PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Playing for Denver Career?

WARHORSE
12-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Tim Tebow: Deal or No Deal?

In the next two games, Tim Tebow will be the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos.

Mr. McDaniels.......we'll give you draft picks number 43, 70 and 114.........OR.......you can have suitcase number 15, Tim Tebow,who may or may not be a franchise QB in the NFL.

"GIMME TEBOW!!!! I WANT TIM TEBOW PLEASE!!! YIPPEEEE!! NUMBER 15 HOWIE!"

And so here we are. We hold case number 15.

The Broncos let Josh McDaniels do a lot of maneuvering as HC/GM of the team. While Xanders was touted as being GM.2 in the front office, it has come to light that McDaniels made a number of questionable decisions without conferring on his counterpart. Was anyone paying attention?

Perhaps, that is going to end up hurting the Broncos even more severly down the line, but one thing is for sure: the Broncos are scrambling to recover from the Katrina like McDaniels. He single handedly did a job seen and felt all across Broncos Country.

Many view the Broncos landscape as devastated, and owner Pat Bowlen personally put his boots on, and waded into the fray by letting go of his one time wonderboy turned one-n-done boy and has now begun the task of some very painful, and somber cleanup, in order to rebuild this once proud franchise turned quagmire.

Enlisting the help of powerful friends, Bowlen has sought longtime Broncos great John Elway in support and has vowed to return to greatness, one step at a time.

And step number one is: open case number 15.

The Denver Broncos made the decision to play Tim Tebow for the last three games of the season. His debut last week was solid, but not spectacular. Not bad, but not good either. He had all of Broncos nation standing on its feet with a 40 yard touchdown run that looked almost like Larry Czonka on a fast break. He got fouled at the line, but he finished the play. Slam dunk and a free throw. The Broncos faithful were heard across the nation spilling their Coors beers as they rose in drunken stupor to high five one another. Then they sat back down and watched as the Raiders pounded them back into their rocky mountain mugs. Tim Tebow was bound by a very conservative gameplan that said, "We dont care if we lose."

Cheers.

Tim Tebow will start against the Texans on sunday night, and then again the following week closing out against the desperate Chargers.

The Broncos are trying to stay out of the spotlight, but this move speaks loud and clear. We cannot afford to have a top one or two draft pick and not know what we have in Tim Tebow.

See, its possible a young man named Andrew Luck will be available come April. Possible. And the Broncos dont want to be at the podium afraid to turn in their card.

No matter if the Carolina Panthers have the number one selection or not. They have a ton of needs and so do the Denver Broncos. They have defensive needs and so do the Denver Broncos. They have a young QB prospect in Clausen just like the Denver Broncos. But Denver has two second round selections while the Panthers have none. Can the Carolina Panthers really afford to draft Andrew Luck with no second round pick? Will they move Clausen to defense or WR? Denver has a slew of good WRs while Carolina has one aging Steve Smith.

So, no matter if Denver has pick number two or number one, both Luck and Bowers will be within their grasp.

After the next two games, Denver will know whether it will spend its first rounder and both second rounders on defense, or draft Andrew Luck of Stanford, and then the rest of their picks on defense.

Perhaps Luck will remain in school. But either way, the Denver Broncos will be ready.

And they better be. All of Broncos Nation is watching and they have empty beer mugs in their hands. They will either fill them up again......or throw them at their televisions.

So whats it gonna be Tim Tebow? DEAL?

Or NO DEAL?

topscribe
12-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Maybe Tebow plus our first to Carolina for a shot at Luck?

If we're going to be idiots, might as well go all the way . . . ;)

-----

BroncoStud
12-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Our 1st rounder, Kyle Orton, and a 2nd rounder for their 1st rounder.

Magnificent Seven
12-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Denver loves mobile-quarterback and I think we want to keep Tebow. Trade Orton for a stud player. Orton will start complaining about losing his job to Tebow and He will be unhappy in Denver soon. So, just trade Orton for someone.

They could keep Quinn and sign any veteran quarterback.

Tebow reminds me of Young Elway and Steve Young. There is no way to lose Tebow!

robert ethan
12-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Tebow would probably be just as happy to get out of that sewer pit. But I don't think they'll let him.

tomjonesrocks
12-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Even if Denver drafts a more typical franchise QB I hope Tebow is open to moving to TE. Granted TE is one of the lower paid positions on NFL rosters--and the Broncos are paying pretty generously for Tebow's services--but with his jumping ability and athleticism it seems like he could be a phenomenally effective TE.

If Lloyd stays and Tebow could be converted to TE -- with Luck or another serious QB prospect it could be the beginning of a pretty exciting offense. I'd rather see Moreno, Orton, and a whole host of others traded over Tebow.

I liked what I saw from Tebow last week but I heard more negativity on Denver radio and elsewhere than positive from people supposedly knowledgeable about QB techniques, etc. Everyone seemed to agree the ball doesn't leave Tebow's hand with "pop" and that his footwork remains terrible. I thought he looked pretty good all things considered but I have to admit we haven't seen him throw a bullet to a receiver in the middle of the field yet. Can he do it? Footwork could be fixed but if all he's capable of is throws requiring a lot of air under his passes that's not so good.

If Tebow works out at QB fine--just saying I'd rather have him stay and move to another position than leave the franchise entirely.

robert ethan
12-23-2010, 01:22 AM
I should mark down the names of all the boneheads who think Luck will be a better QB than Tebow. For future reference.

BroncoStud
12-23-2010, 01:33 AM
I dunno man, that 25 yard out Tebow threw across the field was pretty damn impressive. That ball got to Lloyd quickly, and that's an elite throw.

His mechanics aren't typical, but neither are those of Rivers. We obviously need to see more from Tebow and we will, but overall I thought he played far beyond my expectations last week. That was a tough situation to come in and deal excel in. Tim performed admirably all things considered.

Jake Klug
12-23-2010, 01:51 AM
I dunno man, that 25 yard out Tebow threw across the field was pretty damn impressive. That ball got to Lloyd quickly, and that's an elite throw.

His mechanics aren't typical, but neither are those of Rivers. We obviously need to see more from Tebow and we will, but overall I thought he played far beyond my expectations last week. That was a tough situation to come in and deal excel in. Tim performed admirably all things considered.

This is an impression that I have. I think Orton's understanding of the pro game is a little more sophisticated as he's been in the league longer. But Ive always thought that Orton was too dependent on pre-snap reads. Whereas, with Tebow, youre seeing a guy react more based on what he sees after the snap...and its still not bad. I think thats why he does a solid job taking care of the ball.

BroncoWave
12-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Even if Denver drafts a more typical franchise QB I hope Tebow is open to moving to TE. Granted TE is one of the lower paid positions on NFL rosters--and the Broncos are paying pretty generously for Tebow's services--but with his jumping ability and athleticism it seems like he could be a phenomenally effective TE.

If Lloyd stays and Tebow could be converted to TE -- with Luck or another serious QB prospect it could be the beginning of a pretty exciting offense. I'd rather see Moreno, Orton, and a whole host of others traded over Tebow.

I liked what I saw from Tebow last week but I heard more negativity on Denver radio and elsewhere than positive from people supposedly knowledgeable about QB techniques, etc. Everyone seemed to agree the ball doesn't leave Tebow's hand with "pop" and that his footwork remains terrible. I thought he looked pretty good all things considered but I have to admit we haven't seen him throw a bullet to a receiver in the middle of the field yet. Can he do it? Footwork could be fixed but if all he's capable of is throws requiring a lot of air under his passes that's not so good.

If Tebow works out at QB fine--just saying I'd rather have him stay and move to another position than leave the franchise entirely.

Tebow is never moving to TE. People just need to get that out of their heads. He has been adamant his entire life that he is a QB and that's all he wants to be. I know he's a team first guy who will do anything to help the team but I don't see him ever switching positions.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Of course Tebow is playing for his job. He's on a team where nobody knows who the coach and GM will be next year. EVERYONE in playing for their job right now. Nobody is safe. He did well, IMO, in his rookie debut. We'll see if he can continue playing that way for the last 2 weeks of the season.

It's almost guaranteed that Carolina has the #1 pick in the draft. Right now, unless we go on some winning streak (which I don't think the defense will allow) we're probably going to end up with #2 overall. The big question is:

What happens if Carolina passes on Andrew Luck and drafts someone like Bowers instead? Do we draft Luck at #2 even if Tebow is playing well or do we allow him to fall to the Bengals at #3? I think we'd almost have to take him just to trade him to someone who really wants him. Some team would probably be willing to give up a LOT for the kid. I'm thinking Ricky Williams, Herschel Walker, Eli Manning trade stuff.

Frankly, I'm fine right now with Tebow as our guy for the future, but we could totally set ourselves up by using Luck to acquire some great extra picks! It will be really funny if everyone is expecting Carolina to take Luck and they don't. I'd be willing to bet our "war-room" phone will start ringing off the hook with offers and even if we didn't get one that we wanted before the allotted time, I'd still pull the trigger on Luck. How awesome would it be to gain 4 or 5 extra picks in this draft? Luck just might bring that for us.

Damn, I hope we hire a real GM...

Of course all of this is complete speculation until Luck declares for the draft. It will be interesting to see what happens and how everything changes if he doesn't. Would a guy like Mallett move up to the #1 spot even though he's not really deserving of being the #1 overall pick (like and Alex Smith scenario). Hmmm...

PAINTERDAVE
12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Defense.
We need defense.
Take Bowers.
If Luck falls to us...
Trade that for 4 or 5 picks...
build a new team.

Tebow is plenty good enough to build around.

He has what it takes to be a franchise QB...
wether or not he ever becomes elite...
only time will tell.

Defense.

BroncoStud
12-23-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't know if Tebow is the answer or not, but he isn't Kyle Orton, and that makes me a lot happier. At least TT will give a great effort every week and lead the team.

LawDog
12-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Tim Tebow will start against the Texans on Monday night, ...

You are wrong on this point.

I Eat Staples
12-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Our 1st rounder, Kyle Orton, and a 2nd rounder for their 1st rounder.

That would be pointless because the best defensive player is more than likely going to be available when we pick anyway.

PAINTERDAVE
12-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Bowers at #2 spot...

if we beat Texans... and drop to 4...
probably dont get Bowers...

so we would maybe trade down and get an extra pick and still draft at like 11 or 12?

Who knows?

I am just so much more peaceful and centered knowing Kyle is our 3rd string QB now....

WARHORSE
12-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I should mark down the names of all the boneheads who think Luck will be a better QB than Tebow. For future reference.

Hey, while youre at it.....make two lists. ;)

WARHORSE
12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
You are wrong on this point.

I dont know how I got monday night in my head..........maybe the hammock was swinging a little too wildly.

My wife gets excited sometimes when Im typin about Tebow. ;)

WARHORSE
12-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Bowers at #2 spot...

if we beat Texans... and drop to 4...
probably dont get Bowers...

so we would maybe trade down and get an extra pick and still draft at like 11 or 12?

Who knows?

I am just so much more peaceful and centered knowing Kyle is our 3rd string QB now....

We wont drop to four. We would drop to 3, but only if Cincy lost. If Cincy loses it doesnt matter whether we win or lose.

Guarantee Cincy will not pass on Bowers. Bowers has to be number one on top of their draft board. They run the 4-3, and their pass rush is non existent.

Im sure they will want to move up and get Bowers too.

Bowers accumulated his stats facing double teams all year. Unreal.

Bowers is almost as highly ranked as a draft pick as Luck, at an almost as important position.

If there is a rookie salary cap in place, we could possibly hit the jackpot, because people wont have to concern themselves with paying 30 mil guaranteed.

Not to mention drafting Luck without having to guarantee him 55 mil.

I must tell you, of all the drafts you would want top picks in........this is the one.

Heres another scenario:

What if Denver is secretly unimpressed with what they have seen of Tebow in practice and spring training. Of course we know he was the hardest worker, etc, and has off the charts intangibles. But what if his passing was consistently....inconsistent? Its POSSIBLE, just POSSIBLE fellas.........that should a team like Miami have interest in Tebow, the Broncos pull the trigger, get a first, and draft Luck. Probable? I didnt say that. I said possible. Remember I said that when you fire up your flamethrower.:shocked:

Tebow was made for that offense down there in MyHammy.

I like Tebow. He is a leader and has intangibles off the chart.

Hes a winner. He never throws people under the bus. You wont find him in the local night clubs hangin wit da boys. He will be representing the Broncos with honor and leadership.

Andrew Luck? Hes off the charts impressive, hes a winner, and he too has those intangibles. The guy is a general and a leader off the field too.

Man is it going to be unreal this off season.

Must see TV.

This may be the year I try and attend the draft.

Back to the hammock. I got thinkin to do...........

claymore
12-23-2010, 05:41 PM

I hope you have a couple terabytes of free space on your hard drive.

Lancane
12-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I agree, Tebow is not safe until the members of the front office and staff of the next regime are in place and say as much.

The fandom is going through Tebow-mania, partly because we haven't had much to cheer about for over a year, and because it got so bad that we looked for something new and different on the field from what we were seeing. I am a little dissapointed with some of those on the boards, usually most try to think straight and keep a level head, analyzing everything, even if not correctly at least being open minded...but now? Only a few of us understand that he really is playing for a job on next year's roster and that nothing is guaranteed because he's Tim Tebow or a first round pick.

Elway will have a lot more say so, and it was almost two weeks ago that he was asked about Luck and Tebow, he was very upbeat and straight forward regarding Luck, who is from his alma mater, but not so much about Tebow, saying only that he would be discussed a lot with the next regime going forward. It was not very promising by any means...and that doesn't mean he is down on the kid, but if Elway wants to go in another direction, then a large number of fans will be behind him and that decision. We should also account for Pat Bowlen, who has admitted that he's a very offensive minded owner and likes strong armed quarterbacks, he's never been shy about paying money at that position over the years or wasting draft picks either, we were paying Griese alright money and Orton was making good money as well, his extension was way above average. Cutler and Plummer both had pretty good contracts, we traded for Quinn with the remainder of his first round rookie contract still in owed to him.

And there is an X, Y and Z factors at play as well, beyond what Pat, Elway or the general public's perception is. Xanders and Ellis are both sort of in the hot-seat with the fandom, and probably feeling some from Bowlen as well as EVP Rick Silvka and the members of the Board of Directors, and they may wish to seperate themselves from McDaniels' mistakes and the state of the franchise...is it really that hard to believe that they may wish to rid the team of Tebow and draft someone like Luck, the next supposed Elway and be seperated from Tebow? After all, if Tim is an utter failure and not the future and it's apparent in two or three years, the blame could be put on them more then anyone else still associated with the team! And what about the odds of success that are against Tebow? I know his fans want to overlook the fact that the odds point against him being more then a scrub at the next level, but what if they feel as much? Would the fans who support Tebow damn the organization who know more then they about football if they did decide to go another route, one they felt safer with for the future of the franchise? Let's not forget that the next offensive coordinator, head coach and general manager if it's not Xanders may wish to go in a different direction?

The point I am making is that there is no safe bet that Tebow will or will not be back, Bowlen will not be polarized by using another first round pick on the position, no matter what Tebow's contract is costing him, and we have no cluse what he feel or thinks regarding the situation? What about Elway or the others coming aboard or are already a part of this organization? Fact is that there is a possibility no matter how slight, no matter how unwelcomed it might be that they may just go after Luck in the draft and trade or keep Tebow anyways and the fans will just have to live with it! It can't get much worse, and truth be told...if they drafted Luck, you'd find a lot of people hopping off the Tebow wagon and boarding the Luck train.

WARHORSE
12-24-2010, 06:34 AM
I agree, Tebow is not safe until the members of the front office and staff of the next regime are in place and say as much.

The fandom is going through Tebow-mania, partly because we haven't had much to cheer about for over a year, and because it got so bad that we looked for something new and different on the field from what we were seeing. I am a little dissapointed with some of those on the boards, usually most try to think straight and keep a level head, analyzing everything, even if not correctly at least being open minded...but now? Only a few of us understand that he really is playing for a job on next year's roster and that nothing is guaranteed because he's Tim Tebow or a first round pick.

Elway will have a lot more say so, and it was almost two weeks ago that he was asked about Luck and Tebow, he was very upbeat and straight forward regarding Luck, who is from his alma mater, but not so much about Tebow, saying only that he would be discussed a lot with the next regime going forward. It was not very promising by any means...and that doesn't mean he is down on the kid, but if Elway wants to go in another direction, then a large number of fans will be behind him and that decision. We should also account for Pat Bowlen, who has admitted that he's a very offensive minded owner and likes strong armed quarterbacks, he's never been shy about paying money at that position over the years or wasting draft picks either, we were paying Griese alright money and Orton was making good money as well, his extension was way above average. Cutler and Plummer both had pretty good contracts, we traded for Quinn with the remainder of his first round rookie contract still in owed to him.

And there is an X, Y and Z factors at play as well, beyond what Pat, Elway or the general public's perception is. Xanders and Ellis are both sort of in the hot-seat with the fandom, and probably feeling some from Bowlen as well as EVP Rick Silvka and the members of the Board of Directors, and they may wish to seperate themselves from McDaniels' mistakes and the state of the franchise...is it really that hard to believe that they may wish to rid the team of Tebow and draft someone like Luck, the next supposed Elway and be seperated from Tebow? After all, if Tim is an utter failure and not the future and it's apparent in two or three years, the blame could be put on them more then anyone else still associated with the team! And what about the odds of success that are against Tebow? I know his fans want to overlook the fact that the odds point against him being more then a scrub at the next level, but what if they feel as much? Would the fans who support Tebow damn the organization who know more then they about football if they did decide to go another route, one they felt safer with for the future of the franchise? Let's not forget that the next offensive coordinator, head coach and general manager if it's not Xanders may wish to go in a different direction?

The point I am making is that there is no safe bet that Tebow will or will not be back, Bowlen will not be polarized by using another first round pick on the position, no matter what Tebow's contract is costing him, and we have no cluse what he feel or thinks regarding the situation? What about Elway or the others coming aboard or are already a part of this organization? Fact is that there is a possibility no matter how slight, no matter how unwelcomed it might be that they may just go after Luck in the draft and trade or keep Tebow anyways and the fans will just have to live with it! It can't get much worse, and truth be told...if they drafted Luck, you'd find a lot of people hopping off the Tebow wagon and boarding the Luck train.

True.

Luck is everything Tebow is and then some.

Big. Strong. Prototypical size. Canon. Super quick release. Mobile. Smart. Pro offense. Leader. Hard worker. Reads defenses. etc, etc.

No matter how you slice it, the guy is a very, very good prospect that also projects big time to the next level.

There will be alot of teams looking to draft this guy.

claymore
12-24-2010, 07:42 AM

Only person safe in this organization is Bowlen and Elway. We can start fromn scratch imo.

Nomad
12-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Only person safe in this organization is Bowlen and Elway. We can start fromn scratch imo.

Sounds like Elway already has his mind made up who he wants in the 2011 draft. I see Kubiak and Sundquist coming in to be his yes men, so hopefully they pick up a great DC!! My prediction for the 2011 draft.....if Luck decides to forego the NFL then the BRONCOS break the bank on him with the defense and run game getting little leftovers and the Panthers are having Christmas in April. If Luck stays, BRONCOS finally draft all defense (dlineman, LBers, DBs) and figure out all year how they can get Luck in the 2012 draft!

WARHORSE
12-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Sounds like Elway already has his mind made up who he wants in the 2011 draft. I see Kubiak and Sundquist coming in to be his yes men, so hopefully they pick up a great DC!! My prediction for the 2011 draft.....if Luck decides to forego the NFL then the BRONCOS break the bank on him with the defense and run game getting little leftovers and the Panthers are having Christmas in April. If Luck stays, BRONCOS finally draft all defense (dlineman, LBers, DBs) and figure out all year how they can get Luck in the 2012 draft!

You could be right.

If Elway comes into the picture in any type of role, he will vote for the Stanford dynamo......being a Stanford man himself imo. He just looks too much like an Elway type prospect.

It just seems a little coincidental that all these things are lining up.

What would Carolina be after from Denver?

First of all, at number two theyre gonna get a Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson type of player in AJ Green which they need badly.

I can easily see Denver giving up Orton, one of our WRs, our first, and possibly a second or third.

That would help Carolina alot imo. Steve Smith, AJ Green and say Royal?

That would give Clausen or Orton alot to work with.

claymore
12-24-2010, 08:31 AM
You could be right.

If Elway comes into the picture in any type of role, he will vote for the Stanford dynamo......being a Stanford man himself imo. He just looks too much like an Elway type prospect.

It just seems a little coincidental that all these things are lining up.

What would Carolina be after from Denver?

First of all, at number two theyre gonna get a Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson type of player in AJ Green which they need badly.

I can easily see Denver giving up Orton, one of our WRs, our first, and possibly a second or third.

That would help Carolina alot imo. Steve Smith, AJ Green and say Royal?

That would give Clausen or Orton alot to work with.

Orton our first and maybe a 2nd??? Maybe Tebow and our first? Like I said before, if Tebow is THE MAN he needs to take us out of the Luck sweepstakes.

SR
12-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Denver loves mobile-quarterback and I think we want to keep Tebow. Trade Orton for a stud player. Orton will start complaining about losing his job to Tebow and He will be unhappy in Denver soon. So, just trade Orton for someone.

They could keep Quinn and sign any veteran quarterback.

Tebow reminds me of Young Elway and Steve Young. There is no way to lose Tebow!

Exactly what stud player do you think Orton would yield to us? Orton right now won't get us more than a third rounder.

claymore
12-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Exactly what stud player do you think Orton would yield to us? Orton right now won't get us more than a third rounder.

Cleveland got Hillis for Quinn. Stranger things HAVE happened!:laugh:

powderaddict
12-24-2010, 12:01 PM

Elway will have a lot more sayd so, and it was almost two weeks ago that he was asked about Luck and Tebow, he was very upbeat and straight forward regarding Luck, who is from his alma mater, but not so much about Tebow, saying only that he would be discussed a lot with the next regime going forward. It was not very promising by any means...and that doesn't mean he is down on the kid, but if Elway wants to go in another direction, then a large number of fans will be behind him and that decision. We should also account for Pat Bowlen, who has admitted that he's a very offensive minded owner and likes strong armed quarterbacks, he's never been shy about paying money at that position over the years or wasting draft picks either, we were paying Griese alright money and Orton was making good money as well, his extension was way above average. Cutler and Plummer both had pretty good contracts, we traded for Quinn with the remainder of his first round rookie contract still in owed to him.

I really like Tebow, the person and the player. But I feel pretty much the same way.

If the front office and staff have doubts about his long term prospects as a NFL QB and your in a position to draft an elite QB prospect, you almost have to pull the trigger.

NOTHING is as vital to long term continued success as an elite QB.

I love Tebow, but it Denver took Luck I wouldn't be surprised, or upset.

MileHiWildcat
12-24-2010, 12:01 PM
This thread, along with "coaching" staff = FAIL