PDA

View Full Version : If you could take back just one thing...

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM
of the McDaniels' era, what would it be? Please explain your decision.

Northman
12-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Hiring McD.

SoCalImport
12-21-2010, 08:52 AM
it would be the dvd of 10,000 BC I bought for my step dad. Not only is it a so so movie but he's already got it.

BroncoNut
12-21-2010, 08:52 AM
not big on him in some ways, but probably cutty under the right coach. Hillis and BM are more replaceable imo

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Watching Jay last night with that craptastic set of recievers...man. How nice would have it been to draft..DEFENSE ..

I really hate Mcdummy

Nomad
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I guess it would be between the Hillis trade and Nolan going, but I chose Hillis!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
I had to go with the Nolan thing. He was the first real DC we've had in a decade and actually was on the right track to make a our defense respectable again. Shit, look what he's done with a bunch of nobodies in Miami this year. Cameron Wake is the new Elvis Dumervil. With a few more years of work and a couple defense oriented drafts, we could've rivaled the Jets or Ravens. :tsk:

Tned
12-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Cutler. We would be a competitive team with Cutler behind center. We would have been able to focus more on the defense, rather than bringing in guys like Tebow and Quinn to replace Orton. Granted, we would have had less draft picks, but with only one in 2010, presumably, McD wouldn't have wasted one on Smith. Hard to say with only one, if we would have wound up with Moreno, Orakpo or Ayers.

Regardless, his baggage aside, Cutler is damn good QB and would have actually given McDaniels offense a chance to win. Ironically, McDaniels would almost certainly be the HC in 2011 if he hadn't fired Cutler.

MileHighCrew
If not hiring him in the first place, the Cutler trade. It all started and went down from there.

Dzone
The dismantling started when Mcd got rid of Mike Leach. That was the first sign of the disaster that was to come. Then the Cutler fiasco took place. Cutlers team just won their division and he had a big part in that. So I vote for the Cutler trade. I remember how we all hoped maybe Orton was going to be better than Cutler. LOL

Nomad
I had to go with the Nolan thing. He was the first real DC we've had in a decade and actually was on the right track to make a our defense respectable again. Shit, look what he's done with a bunch of nobodies in Miami this year. Cameron Wake is the new Elvis Dumervil. With a few more years of work and a couple defense oriented drafts, we could've rivaled the Jets or Ravens. :tsk:

I agree! Nolan with the defense (he did prove his worth in Miami) and Hillis with the run game, perhaps this could of been a different team!!

Northman
12-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Cutler. We would be a competitive team with Cutler behind center. We would have been able to focus more on the defense, rather than bringing in guys like Tebow and Quinn to replace Orton. Granted, we would have had less draft picks, but with only one in 2010, presumably, McD wouldn't have wasted one on Smith. Hard to say with only one, if we would have wound up with Moreno, Orakpo or Ayers.

Regardless, his baggage aside, Cutler is damn good QB and would have actually given McDaniels offense a chance to win. Ironically, McDaniels would almost certainly be the HC in 2011 if he hadn't fired Cutler.

Pretty much my thinking as well. Cutler was basically where it all started and Nolan was the final straw. But any HC with any idea what they were doing would of come in and seen what the real issue was on the team yet we know the final result.

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Waiting till now to start Tebow

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 09:09 AM

Since he's been fired I assume you mean "not starting Tebow while he was here".

elsid13
12-21-2010, 09:25 AM
It start with Cutler and goes down hill from there. The trade of Cutler required Denver to revamp the offense and pull resources away for the defense.

BroncoNut
12-21-2010, 09:27 AM
gp elsid

vandammage13
12-21-2010, 09:30 AM
My vote is not on the ballot....My biggest beef is making us suffer through Kyle Orton for nearly 2 years.

Dirk
12-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Nolan

I get all the other things that started the dominoes falling.

But Nolan was the only thing that was a bright spot for me. I still wish he was in Denver.

elsid13
12-21-2010, 09:38 AM
BTW there were 5 throws that Cutler made yesterday that just pissed me off, every time I think about that trade. One was bullet between two defenders into strong head wind that resulted in first TD and the others were the very very quick throws on blitz. Maybe 4 other starters in the NFL could been successful with them, and none of those guys plays in Denver.

Dreadnought
12-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Gawd, what an Honor Roll of disastrously stupid decisions. The only one remotely defensible is the Marshall trade, and even there I don't like it.

Shanny refusing to fire Bob Slowick immediately after the 08 season made all these terrible things happen IMO. Since then its been like one of those ancient Greek tragedies where you can see the end result foreshadowed from the start. As you watch each step unfold you see how the final apocalyptic ending draws nearer and comes together, with each stupid and arrogant decision building on the previous stupid and arrogant decision. The end result in those plays is usually a stage full of dead bodies.

Nothing so dramatic here, just a badly broken team that may now be the worst in the League

LordTrychon
12-21-2010, 09:43 AM
I would go with Nolan... if it weren't for the fact that MOST coaches don't stick with one team for 16 years the way a great QB can.

And yes, I felt then and still feel that Cutler can be a great QB.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 09:45 AM
To this point, I'm just surprised how many Cutler votes there are... Last March, I thought he was public enemy #1 around here and was led to believe we were way better off without him... :whoknows:

elsid13
12-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Gawd, what an Honor Roll of disastrously stupid decisions. The only one remotely defensible is the Marshall trade, and even there I don't like it.

Shanny refusing to fire Bob Slowick immediately after the 08 season made all these terrible things happen IMO. Since then its been like one of those ancient Greek tragedies where you can see the end result foreshadowed from the start. As you watch each step unfold you see how the final apocalyptic ending draws nearer and comes together, with each stupid and arrogant decision building on the previous stupid and arrogant decision. The end result in those plays is usually a stage full of dead bodies.

Nothing so dramatic here, just a badly broken team that may now be the worst in the League

I can understand why Shahanan didn't want to fire/demote Slowick. Our biggest problem on defense has been the lack of stability when comes to defense systems. It impossible to have a good defense when you always changing systems and type of players you need. The Ravens are good defense team because though the system has evolved it use the same core concept and allows the Newsome to find players that fit that system. The Steelers are great defense team because they stick with system no matter who the coach is and get those players that make it work.

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
To this point, I'm just surprised how many Cutler votes there are... Last March, I thought he was public enemy #1 around here and was led to believe we were way better off without him... :whoknows:

THAT was when:
"Cutler can't win in December"
"Cutler has never had a winning season as a pro"
"Cutler forced Josh to trade him"
"Orton is JUSt as good if not better"

and we kow the answers now..... I was so depressed watching those same 5 passes last night too, knowing all year long not ONE qb here could make them.

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 09:56 AM
I can understand why Shahanan didn't want to fire/demote Slowick. Our biggest problem on defense has been the lack of stability when comes to defense systems. It impossible to have a good defense when you always changing systems and type of players you need. The Ravens are good defense team because though the system has evolved it use the same core concept and allows the Newsome to find players that fit that system. The Steelers are great defense team because they stick with system no matter who the coach is and get those players that make it work.

Expanding this point.....

LAST year with Urlacher hurt, Chicago's D was at best average. They went out and "Over paid" for Peppers and got Urlacher back.... NOW look at them, carrying that team... to the playoffs.

Northman
12-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Expanding this point.....

LAST year with Urlacher hurt, Chicago's D was at best average. They went out and "Over paid" for Peppers and got Urlacher back.... NOW look at them, carrying that team... to the playoffs.

The other thing im noticing lately also is although the Oline still has some issues they have improved a lot more over the course of the last 4 or 5 weeks. Add the fact that Martz is utilizing Forte better and allowing Jay to roll out on bootlegs and you can see the team starting to really build chemistry.

Oh, and for those that said that Jay cant be a leader or doesnt get along with teammates they should of taken a gander at the clip they showed before the game last night. Cutler has very much been a leader for them and gets along with them just fine.

frauschieze
12-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Signing Lonnie Paxton. :D

But seriously, what an awful list to choose from. So many of those things were absolutely devastating......but I'm going to go with Nolan. Our defense is putrid, and that's putting it kindly. Nolan made a huge difference and purely because of McD's terrible people skills, he's gone.

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 10:05 AM
The other thing im noticing lately also is although the Oline still has some issues they have improved a lot more over the course of the last 4 or 5 weeks. Add the fact that Martz is utilizing Forte better and allowing Jay to roll out on bootlegs and you can see the team starting to really build chemistry.

Oh, and for those that said that Jay cant be a leader or doesnt get along with teammates they should of taken a gander at the clip they showed before the game last night. Cutler has very much been a leader for them and gets along with them just fine.

I about threw up when they showed that..... I was like..."F!!!!!" why cant he just go sit down by himself like "REAL leaders" do....

Did you see that blitz throw to .... 81 (????) it was like...gone/td as soon as it left his hand

F-Mcdummy...F U!!!!!!!

Dirk
12-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Meh...I don't see all the love for Cutty. Talented yes....going to the playoffs because of him? NO.

Chi town is going to the playoffs because of their defense. Cutty is having an average year.

BroncoNut
12-21-2010, 10:08 AM
I about threw up when they showed that..... I was like..."F!!!!!" why cant he just go sit down by himself like "REAL leaders" do....

Did you see that blitz throw to .... 81 (????) it was like...gone/td as soon as it left his hand

F-Mcdummy...F U!!!!!!!

do you mean orton?

Nomad
12-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Meh...I don't see all the love for Cutty. Talented yes....going to the playoffs because of him? NO.

Chi town is going to the playoffs because of their defense. Cutty is having an average year.

Orton wishes he was still in Chicago too!!

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 10:12 AM
do you mean orton?

No.... The knock on Jay here was he did just that, sat down by himself. The knock on him LAST year was he "sat by himself all the time"....

THIS year..... not sitting by himself.

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 10:16 AM

IIRC 4- 4th quarter comeback wins this year

108.1 qb rating "4th qrt +/- 7 pts"
93 qb rating "When behind"

Getting sacked or hit on almost every play, running for first downs...... damn.

Because the NFL loves the Bears wqe will get to see alot more of them and Cutler next year besides here.and I hate that.......

Nomad
12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Because the NFL loves the Bears wqe will get to see alot more of them and Cutler next year besides here.and I hate that.......

They bumped the BRONCOS game here this week for the Jets/Bears game!

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 10:22 AM
They bumped the BRONCOS game here this week for the Jets/Bears game!

I just threw up in my mouth....lol For that one or two throws a game I get to say....."THATS why he sucks!!!!!". Then he whips one in a spot that maybe 2-3 can and I go....." I really hate Mcdummy...... I will piss on his grave"

Dzone
12-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Lets not forget brett kern..lol...we were 6-0 with him...all he did was make the Titans go undefeated

Dzone
12-21-2010, 10:29 AM

Yes, but now that we know what a jerk and a liar Mcdaniels is, we can kinda sympathize a little bit with why Cutler didnt want to play for him...both Cutler and Mcd are jerks, but Cutler is now in the playoffs and Mcdaniels is fired

EMB6903
12-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Would be Cutler but Denver has Tebow who will be a better QB.

I'd have to go with Hillis or trading a top 15 pick for Alphonso Smith, the Quinn pick is up there as well. too many to decide.

Dzone
12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Peyton Hillis is coming on the Dan Patrick show on foxsports radio in a few minutes...will they ask him if he hit on mcdaniels wife? lol

PAINTERDAVE
12-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Other choice...

Gutting (rebuilding) the offense instead of the defense.

Tned
12-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Also, on the leader thing, late in the game after a field goal was kicked, he went on to the field wearing one of those long coats and bandage on his chin to congratulate the kicking team.

broncofaninfla
So many things I'd like to change.......Hillis and Nolan were huge IMO. Mcd made SO many mistakes it hard to know what was the most pivotable. Ripping apart the offense and not addressing the defense is the one that stands out. I can't help but imagine what would have happened if Denver kept the offense intact an hired a coach who knew defense. We be light years ahead of where we are now. Mcd was probably the worst mistake in franchise history. Hard to imagine anybody being a worse head coach than him.

tomjonesrocks
Obviously the Cutler trade.

With a franchise QB--everything else is fixable.

We'll be very lucky if 10 years from now we're not posting the same topics and hoping the team can one day go back to being a winner.

dogfish
12-21-2010, 11:42 AM
If you could take back just one thing...

it would be lepsis tearing up TD's knee, no question. . .

wait. . . am i doing this wrong?

jhildebrand
12-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I always maintained my issue with the Cutler trade was how McDaniels handled it.

Well Cutler is maturing in Chicago and I have to admit that removing Cutler was the worst move in the McDaniels era. He has no WR's, a jeckyl and hide o line, and the guy just won the North. He won the division where it was a foregone conclusion that GB or MN would win no matter what.

T.K.O.
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
you forgot....
not retiring after his first 6 games !:beer:

dunk7
12-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Voted for the Cutler Trade because that was absolutely idiotic but that incident forcing him to overpay for a "project" QB made it significantly worse.

Cugel
12-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Hiring McD.

BINGO! Nothing could turn a LOSER of a coach into a WINNER!

He inherited talent. He got rid of it.
He brought in failures and defended his choices.

In short everything he did was a total disaster. Undoing the Cutler trade would only have kept him around longer, because Cutler could carry a team to probably around a 7-9 record or something, just the way he and Marshall carried the team in 2008 despite the total lack of defense.

At least he would have done better than Kyle Orton -- which would only have kept McIdiot around long enough to permanently destroy this franchise! How many more drafts would it have taken McDaniels to sink the Broncos for an entire decade? :coffee:

Cugel
12-21-2010, 12:41 PM
It start with Cutler and goes down hill from there. The trade of Cutler required Denver to revamp the offense and pull resources away for the defense.

Sadly, if you give a wads of thousand dollar bills to a junkie he's just going to squander them. Give McDaniels unlimited draft picks and he'd just waste them. As he did.

He probably would have used the #1 overall pick on Tebow if Denver had had it! Or maybe he'd have drafted Ayers #1. God knows with that idiot! :coffee:

GEM
12-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Our issue the last decade has been defense. We finally got a good DC and he shipped him out. That one infuriates me.

camdisco24
12-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Our issue the last decade has been defense. We finally got a good DC and he shipped him out. That one infuriates me.

x2. I voted getting rid of Nolan as well. Just look how much our D has gone down without him this year. Sure there were problems last season on D... but could you imagine what Nolan could have down with a couple of high draft picks??

So many things that McD did bring up the question... What if??
Sad really...

On a side note, with McD gone, my hatred of Jay Cutler seems to be gone. I wanted to blame Jay so bad for that whole issue... but after two seasons of watching McD, I'm pretty sure Cutler was only a small SMALL fraction of the problem.

arapaho2
12-21-2010, 01:13 PM
should be a ranking of his stupidity not a single choice

1. the cutler fiasco

2. fireing nolan

3. wasting the 12th pick on moreno

4. trading hillis

5. setting the tone of who cares if your a solid player..if i get a chance to land a former pat, your history, with paxton

6. alphonso smith...from the wasted pick to tradeing him for a 7th rd TE

7. blowing 2 3rds on quinn

8. trading marshall

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Can we stop this thread.... Its staring to get depressing.....Hell it IS depressing. lol

Cugel
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM
On a side note, with McD gone, my hatred of Jay Cutler seems to be gone. I wanted to blame Jay so bad for that whole issue... but after two seasons of watching McD, I'm pretty sure Cutler was only a small SMALL fraction of the problem.

I'm really not trying to pick a fight here, but I just never understood this attitude. Why would you so badly want to blame Cutler, when it was clear from the beginning that it wasn't really his fault?

I would put myself in Cutler's place and realize that I'd want to be traded too if someone treated me the way McDaniels did and said the things he did.

Why should the player have to be loyal to the team when the team isn't going to be loyal to him? How much loyalty would you show to your boss if that boss first told you what a valuable employee you were and how happy he was to be working with you.

Then he went behind your back and tried to bring in a guy he worked with in another branch office to replace you and take your job!

Then he tried to cover up and lie about it, and when people told you privately what REALLY went down, he flatly lied to your face and said he'd do it all again in a heart-beat!

What if you knew that lot of other companies would love to hire you? Would you sit around and tolerate the abuse and finger-pointing behind your back? Why put up with it if you don't have to? :coffee:

McDaniels wanted "his QB" from the beginning. And Cutler was Shanahan's guy. McDaniels was just trying to figure out a face saving way to get rid of him from the beginning and get Matt Cassell.

And when that blew up in his face, he just made up an idiotic cover story and stuck to it, secure in the knowledge that many fans WANTED desperately to believe the lies.

I'll just never understand it. :coffee:

OrangeHoof
12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
I had to think about this and I realized that once you conclude that McDaniels was an epic mistake, all these decisions contributed to his quick dismissal which, otherwise, might have continued another 1-2 seasons. So, I think each misstep is a positive in the eventual process of removing the real cancer, which was McDaniels.

topscribe
12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Hiring McD.

You beat me to it . . .

-----

topscribe
12-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Voted for the Cutler Trade because that was absolutely idiotic but that incident forcing him to overpay for a "project" QB made it significantly worse.

Actually, I didn't think the trade itself was so bad. I thought at the time,
"Now, there's our chance at building a defense."

Hmmph . . . bet me . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

camdisco24
12-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm really not trying to pick a fight here, but I just never understood this attitude. Why would you so badly want to blame Cutler, when it was clear from the beginning that it wasn't really his fault?

I would put myself in Cutler's place and realize that I'd want to be traded too if someone treated me the way McDaniels did and said the things he did.

Why should the player have to be loyal to the team when the team isn't going to be loyal to him? How much loyalty would you show to your boss if that boss first told you what a valuable employee you were and how happy he was to be working with you.

Then he went behind your back and tried to bring in a guy he worked with in another branch office to replace you and take your job!

Then he tried to cover up and lie about it, and when people told you privately what REALLY went down, he flatly lied to your face and said he'd do it all again in a heart-beat!

What if you knew that lot of other companies would love to hire you? Would you sit around and tolerate the abuse and finger-pointing behind your back? Why put up with it if you don't have to? :coffee:

McDaniels wanted "his QB" from the beginning. And Cutler was Shanahan's guy. McDaniels was just trying to figure out a face saving way to get rid of him from the beginning and get Matt Cassell.

And when that blew up in his face, he just made up an idiotic cover story and stuck to it, secure in the knowledge that many fans WANTED desperately to believe the lies.

I'll just never understand it. :coffee:

Honestly, I agree with all that.
I can't explain it either now that I look at the big picture. I wanted to make the guy still with the Broncos look good, and the kid on the bears look like a Diva. Now... that entire thought process was wrong, but I didn't realize it until McD was shown the door (and watching all the other douchy things he did...)

frenchfan
12-21-2010, 01:53 PM

Regardless, his baggage aside, Cutler is damn good QB and would have actually given McDaniels offense a chance to win. Ironically, McDaniels would almost certainly be the HC in 2011 if he hadn't fired Cutler.Not a big fan of Cutler's attitude, but he has the tools of a great QB... No doubt about that...

I'm on boards with Tned because I thought we would have focused on D rather than to dismantle our good O... OK, we weren't efficient in the RZ, but there was something we could have adressed IMO. May be Jay would have learned a lot with McD... Who knows?
I would be comfortable with Jay and a D ala Ravens or Steelers anyday ! I would give up Moreno, Hillis & co for that in a heartbeat.

Instead of building a good D to support our good O, we built another O with a very poor D... I'm totally sick of that.
Damn, how good it would be to have taken Orakpo and to know what a D is...

Hope the next HC has learned the lesson and won't go on O during the next draft... We need a D... Play Tebow and build a good team (O, D and ST) around him... Then I think we could talk about playoffs again...

Juriga72
12-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Not a big fan of Cutler's attitude, but he has the tools of a great QB... No doubt about that...

I'm on boards with Tned because I thought we would have focused on D rather than to dismantle our good O... OK, we weren't efficient in the RZ, but there was something we could have adressed IMO. May be Jay would have learned a lot with McD... Who knows?
I would be comfortable with Jay and a D ala Ravens or Steelers anyday ! I would give up Moreno, Hillis & co for that in a heartbeat.

Instead of building a good D to support our good O, we built another O with a very poor D... I'm totally sick of that.
Damn, how good it would be to have taken Orakpo and to know what a D is...

Hope the next HC has learned the lesson and won't go on O during the next draft... We need a D... Play Tebow and build a good team (O, D and ST) around him... Then I think we could talk about playoffs again...

Like I said in the other thread....
Mcd COULD have made the Cutler trade into Herschel Walker II, instead he turned it into Jerome Bettis for Lawrence Phillps II.......

I still will piss on his grave someday for that......

Kapaibro
12-21-2010, 02:05 PM
It's pretty close between hillis and nolan for me, but I choose Hillis.

Also, even though I didn't like cutler, I think McD should have worked with him. As Tned said, had McD left the offense around cutler, and drafted a strong defense, he'd still have a job.

Ravage!!!
12-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I voted the Cutler trade, but the Hiring of McD is the "all the above" answer.

Trading Cutler, imo, was just the beginning of the downfall. That was the beacon of McD's ego that absolutely destroyed this team and put us at the bottom of the NFL. Everything else, was a repercussion of that move.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Keep Shanahan

Hire Nolan as DC

(Listen to SC7 before you screw up the team)

dogfish
12-21-2010, 02:21 PM
running off the goodmans and getting xanders promoted should probably be an option as well. . . who knows, maybe some of the mistakes wouldn't have been made if those guys had stayed on in a position of some authority. . .

Day1BroncoFan
12-21-2010, 02:28 PM
If I could take backe one decision McD made it would be to accept the job in the first place.

BORDERLINE
12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Trading Hillis has to be at the top or sharing a spot on there.

Hillis would have had our running game in gear. Not so upset with th knowhson pick since him and Hillis would have made a nice combo.

Making Nolan leave was also up there. I believe maybe McD was afraid if things din't go his way he would have Nolan breathin down his neck

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 05:38 PM
running off the goodmans and getting xanders promoted should probably be an option as well. . . who knows, maybe some of the mistakes wouldn't have been made if those guys had stayed on in a position of some authority. . .

Poll options max out at 10, dog... That should tell you something. I had to narrow them down to 10... ;)

dogfish
12-21-2010, 05:40 PM
:doh:

camdisco24
12-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Everything said in this thread

=McDaniels was a God awful, inept, douche of a coach.

slim
12-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Of the trades, the only one that really bothers me is the Hillis trade (love that guy). I would like to have that one back.

I would also like to have kept Dennison on board.

TXBRONC
12-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Since not hiring McDaniels in the first place isn't an option I have to say trading Cutler. If Cutler stays maybe there isn't domino effect we saw that followed. As it also pointed out previously I too believe we would have been more competitive. Heck we might even have been in the playoff hunt this year. I know I have mentioned this many times before but it really sticks in my craw, we have had five games this year that we lost in final minutes of the game maybe we don't lose them all maybe we win all of them because we would have had a quarterback that could make plays rather than one that plays not to make mistakes. Maybe some of those games that got out of hand wouldn't have happened because again we would have had a quarterback that could make plays.

sneakers
12-22-2010, 01:49 AM
So many choices LOL.

Buff
12-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Hillis by far. Knowshon/Peyton would be a solid young duo and the two would help keep each other healthy... Plus despite being completely screwed over by McDaniels, he always took the high road.

The Alphonso Smith trade is #2.

Ravage!!!
12-22-2010, 02:48 AM
So many choices LOL.

yeah.. and not even two years!! :lol:

Unbelievable!

BCJ
12-22-2010, 03:43 AM
The dismantling started when Mcd got rid of Mike Leach. That was the first sign of the disaster that was to come. Then the Cutler fiasco took place. Cutlers team just won their division and he had a big part in that. So I vote for the Cutler trade. I remember how we all hoped maybe Orton was going to be better than Cutler. LOL

NOt that I voted Cutler but your comment on Mike Leach while could be said tongue in check, it did show that McD would pay way over going rate and kick out Leach, a long time Bronco, for Paxton, an Ex Patriot. No loyalty for the Broncos organization, just a "Me attitude" of curbing things at Dove Valley. He gutted the team pretty hard core and even though I agreed on Cutler and Marshall, it just showed he was trying to make us Patriots West. Hillis has been his biggest **** up yet. Hopefully, he left us a winner in Tebow.

BCJ
12-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Keep Shanahan

Hire Nolan as DC

(Listen to SC7 before you screw up the team)

If we kept Shanahan, this poll would just have his name replaced and different options of complete failure would appear. Shanahan would still be telling us that we have just one or two players to go to get us to the playoffs. It was time for Mike to go and cause havoc in DC.

DenBronx
12-22-2010, 05:00 AM

cause alot of people drank the kool aide.

atwater27
12-22-2010, 09:41 AM
The Cutler trade started the whole ball of dung rolling, so it was an easy selection.

Juriga72
12-22-2010, 10:34 AM
The Cutler trade started the whole ball of dung rolling, so it was an easy selection.

I would have to say that looking back on this pool of answers.. Hiring McDummy and allowing his ego to run the Broncos caused ALL this damage.

His choices caused bad mistakes to be horrendous ones.

#1-Lying to Cutler-We get one of the most lopsided trades and turn it into Lawrence Phillips for Jerome Bettis...yikes 20 years from now this is going to be the next "What the hell were they thinking???" In one of the deepest Defense drafts for the last 10 years..we take a running back.

2- Booting Nolan... Miami is now the #4 defense yards allowed and #7 scoring D in the NFL ( Hmmmm WE were the #7 scoring d last year too.)

3-Dennison/Wiegmann/Hillis/Buck fiasco.... And we are 32nd in rushing WHY???? Signing a 30 year old running back, THEN drafting one at 12 in the first round then trading one for a box of used Kleenex.

McDummy is so bad that he just became a Encyclopedia Britannica entry:

disaster [dɪˈzɑːstə]
n
1. an occurrence that causes great distress or destruction-See Josh Daniels
2. a thing, project, etc., that fails or has been ruined- See Denver Broncos
[C16 (originally in the sense: malevolent astral influence): from Italian disastro, from dis- (pejorative) + astro star, from Latin astrum, from Greek astron]
disastrous adj- "You really Josh McDaniels that"

Lancane
12-22-2010, 11:28 AM
I've said it before...but Cutler would have been awesome in the pro spread offense, he had the tangibles and a lot of this would have been moot - McDaniels would not have had issues with Marshall, Hillis or Scheffler, the offense would have mainly remained intact, we could have focused more on defense then trading picks left and right for offensive players and likely McDaniels would still have a job.

So, in my honest opinion the trading of Cutler, that whole fiasco was the beginning of the end, instead of just moving forward like most coaches we interviewed would have, he let himself be controlled by his Napoleon complex.

I Eat Staples
12-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Easy. Bringing him in for an interview.

Juriga72
12-22-2010, 12:17 PM
:beer:
Easy. Bringing him in for an interview.

Can we shoot whoever called Belly-cheat to ASK to interview him?

Bill-"Man... I am SOOOOOOO upset you would take this brash, smart, knowledgeable coach from my staff.... "

Bill Devaroe
12-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Josh Mc Daniels? More like Posh Lick Paniels, this spice girl needs to lick some skillets and take his broadway show back to vegas.

dogfish
12-22-2010, 12:23 PM
If you could take back just one thing...

i still regret MO getting banned. . .

Bill Devaroe
12-22-2010, 12:23 PM

Tim Tebow? More like Him She Throw. This lil nancy has NO ARM

dogfish
12-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Tim Tebow? More like Him She Throw. This lil nancy has NO ARM

please, tebow could throw cleo lemon fifty yards in the air!

Bill Devaroe
12-22-2010, 12:27 PM
I've said it before...but Cutler would have been terrible in the pro spread offense, he did not have the tangibles and a lot of this would have been moot - So, in my honest opinion the trading of Cutler, that whole fiasco was the right decision. .

Disagree:mad:

camdisco24
12-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Josh Mc Daniels? More like Posh Lick Paniels, this spice girl needs to lick some skillets and take his broadway show back to vegas.

LOL :lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself Bill.