PDA

View Full Version : McBath

Montana Battlin Bear
12-21-2010, 02:01 AM
How do you guys feel about McBath?

I remember last year I was stoked to see how he was going to be this year because I remember thinking about how impressed I was with him his rookie year.

I think the kid can play if he can ever stay on the field long enough to prove it.

Hopefully he gets some work in this offseason and gets to show his stuff next year.

Jake Klug
12-21-2010, 02:40 AM
I liked Hamlet better.

sneakers
12-21-2010, 02:59 AM
I liked Hamlet better.

Ha!

Dzone
12-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Havent heard his name announced much this year.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Havent heard his name announced much this year.

That's because he's been injured for most of the year. McBath is an enigma here. He has this huge following like folks know something I don't about him (probably because he was a second round pick and so expectations are high that he might pan out - he's another guy we should've drafted Brace or Maualuga over) being this great Safety or something. He's often injured and really hasn't done anything special the times he has gotten a chance to start so I don't understand this cult following he's developed.

He's just another Josh Barrett or Hamza Abdullah until he proves otherwise, IMO.

Dzone
12-21-2010, 08:54 AM
The failure rate of Mcdaniels draft picks is pretty bad. Maybe Beadles and Walton are going to develop. Of course we are all hoping Tebow comes through. Thats about it. Ayers has looked good at times, but is injured over half the time. Same with Thomas and Moreno. R Quinn has caught one pass and caused a return to be called back because of a penalty. Fonzy was a disaster and cost us a high first round pick. Mcbath seems to be another of those draft picks who has contributed almost nil.
Imagine how good this team would be if all those wasted 1st round picks were used on great players. Bad drafting and crappy cioaching has put us in the class of detroit and buffalo as far as record is concerned.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-21-2010, 08:56 AM
The failure rate of Mcdaniels draft picks is pretty bad. Maybe Beadles and Walton are going to develop. Of course we are all hoping Tebow comes through. Thats about it. Ayers has looked good at times, but is injured over half the time. Same with Thomas and Moreno. R Quinn has caught one pass and caused a return to be called back because of a penalty. Fonzy was a disaster and cost us a high first round pick. Mcbath seems to be another of those draft picks who has contributed almost nil.
Imagine how good this team would be if all those wasted 1st round picks were used on great players. Bad drafting and crappy cioaching has put us in the class of detroit and buffalo as far as record is concerned.

And talent, my friend, and talent...

Cugel
12-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Ah, Darcel McBath! Wake me up when he's ready for the NFL. :sleeping: :sleeping: Another useless player who will be gone next season.

And then people will say: "whatever happened to Darcel McBath? Wasn't he supposed to be a good prospect at one point? Then he got injured and I haven't heard anything?" :rolleyes:

Cugel
12-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Dzone View Post

What fans have to remember is that the NEW coach and GM will have ZERO commitment to any of these players. There will be no tolerance for players who MIGHT develop -- if given enough time.

Why waste the time hoping that the previous coach's failures somehow turn things around and come through? Day 1, Year 1 is the perfect time to clen house and bring in all YOUR OWN players who fit into YOUR scheme.

The OLD coach's players got him fired! Why would the new coach have any loyalty to them? As far as he's concerned, a guy like McBath has done nothing but take up roster space.

Ayers might be in that category too, just as Ryan Torain was when McDaniels came to town. Torain has done pretty well in D.C., but McDaniels wasn't willing to wait on the potential of an oft-injured player.

That's usually what happens. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see ALL of McDaniels' draft picks and FA acquisitions gone by the start of the 2013 season. :coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-22-2010, 12:13 AM
What fans have to remember is that the NEW coach and GM will have ZERO commitment to any of these players. There will be no tolerance for players who MIGHT develop -- if given enough time.

Why waste the time hoping that the previous coach's failures somehow turn things around and come through? Day 1, Year 1 is the perfect time to clen house and bring in all YOUR OWN players who fit into YOUR scheme.

The OLD coach's players got him fired! Why would the new coach have any loyalty to them? As far as he's concerned, a guy like McBath has done nothing but take up roster space.

Ayers might be in that category too, just as Ryan Torain was when McDaniels came to town. Torain has done pretty well in D.C., but McDaniels wasn't willing to wait on the potential of an oft-injured player.

That's usually what happens. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see ALL of McDaniels' draft picks and FA acquisitions gone by the start of the 2013 season. :coffee:

But that's 90% of the problem with the current team. The HC had NO LOYALTY to the players... even the good ones, and decided he needed to "clean house" when he got here. Now, we're 2 years behind.

How about a f'n GOOD COACH who can coach the players he already has instead of having to "blow it up" to make it in his image? Mike Smith didn't "blow up" Atlanta. Spagnuolo didn't "blow up" St Louis. Rex Ryan didn't "blow up" the Jets. They took what they had and added a couple key players.

Why can't we do that? Our roster, on the offensive side of the ball, has a good amount of young talent. that talent is begging to be coached into a well oiled machine. Our defense is a different story. We allowed a young, offensive minded coach to try to patchwork an already bad defense and he botched it...

Fix the defense this year and we should be competing for the division again by 2012. That's what "good coaches" do. All "blowing up the roster for the sake of the scheme" does is guarantee 5 years until you're competitive again.

dogfish
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
the kid seems to have a solid skill set, but i'm starting to think his name should be darcell mcglass. . . hopefully he can get healthy at some point and really show why he was drafted where he was, but at this point i don't know that you can rely too heavily on him when you're putting your roster together for next year. . . obviously he should be competing for a starting spot next year, but we need to make sure we have some other usable options-- and no, that doesn't include bruton. . .

BORDERLINE
12-22-2010, 01:56 AM
needs more work but we cant wait on him for ever

Dzone
12-22-2010, 10:40 AM
He is another trrrble draft pick by Mcdaniels..a wasted 2nd round pick...if we had another person drafting the last two years, we could be contenders right now..we have had a lot of picks

Juriga72
12-22-2010, 10:46 AM
He is another trrrble draft pick by Mcdaniels..a wasted 2nd round pick...if we had another person drafting the last two years, we could be contenders right now..we have had a lot of picks go bad for us

Fixed it for you...

I Eat Staples
12-22-2010, 12:19 PM
But that's 90% of the problem with the current team. The HC had NO LOYALTY to the players... even the good ones, and decided he needed to "clean house" when he got here. Now, we're 2 years behind.

How about a f'n GOOD COACH who can coach the players he already has instead of having to "blow it up" to make it in his image? Mike Smith didn't "blow up" Atlanta. Spagnuolo didn't "blow up" St Louis. Rex Ryan didn't "blow up" the Jets. They took what they had and added a couple key players.

Why can't we do that? Our roster, on the offensive side of the ball, has a good amount of young talent. that talent is begging to be coached into a well oiled machine. Our defense is a different story. We allowed a young, offensive minded coach to try to patchwork an already bad defense and he botched it...

Fix the defense this year and we should be competing for the division again by 2012. That's what "good coaches" do. All "blowing up the roster for the sake of the scheme" does is guarantee 5 years until you're competitive again.

I completely agree with you, but we needed a good coach in 09. Now that McD has left this team talentless, it needs to be blown up. He's already set us back several years.

broncofaninfla
12-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I saw flashes of potential last year, not much this season though. I'm hopeful he'll be a late bloomer like Moreno.

tubby
12-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Injury prone TT *****.

Cugel
12-22-2010, 01:45 PM

True. But McDaniels inherited: Cutler, Sheffler, Marshall, Torain, Hillis, Royal, Clady, Harris, and a ZBS that worked. He inherited the #2 offense in the NFL in 2008. He got rid of GOOD players and brought in scrubs!

Who does the new coach inherit? Tebow (unproven), Clady, Lloyd, and that's about it.

On defense, McDaniels inherited a horrible defense that had D.J., Dumervil and Champ Bailey. He leaves a defense that's even WORSE, probably WITHOUT Champ, and Dumervil returning from injury.

It's just not at ALL the same situation! :coffee:

Those franchises had been BOTTOM DWELLERS for year and had stockpiled some good players from high draft picks. The Jets especially were ready to win with good coaching -- which they got once they got rid of Mangini and got Ryan in.

Jesus Christ couldn't coach the Broncos to a championship right now! :coffee:

Why can't we do that? Our roster, on the offensive side of the ball, has a good amount of young talent. that talent is begging to be coached into a well oiled machine.

I'm sorry, but that is pure Homerism in its most virulent form. :coffee: The Offense is NOT loaded with talent. Outside of Clady and Lloyd there's not ONE player who would be given a starting job anywhere else in the NFL today. Not one! And that includes Tebow BTW! Most teams have a QB they regard more highly than they would Tebow. He's totally UNPROVEN.

Just because DENVER fans get excited about a player doesn't mean he's that great! It just means that Denver fans are more familiar with our players than those for other teams.

Fix the defense this year and we should be competing for the division again by 2012.

That's asking the almost impossible. To "fix" the defense requires replacing 8 or 9 starters from this year's team and NOT just replacing them with re-treads and cast-offs and Special teams players from other teams, but top draft picks and smart trades.

Right now, top to bottom, Denver is ranked 29th or worse in the entire NFL in terms of overall talent. ESPECIALLY on Defense! They are unlikely to be improved next year when rookie DL draft picks won't be any good yet and when Champ Bailey and Dawkins will likely be gone.

FA? The Broncos have been trying to patch the defense with FAs for years now and it hasn't worked yet. Teams build defense from within with smart drafts and then get a few FAs like sprinkles on top. You can't rebuild from scratch with FAs!

That's what "good coaches" do. All "blowing up the roster for the sake of the scheme" does is guarantee 5 years until you're competitive again.

Blowing up the roster because they SUCK is what faces the new coach and GM. No point in keeping McDaniels cast-offs and mis-fits when they were the #31 defense in the NFL this year!

Face it! The current roster simply does NOT contain very many players who are good enough to do their jobs. They're MUCH worse than average in the NFL. And Denver has a LONG way to go to rebuild -- yes! Almost totally from ZERO.

Because McDaniels left a vast talent void behind him. NO way to avoid a long rebuilding effort that will probably take 3 or 4 years. :coffee:

Cugel
12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I saw flashes of potential last year, not much this season though. I'm hopeful he'll be a late bloomer like Moreno.

Moreno hasn't "bloomed" yet early or late. If you regard Moreno as anything other than an injury prone disappointment you haven't been watching the same games I've seen. He shows occasional flashes of talent, but nothing remarkable.

Certainly nothing that would justify making him a top 15 pick of the draft! :coffee:

As for McBath, I hear there are still Broncos fans who are holding out hope that Darius Watts is just "a later bloomer!" :coffee:

Bill Devaroe
12-22-2010, 04:28 PM
How do you guys feel about McBath?

I remember last year I was stoked to see how he was going to be this year because I remember thinking about how impressed I was with him his rookie year.

But now I think the kid can't play and he can never stay on the field.

Hopefully we trade him away in this offseason and gets to show his crap ability to some other team next year.

Totally disagree. I think he has some talent, and I hope that we do not trade him.

Dzone
12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Trade him away for a 4th round pick

HORSEPOWER 56
12-22-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm sorry, but that is pure Homerism in its most virulent form. :coffee: The Offense is NOT loaded with talent. Outside of Clady and Lloyd there's not ONE player who would be given a starting job anywhere else in the NFL today. Not one! And that includes Tebow BTW! Most teams have a QB they regard more highly than they would Tebow. He's totally UNPROVEN.

Just because DENVER fans get excited about a player doesn't mean he's that great! It just means that Denver fans are more familiar with our players than those for other teams.

I don't really think so. With or without Tebow this offense has been effective at times this season. They absolutely manhandled a good Chiefs defense after the bye week. They have the talent, whether you think so or not, they just need coaching. There's no way that we're the #3 pass offense in the league with Kyle Frickin' Orton tossing the ball without having a pretty good supporting cast, NO WAY! Give that line and those WRs someone who can buy a little time with his legs and throw the ball a little more accurately and now you're talking. Bring in a real FB, O-line coach, RBs coach and O-coordinator and lets get the running game on track. Once the running game is up to speed (which really won't take too long), the passing game will follow.

I completely agree that the defense is kinda FUBAR right now, but I can tell you that with defense especially, it's way more about scheme than talent. With less talent, our defense was better last year with Nolan calling the shots. Get someone in here who can call a defense, focus on defense in the draft and FA this year and I guarantee you can turn it around in one year.

The Falcons roster was an absolute MESS before Smith got there. Their defense was ATROCIOUS. He drafted Ryan, brought in Gonzales and Turner in FA, and taught the WRs they had in White and Jenkins how to catch and the rest has been history. Shit, their defensive personnel aren't even that good and they haven't really brought in a lot of guys, either... It's all scheme with them, much like it was with Nolan last year. Smoke and mirrors on defense and an offense that can run the ball and you're in the playoffs.

I Eat Staples
12-22-2010, 10:12 PM
I agree with the above post, Mike Smith gets all the credit for the Falcons defense. I've been telling people they don't have much talent on the defensive side.