PDA

View Full Version : My Email to Cowherd

WARHORSE
12-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Im not stating that Tebow has arrived or anything, but listening to Cowherd bash Tebow was sickening.

I sent him a little message:

Youre the perfect example of the polarizing personality of Tim Tebow. For some reason people, including you, seem to feel the obligation to state whether Tebow will either be a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc,etc franchise QB, or a complete failure on the next level. As if we are each expected to state our opinion on his future in order to know 'who knows football' and who doesnt. I know....its your job. Happens all the time, just with a little more fervor with Tebow it seems. Wonder why that is.........hmm.
Stating that possible Broncos HC candidates are going to be limited because of the franchises stance on being devoted to Tebow, and comparing that to the Raider/Jamarcus Russell situation is close to ridiculous at this point and time. But continue to build your case.
As well, it seems that since you stated your opinion that Tebow will not succeed in the NFL, you feel obligated to point out that.....'people are going nuts because the guy completed 8 passes'.

Your view is negatively skewed because you have stated your stance on Tebow and you of course will continue to do so until youre backed in a corner and made to state otherwise. And you know its a pretty safe place to be, cause if you end up being wrong....you'll say....'My bad. I was wrong on Tebow, huh?"
But I think your belittling of his debut to be unfairly skewed..........if you compare it to Manning.....Brady.....Elway......Favre.......Monta na......Aikman......etc, etc.

Not that you have to change your stance on his future, but you definitely dont need to ridicule his first start, because the man made plays.

Ridiculous. Doesnt mean one way or another, on whether he will eventually pan out, but it ISNT Jamarcus Russell dude.

As for the HC candidates. How about a real HC that would come in, and coach to the players strengths? You state the organization is duping itself for wanting a HC to come in and work with Tebow. Any HC that doesnt believe he can win with Tebow at THIS point has no belief in his own abilities. So it would be the number of HCs that have confidence in their ability to coach, not the organization limiting the candidates. In other words....EVERY HC is awesome when Brady is under center....know what I mean?
Tebow has shown NO adverse traits to this point. He has NOT received reps with the first team offense, which when you look back on it, explains alot.
McDaniels didnt give first team reps to Cassell, nor Simms and Elway stated the other day how surprised he was to learn McD was not giving reps to Tebow in practice.....this entire year after training camp. Remember Cassell the first few games he started for NE? Unprepared. Did you see Chris Simms step in for Kyle Orton last year? I could not for the life of me understand how Simms could play so badly.

This past sunday, in a difficult offense, with limited reps, he played....and yet he managed the game under pressure, and scored points.

Did you look at Kyle Ortons stats the two weeks prior to that in the same offense?
How about against that same Raider defense? He completed 12 passes.......out of 29 attempts.

Seems to me the veteran with experience would do better than lowly Tebow who doesnt project to be a winner in the NFL.

Heres a twofer: The next Cowherd segment of your show, its called: The Cowherd KEYWORD of the day: INTANGIBLES.

Love your show BTW. :confused:

dogfish
12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
i would've gone with something shorter-- more along the lines of "hey cowturd, kiss my ass you moron!"-- but that's just me. . .

Ravage!!!
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
no way he read that. Hell, it was too long for me to read.

Dzone
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
i would've gone with something shorter-- more along the lines of "hey cowturd, kiss my ass you moron!"-- but that's just me. . .

LMAO! cowturd

Dirk
12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
:lol:

Great job War!! :salute:

It's funny how a lot of people have thrown Tebow under the bus without giving him a chance to prove he can or cannot be an NFL QB.

No one knows yet. But most have made up their minds already.

chazoe60
12-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Collin Cowherd is the biggest elitist dirtbag piece of shit to ever open his worthless trap on the airwaves. I hope people figure him out, he gets sued for libel by everyone who isn't USC or the Pats, and ends up penniless and in the gutter selling sexual favors for crack.

BroncoStud
12-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know how people listen to CowTurd. He's so obnoxious and more than anything else, just wrong about his takes. I don't know who's knob he slobbed to get his own show but he knows about as much about sports as a comatose lizard.

rationalfan
12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
here's what i like about cowherd: every time i listen to his show i learn something i didn't expect to hear from a sports show (for example, the other day he was talking about the surge in NBA viewship ratings as related to free agency moves, as opposed to just talking about player stats). sure, he's a polarizing talking head, but he gets beyond the chronic knee-jerkisms of sports commentary. for me, that's something to appreciate.

though, the guy does talk too much about college football for my tastes.

Northman
12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I love Cowherd. Dont always agree with his takes but enjoy his show more than any other out there right now.

frenchfan
12-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah... I think people and "expert" should give Tebow a break.

I mean, you don't know what a rookie QB can or can't do in the NFL until he played some games... Am I so stupid to say that? (If so, well, just consider I'm French... I should be forgiven :laugh: ).

Peyton could have been a total bust.. His first year wasn't so impressive...
Expert will endorse (or not) a QB based on their opinion. But I don't get it that a QB who won 2 championships, and had such a college career doesn't have the benefit of the doubt...
I really don't have a clue if he will succeed or not in the NFL. Nobody knows the future (except McFly of course lol).

Oh yeah... His mechanics are not so great... Hmmm... yeah... Let's talk about Rivers, Elway, Big Ben, Steve Young and many other QB who didn't have such perfect delivery after all...
What I see in Tebow is a winner, a fierce competitor, a leader... Someone that is able to make his teamates better...
So, will he miss some passes? Oh yes he will for sure...
Will he make bad plays? Oh yes he will for sure...
Like any other QB (Peyton with 11 Int in 3 games... wow!!!!! May be this guy is a failure too now... LOL).

Let him play and show what he can do on a field...
IMO, Tebow is far away to be our main problem... Hummm... Who said "Defense"????? :confused: :D

That reminds me of John McEnroe... This guy had an absolute bad technic... That was beyond logic... He should have never been a great player with those "mechanics"... But he was one of the greatest all time...
I'm not saying Tebow will be one of the greatest... But I'd like people to give him his chance and wait before killing him... Period.

BTW, for a first start, I think it was pretty impressive... Sure he made mistakes... He is a rookie and according to what I've heard, he didn't have many reps... Very interesting first game... Hope he will go on like that...

GEM
12-21-2010, 05:04 PM
who gives a shit :rolleyes:

Obviously he did, since he took the time to post it.

And obviously you did, since you took the time to reply to it.

Cugel
12-21-2010, 06:07 PM
It's so predictable. Someone rips Tebow, and you all jump up and shake your fists and all him names. What are you people? 12? "Cowturd!" Just brilliant! :coffee:

Tebow doesn't need your help. He'll just continue to work and then people will either accept it or not.

But, what a waste of time your e-mail was! :coffee:

topscribe
12-21-2010, 06:11 PM
here's what i like about cowherd: every time i listen to his show i learn something i didn't expect to hear from a sports show (for example, the other day he was talking about the surge in NBA viewship ratings as related to free agency moves, as opposed to just talking about player stats). sure, he's a polarizing talking head, but he gets beyond the chronic knee-jerkisms of sports commentary. for me, that's something to appreciate.

though, the guy does talk too much about college football for my tastes.

It's so predictable. Someone rips Tebow, and you all jump up and shake your fists and all him names. What are you people? 12? "Cowturd!" Just brilliant! :coffee:

Tebow doesn't need your help. He'll just continue to work and then people will either accept it or not.

Well, the dreadful mistake Cowherd made was to offend adoring fans . . .

-----

Northman
12-21-2010, 06:11 PM

Cugal, you are the sign of the devil mate. Red Dog 666. :lol:

dogfish
12-21-2010, 06:12 PM

he's an arrogant ass-- i've disliked him since i first heard him, has nothing to do with tebow. . . why do people always assume?

topscribe
12-21-2010, 06:15 PM
he's an arrogant ass-- i've disliked him since i first heard him, has nothing to do with tebow. . . why do people always assume?

Maybe it's because you responded to a specific case of outrage.

But I took it as at least partially your customary tongue-in-cheek contribution. ;)

-----

dogfish
12-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Cugal, you are the sign of the devil mate. Red Dog 666. :lol:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5749/avatar448766.gif (http://img403.imageshack.us/i/avatar448766.gif/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

dogfish
12-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Maybe it's because you responded to a specific case of outrage.

But I took it as at least partially your customary tongue-in-cheek contribution. ;)

-----

i appreciate that. . .

:D

Ravage!!!
12-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I like Cowherd. I don 't always agree with his opinion, but he's thought provoking. He tells you how it is, despite you liking to hear it of not.

BeefStew25
12-21-2010, 06:24 PM
He also thinks Elway is the greatest player ever.

rationalfan
12-21-2010, 07:22 PM
who gives a shit :rolleyes:

i'm sure the same could be said to anything you post.

hotcarl
12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
i guess you missed the "context"

who gives a shit what cowherd says?

ill reword it: who gives a shit what COWNERD says, kind of a play on words, heh

butthole :welcome:

Day1BroncoFan
12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
He also thinks Elway is the greatest player ever.

Everybody is right at least once in their lives.

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 09:46 PM
too wordy

atwater27
12-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Cowherd is right about Tebow. he calls it like he sees it. Tebow was a reach, a horrible 1st round selection for our ballclub, and like it or not, one of the reasons McDaniels was fired. I am sure he is a good guy, but like Colin says, we aren't judging his nice guy buddy skills, but his NFL QB skills. Dude was a reach, will not live anywhere near the value he cost us, and it is not his fault whatsoever. I wish him the best, but if we want to be a successful team going forward, it will most definitely not be with him behind center. Flame away oh fan police and superhomers.

DenBronx
12-21-2010, 11:24 PM

Dog...you and a short post would be like me getting to hook up with Jessica Alba.

It's never gonna happen. :lol:

DenBronx
12-21-2010, 11:30 PM

You knew you knew you were going to read an email before even clicking on this thread didn't you? Isn't that what the title says? :rolleyes:

dogfish
12-21-2010, 11:40 PM
dog...you and a short post would be like me getting to hook up with jessica alba.

It's never gonna happen. :lol:

lmfao

dogfish
12-21-2010, 11:41 PM
^^ oh, see what i did there? ^^

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Cowherd is right about Tebow. he calls it like he sees it. Tebow was a reach, a horrible 1st round selection for our ballclub, and like it or not, one of the reasons McDaniels was fired. I am sure he is a good guy, but like Colin says, we aren't judging his nice guy buddy skills, but his NFL QB skills. Dude was a reach, will not live anywhere near the value he cost us, and it is not his fault whatsoever. I wish him the best, but if we want to be a successful team going forward, it will most definitely not be with him behind center. Flame away oh fan police and superhomers.

I was right there with you until the highlighted part... So you're absolutely sure he's going to be a failure are you? No chance he'll ever be a winner or a successful QB for us? None? You could tell all of this based on one game where they let him throw 16 passes and he scored twice (should've been 3 times) and posted a higher passer rating than our starting QB's previous 3 weeks' ratings... combined.

I'm super glad that you've already made your decision, though. One less thing for you to consider having to be objective about going forward... bash away, oh hater!

topscribe
12-21-2010, 11:58 PM
I was right there with you until the highlighted part... So you're absolutely sure he's going to be a failure are you? No chance he'll ever be a winner or a successful QB for us? None? You could tell all of this based on one game where they let him throw 16 passes and he scored twice (should've been 3 times) and posted a higher passer rating than our starting QB's previous 3 weeks' ratings... combined.

I'm super glad that you've already made your decision, though. One less thing for you to consider having to be objective about going forward... bash away, oh hater!

How does that make him a hater?

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
12-22-2010, 12:02 AM
How does that make him a hater?

-----

"but if we want to be a successful team going forward, it will most definitely not be with him behind center."

This about a guy who has played one game, scored 2 TDs and had a passer rating over 100 with no turnovers? How can it be anything but. There's absolutely nothing to justify anything with his statement AT ALL. That, my friend is a simple matter of plain unadulterated, hate.

Basically, he's saying "I hate Tebow because he's, well, Tebow".

topscribe
12-22-2010, 12:07 AM
"but if we want to be a successful team going forward, it will most definitely not be with him behind center."

This about a guy who has played one game, scored 2 TDs and had a passer rating over 100 with no turnovers? How can it be anything but. There's absolutely nothing to justify anything with his statement AT ALL. That, my friend is a simple matter of plain unadulterated, hate.

Basically, he's saying "I hate Tebow because he's, well, Tebow".

That's not what I read in his post. I read that he's sure Tebow's a good guy,
and that he wishes Tebow the best. Maybe it makes him a doubter, but I
don't believe he deserves to be called a hater . . .

-----

dogfish
12-22-2010, 12:10 AM

dude, leave atty alone. . . he consulted his magic eight ball. . .

topscribe
12-22-2010, 12:11 AM
dude, leave atty alone. . . he consulted his magic eight ball. . .

He just needs to stop finding himself behind it . . . :lol:

-----

sneakers
12-22-2010, 12:42 AM
He says stupid crap so that people like you will call into the show and write emails, and otherwise remember the show...that's basically the only reason why he says stupid shit.

Joel
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
no way he read that. Hell, it was too long for me to read.
Which is your prerogative, and his, but, c'mon, that post took all of five minutes to read, and made a number of good points; anyone who doesn't have that much time or interest in the subject probably has no business commenting on it, y'know? ;)

It's not like it's just you or just this; I see people do it all the time with religion, politics, tech, books, you name it. People get terribly passionate about complex and often nuanced issues, but if you can't boil it down to a bumper sticker it's "TL;DR." If you've ever wondered why people who want to run the third largest country on Earth (but population and area) insist on speaking in thirty second soundbites that say nothing: Wonder no more.... :rolleyes:

For the record, I'm not sold on Tebow, but completely agree with WARHORSE that anyone foolish enough to make firm extreme predictions after ONE start and a half dozen or so previous plays is begging to end up with egg on their face. I think Quinn has the better college prep and has been in the League longer, plus I don't know how much he's really to blame for his performance in Cleveland; they sucked while he was there--and before, and after. By all appearances, however, Tebow has the kind of athletic ability, intelligence and attitude a good NFL QB requires. It remains to be seen if appearances are accurate, but on what basis can anyone call him a bum OR HoFer at this point?

BroncoStud
12-22-2010, 09:04 AM
I just can't get into his show. He's just overly arrogant and I disagree with way too many of his takes and opinions. Jim Rome IMO is night and day better than CowTurd, I've been listening to Jim's radio show since about 1998 or so. He's usually spot on with his opinions though he kisses his guest's asses a little too much in the interviews.

Dirk
12-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I just can't get into his show. He's just overly arrogant and I disagree with way too many of his takes and opinions. Jim Rome IMO is night and day better than CowTurd, I've been listening to Jim's radio show since about 1998 or so. He's usually spot on with his opinions though he kisses his guest's asses a little too much in the interviews.

I don't know and/or heard this Cowherd or whatever his name is. But I agree with you on Rome. His show cracks me up. I love watching him.

SOCALORADO.
12-22-2010, 09:13 AM

Coward is the king of the blanket statement.
He always, ALWAYS makes at least 20 a show.
"You cant make an omlette, without breakin some eggs"
He always has a million of these stupid, cliche blanket remarks.
Hes usually wrong waay more than hes right, and that really is the issue many of you that listen to him are struggling with.
He makes stupid statements to get ratings.

Jim Rome, who i am not a huge fan of, is light years ahead of Coward.

Nomad
12-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I like to listen to Steve Czaben!!

BTW, entertaining thread letting some blowhard get you all wound up. Cowherd is entertaining and Tebow is basically going to have to prove himself on the field!! People want him to fail because he's always had such success.....it's weird but I guess it's human envy!!

atwater27
12-22-2010, 09:29 AM

I made my decision before the draft. and as far as passer rating, that was a fluke ass TD pass. Seriously. he shoulda been picked several times too.

Dzone
12-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Im a sports talk show junky. Im listening to mike and mike on espn right now...Gruden is on and talking about Tebow. "Unconventional" "Denver needs some defense to give your young qb some field position"
Anyway, I recently discovered The John Kinkade Show on Espn radio Sunday 7-10. i highly recommend that show. One of the best ever

atwater27
12-22-2010, 09:31 AM
I like Cowherd. I like his politics too. He sneaks some in here and there in sly ways.

Nomad
12-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Im a sports talk show junky. Im listening to mike and mike on espn right now...Gruden is on and talking about Tebow. "Unconventional" "Denver needs some defense to give your young qb some field position"
Anyway, I recently discovered The John Kinkade Show on Espn radio Sunday 7-10. i highly recommend that show. One of the best ever

Have you ever tried out SportingNewsRadio?? I listen to it over the internet, same with the Denver Sports Stations. But with the new FCC regs, we will have to pay extra in order to do so, same with watching youtube or anything over the internet!!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I made my decision before the draft. and as far as passer rating, that was a fluke ass TD pass. Seriously. he shoulda been picked several times too.

And Ball should've had a TD pass, but he dropped one... Karma is funny like that.

Dzone
12-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Have you ever tried out SportingNewsRadio?? I listen to it over the internet, same with the Denver Sports Stations. But with the new FCC regs, we will have to pay extra in order to do so, same with watching youtube or anything over the internet!!
Thanks! I will definitely check it out. I live about 90 minutes from denver so I dont get the stations on the radio. I just recently found out about 877 and 104.3 and I get them on my phone and my computer now. Its so awesome. It has been unreal to listen to talk about Broncos/Tebow 24/7... Now I am hooked.lol

Dzone
12-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Right on. I like that sportingnewsradio...I switch back and forth between sports talk shows..whichever one is talking about NFL..if they are talking about the Broncos, I leave it there...I dont want to hear about baseball hockey or basketball..well, maybe a little NBA but Im into NFL Football

Dzone
12-22-2010, 10:24 AM
And Ball should've had a TD pass, but he dropped one... Karma is funny like that.
He should do like that Buffalo Bill dude did and twitter God and tell God off for making him miss that ball.

topscribe
12-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I like Cowherd. I like his politics too. He sneaks some in here and there in sly ways.

Cowherd has probably offended everyone at one time or the other. That is
what happens when one tries to convey the brutal truth. Just about everyone
idolizes somebody, and when a broadcaster criticizes their idol's flaws, which
they all possess, it threatens to fracture that shell of perfection surrounding
the image the idol's sycophants hold toward that idol.

Which is okay with the given broadcaster because a following that includes
those who hate him is still a following, and that is what the broadcaster is
after . . .

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
12-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Cowherd has probably offended everyone at one time or the other. That is
what happens when one tries to convey the brutal truth. Just about everyone
idolizes somebody, and when a broadcaster criticizes their idol's flaws, which
they all possess, it threatens to fracture that shell of perfection surrounding
the image the idol's sycophants hold toward that idol.

Which is okay with the given broadcaster because a following that includes
those who hate him is still a following, and that is what the broadcaster is
after . . .

-----

You can call it "Brutal Truth" if you want, but it's really just another radio jock's opinion. He's no more "truthful" than Mike and Mike, Jim Rome, Big Al/D-mac/Stink, Rush Limbaugh, or Howard Stern. You either like his opinion or you don't, but most of what he says, just like any radio show host, is completely biased opinion. Calling stuff "truth" when it's just an opinion you support doesn't actually make it true...

Nomad
12-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks! I will definitely check it out. I live about 90 minutes from denver so I dont get the stations on the radio. I just recently found out about 877 and 104.3 and I get them on my phone and my computer now. Its so awesome. It has been unreal to listen to talk about Broncos/Tebow 24/7... Now I am hooked.lol

If you like talking or listening to SEC football then Tim Brando is your guy though he does mix it up!!

I wish all the radio shows would cover the UCONN's women's basketball team more!!:drinking:

topscribe
12-22-2010, 11:03 AM
You can call it "Brutal Truth" if you want, but it's really just another radio jock's opinion. He's no more "truthful" than Mike and Mike, Jim Rome, Big Al/D-mac/Stink, Rush Limbaugh, or Howard Stern. You either like his opinion or you don't, but most of what he says, just like any radio show host, is completely biased opinion. Calling stuff "truth" when it's just an opinion you support doesn't actually make it true...

Notice I said when one tries to convey the truth. It may or may not be the
truth, but it goes two ways: Neither does saying it is not the truth make it an
untruth.

It just so happens that some people's opinions fall closer to the truth than
others. While we are all biased to some degree, some of us still document
our arguments better than do others. That makes little difference to many.
They are going to believe what they want to believe, the truth be damned.
When that happens, then truth becomes just another opinion to them.

So what we have is a common conundrum: To some, their opinion is truth,
while to others, the truth is just an opinion. Many hold to both . . .

-----

NightTrainLayne
12-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I find it interesting that Tebow's draft spot and the picks spent on him continue to be brought up.

That's a great criticism of McDaniels and his draft-day strategy, but McDaniels is history.

If we had drafted Tebow in the 5th round would it make any difference? No.

What matters now is what do we do going forward. Is it possible Tebow isn't the answer? Yes, just as it's possible he is. But where he was drafted by the previous regime doesn't mean squat related to that question.

slim
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
I find it interesting that Tebow's draft spot and the picks spent on him continue to be brought up.

That's a great criticism of McDaniels and his draft-day strategy, but McDaniels is history.

What matters now is what do we do going forward. Is it possible Tebow isn't the answer? Yes, just as it's possible he is. But where he was drafted by the previous regime doesn't mean squate related to that question.

It is hard to drive when you are looking over your shoulder.

Let's rip off that rearview mirror, boys. The future is calling.

topscribe
12-22-2010, 02:19 PM
It is hard to drive when you are looking over your shoulder.

Let's rip off that rearview mirror, boys. The future is calling.

Good advice in principle. However, the fact remains that, in this case, the
past is the present. Every time the opponent rips off a 20-, 30-, or 40-yard
run, every time I look at post-game stats and see the opponent's defensive
totals and the final score, I think of the squandered draft choices.

I can tell you right now that Tebow is not the answer. Don't get me wrong: I
am not saying he will not be a good QB. I am saying that the answer lies with
the defense. Had the defense even been "average" this year, the Broncos
would at least still be fighting for the AFCW crown.

Next year, we may have two QBs who can do the job. One would have
done nicely - after all, only one at a time can play QB. With all those draft
picks that were blown on offense, had they been invested instead in
defense, the Broncos might also have had a defense that could do the job.

Sure, look to the future. But what does the future hold? It's hard to
contemplate that without my thoughts regressing back to the past . . .

-----

dogfish
12-22-2010, 02:25 PM

What matters now is what do we do going forward. Is it possible Tebow isn't the answer? Yes, just as it's possible he is. But where he was drafted by the previous regime doesn't mean squat related to that question.

while i absolutely agree with you in theory, i'm not sure that's how it will or even should work in practice. . .

i think you're 100% correct when it comes to managing expectations, but managing the roster is something different. . .

the new regime can't afford to treat tebow as a 5th round pick for very long, because he isn't paid like a 5th round pick. . . you can always justify a year or two for development, but if he's not starting in a year or two, you have to re-assess the situation. . .

also, his draft status does impact any potential trade value he may have next year. . .

you don't want your owner to meddle like al davis, but at the same time, i don't want the next HC going all mcdaniels on our roster and shipping out quality talent just because he's too dumb or stubborn to figure out how to use it. . .

if i'm pat bowlen, i'm absolutely going to ask every candidate what they'd do with tebow, and i'm going to lean very strongly towards a coach that will at least try to develop him and maximize the investment we've already made. . . if no good coach will work with him (unlikely-- shell out for gruden if need be!) then you have to reconsider, but if we're looking at the difference between two solid candidates, i'm taking the guy who will work with tim-- no question. . .

topscribe
12-22-2010, 02:35 PM
while i absolutely agree with you in theory, i'm not sure that's how it will or even should work in practice. . .

i think you're 100% correct when it comes to managing expectations, but managing the roster is something different. . .

the new regime can't afford to treat tebow as a 5th round pick for very long, because he isn't paid like a 5th round pick. . . you can always justify a year or two for development, but if he's not starting in a year or two, you have to re-assess the situation. . .

also, his draft status does impact any potential trade value he may have next year. . .

you don't want your owner to meddle like al davis, but at the same time, i don't want the next HC going all mcdaniels on our roster and shipping out quality talent just because he's too dumb or stubborn to figure out how to use it. . .

if i'm pat bowlen, i'm absolutely going to ask every candidate what they'd do with tebow, and i'm going to lean very strongly towards a coach that will at least try to develop him and maximize the investment we've already made. . . if no good coach will work with him (unlikely-- shell out for gruden if need be!) then you have to reconsider, but if we're looking at the difference between two solid candidates, i'm taking the guy who will work with tim-- no question. . .

To a degree, but that sounds a bit like a "litmus test." Personally, I would
prefer an answer such as, "I'm going in there with a blank slate. I have no
expectations at this point. The players will create their own roles, and that
will include Tebow or anyone else on the roster. Of course, I will work with
him - why would I not? That is in the best interest of the team, to work
with every player who we feel is worthy of the time and effort. Beyond
that, whether we play him, and how much, will be decided with the best
interests of the team in mind.

"But we need to look at the whole team," my candidate would continue. "I
see a defense that desperately needs attention - in fact, that would be my
priority. While the defense ranks in the bottom three of the league, the
team is not going to win many games, let alone even think about any kind
of championship. We saw that last year, didn't we? So, yes, we will assess
and work with the QBs. But the priority has to be on defense."

Now, that guy would jump to the head of the line, in my mind . . .

-----

dogfish
12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
no question. . . i don't expect or even want the new guy to come in and just hand out starting jobs without seeing anyone play-- i just want an assurance that he's GOING to watch guys play, not predetermine who fits his system and who doesn't before he even has his office unpacked. . .

Lonestar
12-22-2010, 07:17 PM
War. Was a good email. But I doubt he took the time to read it.

As for cowherd for the most part he is good.

Why he does not like Tebow is beyond me.

Just like on here someone gets invested in a particular player, scheme, coach and can't back away from them no matter what the changes are good or bad.

As for rome he is to what I refer to "punk" his infinity for the kiddie calls making fun of other callers has me switching stations when he comes on locally.

But to each their own.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

WARHORSE
12-22-2010, 08:51 PM
War. Was a good email. But I doubt he took the time to read it.

As for cowherd for the most part he is good.

Why he does not like Tebow is beyond me.

Just like on here someone gets invested in a particular player, scheme, coach and can't back away from them no matter what the changes are good or bad.

As for rome he is to what I refer to "punk" his infinity for the kiddie calls making fun of other callers has me switching stations when he comes on locally.

But to each their own.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Actually, I agree with those of you who mentioned this.

It wont get mentioned on air, but I figure I give him a piece of mind anyway.

Maybe one day I bump into him in a grocery store or sumthin.

I'll take one of the dozen eggs he'll have in his shopping cart, grab his neck and force him to chew and swallow.

heh heh

It will be childish and ignorant, but I bet I feel better. :D

BeefStew25
12-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Herd is a vegan.

Sinthor
12-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah... I think people and "expert" should give Tebow a break.

I mean, you don't know what a rookie QB can or can't do in the NFL until he played some games... Am I so stupid to say that? (If so, well, just consider I'm French... I should be forgiven :laugh: ).

Peyton could have been a total bust.. His first year wasn't so impressive...
Expert will endorse (or not) a QB based on their opinion. But I don't get it that a QB who won 2 championships, and had such a college career doesn't have the benefit of the doubt...
I really don't have a clue if he will succeed or not in the NFL. Nobody knows the future (except McFly of course lol).

Oh yeah... His mechanics are not so great... Hmmm... yeah... Let's talk about Rivers, Elway, Big Ben, Steve Young and many other QB who didn't have such perfect delivery after all...
What I see in Tebow is a winner, a fierce competitor, a leader... Someone that is able to make his teamates better...
So, will he miss some passes? Oh yes he will for sure...
Will he make bad plays? Oh yes he will for sure...
Like any other QB (Peyton with 11 Int in 3 games... wow!!!!! May be this guy is a failure too now... LOL).

Let him play and show what he can do on a field...
IMO, Tebow is far away to be our main problem... Hummm... Who said "Defense"????? :confused: :D

That reminds me of John McEnroe... This guy had an absolute bad technic... That was beyond logic... He should have never been a great player with those "mechanics"... But he was one of the greatest all time...
I'm not saying Tebow will be one of the greatest... But I'd like people to give him his chance and wait before killing him... Period.

BTW, for a first start, I think it was pretty impressive... Sure he made mistakes... He is a rookie and according to what I've heard, he didn't have many reps... Very interesting first game... Hope he will go on like that...

Ok, let's get this straight first. I'm NOT a "Tebow Fanatic." Didn't follow him in college, don't own a jersey (I never buy a jersey till the player's been with the team for a while and PROVEN himself). I was a bit concerned when I heard this year that the Broncos had gotten him because of some of the negative things I'd read (just that he wouldn't ever be an NFL player from Mel Kiper Jr.). But, I decided to look into it and see who this kid was, especially once I read all the crazy great stuff about him in college. So now I'm rooting for him big time, and here's why:

1. First, I'm a BRONCOS fan. I want the team to do well and we have Tebow right now. So if he does great chances are the team does great. And, like everyone else, I've missed having a really good QB since Elway retired. I was getting my hopes up that maybe Cutler would be that dude but...let's not go there right now. That's over and done with.

2. There has NEVER (that I can find and please correct me if I'm wrong) been a QB that had even NEAR the amount of success that Tebow had, that has been dissed like this by a few of the prominent media scouts and other in general. NEVER. This makes me want to root for him more.

3. Misconceptions abound, like that he was only a running QB and won't be able to do that "in the league." He passed far more than he ran in college. Heck he wasn't near the runner that Vince Young or Michael Vick was. He set records in PASSING EFFICIENCY. I'm not talking just yardage but EFFICIENCY. Had fewer INTS than Peyton Manning during his career, and by a LOT. Set passing records. ALONG THE WAY he also ran for a lot of shorter yardage scores.

So again, I want the team to do well. But the amount of BS out there like Tebow being only a running QB and all of that, drives me insane. No one has ever been ripped like this kid has been. His delivery? Bernie Kosar is one that comes to mind....he did just fine.

Anyway, the bottom line is that NO ONE knows if he'll make it or not. But going by a lot of what people have used in the past to judge these kids out of college, the indications are that he has a great shot. People say he can't "read" defenses...yeah, like what he ran in high school and college never required reads. Of course, that's different than the NFL, BUT to say he simply can't do this is asinine. What basis is there for that statement? He can't throw. Again, look at the yardage he threw for and more, the EFFICIENCY and lack of INTS and tell me how you can know that any more than you did for say Peyton Manning. Check out the link for how college stats compare and the rating of 6 college QB's under NFL ratings.

Bottom line, let all the naysayers talk. But if you're a fan of the Broncos you SHOULD be rooting for Tebow to tear it up. Of course we don't know and speculating is just that, speculation. But ripping the kid or pronouncing him the savior of the team after one game is just silly. And by the way, ripping him after a GOOD performance as a 1st time starter by any standard is WAY sillier than thinking it means he's the guy. Why? Because you don't have ANYTHING to stand on. At least the "pro" people have some stats to back them up. :) Anyway, let's root for the guy and not contribute to the bad season the Broncos have had by piling on.

If he isn't the guy, we should know by some time next season. If that's the case, I'm all for moving on, like we have from Orton since we know what we've got with him. Till then, lets hope he IS the next elite QB in Denver. And let's not root for the team to lose it's last two games and hope for a pity and charity good player to be awarded because of that. This team has too proud of a history to be awarded charity. It deserves to earn it's spot and compete just like other storied franchises.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/index.html