PDA

View Full Version : Problems editing posts.....

BigBroncLove
09-21-2007, 09:22 PM
So I have noticed this for some time, but didn't wnat to post naythign about it unless I was sure there was a problem. I believe there is one now....

When I post a large post. For example my article, or my post in Whats On Your Mind, about what rapists think, I cannot edit it using the quick edit tool that pops up when you click the edit button. When I try and save it, it simply gets that thinking thing that goes in circles, adn stay there, thinking in circles forever. However If I press "go advanced" then I can save it no problem. It's not a huge issue since you can go around the problem, btu with large posts I noticed it doesn't allow me to edit it unless I go into the advanced version of editing.

For tech purposes, I am using Internet Explorer 6.0, on a PC with Windows XP home edition.

Tned
09-21-2007, 09:25 PM
So I have noticed this for some time, but didn't wnat to post naythign about it unless I was sure there was a problem. I believe there is one now....

When I post a large post. For example my article, or my post in Whats On Your Mind, about what rapists think, I cannot edit it using the quick edit tool that pops up when you click the edit button. When I try and save it, it simply gets that thinking thing that goes in circles, adn stay there, thinking in circles forever. However If I press "go advanced" then I can save it no problem. It's not a huge issue since you can go around the problem, btu with large posts I noticed it doesn't allow me to edit it unless I go into the advanced version of editing.

For tech purposes, I am using Internet Explorer 6.0, on a PC with Windows XP home edition.

Unfortunately, it is a known bug in vBulletin 3.68. When that happens, the solution is exactly what you did, click "Go Advanced" and then click save from the advanced/"classic" edit screen.

Until vBulletin fixes it, the two options are disable it completely, which would also disable the "quick post" feature, or whenever it hangs, click go advanced. I have found that sometimes the quick edit works fine, sometimes it doesn't. It might be the size of the post, I am not 100% sure, but as I said, it is a known bug that they have not fixed yet.

Reidman
09-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Yep, happens to me too.

I do think it has something to do with the length of the post.

Tned
09-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Yep, happens to me too.

I do think it has something to do with the length of the post.

Hopefully, vB will have an update out in the near future to fix the Problem.

BigBroncLove
09-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately, it is a known bug in vBulletin 3.68. When that happens, the solution is exactly what you did, click "Go Advanced" and then click save from the advanced/"classic" edit screen.

Until vBulletin fixes it, the two options are disable it completely, which would also disable the "quick post" feature, or whenever it hangs, click go advanced. I have found that sometimes the quick edit works fine, sometimes it doesn't. It might be the size of the post, I am not 100% sure, but as I said, it is a known bug that they have not fixed yet.

Good to knwo. Thanks tned...

OB
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
It does it to me any time I try to edit a post - long or short

Tned
10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
It does it to me any time I try to edit a post - long or short

It might be your web browser or something else specific to your setup. For me, about 75% of the time I can click edit and then save it without it hanging, and the other 25% of the time I have to click Go Advanced and then save it that way.

I am not sure when the next vBulletin update will be released, but that is the soonest it might be fixed.

OB
10-01-2007, 11:08 AM
It might be your web browser or something else specific to your setup. For me, about 75% of the time I can click edit and then save it without it hanging, and the other 25% of the time I have to click Go Advanced and then save it that way.

I am not sure when the next vBulletin update will be released, but that is the soonest it might be fixed.

The go advanced seems to be working for me - thanks tned :salute:

Tned
10-01-2007, 11:19 AM
The go advanced seems to be working for me - thanks tned :salute:

No problem. Anytime the save on the 'quick edit' doesn't work, and the cursor just sits there spinning, then clicking go advanced with bring you to the old style edit screen and that seems to work 100% of the time.