PDA

View Full Version : Did Bailey Take a Shot at McD?

spikerman
12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
It's buried in the article, but to me it looks like Bailey throws McD under the bus (like others in the organization have).

Could it be that Denver's defensive woes lie not with its coordinator but its head coach?

"I don't think people understand how much influence the head coach has," Bailey said. "Whether it's a defensive-minded coach or offensive-minded coach, they're definitely putting their two cents in on what's going on with the other side of the ball. At the same time, the coordinator pretty much makes the calls. It's really his defense, but he's not in total control of it."

Read more: Broncos' declining defense full of holes - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16934010#ixzz192ypipJu
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Northman
12-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Dont know if he is throwing him under the bus but would verify what i said about McD stepping on Nolan's feet when he was here leading up to him wanting out. At some point the HC has got to trust his cordinators to do their job. This also is why i hold McD just as guilty as Bowlen and Ellis. They said they gave him too many responsibilities but these are all things that Mcd took on gladfully and the destruction of the team was the end result of his unwillingness to allow others to do their job.

spikerman
12-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Dont know if he is throwing him under the bus but would verify what i said about McD stepping on Nolan's feet when he was here leading up to him wanting out. At some point the HC has got to trust his cordinators to do their job. This also is why i hold McD just as guilty as Bowlen and Ellis. They said they gave him too many responsibilities but these are all things that Mcd took on gladfully and the destruction of the team was the end result of his unwillingness to allow others to do their job.

It's definitely a 180 degree turn for a guy who never has anything bad to say about a coach. Maybe things weren't really all sunshine and rainbows.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2010, 12:28 PM
His comment could be a general comment with what he experienced in Washington, and with the Broncos - both Shanahan and McD - i.e. what he has observed from his 3 HCs.

SR
12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
It's all in how you interpret what he says. You can twist it and turn it how ever you want, but to me, he says what he said and nothing more. Champ isn't the kind of guy to play games with his words.

BroncoNut
12-24-2010, 12:56 PM
yeah, I think it's a pretty objective and intelligent POV expressed. May not be favorable of McD, but not throwing him under the bus either, imo

TXBRONC
12-24-2010, 12:59 PM
It's buried in the article, but to me it looks like Bailey throws McD under the bus (like others in the organization have).

Could it be that Denver's defensive woes lie not with its coordinator but its head coach?

"I don't think people understand how much influence the head coach has," Bailey said. "Whether it's a defensive-minded coach or offensive-minded coach, they're definitely putting their two cents in on what's going on with the other side of the ball. At the same time, the coordinator pretty much makes the calls. It's really his defense, but he's not in total control of it."

Read more: Broncos' declining defense full of holes - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16934010#ixzz192ypipJu
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

That's pretty broad. Bailey could be talking about every head coach he's ever played for.

BroncoNut
12-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Bailey might make a decent HC someday

Superchop 7
12-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Probably had time to ponder while keeping his uniform clean last Sunday.

His mind was clear because he didn't have to worry about run support, he could just stand there and let them run.

Not his job.

Krugan
12-24-2010, 01:51 PM
What was the question leading up to it?

hard to tell the context of that response without knowing the question that prompted the answer.

Dont even see that as smoke without a spark of a question.

dogfish
12-24-2010, 02:38 PM
if you locked bailey and mcdaniels in a room together, i suspect champ would pummel the little weasel into unconsciousness. . .

"where's my nosetackle, bitch?! where's my pass rush??"

BroncoNut
12-24-2010, 05:25 PM
if you locked bailey and mcdaniels in a room together, i suspect champ would pummel the little weasel into unconsciousness. . .

maybe

claymore
12-24-2010, 05:29 PM

I bet if you walked in after 5 minutes bailey would be beatin up McD's anus. Bailey says all the right thingsIm sure he would have his way.

T.K.O.
12-24-2010, 05:40 PM
maybe he was talking about the selection of the next HC ?
would make sense if the question was something like "what direction do you feel the broncos should go with their next head coach,defensive mind or offensive mind ?"

no drama:beer:

rcsodak
12-24-2010, 05:59 PM

EVERY HC, if he has any worth, puts in his .02 worth on O/D/ST. If not, he's just a sideline troller.

Yes, it's up to the coaches/coordinators to implement the gameplan, but it's still a TEAM, and one person heads it...the HC.

You can't tell me Belicik doesn't have a say in the defense, or Turner with the offense.

Champ said nothing that shouldn't already be a well-known fact.

To consider it 'throwing McD under the bus', is wishing/hoping, imo.

spikerman
12-24-2010, 06:05 PM
EVERY HC, if he has any worth, puts in his .02 worth on O/D/ST. If not, he's just a sideline troller.

Yes, it's up to the coaches/coordinators to implement the gameplan, but it's still a TEAM, and one person heads it...the HC.

You can't tell me Belicik doesn't have a say in the defense, or Turner with the offense.

Champ said nothing that shouldn't already be a well-known fact.

To consider it 'throwing McD under the bus', is wishing/hoping, imo.

Since I started the thread I guess I should respond. I'm neither wishing nor hoping that Bailey threw McD under the bus because it doesn't matter. McDaniels is irrelevant at this point except for the long-term damage he caused the franchise. I only posted it because I thought it was interesting and it's about as close to controversial as anything I've ever heard Bailey say. Besides, I thought it was a nice change from the "All Tebow All the Time" threads

rcsodak
12-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Since I started the thread I guess I should respond. I'm neither wishing nor hoping that Bailey threw McD under the bus because it doesn't matter. McDaniels is irrelevant at this point except for the long-term damage he caused the franchise. I only posted it because I thought it was interesting and it's about as close to controversial as anything I've ever heard Bailey say. Besides, I thought it was a nice change from the "All Tebow All the Time" threads

Wasn't aiming anything at you, spikey, as your title was in the way of a question.

Merry Christmas

spikerman
12-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Wasn't aiming anything at you, spikey, as your title was in the way of a question.

Merry Christmas

Apologies if I misread it. Merry Christmas to you too my friend.