PDA

View Full Version : New System?

bigtimebronco
12-21-2010, 07:18 PM
When the new coaching staff comes in, what style of offense would you like to see, the Shannahan zbs west coast offense, our current NE style spread? power running game and deep pass? personally what i would like is for us to utilize our recievers while still maintaining that dowhill running game, im talking under center singleback sets with 3 or 4 WRs spread the the defense while still keeping that downhill threat with moreno. Sets with DT, brandon lloyd and eddie royal all in there, 3 wr I formations, a lot of play action and bootlegs, throw in a little read option here and there, let timmy move around. Im not sure why under center singleback (ace) offenses are going extinct, but we should sure bring it back. Far too many possibilities and benefits.

Day1BroncoFan
12-21-2010, 07:20 PM
I want to see something that can win games and pulverize opponents.

Power running with a pick you apart passing game that has deep threat capabilities.

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 07:24 PM
One that convert 3rd and 3

hotcarl
12-21-2010, 07:27 PM
something that can utilize a soft running back, maybe some kind of powderpuff formations? something pink. :welcome:

Rick
12-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Run 'N' Shoot variation.

we are already basically set up for it with no real receiving TE.

Loyd, Thomas, Royal, Decker as the primary 4 set.

Moreno in single back.

Tebow runs option, either launch it to one of the receivers or run it.

Can still mix it up with a few more power oriented plays here and there bringing in Larson for some conventional runs or run 2 TE with Graham and Quinn, run some play actions in there, some boot legs, and still do some straight drop back.

Keep them guessing, but I kind of like the idea of an offense that is geared towards flooding the field with a lot of offense and run a bit with athletic QB.

We just seem built for it ATM to me.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
You have to start with ZBS.

You must have a QB that can improvise.

On Defense, Dick Lebeau's ZONE BLITZ is the best model in pro football.

elsid13
12-21-2010, 08:29 PM

I actually think that the Ravens/Jets multi look blitz system is better.

red98
12-21-2010, 08:35 PM

Only when Dick Lebeau is running it.

bigtimebronco
12-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Only when Dick Lebeau is running it.

Very true.... im surprised his name hasnt popped up for HC

elsid13
12-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Very true.... im surprised his name hasnt popped up for HC

The guy is 70 plus years old, no one is going to hire him.

Tebow666
12-21-2010, 09:22 PM
One that convert 3rd and 3

more like 3rd and 8, 3rd and 12-15 because thats where we are usually at these days....unfortunately

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Kubiak's offense best suits this team with a number of rollouts (showcasing a QBs mobility), ZBS and a step on your neck running game.

I Eat Staples
12-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Can Tebow run anything other than the spread?

If he can't, that severely limits our coaching choices, assuming Bowlen insists on keeping Tebow for at least the near future. And before I get attacked I'm not saying he can't, I'm raising a question for discussion.

Dreadnought
12-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Kubiak's offense best suits this team with a number of rollouts (showcasing a QBs mobility), ZBS and a step on your neck running game.

That would be my choice too. I miss the ZBS more than I can say. Ideally something like what we ran in the 90's; FAST pass catching TE who is functionally another WR and never leaves the field, 2 back set, ZBS, gives you lots of options and forces the defense to defend against everything - and that means they have to guess.

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 11:13 PM

If he can't, that severely limits our coaching choices, assuming Bowlen insists on keeping Tebow for at least the near future. And before I get attacked I'm not saying he can't, I'm raising a question for discussion.

Apparently Orton doesn't do very well with offenses systems other than the spread.

sneakers
12-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I like watching the triple option, it is fun.

BroncoStud
12-22-2010, 09:21 AM
I was hoping we would bring in Barry Switzer to help us install the wishbone.

Juriga72
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I was hoping we would bring in Barry Switzer to help us install the wishbone.

Barry WON a Super Bowl, so he has to be good right?

Man just think we could try out Marcus DuPree as running back... have you seen him lately ( 30 on 30 ESPN) Dude is HUGE... man what a beast

HORSEPOWER 56
12-22-2010, 10:08 AM

He actually took the majority of the snaps this past week from under center. It's not like he has to do trigonometry or learn Mandarin Chinese to run the offense. He's had almost a whole year to practice taking snaps from under center. He didn't fumble a single snap this past game. I think he'll be fine.

T.K.O.
12-22-2010, 11:41 AM
i think maybe we should try and emulate other successful teams.....like the patriots:beer:

Cugel
12-22-2010, 11:55 AM

I agree. The ZBS might be a good system for Tebow to work with once he's trained to make throws while on the move, and it certainly worked a HELL of a lot better than McDaniels system. There are lots of teams moving to that system so we should be able to find an assistant coach to coach the OL who's familiar with it. And we already have Harris & Clady who are familiar playing in it.

The ZBS roll-out worked with Cutler, and Plummer, and Tebow is vastly a better runner than either. He could do designed roll-outs and either throw, or tuck and run the ball if there's nobody open.

The problem is his lack of accuracy on throws, especially if rolling out. That might limit his effectiveness, but he's just going to have to work on those throws a lot. We'll see if he can do it next year. :coffee:

Cugel
12-22-2010, 11:58 AM
i think maybe we should try and emulate other successful teams.....like the patriots:beer:

:tsk: Bite your tongue!

Cugel
12-22-2010, 12:03 PM
He actually took the majority of the snaps this past week from under center. It's not like he has to do trigonometry or learn Mandarin Chinese to run the offense. He's had almost a whole year to practice taking snaps from under center. He didn't fumble a single snap this past game. I think he'll be fine.

It's not taking the snaps that's the problem. It's making accurate reads while on the move and making accurate throws with some ZIP on them. His arm is considered average and his throws tended to be rainbows in college. That, plus his unorthodox delivery has NFL scouts dubious about his prospects of being an elite NFL QB.

They might be right, and he's certainly a project, but in the absence of being able to draft Luck (improbable), then we might as well make the best of Tebow for a year and see what he can do. He's certainly a hard worker and I expect to see measurable improvement in his accuracy in year 2. And his ability to read defenses will improve with time (hopefully).

IF Tebow proves to be the next Vince Young or JaMarcus Russell or something then the Broncos will probably be drafting in the top five in 2012 too anyway, in which case they can draft a franchise QB then.