PDA

View Full Version : Paige: Filipinos, Floridians follow Tim Tebow star

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Christmas morning, the 50 orphans at Uncle Dick's Home on the island of Mindanao, in the southern Philippines, will arise and open their gifts from Santa Claus and Kuya.

At the same moment, this afternoon on Christmas Eve in Denver, 7,600 miles away, Kuya will be preparing for Sunday's football game.

Kuya is the Broncos' starting quarterback, his nickname the Tagalog word for "big brother."

Tim Tebow has fans around the globe on Christmas.

full article - a good one - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_16934009

silkamilkamonico
12-24-2010, 05:10 PM
I think Florida is just starved and hoping for some kind of football savior. The dynasty in Gainesville is over especially with Meyer stepping down and Saban at Alabama, and Jacksonville/Miami both suck.

These people aren't even Denver fans, even the ones on the board. They are straight up Tebow fans only.

Jake Klug
12-24-2010, 05:42 PM
I think Florida is just starved and hoping for some kind of football savior. The dynasty in Gainesville is over especially with Meyer stepping down and Saban at Alabama, and Jacksonville/Miami both suck.

These people aren't even Denver fans, even the ones on the board. They are straight up Tebow fans only.

There are thousands of people who became Broncos fans because of Elway. If Tim has a long and successful career as a Bronco, this would be no different.

silkamilkamonico
12-24-2010, 05:46 PM
There are thousands of people who became Broncos fans because of Elway. If Tim has a long and successful career as a Bronco, this would be no different.

I'm one of those people. I put my time in. Tebow fans as of yet have not. I have no for/or against, feeling for them following Tebow.

Jake Klug
12-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm one of those people. I put my time in. Tebow fans as of yet have not. I have no for/or against, feeling for them following Tebow.

OK, so you of all people shouldnt be calling them out for not starting out as Broncos fans.

silkamilkamonico
12-24-2010, 05:57 PM
OK, so you of all people shouldnt be calling them out for not starting out as Broncos fans.

Hardly calling them out. We all have to start somewhere.

Jake Klug
12-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Hardly calling them out. We all have to start somewhere.

Exactly, so there's little cause for assuming they wont remain fans provided Tebow has a successful career.

Personally, I hope they all become Broncos fans. I like having more people under the tent.

tripleoption
12-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Just showed that article to my wife who is from the Philippines. Wow, we didn't know Tebow was born there.

nflfan
12-25-2010, 02:21 AM
Tebow and his family have been doing mission work in the Philippines since before he even played for Florida, and he doesn't make an effort to make it known to the public.

I hope he has a long, successful, and major-injury-free career in the NFL.