PDA

View Full Version : Did Champ "mail it in" ??

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I did not watch much of the game, but it struck me odd that Bailey had the only clean white jersey at the end of the game.

Was he playing football ?

Or was it an act ?

Northman
12-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I think he was eyeing up the Raider cheerleaders. He's getting one picked out when he retires.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I had a feeling......thanks for confirming.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Fine, I'll take Peterson and ship his butt off to Buffalo.

shank
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
i know nothing about WWII... it was all that goebbels character's fault, wasn't it?

BORDERLINE
12-21-2010, 02:28 PM
hell no...besides the KC game at home, Champ has been Champ we need to keep him here make him retire a Bronco

BroncoStud
12-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Champ has played as hard or harder than anyone this season. Do whatever it takes to make sure this man retires a Bronco. He has a nother season or 2 at CB then he can make the transition to FS, which he will be great at.

Denver could have a secondary spot solidified for 5 more years in Champ.

He's a game-changer.

dogfish
12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
absolutely not. . .

did you see the game he played against bowe a few weeks ago? champ's a consummate pro, and he's clearly playing for his next contract whether it's here or elsewhere. . . mailing it in isn't part of his DNA. . .

zbeg
12-21-2010, 02:42 PM
CB's the only position where if you don't hear their name all day, you know they probably did a pretty good job.

Good chance that Champ's jersey was clean because the Raiders were avoiding him like the plague, which is the smart thing to do. If "avoidance" was a stat, Champ would be near the top of the league every year.

SoCalImport
12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Other than the big reverse to Ford in the first quarter (when everyone but the ref saw Champ get held badly) I don't think I heard his name called.

broncofaninfla
12-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Champ has been playing some damn good ball this season. He is still by far the best player we have on defense. I hope he retires a Bronco.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
I stand corrected......but very weird how clean the jersey was considering the run game and field conditions.

Thanks for the info.

shank
12-21-2010, 03:09 PM
this thread makes puppies cry

Ravage!!!
12-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I rmemeber we had a televised game... and late in the game the tv commentator called out my number as just coming into the game when, in fact I had been starting all 3 quarters. The other guy sitting with him, says "noo. he's been playing all game long, just looks new cause his jersey is so white."

I had the best game of the season that game, completely shutting out their #1 WR in a pass happy offense, and getting the highest grades of the team on film day. But my jersey was white.

camdisco24
12-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Just means he covered his guys flawlessly... no need to dive around when no one throws your way... ;)

Foochacho
12-21-2010, 05:12 PM
I rmemeber we had a televised game... and late in the game the tv commentator called out my number as just coming into the game when, in fact I had been starting all 3 quarters. The other guy sitting with him, says "noo. he's been playing all game long, just looks new cause his jersey is so white."

I had the best game of the season that game, completely shutting out their #1 WR in a pass happy offense, and getting the highest grades of the team on film day. But my jersey was white.

That's not the story I heard, I heard you sucked it up that day.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 06:43 PM
That's not the story I heard, I heard you sucked it up that day.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Nice run support.

Devilspawn
12-21-2010, 07:35 PM
He was covering Darrius Heyward-Bey. You probably didn't see him sweat either.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 07:42 PM
he was covering darrius heyward-bey. You probably didn't see him sweat either.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

lmao

BCJ
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
CB's the only position where if you don't hear their name all day, you know they probably did a pretty good job.

Good chance that Champ's jersey was clean because the Raiders were avoiding him like the plague, which is the smart thing to do. If "avoidance" was a stat, Champ would be near the top of the league every year.

Funny somebody starts a thread about a certain star player and admits not watching the game but asking a deragatory question that probably has never been asked in his career. If you didnt see it anywhere in the Raiders' game topics, why would you even want to ask an assinine question. I mean if Topscribe is gone for a few days and we dont post, should we start a topic, "I havent seen Topscribe for a few days and have no contact with him so is he in jail?"
Why did I quote this post? Almost forgot. If you had a choice of Pro Bowl Bailey or rookie and lost Cox, what side of the field would you throw to? Other teams do what Cox is being accused of and that is they Rape him at every turn.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Funny somebody starts a thread about a certain star player and admits not watching the game but asking a deragatory question that probably has never been asked in his career. If you didnt see it anywhere in the Raiders' game topics, why would you even want to ask an assinine question. I mean if Topscribe is gone for a few days and we dont post, should we start a topic, "I havent seen Topscribe for a few days and have no contact with him so is he in jail?"
Why did I quote this post? Almost forgot. If you had a choice of Pro Bowl Bailey or rookie and lost Cox, what side of the field would you throw to? Other teams do what Cox is being accused of and that is they Rape him at every turn.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

1) It's not assinine to ask a question.

2) There is a rift between Bailey and the organization.

3) I don't care who you are.....if your uniform is that clean at the end of the game.....I'm going to wonder.

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 09:27 PM
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

3) I don't care who you are.....if your uniform is that clean at the end of the game.....I'm going to wonder.

Ummm.. no rift between Champ and the organization.
They simply have come to the point they need to decide on a contract.

They almost had a deal during the season... managment decided to wait till seasons end.

It is the business end of this game.

Champ loves the broncos... said he'd like to play with Tebow...
and has said he does not know what will happen when the season is over.

That is not a rift.

Dzone
12-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Bailey has never mailed it in. He has the same level of intensity that we see in Tim Tebow

BeefStew25
12-21-2010, 09:56 PM

Do you have any pictures of you playing?

scott.475
12-21-2010, 10:01 PM
From what I remember, there were not many plays going Champ's way, even the runs. He was ALWAYS coming into the play from the far end of the field, at which point the play was usually over. But, Champ always closes on the play, even when it is over. He has to be one of the best, if not THE best, run support corners in the league. The guy has no quit in him. Having a clean jersey in his case is just a sign not many plays were going his way I think.

Tned
12-21-2010, 10:55 PM

1) That's a matter of opinion.

2) No, there isn't a rift, they have broken off negotiations. Champ has made clear he wants to return to Denver.

3) Yea, it couldn't possibly be because they only threw his way once or twice the entire game.

Face it, to go from "clean uniform" to "Did Champ mail it in", when he's clearly given 100% effort in every game he's played in Denver is ridiculous.

sneakers
12-21-2010, 11:04 PM
maybe he covered so well that he didnt have a chance to tackle anyone because they never threw it in his direction???

dogfish
12-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Champ has made clear he wants to return to Denver.

did he? i thought some of his recent comments had a less certain tone than that, but i can't recall exactly what he said. . . just seemed like the normal politically correct vague comments about "i like being here, don't have a deal right now so we'll see what's up, would be glad to be here if the situation-- ie. money-- is right, etc etc. . .

did you read something where he made more definitive statements?

because i really hope he does stay here, and to this point i haven't necessarily been fully convinced that he wants to. . . i've kind of been assuming that we'd have to franchise him. . .

Ravage!!!
12-22-2010, 02:50 AM
We don't know if there is a rift of not. Champ made it clear he wanted to come back to Denver during the negotiations... lets not be so sure about that, now.

Seems he was commenting about Tebow and made a comment about him starting THIS season so that he would have a chance to play WITH him "while he could." Doesn't exactly sound like a guy that believes he's going to be around, or, wants to be around.

Tned
12-22-2010, 09:47 AM
did he? i thought some of his recent comments had a less certain tone than that, but i can't recall exactly what he said. . . just seemed like the normal politically correct vague comments about "i like being here, don't have a deal right now so we'll see what's up, would be glad to be here if the situation-- ie. money-- is right, etc etc. . .

did you read something where he made more definitive statements?

because i really hope he does stay here, and to this point i haven't necessarily been fully convinced that he wants to. . . i've kind of been assuming that we'd have to franchise him. . .

Don't have me to look now, but will later. I either read, or heard on the radio, just within the last few days, where it was stated he wants to stay in Denver. That said, some of the beat reporters seem to think the odds are low he's back.

Tned
12-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Following the game today:

RT @MaxBroncos: Champ Bailey on Tebow: "He's a winner...Hopefully I'm around to see him win a lot of games."