PDA

View Full Version : Why are these forums so dead???

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 03:50 PM
COME ON PEOPLE. Monday Night is coming!!! :salute:

dogfish
09-06-2008, 03:54 PM
yea, but saturday afternoon is here. . . . ;)

(of course, i'm wasting it hiding in the AC because it's stinkin' hot outside-- i can't wait for fall temps)

DenverBronkHoes
09-06-2008, 03:56 PM
cuz alot of the people are here for social interaction cuz their real lives are pretty lame...

(go to the lounge)

Tned
09-06-2008, 03:57 PM
COME ON PEOPLE. Monday Night is coming!!! :salute:

Saturday's are always dead for some reason.

I am so pumped for this game. This has been a LONG offseason. Unlike many, I have had high expectation for the Broncos this season, since early in the offseason, so I am anxious to see if my faith in Shanahan turning things around was founded or not.

DenverBronkHoes
09-06-2008, 03:59 PM
college football just doesnt do it for me....

Although i am eager to watch this Miami/Florida game...

Skinny
09-06-2008, 04:00 PM
This place will be packed come Monday night i imagine. It's gonna be a hoot.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:00 PM
It's freaking rainy and stormy here in GA. I'm not too big on college football or I really don't follow it rather so Saturdays aren't anything special for me. Looking forward to football tomorrow and for sure Monday.

I have high expectations as well for our boys this year.. I have a really good feeling about it. :)

CUTLER 2 MARSHALL! :beer:

Northman
09-06-2008, 04:01 PM
College Football.

Skinny
09-06-2008, 04:02 PM
college football just doesnt do it for me....

Although i am eager to watch this Miami/Florida game...Looking forward to that one too.

Northman
09-06-2008, 04:02 PM

Marshall wont be in that game my dear.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Marshall wont be in that game my dear.

I was simply stating for the whole season.. I'd like to see some CUTLER 2 STOKLEY this game. Or Royal like to see what the man will be able to do for us.

DenverBronkHoes
09-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I was simply stating for the whole season.. I'd like to see some CUTLER 2 STOKLEY this game. Or Royal like to see what the man will be able to do for us.

yea ANUBIS.... she knew what she was sayin.....

leave the cutie pie bronco fan from Georgia alone

Tned
09-06-2008, 04:10 PM
It's freaking rainy and stormy here in GA. I'm not too big on college football or I really don't follow it rather so Saturdays aren't anything special for me. Looking forward to football tomorrow and for sure Monday.

I have high expectations as well for our boys this year.. I have a really good feeling about it. :)

Yea, I can't wait to hear, "and the pass from Cutler to Marshall is .... IN -- COM -- PLETE..."

:lol: Oops, I think I might have that backwards.

Seriously, I think they are going to be a monster team this year. They were great last year, but I think that they will be even tougher to contain this year. If preseason was any idication, we are going to have much better pass protection, which should give our passing game a big boost, and allow us to pass to open up the run game.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Monday just needs to come on already.. its driving me nuts. I work at 245 but hopefully I will be off come game time so I can have a couple beers or a few glasses of wine and enjoy watching them kick some Faider a$$.

DenverBronkHoes
09-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Marshall is already a star.... i EXPECT to hear Cutler to Marshall ALOT....

We do have a budding star..... I predict many great things from this guy this year....

His name is Eddie and he comes from royalty baby!!

Northman
09-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Royal is going to be a difference maker.

DenverBronkHoes
09-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Monday just needs to come on already.. its driving me nuts. I work at 245 but hopefully I will be off come game time so I can have a couple beers or a few glasses of wine and enjoy watching them kick some Faider a$$.

Agreed.......

i gotta sit through a whole days worth of football tomorrow.... then have to wait til 1015 monday to watch my team play......

i hate it.... but i love it... Im going to b so siked up for it... I may lose my voice by the 1st quarter.....

BroncoBJ
09-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm pumped as well. :elefant:
I'm watchin college football now but this is like an apetizer til tommorows games and the Monday game. Sucks we have to wait so long to watch Denver But it will be worth it. :salute:
The more I wait the more nervous I am.
Kinda like when I'm in line forever getting ready to go on a roller coaster ride. The closer I get to the front of the line the more nervous I get :eek:
I'm already losing sleep for this game. But about 53 hours away from Broncos football. :salute:

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Royal is going to be a difference maker.

I agree. Stokley will be fun to watch too.. he killed the Raiders in the slot last season.. but they might actually be smart and learn their lesson and get more coverage on him whenever hes on the field..

Hope not.. Stokley is my sub for Marshall on my fantasy team.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Thought I'd put an updated picture on here. Me sporting my Stokley jersey that I got for Christmas last year on my little brothers bike.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/PeterFan87/Picture244.jpg?t=1220737067

GO BRONCOS!

Northman
09-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Thought I'd put an updated picture on here. Me sporting my Stokley jersey that I got for Christmas last year on my little brothers bike.

GO BRONCOS!

Hmmm, and here i thought it was just going to be you, the bike, and JUST the jersey. :laugh:

jk

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:42 PM
HAHAHA.. nah thats for playboy hunnie!

Tned
09-06-2008, 04:44 PM

GO BRONCOS!

Nice. Need to setup a photo album on here with all your shots :D

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Maybe one of these days. haha

ikillz0mbies
09-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Am I the only one here from Los Angeles? Because since I went out the past few nights sporting a Broncos T-shirt, I've been bombarded with threats. I'm really hoping the Broncos destroy the Raiders, so I can say a big F U to all Raider fans...then run away cause they will probably shank me.

SR
09-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm actually really excited for Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN tomorrow morning. After that's over, I'll probably watch bits and pieces of what ever games are on, but come Monday, I'm sporting my new Jay Cutler jersey with the Captain "C" on it all damn day.

pnbronco
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
yea, but saturday afternoon is here. . . . ;)

(of course, i'm wasting it hiding in the AC because it's stinkin' hot outside-- i can't wait for fall temps)

Dog where home? It was down right cool here in Denver this morning and yesterday I was out all day without my jacket and it was in the 50's...

Anyway Sat is the day to catch up on life, plus my husband is home and I can only sneak so much time on the board, have a feeling I'm not the only one. Monday will be here soon and it's ok for me to be on the board the whole game!!!!

pnbronco
09-06-2008, 05:09 PM

GO BRONCOS!

Very nice SK.

SR got a new Cutler Jersey woo hoo. I got a Schf last year for Christmas. The funny thing was when my husband was buying it at the stadium gift store Schf's mother was behind him and made a comment nice jersey. They had a nice talk and my husband told him what a major fan I was and this was at the top of my list, I think it made her day.....

dogfish
09-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Dog where home? It was down right cool here in Denver this morning and yesterday I was out all day without my jacket and it was in the 50's...

Anyway Sat is the day to catch up on life, plus my husband is home and I can only sneak so much time on the board, have a feeling I'm not the only one. Monday will be here soon and it's ok for me to be on the board the whole game!!!!

home is ohio. . . and honestly, anything over about 75 qualifies as "stinkin' hot" for me-- i'm a wimp, i like the cooler temps. . . :laugh:

sarah, i think you need to post more pics-- that would be a good way to liven this place up!

:shocked:

WARHORSE
09-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Saturday's are always dead for some reason.

I am so pumped for this game. This has been a LONG offseason. Unlike many, I have had high expectation for the Broncos this season, since early in the offseason, so I am anxious to see if my faith in Shanahan turning things around was founded or not.

Probably cause most folks got kids that play sports on saturdays.........:cool:

For me, its four. One college baseball, two high school volleyball, one mutt magnetball soccer.:D

Tned
09-06-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm actually really excited for Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN tomorrow morning. After that's over, I'll probably watch bits and pieces of what ever games are on, but come Monday, I'm sporting my new Jay Cutler jersey with the Captain "C" on it all damn day.

I'm golfing, so I will miss all the Sunday morning football shows (need to remember to set my FFL lineups tomorrow morning before leaving).

I half thought about blowing off the golf, for the opening weekend, but since Denver doesn't play until Monday, most of their coverage will be Sunday night or Monday.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Very nice SK.

SR got a new Cutler Jersey woo hoo. I got a Schf last year for Christmas. The funny thing was when my husband was buying it at the stadium gift store Schf's mother was behind him and made a comment nice jersey. They had a nice talk and my husband told him what a major fan I was and this was at the top of my list, I think it made her day.....

That is awesome! I'm think about getting either a Cutler or Scheff one next.. or Marshall or Champ.. DAMN the choices! haha

WARHORSE
09-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Im going to find a bar where the most Jokeland fans are, and watch the game there. That way, when something good happens for the Broncos, its all quiet sans a few "DaMnits" and "Shlits". THen when you say something, no need to yell.

"Did you see that throw Cutler just made dude? Was that a rocket on the money or what?"

"There oughta be a law against slappin a team upside the head all disrespectful and tasteless like that, huh?"

"Shannys makin Kippin.......er whats his name........Clippin?........Kimpton? OH, KIFFIN.........thats right.............well Shanahan is makin him look a little out of his element, wouldnt ya say?"

"I bet he dont make it to monday."

"Wow. Only Champ coulda intercepted that one, huh? D'You see that un? He was like, five yards off, and then BLAM!, he was headin the other way! Amazing play! AMAZING PLAY. Wouldnt you agree?"

:coffee:SLURP!

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I say go for it. That'd be hilarious!

Nomad
09-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm pumped as well. :elefant:
I'm watchin college football now but this is like an apetizer til tommorows games and the Monday game. Sucks we have to wait so long to watch Denver But it will be worth it. :salute:
The more I wait the more nervous I am.
Kinda like when I'm in line forever getting ready to go on a roller coaster ride. The closer I get to the front of the line the more nervous I get :eek:
I'm already losing sleep for this game. But about 53 hours away from Broncos football. :salute:

My sons had their first game today (I coach D), watching college football, it's rainy and cold outside, but I figure many people are taking advantage of summer while it lasts. It's almost a memory here. I'm excited for Monday's game, hopefully I can stay awake (staying up till midnight and getting up at 4 am will be rough).

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 06:25 PM
OUCH that would be rough.. its been such a crappy day here. Havent been able to do much of anything raining and thundering here and there.

MasterShake
09-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm golfing, so I will miss all the Sunday morning football shows (need to remember to set my FFL lineups tomorrow morning before leaving).

I half thought about blowing off the golf, for the opening weekend, but since Denver doesn't play until Monday, most of their coverage will be Sunday night or Monday.

Oh, c'mon Tned don't golf! Me? I'm gonna make some potato skins and watch the Chargers and Chiefs lose tomorrow, setting the table for us to take 1st place in the division and never look back! Then I'm gonna curl up in the fetal position and drift in and out of consciousness until Broncos kickoff.

NameUsedBefore
09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
There's always a calm before the storm.

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh, c'mon Tned don't golf! Me? I'm gonna make some potato skins and watch the Chargers and Chiefs lose tomorrow, setting the table for us to take 1st place in the division and never look back! Then I'm gonna curl up in the fetal position and drift in and out of consciousness until Broncos kickoff.

Potato skins.. mmmmm.. good idea. :salute:

hamrob
09-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Can't wait until Monday Night! I'm really interested to see how Young and Hall perform and what Shanny has in the works for Hillis!

Too bad BMarsh is out...but we've got alot of Weapons on this team:

Stokely
Royal
Colbert
Jackson
Jackson
Scheff
Graham
Young
Hall
Hillis

I think this team is built perfectly for Monday Night. Cutler will spread the ball around to the RB's, TE's and WR's in the flat and over the middle...then he'll stretch the field with Royal.

This is going to be a good game! Denver 34-17!

footnote: This team is going to average 24 or more points a game this year. I think Cutler throws for 30 TD's and 4,000 yds. I think he starts out on a good note with 2-3 TD passes against the Raiders.

All this talk about the Raiders...are they better than the Cowboys/Packers? yeah, it was only preseason...but 1's against 1's...everyone knows who looked better!

ikillz0mbies
09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I would love to see the Broncos throw in the WR screen to Marshall against the Raiders. That play got them a lot of yardage in multiple games last year. I would love to see the Raiders get burned with it to start off the season.

honz
09-06-2008, 08:49 PM
^^^That's why I have him on like 3 of my fantasy teams...he better not let me down!

honz
09-06-2008, 08:51 PM
I would love to see the Broncos throw in the WR screen to Marshall against the Raiders. That play got them a lot of yardage in multiple games last year. I would love to see the Raiders get burned with it to start off the season.
A sideline screen?:confused:

Marshall is out for this game!:(

dogfish
09-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I would love to see the Broncos throw in the WR screen to Marshall against the Raiders.

so would the rest of us, but marshall's suspended and won't be playing. . .

ikillz0mbies
09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Stupid suspension....

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Very stupid...

We will do fine though. We still got some good hands out there.

pnbronco
09-06-2008, 09:35 PM

:laugh::laugh: Thanks for the laugh. I'm on high protein, low carbs these days, thinking of the potato skins make me want to go in the fetal position..:laugh:.., eat a couple for me MS....

BigDaddyBronco
09-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Somewhere in Arizona, Zam just had a heart attack.

Sorry y'all, Freak joke.

ikillz0mbies
09-06-2008, 10:47 PM

Sorry y'all, Freak joke.

I thought Ernster's bad punts would only cause that?

Dreadnought
09-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I thought Ernster's bad punts would only cause that?

No, lots of stuff would. For example throwing more than 14 passes in a game.

Scarface
09-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Sorry y'all, Freak joke.

I miss the Freak. Has anyone heard from Zam?

SarahKay
09-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I miss the FREAK too! Makes me sad it shut down.

Dreadnought
09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Im going to find a bar where the most Jokeland fans are, and watch the game there. That way, when something good happens for the Broncos, its all quiet sans a few "DaMnits" and "Shlits". THen when you say something, no need to yell.

"Did you see that throw Cutler just made dude? Was that a rocket on the money or what?"

"There oughta be a law against slappin a team upside the head all disrespectful and tasteless like that, huh?"

"Shannys makin Kippin.......er whats his name........Clippin?........Kimpton? OH, KIFFIN.........thats right.............well Shanahan is makin him look a little out of his element, wouldnt ya say?"

"I bet he dont make it to monday."

"Wow. Only Champ coulda intercepted that one, huh? D'You see that un? He was like, five yards off, and then BLAM!, he was headin the other way! Amazing play! AMAZING PLAY. Wouldnt you agree?"

:coffee:SLURP!

LMAO - I own a Broncos banner I won on a bet from a bar owner in Rochester NY. He owned a Raider bar, that I'd never heard of. I was dating his barmaid, but had never been to the bar, and had no idea it was a Raider bar. She asked me to come as her date for a BBQ at the bar, second Raider game of 97. I told her I would go if the Denver game was on - she was Ukrainian, and had no idea, but she found out it would be. I show up in an Ed McCaffery jersey, and see the entire joint filled with mouth breathers in Silver and Black. We whupped their Ass, and I won the pennant. Its on the wall in my office, and I want to be buried with it! :D

LoyalSoldier
09-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Sorry. I was busy getting blown out 66-3. :tsk:

MasterShake
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM

I CALLED IT! Now back to the fetal position.....

ikillz0mbies
09-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I can't be anymore excited for tomorrow. I was working today and I overheard a few customers talking about how McFadden is going to run over the Broncos and how the Broncos have a bunch of no namers, old secondary, yada yada yada. Pretty much got my blood boiling. Broncos better destroy those MFer's in Oakland so I can drop a deuce on a Raiders flag.

Denver27og
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
cuz alot of the people are here for social interaction cuz their real lives are pretty lame...

(go to the lounge)

wassssup HOE!!! still getting high??? blaze one for me before tonights game.. i might evenblae one for old times sake... nothing better than being blazed and watchin the broncos kick booty... i think all our losses last year is what made me quit!!

SarahKay
09-08-2008, 02:12 PM
It's here. I am stoked. I really hope we play well tonight..