PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2008 Captains

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10390970?source=rss

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan today named quarterback Jay Cutler and tight end Daniel Graham offensive team captains.

He also said linebacker D.J. Williams and cornerback Champ Bailey will serve as captains on defense, and long-snapper Mike Leach on special teams.

Cutler becomes captain in only his third NFL season, and his second as a full-time starter.

"As a quarterback, that third year you're not too young anymore, especially when you're the starter," Shanahan said of Cutler. "It just shows the respect the rest of the team has for him."

Graham, a Denver native from Thomas Jefferson High School and the University of Colorado, said it was a "real honor" to be named a captain by his teammates.

"That must mean they respect you and think highly of you," Graham said. "So it's an honor for me."

Graham said he votes for captains based on work ethic.

"You look for someone who is going to be a leader on and off the field, who is going to be here at work every day, practicing every day like it's game day or something," he said. "(You look) at someone that wants to work hard and takes this job as professionals."

frauschieze
09-05-2008, 04:18 PM
:woot:

More Leach love.

Davii
09-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Glad to hear it. I think those were not only the obvious choices, but the best, maybe that's why they were the obvious ones....

Requiem / The Dagda
09-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Daniel Graham, offensive? Should have been the Natester IMHO.

Scarface
09-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Cutler was captain last year but they act like it's his first.

Retired_Member_001
09-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Daniel Graham is a very interesting choice. He provides alot of experience and he has that winning toughness. I actually think it's a good choice. Marshall would have been a good option, but he has to prove his maturity first before he can claim the "captain" role.

GEM
09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Daniel Graham is a very interesting choice. He provides alot of experience and he has that winning toughness. I actually think it's a good choice. Marshall would have been a good option, but he has to prove his maturity first before he can claim the "captain" role.

Perhaps if he cleans up his act for the rest of the season, he'll have earned it for next season. :rockon:

Retired_Member_001
09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Perhaps if he cleans up his act for the rest of the season, he'll have earned it for next season. :rockon:

Exactly.

He has to try not to piss off Shanahan.

Tebow4Ever
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
i would have liked to see Royal named Captain 8-)