Don't want him back as a HC.

Like someone said in another thread, "He's a poor mans Shanahan"

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 05:51 AM
I think that is a stupid analogy

DenBronx
12-21-2010, 05:54 AM
I think that is a stupid analogy

Kubiac was a great minded OC while he was here but has not proven a thing in Houston with much more talent.

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 05:56 AM
He had the No. 1 passing offense last year.

More talent LMAO

DenBronx
12-21-2010, 06:03 AM

More talent LMAO

Thanks for proving my point. Kubes has had way more talent then what we have yet somehow can't ever make the playoffs.

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 06:21 AM
That is a rediculous point, who doesn't have more talent than the Broncos?

sneakers
12-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Sure, why not....maybe this way we can get Chad Mustard back on the roster for the 27th time.

edit: huh, Chad is now a math teacher and coach at Bellevue West High School in Nebraska.

Dirk
12-21-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm with DenBronx on this one. I wouldn't mind having him back as the OC but not as the HC.

SR
12-21-2010, 08:23 AM

And look where it got him.

Northman
12-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Nah, i dont want him. Basically a Shanahan retread and i want a total new direction.

Nomad
12-21-2010, 08:45 AM
No to Kubiak, but my gut feeling tells me that with Bowlen and Elway at the helm, he'll more than likely end up in Denver especially if the BRONCOS beat the Texans.....hopefully it's just a bad case of gas!! With Cowher putting his name out there for the Texans job, I'm sure their FO is just counting the days!!

Dzone
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
No to Kubiak. We dont need Houstons seconds. He's about to be fired for not getting to the playoffs in 5 years.
And what if he loses Sunday?

NightTrainLayne
12-21-2010, 10:52 AM
The one big plus I see to Kubiak is he would be great imo working with Tebow. His (Shanny's) offense did wonders for Plummer utilizing Plummer's mobility on the roll-outs etc. Obviously, that would be something Tebow could do even more effectively.

However, that plus could come with Kubiak even as the OC. So I see little reason to make him the HC. He doesn't bring much else positive to the table other than the fact that I still think he's the best back-up ever, and appreciate what he did for the Broncos during his tenure here as a player and coach.

EMB6903
12-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Would love for Kubiak to come in as an OC to work under a defensive minded head coach.... other than that Ill pass.

Dzone
12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
IIRC he filled in for Elway in Washington on a monday night after Elway got sick eating at the white house...Zat true?

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 10:59 AM

More talent LMAO

More importantly, his offense provides balance via a running game but also an effective use of a QBs mobility. I cant think of a better offense to suit your boy, Tim. Just look at how Plummer performed while under Kubiak. He was a pro bowler. Griese and Schaub have also been pro-bowlers under Kubiak.

nevcraw
12-21-2010, 11:05 AM
IIRC he filled in for Elway in Washington on a monday night after Elway got sick eating at the white house...Zat true?

I heard that too..

Jagsbch
12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
No to Kubiak, but my gut feeling tells me that with Bowlen and Elway at the helm, he'll more than likely end up in Denver especially if the BRONCOS beat the Texans.....hopefully it's just a bad case of gas!! With Cowher putting his name out there for the Texans job, I'm sure their FO is just counting the days!!

This is the impression I get

tomjonesrocks
12-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Didn't we already have this thread?

Would love Kubiak coming in but according to reports the Texans may keep Kubiak and make only defensive coaching changes even with the recent slide.

jhildebrand
12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
IF Kubiak gets fired, I don't want him here as a HC. He needs to learn some new stuff. The Shanahan way has been passed up by the rest of the league. Kubiak's real success, that you credit to Kubiak Jags, really came from kyle Shanahan being the OC. Part of that success is Kyle was doing new stuff!

Kubiak hasn't won in Houston and will need time to digest it all and start fresh.

Besides, I don't want the McDaniels experiment to have been 1.5 seasons towards change only to turn around and try to go right back to where we were. I want to continue towards a new direction.

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 11:45 AM
IF Kubiak gets fired, I don't want him here as a HC. He needs to learn some new stuff. The Shanahan way has been passed up by the rest of the league. Kubiak's real success, that you credit to Kubiak Jags, really came from kyle Shanahan being the OC. Part of that success is Kyle was doing new stuff!

Kubiak hasn't won in Houston and will need time to digest it all and start fresh.

Besides, I don't want the McDaniels experiment to have been 1.5 seasons towards change only to turn around and try to go right back to where we were. I want to continue towards a new direction.

You must be talking about Houston's defense, because their offense is pretty awesome.

hotcarl
12-21-2010, 11:45 AM
**** that guy

jhildebrand
12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
You must be talking about Houston's defense, because their offense is pretty awesome.

There offense, the one Jags was referring to i.e. last year, was led by Kyle Shanahan. They were more balanced and unpredictable.

This year Dennison, IIRC, is the OC. They were one dimensional to start the season but were winning by running the ball.

I am not saying their offense is garbage this year simply they were better with Kyle as OC. What difference does it make? :confused: As so many have pointed out, they have that great offense and some good pieces on D and still cant do anything.

BroncoStud
12-21-2010, 12:06 PM
The Houston Texans offense doesn't show up for a lot of games. they aren't consistent and the playcall is somewhat predictable. I really don't want Kubiak to be the next HC, if that's the case just give us Shanahan back, who I don't want either.

Kubiak has failed to field even a SERVICABLE defense in the past 5 years, no thanks.

Generally, it's a good rule of thumb NOT to hire coaches who are getting fired the same season for not getting the job done.

OrangeHoof
12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Who wants Gary Kubiac
Inquiring minds want to know

So, apparently, do poor spellers.

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 12:56 PM
There offense, the one Jags was referring to i.e. last year, was led by Kyle Shanahan. They were more balanced and unpredictable.

This year Dennison, IIRC, is the OC. They were one dimensional to start the season but were winning by running the ball.

I am not saying their offense is garbage this year simply they were better with Kyle as OC. What difference does it make? :confused: As so many have pointed out, they have that great offense and some good pieces on D and still cant do anything.

Id take either of one over what we have. And I think both would showcase Tebow really well.

jhildebrand
12-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Id take either of one over what we have. And I think both would showcase Tebow really well.

I am not worried about Tebow. I just want someone who can come in and show us something new-something that the league hasn't passed by 5+ years ago.

Ravage!!!
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I am not worried about Tebow. I just want someone who can come in and show us something new-something that the league hasn't passed by 5+ years ago.

NOTHING is new. NOTHING. The offenses we see today, are the same that were around in the 60s. NOTHING is new. McD's offense, not new. West Coast.. not new when it was used with the 49ers. The wild-whatevers, is just the single wing, not new.

Nothing is "passed up" in the NFL.

camdisco24
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
idk... I wouldn't mind Kubiac as HC backed up by a solid DC.

Personally, I think he could take what we have on offense, shape it around Tebow and have a lot of success. With the help of a good DC, he could hopefully learn from his mistakes in Houston and field a strong D. He's one of those guys who I think can evaluate what he did wrong (if he gets fired) and make the adjustments to fix his shortcoming.

I mean, thats all a guess from my side, but I wouldn't b against him coming back to Denver.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
His record speaks for itself, it also speaks loudly with the players.

I would rather have Dennison, start with a guy with a clean slate (coaching record) and move forward then have a guy (Kubes) that has proven mediocre.

Dennison has proven himself in every position he has held, Kubiak has proven a great OC, not a great HC. (And is welcome back here as OC under Dennison)

I see more potential with Dennison.

I see a great team with them both onboard.

zbeg
12-21-2010, 01:42 PM

Yeppers:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998-01-25/sports/9801250052_1_denver-broncos-fans-gary-kubiak-guy

BroncoBJ
12-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Pretty much agree with a lot of people. I feel if we get him as a HC, we'll just have a decent offense and a poor defense and go 7-9 or 8-8 ever year. I want a coach that will actually lead us to the playoffs. I wouldn't mind him as an OC though. Last time he was OC, we were AFC Championship bound. :elefant:

Day1BroncoFan
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
As others have said, HC no, OC maybe. His role if any would depend on who was hired as HC.

Superchop 7
12-21-2010, 03:18 PM
As others have said, HC no, OC maybe. His role if any would depend on who was hired as HC.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Which is why Dennison is such a great fit.

bigtimebronco
12-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I would like to see Ron Rivera or Mike Nolan at HC, Marc Trestman at OC and personally as long as we have a strong defensive HC, i dont mind whovever is at DC as long as they gel with the head coaches defensive philosophy and strategy

GEM
12-21-2010, 06:13 PM
More importantly, his offense provides balance via a running game but also an effective use of a QBs mobility. I cant think of a better offense to suit your boy, Tim. Just look at how Plummer performed while under Kubiak. He was a pro bowler. Griese and Schaub have also been pro-bowlers under Kubiak.

Right now....I would go for that. I would go for a return to the ZBS as 3 out of our 5 linemen were very good in that system and it's just a much more versatile offense than what we keep trying to force our players into.

GEM
12-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I would like to see Ron Rivera or Mike Nolan at HC, Marc Trestman at OC and personally as long as we have a strong defensive HC, i dont mind whovever is at DC as long as they gel with the head coaches defensive philosophy and strategy

Nolan for DC, no way for HC.

jhildebrand
12-21-2010, 06:47 PM
NOTHING is new. NOTHING. The offenses we see today, are the same that were around in the 60s. NOTHING is new. McD's offense, not new. West Coast.. not new when it was used with the 49ers. The wild-whatevers, is just the single wing, not new.

Nothing is "passed up" in the NFL.

While a system may not be new a coach's implementation and wrinkles can make it new. Furthermore, in a league that is a copycat league that goes in major phases I don't see the Shanahan system faring well right now.

The one major weakness to a Shanahan team was the big, physical pound it teams. The league has more of those now than ever. That is the point I am making. I think it will be a while before we see it successful again.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Shanahan and all he did for this team and his system. I just don't see it getting better and winning again without some new blood and innovation-something he will get from Kyle. I think he and Kubiak's records for the past 5 years would probably support my argument.

Sinthor
12-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Does anyone think it possible that they'd just solidify the GM's authority and KEEP the current coaching staff in place, both as a cheap option with the financials and the CBA uncertainty and basically just take a look next year?

camdisco24
12-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Does anyone think it possible that they'd just solidify the GM's authority and KEEP the current coaching staff in place, both as a cheap option with the financials and the CBA uncertainty and basically just take a look next year?

I would probably die if that happened.....
Our coaching staff is in shambles. If changes aren't made, I'd be shocked, and I'd question if the front office is even watching the games.

WARHORSE
12-25-2010, 07:01 PM
I like Kubes and would welcome him.

claymore
12-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Id like Kubes as HC, and love Kubes as OC. My Christmas fantasy is Fisher HC, Kubes OC, and Luck #1 pick.

I think we may need Jesus as our DC.

Dzone
12-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Kubiak would be great as OC. He is one of those guys that is just better suited to being an assistant coach. I remember when he was offered the head job at CU. He turned it down to remain Bronco OC.
Now that we see how Orton is acting, you really have to appreciate how Kubiak went about his job as Elways backup..never complaining that he should be the starter. Always ready. That monday night in washington when elway got sick off the white house breakfast and Kubiak came in and led denver to victory. it might have been during a super bowl year. I dont remember