PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Future

cuzz4169
12-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Flame me if you want...Tim Tebow is John Elway or Is closer to Steve McNair...you people who have never watched him till now or believe what others say about him, who have never watched him are so wrong.....this kid is an unbelievable talent....This kid is the next "one" to lose him would kill this franchise...I just don't get why people think he cant throw the ball 9,000+ yards in high school....and 9,285 yards passing in college 88 TD passes....I know I know # mean nothing but if he was just a running QB would his passing # be that high? Pat White 6,051 passing yards 56 TD passes....Micheal Vick 3,279 passing yards 21 TD Passes....Donovan McNabb 8,389 passing yards 77 TD passes....Steve Mcnair 14,496 yards 119 TD passes played at Div I aa school....Daunte Culpepper 11,412 passing yards 84 TD passes.....Steve Young 7,733 passing yards 56 TD passes....John Elway 9,349 passing yards 77 TD passes....that's a list of duel threat QBs in college....I know # mean nothing...I'm a 100% believer Tebow can be the guy for the Broncos. If we trade him It would be the worst trade ever in the history of this organization....He is are Next John Elway...Just sit back and watch......:beer: But who am I? Just another opinionated douchebag who knows nothing!!!??

cuzz4169
12-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Just so you all know, John Elway will have all say so over player personal very soon.

Lonestar
12-23-2010, 03:47 AM
You may be correct.

I hope he is not just the next John but better.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

DenBronx
12-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Just so you all know, John Elway will have all say so over player personal very soon.

So...you guarantee it? Do you know something we don't?

Jake Klug
12-23-2010, 04:51 AM
Flame me if you want...Tim Tebow is John Elway or Is closer to Steve McNair...you people who have never watched him till now or believe what others say about him, who have never watched him are so wrong.....this kid is an unbelievable talent....This kid is the next "one" to lose him would kill this franchise...I just don't get why people think he cant throw the ball 9,000+ yards in high school....and 9,285 yards passing in college 88 TD passes....I know I know # mean nothing but if he was just a running QB would his passing # be that high? Pat White 6,051 passing yards 56 TD passes....Micheal Vick 3,279 passing yards 21 TD Passes....Donovan McNabb 8,389 passing yards 77 TD passes....Steve Mcnair 14,496 yards 119 TD passes played at Div I aa school....Daunte Culpepper 11,412 passing yards 84 TD passes.....Steve Young 7,733 passing yards 56 TD passes....John Elway 9,349 passing yards 77 TD passes....that's a list of duel threat QBs in college....I know # mean nothing...I'm a 100% believer Tebow can be the guy for the Broncos. If we trade him It would be the worst trade ever in the history of this organization....He is are Next John Elway...Just sit back and watch......:beer: But who am I? Just another opinionated douchebag who knows nothing!!!??

I like this. I'm not going to lie. I had my concerns but those have been put to rest for the most part. But the speed of the game hasnt really seemed too big for him. Dont get me wrong, he's still getting adjusted to the speed but its never been so fast that it seems like he wants to curl up in the fetal position. Quite the opposite. The guy has made plays from the beginning and reacted well to game action. He's made a lot of nice throws too while taking care of the ball for the most part.

But one of the biggest things is that there is a very definite feeling that he's elevating the play of others in a way that I havent seen in a long time. People can make fun of "intangibles" all they want but its very real with this guy. There was a totally different vibe last weekend.

As much as I hate McDaniels, if Tebow turns out to be as good as the OP suggests, all the bad with McDaniels might be worth the good that comes with Tebow.

Im very excited to see where this goes and I kind of hope he sticks around. I just have a weird feeling that wherever he plays, he's going to make some team very happy.

silkamilkamonico
12-23-2010, 05:19 AM
If we trade him It would be the worst trade ever in the history of this organization....He is are Next John Elway...Just sit back and watch......:beer: But who am I? Just another opinionated douchebag who knows nothing!!!??

http://www.thegamerslab.com/community/images/smilies/lordthatsfunny.gif

BroncoBJ
12-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Love the thread and sure hope you are 100 percent right. :salute: ... I agree though. I hope we don't lose Tim. I'd love for him to have a great final 2 games and 2 wins on the board. Then go all defense next year and make him our starter and see what happens. :elefant:

Nomad
12-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Elway will have a say in Tebow's future for the Denver BRONCOS. So does Elway believe in Tebow and keep him or does he go with his alma mater and draft Luck and appease the 'stuck on Luck' fans!! Either way, Elway will have a say, so I wonder how many fans will have a grudge against him!!

BroncoStud
12-23-2010, 10:27 AM
He's an underrated talent for sure. He has that special something that only a few players have and he got bashed for the offense he ran in college and his unusual mechanics. His stock really fell when guys like Kiper got ahold of him and told the world that Jimmy Clausen (LOL) was the best QB in this draft - bar none.

Still, Tebow has a presence that is rarely seen. All he needs is reps, time, and more knowledge, and it will all slow down for him. It took Peyont a good year or two to really catch hold, but when it did -- BAM!

Because Tebow is held to a higher standard (for whatever reason) he may not be allotted the time to develop he needs, a guy like Gruden would probably give him the right time and coaching to bring him along. We'll have to see.

These next 2 games will be pivotal for Tebow and the Denver Broncos, it's a damn shame he has High School coaches calling his plays.

SOCALORADO.
12-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I always thought TT reminded me of Steve Young. But now that i have seen him play in the NFL, he actually does, very much play just like McNair.
McNair was like 6'2" 235, and he could run. And he was 1st known as "Air McNair" because of his deep ball.
Same build, same size, same ability to get the ball downfield, and they are/were ballers on the field.

Look familiar? RIP
http://cdn.everyjoe.com/files/2009/07/steve-mcnair-rest-in-peace-20030922_aag_s76_042.jpg

tripleoption
12-23-2010, 10:55 AM
I've seen a couple references in this thread about the presence Tebow has. I definitely agree there. He's got that winning mentality, and seems to raise the play of those around him. He's got those 'intangibles' people talk about. For a young guy he's shown a willingness and ability to put a team on his back and carry them. You can't put a price on that, and what it brings to a team.

Northman
12-23-2010, 11:27 AM
The potential is there just like every other QB to come out of college. But nothing is guaranteed. If he is traded, he is traded. Ill still be a Bronco fan as ive already watched players ive liked traded away. We have no control over it but chances are Tebow will stay because we've only seen a little of his playing. He wont be the next John Elway because there is only one John Elway. If indeed Tebow is going to be a great QB he has a LONG way to go to hold Elway's jock. The challenge is on him.

BeefStew25
12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I think the McNair comparisons are morbid and lacking class.

BroncoBJ
12-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I think the McNair comparisons are morbid and lacking class.

Same. Some people just have no class.

I Eat Staples
12-23-2010, 07:49 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/346/original/969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg?1244744838

PAINTERDAVE
12-23-2010, 08:18 PM
What Tebow becomes is up in the air.

He certainly has enough talent and moxie to man the helm...
while we rebuild the defense.
He can not be any worse than Orton has been...
and the potential of being much better is present.

He could be our franchise QB....
he may one day become an elite QB.

Time will tell.

I expect he will lead us to a victory over the Texans Sunday.

Dzone
12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Cool that Tebow said 'Hey, we are always auditioning for our job in the NFL. I dont mind that at all."...compare that to hortons sulk and whine act. Right there you can see the difference between the two players approach to the game. If Denver drafts Luck, Im sure tebow would say 'great! I welcome the competition because it will make me better"

Lancane
12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Tim Tebow is NOT John Elway, He is not Steve McNair, hell...he is not even Brian Griese. He hasn't proven shit and it takes more then petty half-ass words to make a college quarterback an NFL quarterback...or every team in the NFL would have found a franchise-esque or comparable quarterback by now.

Does he have potential? Yes. Does he have talent? Again, yes he does. Is his skill-set and mechanics reformable enough to make him a solid, good or even an elite quarterback at the pro-level? That is yet to be seen. He threw a couple solid passes last Sunday, but he also threw some not so great passes as well, that is why so many will be watching to see how he does Sunday against Houston, especially since the Texans will know he is the starter, they'll be playing seven in the box to completely eliminate the run and force him to pass and if the game plan is conservative again? We could be hearing a lot more people unsure about his potential and future if he does poorly.

Tebow is infectious, look at the fans and at how the media is drawn to him, his teammates are the same, he is just a very likeable guy...but again, that doesn't mean anything. It takes more then being a leader, more then being a nice guy to play at the pro-level...and he still has much to prove. And until he does, then he should not be compared to anyone else, because let's face it, if we go that route, then he could be as easily compared to Tim Couch or Matt Leinart.

silkamilkamonico
12-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Tim Tebow is NOT John Elway, He is not Steve McNair, hell...he is not even Brian Griese. He hasn't proven shit and it takes more then petty half-ass words to make a college quarterback an NFL quarterback...or every team in the NFL would have found a franchise-esque or comparable quarterback by now.

Does he have potential? Yes. Does he have talent? Again, yes he does. Is his skill-set and mechanics reformable enough to make him a solid, good or even an elite quarterback at the pro-level? That is yet to be seen. He threw a couple solid passes last Sunday, but he also threw some not so great passes as well, that is why so many will be watching to see how he does Sunday against Houston, especially since the Texans will know he is the starter, they'll be playing seven in the box to completely eliminate the run and force him to pass and if the game plan is conservative again? We could be hearing a lot more people unsure about his potential and future if he does poorly.

Tebow is infectious, look at the fans and at how the media is drawn to him, his teammates are the same, he is just a very likeable guy...but again, that doesn't mean anything. It takes more then being a leader, more then being a nice guy to play at the pro-level...and he still has much to prove. And until he does, then he should not be compared to anyone else, because let's face it, if we go that route, then he could be as easily compared to Tim Couch or Matt Leinart.

Apparently Tim Tebow has some invisible attribute called the "IT" factor. It suuposedly allows him to win games, even though he couldn't win the game for us against Oakland, a not very good team in the NFL.

Also, apparently this "IT" factor means he wants to win games. Like really bad. Like he'll do anything to win a game. Like other NFL QB's don't, or have never, shared that sentiment.

missingnumber7
12-23-2010, 09:16 PM

He is not the next John Elway...he is Tim Tebow. And realize that if he is going to be the face of the franchize that we are going to have growing pains especially early in his career. Its about more than numbers, because if all you want to see is numbers, why not just keep doing what we did for the majority of the season this year and let orton throw the ball around. There are only 3 numbers that I care about W's, L's, and SB W's.

I Eat Staples
12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Cool that Tebow said 'Hey, we are always auditioning for our job in the NFL. I dont mind that at all."...compare that to hortons sulk and whine act. Right there you can see the difference between the two players approach to the game. If Denver drafts Luck, Im sure tebow would say 'great! I welcome the competition because it will make me better"

Like Orton said when we drafted Tebow.

I mean come on, you might not like Orton, you might want to move on, you might even think he's a horrible QB. But why take shots at his character or work ethic?

robert ethan
12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Why does everything have to be extreme as far as fan's reaction to Tebow is concerned?

I don't know which group I hate more, the one's who said he was a mistake and would end up as a third string safety, or the one's that have him measured up for Canton already.

Is there no in between?

PAINTERDAVE
12-23-2010, 09:36 PM
What Tebow becomes is up in the air.

He certainly has enough talent and moxie to man the helm...
while we rebuild the defense.
He can not be any worse than Orton has been...
and the potential of being much better is present.

He could be our franchise QB....
he may one day become an elite QB.

Time will tell.

I expect he will lead us to a victory over the Texans Sunday.

In betweeen... kinda like this?

BroncoBJ
12-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Why does everything have to be extreme as far as fan's reaction to Tebow is concerned?

I don't know which group I hate more, the one's who said he was a mistake and would end up as a third string safety, or the one's that have him measured up for Canton already.

Is there no in between?

:lol: I agree with that 100 percent. Of course I want Tebow to be a great QB for us. But I also hate the fans that worship Tebow and act like he will never do no wrong and yadda yadda yadda. Mainly the Tebow Florida fans or the ones who wanted him to start from week 1 and said hes the best. But I also hate the fans that bash him every second they get and always talk about how bad he is and just let ESPN do the talking for them. :fight:

Jake Klug
12-23-2010, 11:23 PM
:lol: I agree with that 100 percent. Of course I want Tebow to be a great QB for us. But I also hate the fans that worship Tebow and act like he will never do no wrong and yadda yadda yadda. Mainly the Tebow Florida fans or the ones who wanted him to start from week 1 and said hes the best. But I also hate the fans that bash him every second they get and always talk about how bad he is and just let ESPN do the talking for them. :fight:

Tebow isnt the end, and he isnt the beginning. Tebow is the end and the beginning.

MileHiWildcat
12-24-2010, 12:07 PM

Actually Couch and Leinart were reported to be complete a-holes.

MileHiWildcat
12-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Like Orton said when we drafted Tebow.

I mean come on, you might not like Orton, you might want to move on, you might even think he's a horrible QB. But why take shots at his character or work ethic?

At some point you've got to take yourself away from Neck-beard's knob.

Sinthor
12-24-2010, 02:59 PM
In betweeen... kinda like this?

Really, to be fair... If you look at fan reaction to any new young draft pick QB, you see the same. Pretty much the same when you get some established veteran new to the team. Some really like the choice, some really hate it. In my observation people seem to be over-sensitive to this when it comes to Tebow. The people who are excited are labeled "fanatics" and the people that aren't excited are called "haters." Myself, I think it has to do with the negative press from some of the well known scouts. Tends to make people support Tebow even more because there hasn't been a college player with his level of success that has been so denigrated as regards to the NFL and make the people that DON'T support him even more active because of the backup from those analysts. Either way, Tebow is as controversial as a player as he was as a draft prospect. I agree it's got to be a little less extreme both ways though.

Myself, I really hope he succeeds. I hope this because of how he was just plain talked badly about even with his huge success in college. No other QB with those kinds of stats (that I can find) has taken that much flak. The MAIN reason I hope he succeeds is because he's a Denver Bronco now and I want the TEAM to succeed. I don't want them to lose the last two games of the year and if he can help, I want that. I could care less about supporting him because of his beliefs or anything else. I don't know why people make a big deal of that either way. I want him to do well playing football and through that, have my favorite team do well. That's all. If he ends up failing, that's too bad and the team will wisely move on. If he ends up great then good for the team!

Dzone
12-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Tebow can do no wrong. He will never throw an interception. He is that good. If you dont love Tebow, then you need to have your head examined

broncobryce
12-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Andrew Luck sucks.