PDA

View Full Version : Analysis: It's not all bad with the Broncos

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Interesting list but if you read the rest of it you'll notice someone you might think should be on there is missing.

Analysis: It's not all bad with the Broncos
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post

Posted: 12/21/2010 04:58:02 PM MSTUpdated: 12/21/2010 06:23:15 PM MST

There has been plenty of negativity swirling around the Broncos this season, both on the field and off of it, but there have been a few things on the other side of the scale.

Just a few:

Eric Decker. At 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, Decker is a little bigger than most special-teams coaches would like at the position, but the rookie wide receiver has shown some quality potential as a kickoff returner.

He didn't handle the ball cleanly in Oakland this past Sunday, but after looking at all of his returns again, he's certainly got a knack for the job. Again, he's a big target and could take some big shots along the way, but he has done well with his chances thus far.

Toss in the fact he's already a good player in coverage on special teams with his potential as a rotation receiver and he's a player who could make a long career for himself.

Read more: Analysis: It's not all bad with the Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16913974#ixzz18nlXl5uy
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

broncofaninfla
12-21-2010, 09:41 PM
We have to keep Bailey, I'm hoping he stays, eventually retires and enters the hall of fame as a Denver Bronco.

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 09:43 PM
I like Legwold but he said "a few things" and Decker makes one thing.

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 09:46 PM
I like Legwold but he said "a few things" and Decker makes one thing.

Jake you have go to DPO to read the other things. :D

Dreadnought
12-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Interesting list but if you read the rest of it you'll notice someone you might think should be on there is missing.

I think Decker will pan out nicely. Why? One poster here, who shall remain nameless, thinks he's not much good. Since he has an almost perfect record of being wrong at all times about most everything I take that as an excellent endorsement :D

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Jake you have go to DPO to read the other things. :D

Sorry but I dont see how Studesville is a positive just because he was given a bad situation. Dont get me wrong, Im not trashing the guy but I also dont see how its especially noteworthy as it relates to the Broncos.

BTW, I agree with Haggan. He's been solid. Its not like there arent guys on our roster worth keeping. The bigger problem is that theyre starters. Guys like Vickerson.

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 10:01 PM
I think Decker will pan out nicely. Why? One poster here, who shall remain nameless, thinks he's not much good. Since he has an almost perfect record of being wrong at all times about most everything I take that as an excellent endorsement :D

I think Decker could very well pan out as well. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well he's been doing returning kick offs. For guy whose not suppose to be all that fast he seemed find the lane quickly and motor on through it.

I was also surprised that Orton didn't make Legwold's list. I don't think he's great quarterback but he's had good enough year short comings and to warrant a little recognition for what has accomplished statistically speaking. Just don't tell Top I said that he might just have a heart attack and die. I really don't want that on my conscience. :D

BeefStew25
12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Sorry but I dont see how Studesville is a positive just because he was given a bad situation. Dont get me wrong, Im not trashing the guy but I also dont see how its especially noteworthy as it relates to the Broncos.

He is representing our team with class knowing he is goners. I think it is very admirable.

Plus we might be able to get around the Rooney Rule since we made him interim.

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 10:06 PM

BTW, I agree with Haggan. He's been solid. Its not like there arent guys on our roster worth keeping. The bigger problem is that theyre starters. Guys like Vickerson.

Vickerson like Bannan is a rotational player that should not be starting and wouldn't starting on most every other team in the NFL.

Buff
12-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Mario Haggan is a silver lining? Meh. He's had a couple of good games, but his play has mostly been invisible on a hapless defense... He has the ability to play average at a couple of different positions, which is arguably better than being average at only one position. Maybe that's why he's on the list? Kind of seems like Legwold is grasping at straws here.

BeefStew25
12-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Mario Haggan is a silver lining? Meh. He's had a couple of good games, but his play has mostly been invisible on a hapless defense... He has the ability to play average at a couple of different positions, which is arguably better than being average at only one position. Maybe that's why he's on the list? Kind of seems like Legwold is grasping at straws here.

Yeah, if Al Wilson read that, he would shake his head.