PDA

View Full Version : D.Hall Speaks on Champ and Bly

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Moving forward, Hall said he's happy to be in Oakland and paired with Nnamdi Asomugha, one of two cornerbacks he says might be better than him. He begrudgingly conceded that Denver's Champ Bailey is No. 1. Hall also dropped the gauntlet on Denver corners Dre Bly and Bailey -- the Raiders open with Denver on Monday night in Oakland -- claiming he and Asomugha are the best tandem in the league. Hall also said the battle for individual cornerback supremacy in '08 begins in Week 1, and he plans to be the winner by the end of season.

claymore
09-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Moving forward, Hall said he's happy to be in Oakland and paired with Nnamdi Asomugha, one of two cornerbacks he says might be better than him. He begrudgingly conceded that Denver's Champ Bailey is No. 1. Hall also dropped the gauntlet on Denver corners Dre Bly and Bailey -- the Raiders open with Denver on Monday night in Oakland -- claiming he and Asomugha are the best tandem in the league. Hall also said the battle for individual cornerback supremacy in '08 begins in Week 1, and he plans to be the winner by the end of season.
He might be right, we will see monday. They (Asomugha, and Hall) are lucky Marshall isnt playing.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Psh.. I hope he eats his words come Monday.. damnit I wish B. Marsh was playin!

ikillz0mbies
09-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Hall can say what he wants. He can say he's the best cornerback in the league. But he's playing for the Raiders. I think the cons out weigh the pros there......

WARHORSE
09-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Best tandem lip flappers. And Asomugha doesnt talk much to my knowledge........its all Hot Air Hall.:tsk:

Northman
09-06-2008, 05:21 PM
There's a lot more to being a great player than just skills. Hall maybe be good, but as we saw last year when things got tough Hall became a distraction which didnt help his team at all. He has no leadership qualities like Champ does. And even though the Broncos have struggled the last couple of years you dont see Champ crying and whining on the sideline and talking trash to the media about his coach or teammates. Trust me when i say this, if Oakland struggles to get wins this year Hall will have another tantrum in some sort of way.

NameUsedBefore
09-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Hall has made these claims before. He has never come close to his own expectations.

Magnificent Seven
09-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Talk is too cheap. Can he handle the AFC teams? He played all NFC games. Story will be different.

honz
09-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Nhamdi is the real deal, but to be honest I have never seen much of Hall. I don't know if he is any good at all, but I do know that he sounds like an idiot just from what he has said/done in the past year or so when he was with the Falcons.

ikillz0mbies
09-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Well Hall is a two-time pro-bowler if I'm not mistaken....but again...playing for the Raiders, it doesn't mean much anymore.

UnderArmour
09-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Hall can say what he wants. He can say he's the best cornerback in the league. But he's playing for the Raiders. I think the cons out weigh the pros there......

Love the pun.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Playing for the Falcons was bad enough.. but going to the Radiers.. can't get any trashier.

broncobryce
09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Champ and Dre BETTER look good on Monday! Jamarcus has only started 1 game. And their recieving core doesn't scare anybody. Zach Miller is the only one I am worried about.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Champ has never really let us down I'm sure they will be all fired up.. him and Bly both!

honz
09-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Both Champ and Dre should have a lot to prove after sub par performances last season. Hot damn, I'm so excited for Monday's game!

ikillz0mbies
09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
If there is anything the Broncos have to worry about, its Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard....they are beasts....I was really saddened by Champ's decrease in INT numbers. I'm hoping the change to Slowik helps get those picks and return them for points!

hamrob
09-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm hoping Champ is back to the 2006 version of himself. As for Bly...he needs to step up. He's lucky to have Champ on the other side...so teams will be going after him and he will most likely get help from the Safety alot of the time. Bly really should be making 7-8 picks this year for sure!

The Raiders are talented in the secondary and they'll be playing in their backyard...but Cutler is special!

CrazyHorse
09-07-2008, 07:27 AM
I'd say Philadelphia has the best tandem with Denver and GB close behind.

WARHORSE
09-07-2008, 08:27 AM
I'd say Philadelphia has the best tandem with Denver and GB close behind.

Are you gay?

Lol.........

GB.........no.

Philly...........we'll see.:coffee:

lex
09-07-2008, 08:46 AM
If Oakland cant stop the run, it wont even matter that much.

CoachChaz
09-07-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll give Denver the slight edge on having the best cornerback tandem with Oakland having a chance to be better. But the Raiders already have a better overall secondary.

broncobryce
09-07-2008, 10:39 AM
I'll give Denver the slight edge on having the best cornerback tandem with Oakland having a chance to be better. But the Raiders already have a better overall secondary.

definetely, for now. I just hope Josh Barret pans out. He is as big as Atwater.:defense:

Poet
09-07-2008, 10:56 AM
They are the better tandem.

Champ Bailey is better than either of them.

Retired_Member_001
09-07-2008, 03:21 PM
If the Raiders throw for more than 150 yards on us, I will be extremely dissapointed. They are horrible at pass blocking, their quarterback has only started one game and their wide receivers are abismal.

slim
09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Talk is cheap.

nevcraw
09-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Our CB's will be all world if we can just generated a freaking pass rush..

weazel
09-08-2008, 01:44 AM
why you guys getting upset, I think they are a better pair than Bly and Champ. I know Champ is the best, by far, but I dont have much faith in Bly. Bly just reminds me of Deltha Oneal, he would rather give up a big play trying for a pick than to knock down a pass.

Crush05
09-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Let's see what Hall has to say after getting burned by a rookie all night long!

IMO Royal is going to school him!!:salute:

rcsodak
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Psh.. I hope he eats his words come Monday.. damnit I wish B. Marsh was playin!

Well, if their Dline puts pressure on Jay and gets him riled or rushed, they could very well have better statistics.

It's all on the front line.

Crush05
09-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Well, if their Dline puts pressure on Jay and gets him riled or rushed, they could very well have better statistics.

It's all on the front line.

Jay does not get riled, razzeled!! He has shown he can and will saty calm cool and collective!!!!!!! O-line held up just fine in the preseason and they will do so even more now!!:salute:

Denver27og
09-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Champ has never really let us down I'm sure they will be all fired up.. him and Bly both!

the only times champ has ever let me down is when TO burned him on like a 90 yard screen pass when he was with the eagles... chad johnson burned him bad on monday night football and when jerry porter toasted him for 3 tds in the dreaded snow game we loast at home a few years back.. besides that.. hes been the MAN!! and i knos hes not going to let javon do anything tonight... or lelie

Denver27og
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
why you guys getting upset, I think they are a better pair than Bly and Champ. I know Champ is the best, by far, but I dont have much faith in Bly. Bly just reminds me of Deltha Oneal, he would rather give up a big play trying for a pick than to knock down a pass.

i wish we went for charles woodson instead of bly... but im for sure champ and dre will both step it up this year

denbroncofan26
09-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I thought this was worth a bump after eddie royal made hall look absolutley silly tonight. D Jackson also broke the tackle of Asomugha for his fifty yrd touchdown. Hall sure had to eat his own words on this one

ikillz0mbies
09-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Well the Raiders did show that they have the best CB tandem in tonight's game. The best CB duo that can't make a tackle.

Watchthemiddle
09-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Royal made Hall look like a 8 year old school girl

weazel
09-09-2008, 12:45 AM
it's the raiders, it looks like the players hate Kiffen as much as crypt keeper Al does

Crush05
09-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Hmmm what did I say earlier? And nobody ever gives me props!!!:confused: It's all good we won and that is all that matters!!!

Orange Habit
09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Great thread, Sarah.

omac
09-09-2008, 12:55 AM
I still think their CB duo is pretty good, but they couldn't get any pressure on Cutler most of the game. This OL is looking real good. :cool:

LoyalSoldier
09-09-2008, 01:05 AM
It would be one thing if he backed it up like Chad Johnson does, but any time Hall has talked trash about a WR he has been completely torched.

Chad Johnson 4 TDs
Terrel Owens 4 TD
Eddie Royal 130+ yards.

Devilspawn
09-09-2008, 01:09 AM
I didn't post in here for a reason. I smelled Philip Buchanon but didn't want to believe it.

Asomugha, I still think he's #2 behind Champ, he MAY be moving up as Champ gets older but that has to be proven. As for Hall... we should've kept Charles Woodson. What a mooch. Aso seems like the corner that will give up the occasional play, but even without a pass rush, he's shutdown. And what's best about him... HE LETS HIS PLAY DO THE TALKING!

LoyalSoldier
09-09-2008, 01:30 AM
I didn't post in here for a reason. I smelled Philip Buchanon but didn't want to believe it.

Asomugha, I still think he's #2 behind Champ, he MAY be moving up as Champ gets older but that has to be proven. As for Hall... we should've kept Charles Woodson. What a mooch. Aso seems like the corner that will give up the occasional play, but even without a pass rush, he's shutdown. And what's best about him... HE LETS HIS PLAY DO THE TALKING!
Asomugha is indeed a fine corner. I feel sorry for him that he has to play across from a loud mouth like Hall.

weazel
09-09-2008, 01:33 AM

Hall looked a step (or two) slow tonight. I dont think the field conditions helped either. There were chunks of turf laying all over the ground by the 2nd quarter. Hall slipped alot! The Raiders never really ran any sharp cut routes, they were all streaks and slants. The big pasing plays for the Broncos were all on out and ups and such, where the DB's had to make quick cuts to defend and the turf looked really crappy.

Crush05
09-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Let's see what Hall has to say after getting burned by a rookie all night long!

IMO Royal is going to school him!!:salute:

Wow I knew Royal would be good, but to take Hall all the way back to kindergarden, now that is what you truely call a schooling! Looks like Hall was lost all night long just like he was in kindergarden!!!! You all thought I was crazy!:lol::cool::salute:

Nomad
09-09-2008, 05:44 AM
I was watching ESPN and they finally showed the highlights. Afterwards they showed Cutler in the PGI, and I don't know the question but his response was something like, "It was obvious Royal beat Hall time after time after time." A QB telling it as it is.:lol: I thought this was hilarious after all the talk D.Hall talks. Anxious to see the rematch.

Dreadnought
09-09-2008, 05:57 AM
I've never watched a whole lot of DeAngelo Hall, to be honest. I can say in all honestey he doesn't look all that good...OK, he sucks.

Retired_Member_001
09-09-2008, 06:33 AM
I've never watched a whole lot of DeAngelo Hall, to be honest. I can say in all honestey he doesn't look all that good...OK, he sucks.

I watch a whole lot of Football and Atlanta are one of those teams I never bother watching, but from the few I've seen of him, he's easily the most overrated player in the NFL. I don't get why people say he's any good, he's lazy, he has concentration lapses, he has a bad attitude and most importantly, a half decent receiver could easily beat him for 100 yards.

Dreadnought
09-09-2008, 06:36 AM
I watch a whole lot of Football and Atlanta are one of those teams I never bother watching, but from the few I've seen of him, he's easily the most overrated player in the NFL. I don't get why people say he's any good, he's lazy, he has concentration lapses, he has a bad attitude and most importantly, a half decent receiver could easily beat him for 100 yards.

Well I can name one WR who made MeAngelo look like a total chump in vhis very first NFL game

Retired_Member_001
09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Well I can name one WR who made MeAngelo look like a total chump in vhis very first NFL game

I think Eddie Royal could have done that to most NFL Cornerbacks. He was electric last night.

Tned
09-09-2008, 07:34 AM
I still think their CB duo is pretty good, but they couldn't get any pressure on Cutler most of the game. This OL is looking real good. :cool:

Yes, they are one of the top duos in the leauge, if not the best. What we saw happen to them is what has happened to Denver's secondary for a while now. No matter how good your secondary is, if the D-Line can't get pressure on the QB, WRs will win the battles. The longer the play runs, the more time a WR has to break free.

Rex
09-09-2008, 07:49 AM
D Angelo Hall is currently twisting and turning and writhing around in his bed having nightmares of Eddie Royal.

Crush05
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
:rofl:Did you all se D. Hall crying to Kiffin!!:laugh::lol: