PDA

View Full Version : Check out this post by Lindsay Jones (@PostBroncos) about how Twitter has changed reporting

Tned
12-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey, here's a cool piece by the Denver Post's Lindsay Jones talking about how Twitter has changed the job of a reporter. Here's part of it, but check it out. Also, if you aren't following her on Twitter, as a Broncos fan, you owe it to yourself to follow her (@PostBroncos):

Last summer I was asked by Melissa Ludtke, a pioneer for female sports journalists and the editor of Nieman Reports at Harvard University, to write a piece about how Twitter and social media has changed sports beat writing. I don’t think I would be using hyperbole when I say that in just a few short years, it has revolutionized my job, and that of hundreds of other beat writers across the country.

Read the full blog entry here: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/12/22/shameless-plug-read-about-how-twitter-has-changed-my-job/6211/

BroncoWave
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
I remember about a year ago people on here just laughed at Twitter and called it gay when someone tried to post Broncos updates from it. Not hearing much of that any more. I almost can't imagine getting Broncos news any other way now.

NightTrainLayne
12-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I remember about a year ago people on here just laughed at Twitter and called it gay when someone tried to post Broncos updates from it. Not hearing much of that any more. I almost can't imagine getting Broncos news any other way now.

Now the problem is that I follow so many Broncos related twits that I get the same news/tweet about 100 different times. . .. + Tned's snarky, sarcastic, Hillis-related response. :D

Dirk
12-22-2010, 01:43 PM

I didn't call it gay, but I did say I would never use it.

And still don't. But that's because I don't have a cell phone. :lol:

BroncoJoe
12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Twitter is cool, but sometimes you need a reference manual to understand what language they're writing in.

Nomad
12-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I rely on people here to give the twitter reports!! How do you get them....by computer or cell phone!?!

NightTrainLayne
12-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I rely on people here to give the twitter reports!! How do you get them....by computer or cell phone!?!

Either way/both.

You can sign up at www.twitter.com

Northman
12-22-2010, 01:54 PM
The only guy i follow is Vic Lomardi. He cracks jokes left and right and i find it hilarious.

Tned
12-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Twitter is cool, but sometimes you need a reference manual to understand what language they're writing in.

U jst nd 2 lk @ wht thy mean & do so w/opn mind. RT @BroncoJoe Twitter cool/but sometimes you need ref. man to understand w/t language they're writing in

Tned
12-22-2010, 02:12 PM
The only guy i follow is Vic Lomardi. He cracks jokes left and right and i find it hilarious.

For Broncos news, if you are going to go with only a few to follow, Vic is good, but the main sources of Broncos news are: Lindsay Jones (@PostBroncos), Andrew Mason (@maxdenver) and of course the great Tned (@BroncosForums)... ;)

Northman
12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
For Broncos news, if you are going to go with only a few to follow, Vic is good, but the main sources of Broncos news are: Lindsay Jones (@PostBroncos), Andrew Mason (@maxdenver) and of course the great Tned (@BroncosForums)... ;)

Never heard of that last guy. :laugh:

slim
12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Twitter is gay.

Rex
12-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Twitter is gay.

Shut your porky mouth.

BroncoBJ
12-22-2010, 03:26 PM

I confess. I was 1 of the people who said twitter was gay. I remember hearing about it over a year ago. ANd kept hearing about it. And was like " My god, who would join such a gay site?" :lol:

Then last summer I finally was like " aight, I'll join just to follow Adam Schefter and Ocho Cinco"

So I joined, then started following some Bronco reporters, then found some fans and other people. And now twitter is 1 of my most used sites. I go on it every day at least and tweet with people and stuff. :lol:

Its actually a pretty dope site.

I feel wierd though when I tell my buddies about stuff I read on twitter. Since they all say its gay also. :fight:

Krugan
12-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Is it so hard to just to call someone anymore?

we depend on instant information far to much, will be a downfall one day.

Day1BroncoFan
12-22-2010, 03:36 PM
I was under the impression you had to become a twit before you could twitter. :whoknows:

Jaws
12-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Love Twitter.
Didn't think I would.
Joined around six months ago and have taken to it like a shark to water!

MileHighCrew
12-22-2010, 03:58 PM
What is this Twitter and where can I buy one?

Northman
12-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I love twittering my wife.

tubby
12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Twitter is the best thing since Uloric.