PDA

View Full Version : 9 Ohio State Players may be suspended for tattoos

Dzone
12-23-2010, 12:57 AM
They went out and traded autographs for tattoos.
NCAA is the ultimate hypocrite.This is so petty. So is the NCAA going to do a strip search to see what tattoos are illegal?

Northman
12-23-2010, 01:15 AM
I think its funny. Its actually pretty dumb of the artists to even do it. The players may never amount to anything and could become worthless autographs.

Buff
12-23-2010, 01:19 AM
The NCAA, along with the BCS, is ruining college football.

OrangeHoof
12-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I sure hope nobody inspects the basketball team...

ChampWJ
12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Let me be the first to say allowing 5 players who have earned suspensions to first play in their bowl game is wrong. They should all sit.

Northman
12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
As it turns out, it was much more than just tattoos. Evidently the players were selling items they had gotten for achievements like jersey's, rings, etc.

Northman
12-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Let me be the first to say allowing 5 players who have earned suspensions to first play in their bowl game is wrong. They should all sit.

I agree.

EMB6903
12-23-2010, 02:27 PM

Just ruins it for the rest of the team who had no part in it.

OrangeHoof
12-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Who cares if they are suspended from playing creampuffs next year? Their asses should be sat down for the bowl game. I'm guessing Terrell Pryor just goes pro and never serves the suspension at all.

BroncoJoe
12-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't care.

BroncoBJ
12-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Meh, they got what they deserved.

broncogirl7
12-23-2010, 09:09 PM
After hearing more of the story...they should definately be benched for the bowl game. They knew they were doing the wrong thing, especially after the whole Cam Newton fiasco...

broncophan
12-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Damn....really lost all respect for all 5 of the players involved......selling championship rings...and other awards given to them...and yes they should sit out the Sugar Bowl.....but looking ahead to next year,,,,,,,,not having them against.....Miami (Fla) and Michigan St. will not be good.

I do not blame the coaching staff though....or the university.....I am not sure how many times student athletes need to be told the proper rules the ncaa has in place......

Northman
12-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Damn....really lost all respect for all 5 of the players involved......selling championship rings...and other awards given to them...and yes they should sit out the Sugar Bowl.....but looking ahead to next year,,,,,,,,not having them against.....Miami (Fla) and Michigan St. will not be good.

I do not blame the coaching staff though....or the university.....I am not sure how many times student athletes need to be told the proper rules the ncaa has in place......

I was wondering how you felt about all this. Im glad you have a level head on your shoulders and dont automatically excuse the behavior. Its certainly disappointing but in the long run OSU will still be a dominant school.

broncophan
12-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I was wondering how you felt about all this. Im glad you have a level head on your shoulders and dont automatically excuse the behavior. Its certainly disappointing but in the long run OSU will still be a dominant school.

Hi North.....Merry Christmas to you and yours....yea.....I am pretty disappointed....I am just glad none of the coaches or anyone was found to have tried to cover up anything....at least I hope not.....and I hope nothing else is found.....sometimes things start to snowball....and more stuff is found.......hell....Clarette was doing some suspect things while at OSU......Heisman winner Troy Smith was suspended for a couple games for suspect behavior.....and now this crap......not good......these players have got to take some responsability....

broncophan
03-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi North.....Merry Christmas to you and yours....yea.....I am pretty disappointed....I am just glad none of the coaches or anyone was found to have tried to cover up anything....at least I hope not.....and I hope nothing else is found.....sometimes things start to snowball....and more stuff is found.......hell....Clarette was doing some suspect things while at OSU......Heisman winner Troy Smith was suspended for a couple games for suspect behavior.....and now this crap......not good......these players have got to take some responsability....

Well...it looks like there was a cover-up by Tressel of all people.......my worst fears....7 p.m. press conference tonight where I think Tressel may admit that he knew about it well before hand....really sucks...and I would not be surprised if he would lose his job if this is true...unreal....
osu haters will rejoice over this one...if what I am hearing is true...:(

MNPatsFan
03-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Well...it looks like there was a cover-up by Tressel of all people.......my worst fears....7 p.m. press conference tonight where I think Tressel may admit that he knew about it well before hand....really sucks...and I would not be surprised if he would lose his job if this is true...unreal....
osu haters will rejoice over this one...if what I am hearing is true...:(
Not an OSU hater, but the 2 game suspension is a JOKE! If Dez Bryant was forced to sit out an entire year/season for lying to the NCAA about the Deon Sanders situation, then Jim Tressel should also be required to miss or sit out an entire season for covering up the scandal and then lying to the NCAA about it.

Buff
03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I hate the NCAA and it kills me to see kids/coaches get negatively affected by stupid rules and policies.

That said, Tressel's explanation is insulting to anyone with half a brain. I care less about the initial cover-up than I do his ridiculous explanation this week. He ought to be fired for not owning up to his mistake and continuing to lie.