PDA

View Full Version : Elway: Role with Broncos still being defined

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2010, 01:39 PM
As this Broncos' season draaaaaaaggggs to its conclusion, the team continues to move towards hiring John Elway as a front-office executive.

"We're still talking and trying to figure out what that role would be and how it looks and what the landscape is," Elway said during his radio appearance Friday morning on 87.7 FM The Ticket. "Obviously, they're still busy with the football season and trying to get through the end of this year. Let me say this, the talks are still continuing and I'm still hopeful that something will get worked out."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16937541

dogfish
12-24-2010, 01:42 PM
if his new role doesn't include holding joe ellis's leash, it's pointless. . .

Superchop 7
12-24-2010, 02:47 PM
If he isn't above Ellis in Rank........I will lose it.

Tned
12-24-2010, 02:50 PM
If he isn't above Ellis in Rank........I will lose it.

Prepare to lose it. I don't think there is any way they would put Elway in between Ellis and Bowlen on the org chart. Now, there is probably an outside chance that Ellis gets fired, but I just don't see any chance that Ellis reports to Elway.

Slick
12-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Whatever they're smoking in Dove Valley, I want some. God what a nightmare.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Prepare to lose it. I don't think there is any way they would put Elway in between Ellis and Bowlen on the org chart. Now, there is probably an outside chance that Ellis gets fired, but I just don't see any chance that Ellis reports to Elway.

I did hear that there was talk that John would be a buffer between Bowlen and Ellis - not sure if it was on Vic/Gary on the ticket, or one of them on the sports on cbs4. Maybe that was just one of their ideas of what should happen.

Superchop 7
12-24-2010, 03:20 PM
His job is useless if he has to answer to a suit. (bean counter, non football moron)

Superchop 7
12-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Vice President of Football Operations should be the title.

Keep Xanders GM to write the contracts.

Johns input should be mostly silent to the public, but LOUD within the walls of Dove Valley.

Whereas we have all thought at times that Pat should step in......John would.

BORDERLINE
12-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Elway should be the voice of reason....

the person that says we want to trade a 1st round pick for a second round pick, Elway should be saying are you outta your mind.

when they would trade a power rusher like hillis for a 3rd string q.b...Elway would say are you f'n kiddin me....

That's the kind of person I want in Dove Valley...

High Football I.Q that uses common sence it's been missing in Denver for a while

claymore
12-24-2010, 03:41 PM

Why do you say that? I dont see Elway reporting to anyone but Bowlen.

Tned
12-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Why do you say that? I dont see Elway reporting to anyone but Bowlen.

I guess we'll see. I figure Elway would report to Ellis, if Ellis is still there. However, all of us are just guessing at this point.

claymore
12-24-2010, 04:22 PM
I guess we'll see. I figure Elway would report to Ellis, if Ellis is still there. However, all of us are just guessing at this point.

Correct, its all a guess. Elway is the Golden boy of Colorado, and Bowlen probably loves and respects few people more than Elway. I just dont see Bowlen respecting Ellis's opinion more than Elway.

In my heart of hearts I think Bowlen is grooming him for ownership.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2010, 04:24 PM
I have posted this before, and I believe it was in a DP article - that Bowlen's kids what Bowlen to get rid of Ellis - of course, right now, we do not know if that is true.

Tned
12-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I have posted this before, and I believe it was in a DP article - that Bowlen's kids what Bowlen to get rid of Elway - of course, right now, we do not know if that is true.

Elway or Ellis?

Tned
12-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Correct, its all a guess. Elway is the Golden boy of Colorado, and Bowlen probably loves and respects few people more than Elway. I just dont see Bowlen respecting Ellis's opinion more than Elway.

On the ownership, I'm not even sure if it's possible with Kaiser still having the first right of refusal (I belive that's still in play).

On Bowlen respecting Elway's opinion more than Elli's, who knows. I'm as big an Elway fan as the next guy, but it's still a VERY big question mark if he is capable of running the football operations of an NFL team. We know he was supposed to be hands on with their (Bowlen, Elway and ???) Arena team, but it's still a big question mark.

Jake Klug
12-24-2010, 04:52 PM
On the ownership, I'm not even sure if it's possible with Kaiser still having the first right of refusal (I belive that's still in play).

On Bowlen respecting Elway's opinion more than Elli's, who knows. I'm as big an Elway fan as the next guy, but it's still a VERY big question mark if he is capable of running the football operations of an NFL team. We know he was supposed to be hands on with their (Bowlen, Elway and ???) Arena team, but it's still a big question mark.

Does that court ruling supercede the rite of inheretence? If Bowlen transfers ownership to his children, does the court ruling apply to them? Also, if Bowlen wills his shares to Elway, does the court ruling supercede that?

dogfish
12-24-2010, 04:57 PM

being the golden boy don't mean shit when ellis holds the keys to the liquor cabinet. . .

Tned
12-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Does that court ruling supercede the rite of inheretence? If Bowlen transfers ownership to his children, does the court ruling apply to them? Also, if Bowlen wills his shares to Elway, does the court ruling supercede that?

No idea on willing it to Elway, but I believe at least part of the lawsuit was related to Bowlen splitting up his ownership among family members. I believe Kaiser was claiming that both the offer to let Elway buy 10%, as well as giving shares to family members, broke the contract, but that he lost on both of those counts.

That said, I didn't follow the case and appeal closely, and am just going by memory.

claymore
12-24-2010, 05:11 PM
I have posted this before, and I believe it was in a DP article - that Bowlen's kids what Bowlen to get rid of Elway - of course, right now, we do not know if that is true.

Elway or Ellis?
I read Ellis was the one they wanted to get rid of...

Kaiser cant live forever. He was old 30 years ago..

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Elway or Ellis?

OOPS - I meant Ellis - thanks, I edited my post

dogfish
12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
OOPS - I meant Ellis - thanks, I edited my post

carol, i've put together a little chart to help avoid further confusion. . .

elway = good

ellis = bad

hope that helps. . . . :D

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2010, 05:45 PM
carol, i've put together a little chart to help avoid further confusion. . .

elway = good

ellis = bad

hope that helps. . . . :D

Thanks dog - but definitely would not help when I am making pumpkin pies and stopping to post at the same time :eek: