PDA

View Full Version : Of the people likely to be cut...

Fan in Exile
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Who has the best chance to be picked up by another team?

My guess is that we have to cut either Andre Hall or Selvin Young. I think that either one of them could easily find a home in Green Bay. It would be the same type of running scheme and GB has a serious depth problem at RB even if Brandon Jackson does turn out to be good.

jhns
08-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I would bet Lang gets picked up somewhere as a backup. He has a lot of experience and is pretty good.

I also agree with you on Young. He showed good vision and burst during the last preseason game. If he continues to show that in the next game, I doubt we would get away with putting him on the practice squad. The only thing that would hold him back is the fact that there are so many good RB's in the league at this point. I'm not sure many teams need his services.

TXBRONC
08-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Who has the best chance to be picked up by another team?

My guess is that we have to cut either Andre Hall or Selvin Young. I think that either one of them could easily find a home in Green Bay. It would be the same type of running scheme and GB has a serious depth problem at RB even if Brandon Jackson does turn out to be good.

Kennard Lang will probably be picked up by someone.

Lonestar
08-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I would bet Lang gets picked up somewhere as a backup. He has a lot of experience and is pretty good.

I also agree with you on Young. He showed good vision and burst during the last preseason game. If he continues to show that in the next game, I doubt we would get away with putting him on the practice squad. The only thing that would hold him back is the fact that there are so many good RB's in the league at this point. I'm not sure many teams need his services.

I think from what i saw of young he will be kept around I think they will try to slide him on PS if he does not make it he will go somewhere they can use him.

Mikey might even keep him active as you can never have enough RB's remembering that henry is not a spring chicken, how many more studbuffalo years does he have in the tank 2-3 just abut when young and Bell would be ready to take over.

TXBRONC
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
I think from what i saw of young he will be kept around I think they will try to slide him on PS if he does not make it he will go somewhere they can use him.

Mikey might even keep him active as you can never have enough RB's remembering that henry is not a spring chicken, how many more studbuffalo years does he have in the tank 2-3 just abut when young and Bell would be ready to take over.

I think Selvin is going to make the final 53.

If Mike Bell should get cut I think he would picked up in hurry as well.

Lonestar
08-29-2007, 01:27 PM

welcome aboard another quality refeugee.

Lonestar
08-29-2007, 01:28 PM
I think Selvin is going to make the final 53.

If Mike Bell should get cut I think he would picked up in hurry as well.

I think they both will make the team, not so sure about sapp unless he goes both ways. (now that is something less that PC)

TXBRONC
08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I think they both will make the team, not so sure about sapp unless he goes both ways. (now that is something less that PC)

I've never ventured to know Sapp that well nor do I want too. :eek:

Sapp has also played well, it would be to surprising to keep four runningbacks. I'm saying we will but with Sapp's versatility he's valuable guy to keep around.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I've never ventured to know Sapp that well nor do I want too. :eek:

Sapp has also played well, it would be to surprising to keep four runningbacks. I'm saying we will but with Sapp's versatility he's valuable guy to keep around.

I could see us keeping 4 RB's. Not saying Henry gets hurt alot, but he had an injury last year and already had one this year. Sapp is a great "utility" player to keep around for Special teams, RB, and FB.

Fan in Exile
08-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I could see us keeping 4 RB's. Not saying Henry gets hurt alot, but he had an injury last year and already had one this year. Sapp is a great "utility" player to keep around for Special teams, RB, and FB.

I think the roster will shake out like this.
RB Henry, Bell, Sapp, Hall or Young

FB Johnson, Sapp, Smith

I think the talent means that we have to cut Hall or Young. We would cut Young if he would be safe on the practice squad. Since I don't think that is a safe bet I think we lose one or the other the GB because they have a serious hole at RB.

TXBRONC
08-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I think the roster will shake out like this.
RB Henry, Bell, Sapp, Hall or Young

FB Johnson, Sapp, Smith

I think the talent means that we have to cut Hall or Young. We would cut Young if he would be safe on the practice squad. Since I don't think that is a safe bet I think we lose one or the other the GB because they have a serious hole at RB.

I thought Smith and Flemming both were given the boot?

Fan in Exile
08-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Paul Smith is still listed on the roster. It was my understanding when he was brought in this summer that he was a great Special teams guy. That's why I left him there even though there are a lot of guys at those two slots.

Retired_Member_001
08-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Apart from Kenard Lang I think any RB we cut would find a home quickly because any of them could be atleast a 3rd string back.