of your comments...

In actuality...
Tim Tebow would probably be embarrassed to have you as a fan.

Your petty, small minded angry comments about John Elway
are so far beneath the kind of person Tebow is...

go look in the mirror, dude, and ask yourself...
how did I become such an ass?

turftoad
Umm.. you crossed a line there pal.

Shanahan did not "give him the boot".
Elway helped us win two Superbowls in a row...
his helecopter move into the end zone is famous....

and then John gracefully retired.

Shanahan would have LOVED for John to play another year or two.

So Elway acknowledges that Luck is the best QB in the draft....
and that IF... IF he comes out..
and IF... IF.. the Broncos were presented with the opportunity..
they would have a choice to make.

Big Deal. That is reality. They would have a choice to make.

I would choose Tebow and a defensive first pick.
It's not my call, though.

You getting all butt hurt over Elway voicing an opinion ..
and then coming on here of all places and slamming him for it..
and saying things that are not true..

well... that is just plain stupid.

I never had a problem with you, dude, but you are creating animosity for yourself on this board with your ignorance.
Just sayin'...

Thats because Jags is NOT a Broncos fan. He is ONLY a Tebow fan. If Tebow ever gets traded I'm sure Jags will follow him to another team and message board.

spikerman
12-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I guess I was dumb

I stopped reading right there. I think it summed up your position perfectly. :beer:

Nomad
No, im not either. But I'm just shocked at how this guy is going about voicing his opinion. Dude comes on a Broncos board and starts bashing our most beloved player? He's delusional... half the stuff he's said has NOTHING to do with Elway's comments on Luck...

Real fans, like you Nomad, know that that's a big NO NO! :beer:

I wonder if this is just a game Jags plays with the boards to get people wound up because he always knows the right buttons to push!!

Denver Native (Carol)

Exactly what this thread is all about.

As far as if Elway can help the Broncos turn this mess around - I certainly am not going to make any kind of a judgement now. It will be a wait and see situation, and this MESS can not be turned around in 5 minutes.

PAINTERDAVE

Actually .... Elway said if the Broncos are in a position to get Luck..
they would have a decison to make.

It was a straightforward, honest analysis of what lies before the team.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I wonder if this is just a game Jags plays with the boards to get people wound up because he always knows the right buttons to push!!

idk... is he 5 years old?

Nomad
12-26-2010, 03:58 PM
idk... is he 5 years old?

:lol:I don't know either!!

spikerman
12-26-2010, 03:59 PM
The thing is that I'm also not sure Elway is qualified to make personnel decisions. If Jags had not resorted to having to run Elway down to make his point his thread might have generated some honest football discussion on the merits of his argument. My guess is that Jags didn't follow football prior to TT going to UF so that's all he knows. He obviously cares nothing about the Broncos or Broncos' history and that's fine, but coming in with those types of inflammatory statements are only going to cause the board to turn on him.

PAINTERDAVE
12-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Fail.

I am far from a Tebow hater.

You , sir, are a blind fool.
I doubt a guy like Tebow would think much of your comments...

In actuality...
Tim Tebow would probably be embarrassed to have you as a fan.

Your petty, small minded angry comments about John Elway
are so far beneath the kind of person Tebow is...

go look in the mirror, dude, and ask yourself...
how did I become such an ass?

Popping this to make sure it does not get lost...
READ THIS JAG!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Agreed. I'm not convinced that Elway is qualified for an exec job, this stuff that's being posted in this thread is just ridiculous. Shanahan gave Elway the boot? :confused:

John owned the Colorado Crush - I would believe being an owner would more than quality him to hold an exec job - he was a "hands on" owner.

Tned
12-26-2010, 04:08 PM
John owned the Colorado Crush - I would believe being an owner would more than quality him to hold an exec job - he was a "hands on" owner.

Brady Croyle is 'qualified' to be an NFL QB, having been on in college, but that doesn't make him a good choice or one that can be a winning QB in this league.

So, if we want to argue semantics, I will change it from not being convinced he is qualified, to not being convinced he is a good choice to bring the Broncos back to winning ways.

I'm not anti-Elway by any means, and think at minimum the Broncos should do it to create fan excitement, but the fact is that other than our love for Elway, there is no reason to believe he is a good choice.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Brady Croyle is 'qualified' to be an NFL QB, having been on in college, but that doesn't make him a good choice or one that can be a winning QB in this league.

So, if we want to argue semantics, I will change it from not being convinced he is qualified, to not being convinced he is a good choice to bring the Broncos back to winning ways.

I'm not anti-Elway by any means, and think at minimum the Broncos should do it to create fan excitement, but the fact is that other than our love for Elway, there is no reason to believe he is a good choice.

Guess time will tell

Tned
12-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Guess time will tell

Yep. I'm all for it. I am just not one of the people assuming he is the answer.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Yep. I'm all for it. I am just not one of the people assuming he is the answer.

Agreed. Elway wont be the answer, but I'm hoping he can help us find the answer.

Tned
12-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Agreed. Elway wont be the answer, but I'm hoping he can help us find the answer.

Complete agreement.

I Eat Staples
12-26-2010, 04:34 PM
I hope that Elway does indeed know his limitations. I want Elway as a part of this organization, but not making personnel decisions.

We've been set back years because of an idiot that didn't know his limitations.

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 04:49 PM
It has to do with Tebow, because Jag's is mad becuase Elway said the Broncos shouldn't pass on Luck (or something close to that) if they had the #1 pick.

I'm not a Tebow hater by any means and I actually believe in the kid. But I sort of agree with Elways comments regarding the subject. I mean if we could get a 2nd and maybe a player for Tebow but end up with a FQB with Luck then I would think we would consider it. It's very rare to have a guy like Bradford, Matt Ryan or Luck available on draft day. With a rookie cap it would also make sense. Luck is a pure pocket passer with a side of atheticism, much more polished than Tebow will ever be.

I would glady us sacrifice another year just to dominate in the future.

Tned
12-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm not a Tebow hater by any means and I actually believe in the kid. But I sort of agree with Elways comments regarding the subject. I mean if we could get a 2nd and maybe a player for Tebow but end up with a FQB with Luck then I would think we would consider it. It's very rare to have a guy like Bradford, Matt Ryan or Luck available on draft day. With a rookie cap it would also make sense. Luck is a pure pocket passer with a side of atheticism, much more polished than Tebow will ever be.

I would glady us sacrifice another year just to dominate in the future.

Agreed. While I'm excited about Tebow's potential, it is still a very big ?. It's not like we have one of those guys or Cutler, who is already FQB material.

I Eat Staples
12-26-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think we should draft Luck, but anyone who thinks Tebow is a better NFL prospect is beyond delusional.

JDL
12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Beside play?

I mean what has he ever said that you could consider being critical cutting edge analysis? All I ever hear this guy say is the obvios, the proverbial yes man for the franchise, never seems to go out on a limb, except when he invests his money that is. DOH~!!

What did Bowlen ever do? That is most likely Elway's new role. Top Executive, part owner - top decision-maker on football operations (selects GM and coach.)

It insulates him from fan criticism as long as he isn't cheap and doesn't hire someone and tolerate someone like a Matt Millen or losing. Fans will give him a long leash. Elway is no idiot, he actually earned his business degree at Stanford (one of the top schools in the country), he turned his football fame into a 100mil car dealership sale and took what was albeit an Arena Football team and got them a championship... on top of coming from a top football family (his father was extremely well-respected football coach), the guy isn't your typical idiot player turned football guy... he has pedigree and intelligence... plus is an extremely well-respected leader. He has the ingredients to be great in the business... doesn't mean he will be, lot's of people fail, but this isn't freaking Dan Marino.

Northman
12-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Coming from the guy who constantly flogs Tebow this is pretty funny.

scott.475
12-26-2010, 06:40 PM
The original question is what John has done as an analyst. Well, nothing, he has never been an analyst has he? What makes him so rare among former greats is that he DID NOT become an analyst, because unlike Marino, Esiasion, that idiot Simms, Sharpe, and on and on, John actually has the ability to do things other than football and succeed at them. No doubt he used his name to do this, but he by no means just sat back and expected off the field success to come to him just because of his name and nothing else.

Jags, are you a hypersensitive woman? You act as if the lack of an actual, spoken affirmation is an actual spoken insult to Tebow. Seeing or hearing things that are not actually there is not a sign of a healthy mind, you can't go around in life thinking that the simple fact people fail to compliment you means they are insulting you.

So he said they would need to take a look at Luck, big deal. I am a Tebow fan, I want him to succeed, but I think MOST teams would at least look at Luck, just like your favorite, and hugely successful coach, looked at trading for Cassell. Of course, when your man McD actually looks at someone it is good, when Elway might hypothetically look at someone, he is an idiot.

Also, if you knew anything about the history of the Broncos and Elway, you would know the love Elway has for this organization and for Pat. He will be in this for the purpose of making our team better, not for boosting his ego. Also if you knew anything about him, you would know he has wanted to do something like this for some time, and the timing finally seems to be right. If you were a true fan of the Broncos, you might know that Elway is trusted by the fans, which is what we need. Even if he ends up being nothing more than the public representative of Pat and his wishes, it will be a comfort to the fans and infinitely more trustworthy than that self serving Joe Ellis.

I'm not even upset at your explicit insults toward the greatest Bronco of all time, because the ONLY thing you even got close to right in this thread is that being a great player does not mean he will be a great exec. I'm a little anxious about it myself, but not one other thing you wrote in this thread is even close to rational or reasoned.

Jagsbch
12-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Hypersensitive? When that Jackass starts playing up taking a QB in the draft HYPERSENSITIVE IS NOT EVEN THE WORD FOR IT.

Elway has gone a long way to lack class or any sense autonomy as far as possessing any analytical skills whatsoever with his take regarding the team actually needing to entertain the notion of taking another QB in the first round of the draft in consecutive seasons. What an idiot.

sneakers
12-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I sense great black hole potential for this thread.

camdisco24
12-26-2010, 07:14 PM
I sense great black hole potential for this thread.

Me too... said it a few pages back, can't believe its still here!

Tned
12-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Hypersensitive? When that Jackass starts playing up taking a QB in the draft HYPERSENSITIVE IS NOT EVEN THE WORD FOR IT.

Elway has gone a long way to lack class or any sense autonomy as far as possessing any analytical skills whatsoever with his take regarding the team actually needing to entertain the notion of taking another QB in the first round of the draft in consecutive seasons. What an idiot.

Did you actually listen to the interview in question? You are looking like a real fool right here, you might want to do some research before making nonsensical posts.

girler
12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Wow. :yawn:

Timmy!
12-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Why, exactly, is this in Broncos Talk still? Really? Really??

NittanyBuff24
12-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Who is this fing idiot questioning the greatest qb of all time?

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Who is this fing idiot questioning the greatest qb of all time?

someone who doesnt know bronco history or even cares to. i'm just a post or two away from putting the guy on ignore....something i've never done but clearly he is mocking one of the biggest legends in history yet says he is a fan.

actually elway would be smart to consider ALL options on draft day. not saying he will make the final decision but he will be highly involved is what i suspect and looks like he is trying to get an early start on the offseason homework.

i think elway is more than qualified to be involved here. he is preparing the way for ownership and i can see no one else with as much passion for the broncos than him as an owner. heck, i can even see him taking alot of time with tim now that he will be here.

GEM
12-26-2010, 09:38 PM

Shanahan didn't boot Elway, he retired. That jackass is the best QB the Broncos ever had and will probably ever have. Get a grip. You make all the Tebow guys and gals look bad. Do them a favor, keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

GEM
12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I guess I was dumb when I called out Orton as well, when everyone and their brother wrote me me off. What a bunch of homers

Pot, please say hello to kettle.

GEM
12-26-2010, 09:42 PM

Get the hell out of here with this bullshit.

GEM
12-26-2010, 09:45 PM

I am an absolute Tebow lover, love what he does on the field...but the shit you spew is still utter bullshit. So don't get confused with how Broncos fans feel. You don't have to be a Tebow hater to see all your shit as being utterly ridiculous.

Northman
12-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Gem pretty much nailed it. Kudos.

BeefStew25
12-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Very unbecoming of a judgmental mod.

GEM
12-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Very unbecoming of a judgmental mod.

I guess I should have brought gay porn into the conversation, then it would have been more acceptable on your part. :rolleyes:

DenBronx
12-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Gem pretty much nailed it. Kudos.

yep, said just about everything i wanted to.

BeefStew25
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I guess I should have brought gay porn into the conversation, then it would have been more acceptable on your part. :rolleyes:

Let's get on topic.

KCL
12-26-2010, 10:18 PM

Why the heck would you be critical or question what Elway says or thinks? Do you not value his opinion...do you not want the Broncos to do well? Oh I forgot you're a TT fan and know nothing if anything about Elway.

Jags...I watched Elway play for many years..if you're not happy that he would be part of the Broncos organization maybe it would be best suited for you to start a TT fan club? Oh wait...I'm sure you already have.

KCL
12-26-2010, 10:19 PM

WTF? You're such a troll...:rolleyes:

KCL
12-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Nope, he's just got his feelings hurt because he thinks that Elway disrespected his idol Tebow by saying that you can't pass on Luck in the draft.

The man crush on Tebow is getting creepier with every post he makes...:eek:

KCL
12-26-2010, 10:24 PM

I'm not even a Bronco fan here but Tned can I be mod for a day and hit the ban button on this joker....:D

scott.475
12-26-2010, 10:25 PM
We are all witnessing a total and complete disconnect from reality. Jags and robert ethan must be related.

BeefStew25
12-26-2010, 10:27 PM
We are all witnessing a total and complete disconnect from reality. Jags and robert ethan must be related.

The voice of the persecuted must be protected.

KCL
12-26-2010, 10:29 PM

I second that...:salute:

KCL
12-26-2010, 10:32 PM

You just had to go and bring up Croyle....:tsk: :lol:

frauschieze
12-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Dear Jags,

A little, badly needed, Draft 101 lesson for you (don't feel bad that you need this; our former coach was in need of this lesson as well):

When speaking to the media about possible scenarios the team you represent may face in the upcoming draft, it is to your, and your team's advantage to be vague. The less information other teams have about your draft board and internally evaluated needs, the better. This is beneficial to potential trades, both of players and draft picks, and both on and before draft day.

It is standard for many talking heads representing teams to say things which do not remotely give any sort of definitive suggestion of what they think of specific players or even groups of players. A former Broncos coach took this to a higher level: He never even brought in his future first round picks for evaluation, instead relying on his scouts and friendships with other teams to get the intel he needed.

So, in review, the less definitively said about drafting strategy and positions on specific players, the better.

Now, let's review Mr. Elway's comments, shall we?

Effectively, Elway said exactly nothing about the Broncos situation with Tebow and the possibility of drafting Luck. All he said was if we were in position, it would be a decision. A picture perfect response which reveals no clue about the future of the QB position in Denver. Elway is only playing the draft game, and well, I might add.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

zbeg
12-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Why the heck would you be critical or question what Elway says or thinks? Do you not value his opinion...do you not want the Broncos to do well? Oh I forgot you're a TT fan and know nothing if anything about Elway.

Jags...I watched Elway play for many years..if you're not happy that he would be part of the Broncos organization maybe it would be best suited for you to start a TT fan club? Oh wait...I'm sure you already have.

Elway was a beast on the field - there's no questioning that. But there isn't much correlation between being ridiculous on the field and being ridiculous off it. We just don't know what kind of decisions Elway would make if he had a front office position. We can try to get some insight on his processes based on what he did with the Crush, but the Arena League doesn't present anything close to the same degree of difficulty as the NFL.

In a vacuum, I'm actually more skeptical of the guy who was successful because of physical talent. Elway was extremely physically talented, and he was able to do things with that arm that few have been able to do before or since. Yes, there are other factors like leadership and ability to read defenses, but I don't know how well that translates to the management field.

On the other hand, someone who didn't have as much talent and had to get by with learning the ins and outs of the game and maximizing what talent they did have - that person seems to be a better fit for the front office.

If success at their respective sport was a strong indicator of success as a front office person, then Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan would have done much much better.

I have no idea if Elway would be good or bad in the front office, but it's certainly reasonable to be skeptical of what he can do, or to not auto-accept that his excellence would continue in all aspects when there's really no reason to think that. His excellence on the field is inarguable, but I don't really see the connection between on-field excellence and off-field excellence.

What I do know that is that I would be quite upset if the Broncos somehow were in a position to draft Andrew Luck and then pulled the trigger (obviously much less likely now that the Panthers have clinched the #1 overall pick). I don't care if it was recommended by John Elway, the ghost of Bill Walsh, Andrew Luck's parents, or the corpse of Al Davis trying to sabotage the team. Taking Luck over a defensive player makes no sense, even if John Elway himself suggested doing so. And I don't see why It's Such A Bad Thing to question Elway's ability to be a top-notch front office man.

In other words, if there's little or no correlation between off-field and on-field success, and all we know about Elway is about his on-field success, then why should we take for granted that he would have off-field success - when it's based on something we know doesn't correlate?

(Again, thankfully the point is moot since Luck won't be around at #2 barring a bizarre draft switcharoo like the Mario Williams/Reggie Bush draft surprise a few years ago.)

Kapaibro
12-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh my.

That was a fun way to kill a few minutes.

Some of the best BS ever written on this board EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jags, you do realise that insulting Elway in this fashion, on a BRONCOS board is the interweb equivalent of burning the US flag in front of a battalion of marines, whilst armed with only a handful of wet spaghetti?

That's right mate, your comments are about as much use as nipples on a man.

sneakers
12-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Oh my.

That was a fun way to kill a few minutes.

Some of the best BS ever written on this board EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jags, you do realise that insulting Elway in this fashion, on a BRONCOS board is the interweb equivalent of burning the US flag in front of a battalion of marines, whilst armed with only a handful of wet spaghetti?

That's right mate, your comments are about as much use as nipples on a man.

I think there is a turkey in your avatar Kap.....

MileHighCrew
12-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Why would anyone not give Elway the benefit of doubt? In John we trust!!!!

Dzone
12-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Is Elway putting his legacy on the line? If Elway fails in this endeavor, will his legacy be a little bit tainted? There will be a lot of pressure put on him to turn the franchise around. I think he will rise to the occasion and do a great job, but nothing is guaranteed in the NFL

TXBRONC
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
AND, you left out the last part of what John said -

http://www.877theticket.com/page/59/The_John_Elway_Show

That's just common sense. If Andrew Luck is there when we pick you can't just blow it off.

Nomad
12-28-2010, 10:29 AM
That's just common sense. If Andrew Luck is there when we pick you can't just blow it off.

What's common sense??

TXBRONC
12-28-2010, 10:38 AM
What's common sense??

It's common sense that if Andrew Luck is available when Denver is on the clock you can't just blow it off.

BroncoJoe
12-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Seriously. How is this garbage still in "Broncos Talk"? I understand the main question, but the content is black-hole worthy.

I Eat Staples
12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Is Elway putting his legacy on the line? If Elway fails in this endeavor, will his legacy be a little bit tainted? There will be a lot of pressure put on him to turn the franchise around. I think he will rise to the occasion and do a great job, but nothing is guaranteed in the NFL

No way, Michael Jordan's legacy isn't tainted despite failing miserably as a GM/owner.

I love the idea of Elway being a big part of this organization but I wish we would have hired a new GM and still let Xanders only handle contracts. Xanders hasn't shown he's qualified to evaluate talent so unless Elway can, we're probably screwed for a few more years.